My wife suggested that we stay at the Sands at Grace Bay hotel when we headed to Provo for the honeymoon we never had when we married. We went for our 26th wedding anniversary and had a great time. The grounds are beautifully kept with a variety of private and open areas to satisfy your every mood. The rooms are spacious with amenities such as kitchenette and washer/dryer. One very special aspect of this hotel compared to the myriad choices along Grace Bay is the beach layout. While every other hotel seems to cram as many beach chairs and umbrellas as they can into the cramped space on their beach, Sands offers guests plenty of space between seating groups along with low slung plastic chairs that can be set right at the water's edge so your feet dangle in the surf - wonderful!
The only reason that I can't give Sands the full 5 rating is that our "ocean view" room had only a sliver of ocean visible from our balcony - more like a "partial ocean view." Also, the concierge offered to help us schedule tours during our stay, but was not very helpful. The one tour they did schedule was booked incorrectly booked for the Sunday a week later rather than the upcoming Sunday, and we wasted our time waiting on the beach only to be told that there wasn't a tour scheduled that afternoon. When I complained to the front desk about the mix up, I had to contact the tour operator myself to reschedule and ask for a discount - the hotel did not offer to get us a discount for the mix up, nor did they offer us any recompense. The other tour we wanted to schedule the concierge couldn't even contact so we had to schedule this one on our own as well. You may have better luck with the concierge, but be sure to verify your reservations before the scheduled date.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- The Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales