“Great choice for a relaxing vacation”

The Sands at Grace Bay
Ranked #18 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My wife suggested that we stay at the Sands at Grace Bay hotel when we headed to Provo for the honeymoon we never had when we married. We went for our 26th wedding anniversary and had a great time. The grounds are beautifully kept with a variety of private and open areas to satisfy your every mood. The rooms are spacious with amenities such as kitchenette and washer/dryer. One very special aspect of this hotel compared to the myriad choices along Grace Bay is the beach layout. While every other hotel seems to cram as many beach chairs and umbrellas as they can into the cramped space on their beach, Sands offers guests plenty of space between seating groups along with low slung plastic chairs that can be set right at the water's edge so your feet dangle in the surf - wonderful!

The only reason that I can't give Sands the full 5 rating is that our "ocean view" room had only a sliver of ocean visible from our balcony - more like a "partial ocean view." Also, the concierge offered to help us schedule tours during our stay, but was not very helpful. The one tour they did schedule was booked incorrectly booked for the Sunday a week later rather than the upcoming Sunday, and we wasted our time waiting on the beach only to be told that there wasn't a tour scheduled that afternoon. When I complained to the front desk about the mix up, I had to contact the tour operator myself to reschedule and ask for a discount - the hotel did not offer to get us a discount for the mix up, nor did they offer us any recompense. The other tour we wanted to schedule the concierge couldn't even contact so we had to schedule this one on our own as well. You may have better luck with the concierge, but be sure to verify your reservations before the scheduled date.

3  Thank USAPappa
GeneralManager003_13, Front Office Manager at The Sands at Grace Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear USAPappa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences on your 26th Wedding Anniversary stay with us. We were delighted to know that you had a “relaxing and enjoyable” Anniversary visit.

I was happy to see that you enjoyed the beach, resort grounds, the accommodations and amenities but was terribly sorry to learn of the issues you experienced. We are committed to providing excellent services and products. Rest assured I have personally reviewed your feedback with our Front Desk and Concierge staff to prevent future occurrences.

I hope that I may meet you on a future visit so that I may personally welcome you back.

With warm tropical regards

Barbara Rigby
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Just came back from spending 8 nights / 9 days at The Sands. Stayed on the third floor, room 3301, a one bedroom with a kitchen, screened in balcony, living area. Spent all day everyday at the beach, ate at Hemmingway's for all breakfasts and lunches which was wonderful. Eggs, pancakes, rancheros, benedict, fish tacos, salads... I haven't eaten so much in a long time! Everyone was so friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is very clean, beautiful and well maintained.

The beach was gorgeous, clear turquoise water, clean sand and tons of complimentary water sports to partake in. I did the Hobie Cat, paddle board, kayak, and snorkeling. Attempted the wind sail but could never stay on the board! :(

With snorkeling you may get lucky and stumble upon a rogue starfish, or even some sand dollars. I myself spotted two starfish, and found three sand dollars. At one point we saw a 3-foot shark in the shallow waters.

The pools are very nice and are cleaned every morning, but I only swam in it once. The beach was too beautiful to stay by the pool.

There is also some wild life around the resort like lizards, cranes and cats. One cat in particular I named, "Miss Meow." We would wake up and find her laying outside our door in the morning, or come home at night to see her perched on one of the chairs waiting for us. If you see her, say hi! She's a real sweetheart.

My parents have been to this resort twice, this was my first trip. I would not hesitate to come back. Before I returned home I promised myself I would be back. Great resort, great vacation, great location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank oXJXo
GeneralManager003_13, Front Office Manager at The Sands at Grace Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear oXJXo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us and your kind words regarding our staff this will be shared with our entire team. We are delighted that you completely enjoyed your stay and all that the resort had to offer.

You paid us such wonderful compliments and the best of all is the promise to yourself. We can’t wait to welcome you back!

With warm tropical regards,

Barbara Rigby
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We rented a 3 bedroom condo with a ocean-view and loved the 8 nights we were there. Easy bike ride or walk to the grocery store. The kitchen had all appliances needed to accommodate 8 people. The condo was perfect for our family.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Brandy_Green1
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Arrived at Sands for a two-night 'wind down' stay after being at Beaches for 4 nights. It was just okay for us. After meeting the friendliest people who provided exceptional customer service at Beaches, the best service and friendliest person we encountered at this resort was the bell guy and our server during breakfast at hemingways (which was decent, by the way). Front desk (who I think even may have been a supervisor) wasn't impressive. One lady (maybe Racquelle) was helpful in arranging a tour.

Our ocean view room was nice. Bed was comfy. Free wi-fi. Bathroom a little cramped. The biggest problem we incurred was the temperature of our room. Would not get cooler than 79. I may as well stay outdoors for that. After no success after giving it some time to cool, we alerted the front desk. Took a while for someone to come. Guy checked it out and said he'd be back. Returned some time later with another guy...they messed around a bit then left. That was the end...no follow up by front desk/mgr/supervisor, no cooler temp, nothing. So glad we were departing the next morning. Also, I have a hard time believing that they didn't know of this malfunction before putting us in that particular unit.

Nonetheless, will stay elsewhere next time. Glad it was only 2 nights.

Room Tip: Get ocean view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank aloe4
GeneralManager003_13, Manager at The Sands at Grace Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear aloe4,

Thank you for taking the time out of your vacation to write a review. We appreciate your feedback on our resort and value your points for improvement. The service level you experienced is not up to our standard and we will utilize this review with our staff for training and enhancement. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

The air conditioner was working without issue prior to your arrival and when you bought it to our attention, our maintenance personnel tried to get it going but later found that we could not get it repaired without an outside contractor. The air conditioner system was corrected. If I may be of further assistance, please let me know. I can be reached at 649.946.5199 or dgrant@thesandstc.com.

We do hope to have the opportunity to be of service in the future and look forward to having you return.

Derik Grant
Property Manager

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My new husband and I just got back from visiting Turks and Caicos. We chose The Sands based on a recommendation from our wedding coordinator. We were not disappointed at all!

It really is a beautiful hotel. The rooms were very clean and much bigger than we expected. The cleaning staff was wonderful, as well! There were multiple times I had to come back to the room to get items from the room while the staff was cleaning, and they never seemed irritated or inconvenienced. Not to mention, we were not the tidiest of guests, and they never seemed to mind cleaning up the mess. They ran the dishwasher off for us everyday!! Amazing!

The pools were great. After a long day at the beach, it was very nice to relax in the quiet pools.

I know this is considered the off season, so I am not sure if it is always like this, but even when the hotel was "busy" there was still plenty of room on the beach and we generally had at least one pool to ourselves.

Only complaint I have is that many of our wedding guests (we had about 50 total) did have some charge issues to their rooms, and it took a while to get them corrected. All issues were taken care of, however.

Overall, awesome experience! Great hotel and great service!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Darci H
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We came for our Honeymoon and couldn't have asked for anything more. We walked in and found a bottle of champagne and welcome card congratulating us on our recent marriage. The room was awesome and included a private screened-in balcony. The kitchen area came stocked with dishes, flatware, microwave, toaster and mini-fridge. There was also a washer and dryer in the room, unexpected bonus. Everything we needed was there.

The hotel grounds were well thought out and beautifully done. Little walkways wind you around the pools, over the lazy river and lead you to the restaurant. There are flowers and trees everywhere. Very short walk to the beach. Once you're there we had our choice of beach huts? (large wooden umbrellas with a table circling the support pole). There was one day where all the spots were already taken so the beach staff helped us set up our own umbrella closer to the water. Then more staff came and took our drink order (Caicos Mama- best drink ever).

We ate multiple meals at Hemingway's, the restaurant located on property. Very easy to find something you liked and every meal was well done. Awesome daily specials and the drinks were awesome. Staff was very attentive. For nights we dined elsewhere, we called the front desk and they set up all the taxis for us. Anything we needed, all we did was ask. Staff made us feel at home. We will be back!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 2202. The view looks out over the courtyard and we could see the ocean in the back...
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The hotel is low key however the rooms are spacious and clean. The apartments are fully equipped with kitchen and appliances. You can cook a meal and relax on their gorgeous beach. By the way the beach access from this hotel is AMAZING. One of the best beaches on the island. The staff of this hotel is very helpful as well. I recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for second floor rooms if you want some privacy. First floor rooms you can see people walking by...
1  Thank Cleberangelo