My friend and I just stayed there May 13-19th. Having never been or not knowing anyone who's been there I was a really worried about what we might find. It was absolutely gorgeous and peaceful ! We got the garden view studio and thought the made a mistake because the studio actually had a separate large bedroom (with a walk in closet) and the living room had a very comfortable pull out couch as well. The mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker were perfect as we had bought some portable food/water prior to us arriving (we heard everything was so expensive). We still made it out to the IGA and bought some fresh food. Our room was kept clean every day and the hotel grounds were very peaceful, quiet and well kept. Never went into the pool (although we did go into the jacuzzi) as the ocean was too beautiful to pass up. There was always room for us on the beach under the shade and it was beautiful. Saw some of the other hotels and resorts and I still wouldn't trade my stay at the Sands for some of the overpriced resorts. The Island is a peaceful island and gorgeous for diving. The mosquitoes were kind of a problem near our room but it had been raining quite a bit and I think you will get mosquitos in any tropical area. Definitely not the place to go to if you want to party but definitely the place for some real R and R. We ate at Hemingways a couple of times and it was a great experience all around. If you're a budget traveller like my friend and I, I recommend that you walk towards Saltmills shopping center and buy some alcohol at the local wine and spirits store. Pretty great that there's no alcohol tax and we got some good wines for very reasonable prices.
We did not rent a car and managed without one. We chose to walk into town and explore on foot which was sufficient. Not to mention driving on the left side of the road was too confusing for us ! Can't wait for my the next time !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales