We just returned from our second trip to provo. Once in January and just recently the last week in July. Thanks so much to all of the Turks "experts" and to everyone for their reviews as we discovered a lot of helpful tips to make our second trip just that much better.
On our first trip in January we stayed at the Seven Stars. We are a younger couple that are relatively laid-back but definitely appreciate the finer things in life but did not like the hoity toity feel and missed that tropical feeling we were looking for in a provo hotel. This trip we chose the sands because we really enjoyed hemingways last time for breakfast every morning and the screened porches looked inviting. It was a great decision. This hotel is definitely for those looking to relax, enjoy your HUGE screened porch, a very clean, updated room but would not be for someone looking for the very trendy/ miami/ modern/ nightlife scene...for that I would recommend the Gansevoort. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed it as we were just looking for a relaxing, quiet getaway and this hotel was very comfortable. The beaches are the best anywhere and the staff on the beach at the sands are outstanding from digging holes for your umbrellas and chairs to helping not only go get the hobie cat and kayaks but also helping us to learn how to use them. Hemingways is great onsite for breakfast lunch and dinner and is pretty reasonable considering the alternatives. The rooms are very nice...we stayed in an oceanview 3rd floor room in building 2 and it was perfect. The kitchen was a great size and really well equipped. The bed was super comfortable and all of the furniture and accomodations were very nice and well-kept but also very "homey" which was nice. Of course, my favorite part of the room was the screened porch which was huge...but if you go to the oceanfront ones in building 3 wow! you could have a party out there as they're gigantic. We enjoy working out and really just did a lot of walking and running outdoors. The fitness facility at the sands isn't the best i've ever been to as it's in the basement of a builiding but is definitely sufficient with free weights and machines and treadmills and a yoga ball...all you really need for a quick workout especially when you're supposed to be on the beach relaxing!! We really enjoyed staying at the sands and will definitely be back in the future.
In regards to food and where to go, we went to the new grocery the first day which is a little pricey but definitely worth it and appreciate the layout and selection at the new IGA!! We ate breakfast in our room most the time but if you want to venture out we definitely recommend the eggs benedict and french toast at Hemingways. In regards to lunch we love to walk so we tried several spots along grace bay....hemingways fish tacos are incredible, the tuna or chicken cabana wrap at ocean club west hit the spot after a long walk, and the wraps & salads at the palms were amazing. Caicos Cafe inland a little more was also excellent and we heard fabulous things about them for dinner. For dinner we didn't go anywhere outrageously fancy but our favorite spots were Opus, Hemingways, appetizers and mojito martinis at the Lounge at Grace Bay and Baci for a nice, waterside italian meal. We went to Bay Bistro but our service was not very good and it kind of ruined the experience. We wanted to go to Coco Bistro, Parallel and O'Soleil but never made it....definitely will on our next trip. I love the romantic atmosphere at Grace Bay but for a different feel one of our favorite spots was "Somewhere on the Beach"...the mexican food was fabulous and something different as you start to want something else other than the same fish/steak menus. The staff there is incredibly nice and fun and the atmosphere/view is hard to beat...definitley more casual but in a refreshing way.
A couple of things I would highly recommend that we learned from the provo discussion boards is to definitely go to Rumeurs for your jewelry gifts as it's all authentic jewelry (lots made of beautiful shells) and island wear without being cheesy like some of the other shops. I purchased several things for our female family members and they were all a big hit and really beautiful. I also highly recommend the Palms for a massage...both my husband and I went there the last day and it was the best massage I've ever had! I wish we had booked a massage there more than once during our stay and plan on doing so in the future!! I definitely recommend going to the grocery store and stocking up on your favorites but don't forget the styrofoam cups for morning and evening beverages for your walk on the beach, lots of bottled water, and also if you have a soft cooler bag from home that came in handy!
I highly recommend this island and hotel and can't wait to go back!! Enjoy!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- The Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales