My wife and I along with another couple spent a week at the Sands in May of this year. This was our third trip to the Turks and Caicos and we have stayed at the Sands all three times. This time we rented a three bedroom beach front condo on the third floor and it was spectacular. The wraparound porch was huge and there was plenty of room for all of us. The 180 degree views from the porch were spectacular both during the day and at night.. If you look at my pictures you will see a view from out screen porch and a sunset.
We traveled to the local grocery store to stock up on food so that we wouldn't have to eat out every night. If you want to save money, that is the way to go. Now, they have a new grocery store that is within walking distance of the Sands and is every bit as modern and well stocked as any grocery store in the states. After a morning walk we stopped by the new store and had a coffee and a pastry. We did eat out a few times and I would recommend that you don't miss the Wed rib special at the Tiki Hut. It is great and the ambience is wonderful. We also ate at Calico Jacks and would recommend them for pizza.
The only negative that I would mention is the unwillingness of the reservation staff to work with you when you asked for a specific room. We stayed at the Sands last year and at the conclusion of our trip we discussed with the on-site staff about the possibility of reserving the ocean front third-floor condo for the following year. They all assured us that if the owner was not coming during the time we were there it would not be a problem. Several months later we made a reservation but when we requested the third-floor condo we were told that they could not ensure we would get it since the owners have up to 60 days in advance to notify the Sands that they were coming and not to reserve the condo. We understood and waited until 50 days before we were to arrive to contact the resort again to ask for the third-floor condo; however, again they would not guarantee us that room. Our concern is that someone else would show up the day before we arrived and would be given the condo we had been trying to reserve for months. The rental management office is VERY INFLEXIBLE and if we had know of the hassle they were going to give use when the on-staff management staff assured us that reserving the room would not be a problem we might have looked elsewhere. As it turned out we did get the condo but not without some stress.
The on-site staff are very friendly and helpful. The day we arrived our air-conditioning went out and they immediately had a staff member work on it and got it going. Unfortunately, it went out again and they had to bring an off-island technician in to repair it. He arrived the next day and they relocated us to a different condo for the night that did have air-conditioning. I thought the staff handled the situation very well and made sure that our needs were met.
The husbands in our group are scuba divers and we did a week and dived with Caicos Adventures. If you dive I would highly recommend this outfit. They pick you up in the morning and you return from diving between 2 and 3 in the afternoon. Their boats are spacious with plenty of room for the divers. They are a great company to dive with. I put a few of my pics up with the hope that you will enjoy them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- The Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales