My fiancee and I stayed here for a week in July 2011. La Vista Azul is a brand new condo-style resort in the Turtle Cove area of T&C. The resort is brand new and it shows, everything from the grounds to the rooms are new and immaculate. We stayed in a courtyard view studio, the room was plenty big and had a full kitchen and washer/dryer in the unit as well as a spacious bathroom and a flat screen TV. The only thing i would have done different was to spring for the ocean view room because while there always was a breeze outside, our balcony was always hot and humid. Also the wireless internet did not work in our room or on our balcony which was really annoying. They give you a local cell phone with pre-paid minutes on it which was very convenient to use to make dinner reservations and you are also allowed to use the office phone to make calls to the US whenever you want.
The only strange thing about the resort is that it was SO quiet. There were points where it felt almost eerily desolate and we felt like we were the only people staying there. You rarely see other guests walking around and we almost never saw people upstairs and the pools or the jacuzzis. At first I thought this was really weird, but when we visited other resorts we learned that they too didn't have alot of activity around the resort. (Very different from let's say, the Bahamas.)
Also, RENT A CAR! It was seriously the best $240.00 we spent on the trip. We were able to get to and from the airport with ease, we took a trip to the local supermarket to stock up on food for the room so we never had to eat out for breakfast or lunch, and it was so nice to be able to drive into Grace Bay every day to use the beach rather than pay for cabs. Driving on the left side of the road freaked my fiancee out a bit, but once you do it it's not that bad. There's not alot of traffic on the roads and Grace Bay is literally a 5-10 minute drive at most.
Next, the beach. We were not impressed with the local beach. There was alot of seaweed on the beach, the beach was very small, and the water was very rough. Instead, we drove into Grace Bay every day and went to the beach there and nobody at any of the other resorts ever gave us a problem about being on their beach or using their chairs or umbrellas.
FOOD!!! So many good options within walking distance of the restaurant. Sharkbite was our favorite - we went back twice and both times we had the blackened grouper sandwich (seriously amazing) and the almond-crusted grouper in a coconut curry sauce. We loved it there. Tiki Hut was also good but more pricey and not as delicious as the Sharkbite. Baci was very good-sized NY quality Italian food and we enjoyed our meal there as well. We also ate at Somewhere and Hemingway's in Grace Bay and Hemingway's was by far our favorite meal of the trip. The food was amazing, the service was the friendliest we had seen on the island, and the sunset views at night were simply breathtaking!
Lastly, the island seriously lacks in nightlife. The only "fun" nighttime activity we were able to find was an adult comedy show at the Havana Club at the Windsong resort and it was lame. There were seriously 12 people in the audience on a Friday night and the drinks were VERY expensive. I wish we had skipped it and instead spent the night up in the jacuzzi.
Long story short, if I was to visit T&C again I would definitely go back to La Vista Azul and I highly recommend it for your stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled seventy feet above sea level with spectacular views of the sparkling turquoise Caribbean sea, La Vista Azul Resort is the Turks and Caicos Islands newest four plus star resort. La Vista Azul overlooks the north coast of Providenciales, also affectionately known as Provo:an island destination that features some of the world's best beaches, fishing, restaurants, spas, water sports activities, and home of the world's third largest reef system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your La Vista Azul Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Vista Azul Hotel Providenciales
- La Vista Azul Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales