We stayed at La Vista Azul (LVA) during August 12th to 17th. Ths staff welcomed us in a warm manner and made us feel like home. They were very kind and booked all the excursions for us; answered all the questions from us. We stayed at 5-303 (Ocenview). Initially, our room was the courtyard view; however, we upgraded with $22 per night, it was totally worth it! The view from the room was beautifl and relaxing. The balcony has comfortable chairs and la chaise; they were perfect for early mornings and nights to relax. Our room was studio (we are newyorkers) so it was actually just a perfect size for us. We also liked there were washer/dryer in the room. We cleaned all of our clothes before we came home, so pack light! The pools were nice. One is for adults only and the other one is for everyone. Many times, we were the only people at the pool. Overall, we truly enjoyed our visit and stay at LVA. Here is our recommendations for you:
-Beach: 4-7min walk to the beach and it is beautiful! There are many hotels on Grace beach area, but where LVA is there is usually no one around you. We prefered this way anyway.
-Food:Restaurants in walking distance- We loved the Sharkbite. Tiki Hut was also good, Magnolia has good reviews but we couldn't make it there. There are some magazines at the hotel reception and in the magazine, there is a buy one get one free rum punch coupon @ the Sharkbite. Supermarket is a bit far away from the hotel, but there is 2 small convenience stores at LVA. You can buy pretty much anything you would need during your stay unless you are willing to cook at LVA. We brought packaged oatmeals and cereal bars with us and just bought cheese, crackers and some fruits at the supermarket. We ate out pretty much everyday for lunch and dinner. Food prices are not too bad considering everything has to be brought in, but be ready to spend some $ if you want to try everything.
-Cab vs. Rent a car? : Cab rides are quite expensive. We went Yoshis Sushi restaurant (this place is also pretty good. ) at Salt Mill and it was $18 for 2 people one way. LVA also has a few car rentals, but reserved quickly. We did some excursions and the staff came and pick us up from LVA. we love to walk, so we learned our way around by walking. We didn't rent a car this time, but next time we probably would because we would like to go to different areas of the island. If you are staying just around the hotel, I think you are okay without a car.
-Excursions: We did snorkeling tour (1/2 day) by Island Snorkeling Adventure. The captain and crews were fun and kind. We went to 2 coral reefs (one was 1960's recked ship coral reef, very cool) and conch diving. They provided drinks, conch salad (from the conch you dive to get) and boat was comfortable.
We also did "Glow Worm Tour" by Silver Deep. this is a limited tour because glow worms mating rituals happens only during 3-6 days after full moon. The captain and crews were again very nice and fun. They provided snacks (pizza, fruits, drinks etc) If you are staying in TCI around full moon, you should try it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled seventy feet above sea level with spectacular views of the sparkling turquoise Caribbean sea, La Vista Azul Resort is the Turks and Caicos Islands newest four plus star resort. La Vista Azul overlooks the north coast of Providenciales, also affectionately known as Provo:an island destination that features some of the world's best beaches, fishing, restaurants, spas, water sports activities, and home of the world's third largest reef system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your La Vista Azul Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Vista Azul Hotel Providenciales
- La Vista Azul Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales