“Excellent service following unexpected stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Vista Azul Resort

La Vista Azul Resort
Ranked #36 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Kent
“Excellent service following unexpected stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

We were put up in the La Vista Azul following our flight cancellation.

It is a condo property with nice spacious accommodations but what really made it stand out was the excellent service we received from the staff. There isn't a restaurant on site but they made arrangements for us with local restaurants that would accept our meal vouchers provided by the airline. They also allowed me access to a telephone and laptop to try and sort out new flights home. I spent over 2 hours in their reception area and was never made to feel a nuisance. On top of this they allowed us a late check out at no charge.

My husband and daughter made use of one of the swimming pools and the views from the pool areas are spectacular.

I lost the people we were stranded with when we got to Miami and were connecting to different flights. If any of you are reading this I hope you all got home safely sorry we didn;t say goodbye. Please message me and let me know how you get on. Debbie :)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank ddriverKent

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

Just got back from a quick trip to one of my favorite islands in the Caribbean. The last time I was in Turks and Caicos we stayed at Beaches and while that was a phenomenal trip this time around, I was looking for something a little quieter. I found this hotel on a whim and was very happy with my choice. Being that it was such a last minute trip, I had only booked 2 days out of the four that I was going to stay but after checking in I quickly decided to extend my stay at La Vista until I left.

Overall it is a well appointed property with pools and hot tubs scattered around the upper parts of the hotel. There are no elevators so if you do not like walking up them or have trouble with steps you may want to consider somewhere else. The location is right off of the beach and is about a 5 minute walk to it. On the plus side, I never had to cab it to anywhere other than the airport as some of T&C's best restaurant's are all within a 5 - 10 minute walk.

This hotel is immaculate and the rooms are cleaned twice per day. On my way out of LA I had a bottle of rum explode in my suitcase and had do some last minute laundry in Miami before heading to Turks. Upon arrival I found that the room had it's own washer and dryer. Since many of my clothes were still damp I used the dryer and upon returning to my room later in the evening I found my clothes dry and folded on the bed.

The people working at the hotel are very nice and you get a cell phone upon check in because they do not have phones in the room. You only get a couple dollars worth of free calls on the island but can call the front desk at anytime regardless of how much $ is on the phone.

I had a studio oceanview and couldn't have been any happier with the service or amenities. If you're looking for a quite place to relax, this is a perfect hotel. The island is amazing as are the people who live there. Go and check out this island and hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor ocean view room.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Jonathan A
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

We had plane tickets to Provo between Christmas and New Year's to stay at a house that became unavailable. The places we knew about were 100% booked (or inordinately expensive), so we started a search and found La Vista Azul. Our perspective was that as long as it was clean and safe, we would be fine. It was so much more than just safe and clean. The views were spectacular. The service was very accommodating. There was free wi-fi in our room (it isn't in every room, so ask). They gave us a local cell phone to use while there. Some reviewers complained about the stairs (there are no elevators), but we did not mind one bit. The view and the pools/hot tubs were all up there (plus we appreciated the exercise). Because beaches in Provo are all public, there's no issue with going to find your favorite spot (and we had no issue not staying on the beach, especially given the price point). This will be THE place we will likely stay anytime we go and don't stay in a house/villa going forward. (Obviously, we like Provo, so highly recommend it in general.) Enjoy!

Room Tip: I assume all the rooms have a view, but the higher the better if you don't mind the stairs. Ask...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank mckenzies4
Rowland Heights, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights during March in an upper one-bedroom unit. The rooms were large with an awesome view from the balcony. The pool looked very inviting, but I was busy with work. The rooms were very clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. The television was difficult to operate, but it had lots of channels. The free Internet was very handy as with the small gym. There are no restaurant on site, but there is a small convenient store on the first floor with a surprisingly large selection of liquor, including some pretty nice wine. There are decent restaurants within the Turtle Cove that you can easily walk to. The beach is a mere five-minute walk as well. I would recommend this place if you want to get away from Grace Bay. A rental car would be nice if you like to get away from Turtle Cove. We used taxis (it's actually a large van) to get around, but it's less economical than your own rental car.

Room Tip: Upper level rooms have a great view.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BigFishDiveClub
Clarkson, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

This condominium resort is so peaceful with just enough amenities to cater to your vacay needs. The entire island of Provo is a must to explore, and coming home to Azul everyday, makes you feel like its really your home away from home. The staff is friendly and the grounds are spotless.
The pool is the perfect cool down after laying out on the sun deck. The hot tub is also a relaxing warm up on breezier, chillier nights.
The jr. one bedroom suite was plenty of space for 2 couples. The pullout couch wasn't the most comfortable for our friends, but setting the mattress on the floor atop the cushions made for a super cozy slumber party!

The kitchen is equipped with enough to cook basic meals. A BBQ is also available for use just 8 steps above in the pool area, fully equipped with grilling utensils. We used it almost everyday.

Literally a 6 minute walk away is an amazing beach where you can do some crazy snorkelling without the cost of excursions. You can see plenty of fish and other amazing things. You might also see the horseback riders on the beach some times.
Just a 4 minute walk are some great restaurants along the marina. Green Bean Cafe has yummy to go bites as well as snorkel gear for rent. There is also the Bliss Lounge downstairs in the garden of Azul where you can get sandwiches until 2:30 am if you're really hungry.
A car rental is a must on the island so you can see the many secluded beaches that are breathtakingly clear. Taylor Bay, Leeward Beach and Malcolm Beach are gorgeous to name a few.
Great restaurants in Grace Bay are about an 8 minute drive. Lemon Cafe has a unique ambiance for a dinner setting with delicious Mediterranean dishes that are yummy to the max. The anti pesto platter and grouper fritters are ideal to share, but who wants to share? the chicken kabobs are really good as well. Oh and the dirty lemonade and strawberry mojitos are beyond refreshing!
For casual beach side dining, I suggest "Somewhere..On the Beach" Cafe that is located inside Coral Gardens. They have amazing fish tacos and pulled pork tacos, and you can eat overlooking the the ocean.

Liquor was the cheapest in town Grace Bay in a little wine and spirits shop across from the ice cream place. Make sure you stop by Lemon 2 Go across from Salt Mills Plaza. They have THE BEST coffee on the island. Not only it tastes good, but it looks good! complete with a work of art on top. The barista is amazing and a talented artist. It does cost a couple bucks more than Starbucks prices but worth every sip.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank MOnique G
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

My partner and I stayed here for a week and we loved it. We stayed in Suite 5306 which was a corner unit with the most beautiful view of the ocean. We really liked that the common amenities (swimming pool, jacuzzi, and BBQ) are just one flight of stairs above this suite as we visited the pool and used the BBQ almost every day. When we weren't in the pool, we were at the beach which is just a 5-minute walk from here. The beach is spectacular! It's super clear and it's perfect for snorkeling, we even saw a stingray once.
There are a couple of restaurants here but we did not get a chance to visit them as we cooked our food almost everyday. The place comes with a fully equipped kitchen which is great because eating out can be pricey.
I really have nothing negative to say about this place and would recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing and beautiful place to stay in Provo.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cach33_13
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

The condominium resort is stunning, Caesar, Chanay, Adella and Codi staff at the La Vista Azul are very nice and helpful. My wife, me and 2 friends stayed at the building 5 unit 306, corner unit with a huge terrace and 1000 square feet of covered space, we felt very comfortable. Travertine tiles throughout, clean, all furniture seemed new, everything was there for any kind of cooking in teh kitchen. Granite counter tops kitchen and bathroom the list goes on, way too much to mention, bottom line the room was perfect, the pull out bed in the couch could use a better matress or a foam on the top but for kids its perfect not so much for adults weight. 2 big swimming pools, 2 hot tubs, bbq, gym. As to the beautiful beach you can see or hear when big waves are smashing against the corral barrier around the island is Amazing !! Its only 4 mins away walking but you will need to go down about 25 stairs before you reach the bottom or go around on the road. The stairs in between building are much easier and safer I would suggest to use those.
Turks and Caicos Islands are not a cheap place to visit, but this resort is so inexpesive comparing to other resorts in Grace Bay. At 209 per night best deal on the Island at La Vista Azul. Suggestions: explore the Island (s) ! rent a jeep if off roading ( Rent a Buggy good price, 7th day is free) ! be careful when renting a scooter, especially at night. IGA has a great selection of roasted chicken, fried chicken, pizza, vegetarian meals etc. Few places you should visit is Lemone cafe on Friday or Saturday night call to reserve seat, John and Christina are amazing !! Lemon to go, great lunch and coffee, Sam is an artist with coffee, Shark bite, Baci, Green bean, are next to La Vista Azul 4 mins away. Bliss lounge has sandwiches until 2:30 am downstairs they're pretty good, and brand new Black Flamingo both of them are on premises.
One last thing wanna mention is a 24HR security person on the premises making sure everyone is OK I really enjoy that please say hi to the guy.
hope you enjoy this amazing resort and Island you will not wanna go home.

Room Tip: Ask for 5306 corner unit, large unit and very close to the pool only 10 steps without all the noise...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends