“Great cost efficient, relaxing, newer property”

La Vista Azul Resort
Ranked #35 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I booked last minute in an ocean view studio. I would book this property again for the initial cost alone.... at least $700 a night less than anything else available at the time. It had a full kitchen so I was able to hit the grocery store and save even more money by not needing to eat out every meal. Its a condo complex, not a resort...
This property is newer and well maintained. The pool areas are clean and relaxing....however the hot tub never had water in it and we were there for 4 nights.
The rooms were clean and quite large with great cold air conditioning. The showers had some mold in the corners but nothing too gross... over all the place was well cared for.
They have flat screen tvs with cable in the rooms.
The location is ten minutes walk to Smiths Reef and some of the best snorkeling you will do anywhere in the world without a boat. Its away from Grace Bay and the large resorts which is nice. Some mornings we were alone in the water which was amazing!
The WiFi worked most great most of the time but was spotty in places.
The staff was very friendly for the most part. We did have a small snafu at check in which was not handled very professionally but we got it resolved and I wont fault the property as a whole.
I would recommend this property as a great alternative to the more expensive all inclusive resorts. Be prepared to walk up and down a good amount of stairs on your stay here...its good for you.

Room Tip: Buildings 2 and 3 overlook the pool area and the ocean. They are at the top of the property...lots o...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank cubcaptain

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Like the curate's egg,this apartment is good in parts........

I stayed in a studio apartment (5104) which was on the first floor overlooking the car park and offices.The advert shows a beautiful view of the sea,which presumably was taken from the pool area so don't be deceived.

The room itself was quite dark and the terrace not particularly inspiring to sit on,but it was spacious,clean and in good decorative order.However,it had two queen beds in it but nowhere to sit and relax watching tv.(a good flats screen).You have to sit on the bed.

The kitchen area and bathroom were a good size,and cooker,fridge/freezer,dishwasher etc were in good order,but the kitchen was very poorly equipped.Only one very old saucepan with no lid,and a frying pan which was in such bad condition that the coating came off on the food.

Steve,the manager,who did his best and is very pleasant,still took two days to replace the frying pan so I had to eat out .The kitchen utensils,plates ,dishes etc need to be completely upgraded,and since the property is only really suitable for a couple,one of the beds should be replaced with a sofa bed for more flexibility and to provide a seating area.

There are two pools in a very pleasant location.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor,and don't be deceived by photo.Check layout. Also,if you book through the...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank padysan
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Just returned (February1,2014) from a week at La Vista Azul and loved it! This condominium complex is great for those seeking a quiet, peaceful escape. We had a one-bedroom unit with a gorgeous view of the uniquely-coloured water around Providenciales. For me, the location of the unit was great. It was away from the all-inclusives that stretch along Grace Bay but you could walk to that area along the beach if you wanted to do so. The beach widens the further along you walk toward Grace Bay and the all-inclusives.
The complex is not situated directly on the beach but to get there you come out the front of the complex, walk about two minutes to the public beach access. The path is then about another two minutes. You can borrow beach chairs and snorkel gear from La Vista Azul...free of charge. I did snorkel twice. Once directly in front of the beach access and again down by the all-inclusives at Coral Gardens where there is a section of the reef that is cordoned off with buoys to keep you close to the reef for viewing. However, I was more impressed with the snorkelling I did last year in Roatan. The complex will also loan you cell phones so you can keep in contact with others in your party or call for dinner reservations. The main office will also do this for you if you desire.
This complex has beautiful grounds. The garden caretakers do a wonderful job. The pool area on the rooftops of the lower buildings are pristine and practically deserted. Most often we had the pool completely to ourselves! The complex is basically a reflection of itself with a pool on each side, however one pool is heated and has a shallow end while the other is neither.
The unit itself was very modern and clean withlots of storage and has an oversized deck with a covered area and lounging furniture. Loved all the travertine tile in our unit. Only negative things I could think of would be that the sofa bed mattress was very uncomfortable and we actually put the duvet on it and slept on top of it, my elderly parents used the queen size bed and found it very comfortable. The second negative was the lack of kitchen utensils...no can opener and very few utensils but, most importantly, there was a corkscrew! Having a washer and dryer in the unit itself was great! Our maid, Fanny, was very lovely and also quite informative as to where on the island we should go and how to get there as the signage in general on Providenciales could be improved upon.
The complex was very close to a great cafe..The Green Bean...a definite place to frequent. We tried a few restaurants that were within walking distance and Magnolia was our favorite.
I would definitely return to this condo complex without a second thought. A few things to consider that may or may not impact your choice to visit...there are a lot of steps as the resort is built into a hillside, thus the wonderful view. I loved that as it was much-needed exercise whereas my mother found them a bit difficult. If you there to party, stay elsewhere as this complex is home for many of the condo owners and this is a place to relax.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank quietbeachgirl
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Clean, beautiful apartment rental space. excellent service and housekeeping,2 beautiful well kept pools and hot tub, ample garage space and parking, washer dryers in apartment as well as full kitchen with all amenities. climate controlled and air conditioned. Perfect ocean view, reasonably priced. Nice beaches within walking distance and all marina watersports, tours close by at turtle cove marina. Best breakfast spot on the whole island directly across the street from the main office and a great bar run by lovely folks on the complex property as well as a superb gym facility. CLose to the airport, safe, quiet. Highly reccommended.

Room Tip: Ocean view room is the one.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Erik W
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We just came back from our stay at this hotel, I have to say it exceeded our expectations. We had an ocean view room,gorgeous view, very clean and spacious. 5 Min. walk to a very very private beach. We saw only a few people the whole entire stay which we really wanted.The staff are also very pleasant and helpful. We will definitely stay there again.Hopefully the service stays the same .

Room Tip: Choose ocean view rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 0e001fd7
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I rented through a owner on VRBO and the condo was nice. It has a kitchen set up with a stove, oven, microwave, dishwasher and full size fridge and freezer. It also has a washer and dryer which was nice knowing before hand so I could pack light on the clothes. I just bought small packets of Tide in the travel section at Target. As I am sure you have read Turks and Caicos is an expensive island. What I did was pack a thermal bag full of food that I had frozen before I left. I left for the airport at 2:30 am and got to the resort at 4:30pm and the food was all still cold. I also went to the grocery store here and got some things that would have been heavy to put in luggage. Saves a lot of money if you are on a budget or just don't want to spend a small fortune on food. In walking distant are some great places to eat. Tiki Hut was my favorite. The beach was about a 10 minute walk and I thought the area by the resort was better than Grace Bay cause it wasn't crowded. One day I walked all the way down to The Coral House which is way past Club Med. This took me about 3-4 hours roundtrip. I wish I had brought water but whenever I got warm I just took a dip in the ocean. It was fun to see the whole Grace Bay Area. I thought the restaurant Somewhere was a doable walk from the resort for lunch. The resort has 2 pools which are very nice and cold but they were installing a pool heater while I was here so that should help with that problem. Also the hot tubs didn't work so that was disappointing. Don't stay here if you hate stairs. Also rent a car I regret not renting a car I missed out on seeing so much of the island. I took Majestic Taxi service from the airport to here and the service was wonderful and I felt the price was fair. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank hest0405
Reviewed 11 November 2013

we stayed here for our honeymoon. we were looking for somewhere nice that wouldn't break the budget. we booked on Priceline with our airfare to be included....amazing price!
arrived at resort, it's a must to have a car or get a taxi; but, in all reality, you can rent a car almost as cheap as taking a taxi. This hotel is very close to the airport, NOT walking distance though! a taxi fare to the hotel was around $16. However, once there, you can walk to Scooter Bobs, a car and bike rental place. They are very competitive on their rentals, HIGHLY recommended!
Groceries are amazingly high! Be prepared!!
The beach was about a 10 minute walk, and OH LORD it's so HOT!! However, the breeze is always blowing. I think the most amazing aspect of the trip, was that we had the beach almost all to ourselves. You can see the big resorts with their crowded beaches from there, but not very many people near you. We actually didn't have anyone near us every time we went down. The hotel offered chairs and snorkel gear...which the reef is like 10 feet off shoreline! That was truly amazing!
Great place to stay and GET AWAY!

Room Tip: get one near the pool!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple