Point Grace
The Somerset on Grace Bay(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$968
US$700
Gansevoort Turks + Caicos(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$672
Royal West Indies Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$503
US$445
The Sands at Grace Bay(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$683
Ocean Club Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$346
Orbitz.com
Grace Bay Club(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$1,120
US$747
Le Vele Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$578
US$562
Seven Stars Resort & Spa(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$851
West Bay Club(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$976
The Tuscany(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$946
US$918
Orbitz.com
All reviewssorbetcottage suitethe cottagesfruit skewersatlantic suiteclaw foot tubpool barhardwood floorsice bucketother resortsboutique hotelquiet zonefull kitchendinner restaurantcomplimentary continental breakfastpool sideparty scene
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I loved Turks and Caicos. The beach was amazing, the water was unreal! The property and location of Point Grace were perfect. Our accommodations were interesting. We had plenty of room and the space was great. The furnishings were dated and need to be updated. I never felt comfortable sitting on the sofas without a towel down as they looked filthy. I was informed that each condo is individually owned. The person(s) that own E102 really need to update and clean the place up. I believe it was for sale.

Room Tip: Do not pick room E102.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
4  Thank Boppy12
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Overall my family had a lovely and relaxing vacation. Grace Bay is a stunning beach and the Point Grace resort is intimate and quiet. There were high points and low points.

Pros:
Point Grace beach is stunning. White sand and turquoise water to die for. It's named appropriately and located on a quiet stretch of the beach on a point. It felt exclusive when we were at the beach because there is adequate distance between Point Grace and the other larger hotels. My husband enjoyed sailing from the beach. The two bedroom suite was just the right size and very comfortable. Our 2nd floor Ocean View room had a gorgeous view of the beach with palm trees waving in the wind. It was very nice to leave our patio door open when we were in the hotel room and enjoy the breeze blowing through. The hotel is within walking distance to nice restaurants both on the beach and in town. We all enjoyed lovely massages at the spa, perfect little huts with views of the ocean and breezes blowing through. The staff and islanders we interacted with were quite lovely, welcoming and nice. We went scuba diving as a family with Ocean Vibes and had a positive experience. They are a professional outfit (critical with kids). We had fun venturing out in our rental car across the island to see other beaches and try local spots for lunch.There is a fabulous local coffee shop and ice cream within walking distance called Lemon2GoCoffee and Island Ice Cream. Overall, I would recommend Turks & Caicos as a vacation spot. It was friendly, easy, and beautiful beaches.

Cons:
We went to Point Grace during low season, and the service was definitely "low"! Like other reviews I've seen posted here, it appears the management is saving money by hiring as few employees as possible during low season. There was one person servicing both the pool and the beach, which of course is unreasonable. One time when I came down to the pool, I asked where I could find a towel and the bartender, who was sitting in a chair next to a lunch table, pointed to a laundry bag of towels where he clearly expected me to go fetch it for myself (while he continued to relax). I did. Then I asked him for water. He told me I had to walk down the boardwalk to the beach to fetch a cold water. I did. We left messages for the staff regarding airport pickups that were not received. Housekeeping was friendly and cleaning was ok. In general, this was not the type of service I expected from a "top rated boutique hotel" that has won awards. Being self-sufficient, we put up with it. But I had hoped for more given the awards and what we were paying.

The food at the hotel (lunch) was outrageously expensive and so so. Breakfasts, which are included each morning, are nothing special and we started going out instead.

We were surprised at the trash on the island around the resort. We alwasy get "off property" when we travel so we can see how the locals live, try local restaurants, and get a sense for the island. Given how gorgeous the beaches are, it's such a shame to see the island spoiled with so much trash along the roadsides.

The one downside of our beach at Point Grace was that although it was stunning, we could hardly swim out more than 20 yards without fear of getting run over by a speed boat pulling tourists on inflated rafts. The boats were zooming past all day. This made it impossible for us to go snorkeling out far enough to actually see anything besides white sand. This was a big negative for our family as we like to snorkel.

Although we prefer quiet, it almost felt too quiet. There were "keep quiet" signs all around the pool so I felt my kids (who are both over 12) couldn't make a peep so that was uncomfortable.

We've traveled many places (Fiji, Hawaii, Mexico, Caribbean) and I would say this was a successful trip and lovely beach, but I would try something different next time around.

Room Tip: 2nd floor Ocean View has great views of the beach
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank EatTravelFun
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Oh wow, I'm struggling with this rating. And have to say it's the first review I've taken the time to write, but the experience warrants it. Point Grace is so very beautiful -- the architecture, the landscaping, and of course Mother Nature which it can't take credit for. My family of four (included 17 and 20 year-old) stayed for a week in the first floor oceanfront cottage and the convenience of the location to the pool and the beach was perfect. The kitchen was equipped with nice appliances, but the very bare minimum and not well-thought-out basics minus dish towels, hot pads for oven/stove, can opener, etc.). But we improvised (including a stint testing out those infomercial-famous Ginsu knives' ability to cut through canned goods!) and made do when we cooked a few dinners. A nice break from the very expensive meals out.

But the overwhelming reason for the poor rating was the service. We have rarely felt so uncomfortable as we did here. The staff definitely exudes the old (butchered) adage "Guests are like fish, both stink after a few days." But in this case, it was from the first few hours. I knew we weren't visiting in high season, but I couldn't figure out why the resort was so empty and quiet, when a mile down the beach in either direction was much different. Normally a good thing, but now I suspect why. The majority of the staff ranged from shockingly indifferent to rude, when they were around, which was not very often. Very sad. So much more to write, but I'm tired of thinking about it. Lesson learned - never again think that I know better than my travel agent, who really tried to get us to stay at Grace Bay Club for their incredible service and ambience. In Point Grace's defense - really, there isn't any - but we did experience on several occasions off resort this type of attitude. And no, I promise it's not us. We're respectful, friendly, non-PITAs. Interesting side notes: on our way to the airport to depart, our taxi driver mentioned the protestors outside of Beaches were there because Beaches management brought in a majority of employees from Jamaica vs. tapping island residents for the staff. And one of our excursion hosts told us to take our expectations of good service and lower it a bit - that people were generally friendly, but not known for overly warm service. I can appreciate how hard it is to share your home of incredible beauty, yet be beholden to the economic power with what I'm sure are a great number of boorish people. It's a dilemma.

The most spectacular parts of the trip: a private snorkeling/diving charter with Flamingo Divers. Jayne and Mickey are outstanding hosts and guides and we would go anywhere with them; horseback riding with Caicos Corral - no nose to tail here - ride according to skill and charming guide; kayaking with Chino and Big Blue Unlimited - a very professional outfit. Excellent meals at Mango Reef (shout out to Clarence for friendly, warm service), Somewhere, Grace Cottage, Coco Bistro.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Vi9092
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

This was my first time visiting Turks. My husband and went for our honeymoon for one week. He found a super deal on luxury link per the recommendations on this site. I'm a global marketing director and I travel extensively for work to every corner of the world. I can tell you that this was one of the worst for service. Typical a property might have one department with an issue but this stems from Beverly, the property manager all the way to the pool staff.

The Pros:
-The location was great and near the grocery store, Avis car rental, lots of shops and centrally located.
-The package from luxurylink was good. Lots of extras thrown in. Don't book from the hotel website.
-the property's layout has a lot of potential.

The Cons:
-Room cleanliness is ridiculous and deplorable. We too had a dehumidifier which we had to empty twice daily even with the AC on 69 degrees. The room smelled of mildew the second we walked in. The last giving the tour said no its no issue. I also pointed out the dust that had accumulated on the the furniture (raffia sofa), the ceiling fans, the armoire, the bed frame, etc. I am extremely allergic to dust and mold and I asked that the room be cleaned properly. She said she would send someone right away to take the rug out and clean. The shower was appalling. There was black mold in it. I absolutely wouldn't allow my husband to get in and we immediately went to the store to get Tilex and bleach. It was obvious to me that the cleaning crew had dusted floors, changed linens, took the trash out and that was the extent of their service. We called twice daily for the next four days trying to get the correct cleaning lady to show up that had a vacuum and could clean properly. Everytime we call, it was one excuse or the other. We don't have anyone yet that can clean or dust. We don't have anyone that can take the rug yet. The cleaning manager even promised us and nothing for literally 4 days. I bombed the shower for four days which finally started clearing the mold. They have a real cleanliness issue. The fact that others have commented shows me that they are at least consistent with their lack of cleanliness. I say only on a towel on the sofa and wouldn't let my back or arms touch anything as I would break out in hives from the dust mites. I laid in bed most days be sue this was the cleanest area with the exception of the huge dust bunnies that clung to he top of the canopy. When you bumped the bed frame they landed on the clean sheets...so disgusting. I wanted to take refuge on the patio but didnt once get to lay out on our chairs because stray kittens had already taken up residence. The staff saw them sitting on the loungers and sofa on our patio and they did nothing to rectify the situation. The beach front units was horrible as well. They had tons of tall grasses that had been unattended. I would have been so upset because I'm quite sure it blocked their view. I wouldn't pay a dollar more. We had a pool view and that was perfect. The grounds need attention. There are several wires sticking out of the ground, several lights burned out in the walkways, and other overground areas. The grounds keeper needs to be replaced as well

The room decore was dated. We could plug our laptop in, no HDMI, no lay screen. Old tube TV. They did attempt surround sound so I will give then credit for that. The Internet was out several times a day though. The rooms were large. Brownie points for the stackable washer and dryer. The frig was good size and they had a dishwasher. Again, the decor needs a facelift and this would help immensely. There was a DVD player and you could rent movies from the front. All of the cases were sun bleached from the years they sat on the shelf. 1992 type movies - goodies anyone? The hotel operator many times didnt pick up the phone, or the phone was out or you couldn't get connected to the spa or room service. The switch boards had problems. Of course it was their lack of service.

The food. The pool bar selection because boring as did breakfast day after day. We ventured off to other hotels for a change of scenery and selection. The dinners were quite good. Although anything with conch was an unusual preparation and the consistency wasn't the greatest. Happy hour was lazy hour. I will get to that later.

The service was the poorest I've ever seen. Why do I say that...because every single person had an excuse or sense of laziness with the exception of the spa. The pool attendant. He didnt attend anything. He slept on a lounger most days. I am completely serious. He was sleeping in the shade. True not too many people were at the bar because there was only 4 other couple on the property Memorial Day week. But my goodnes, wouldn't you be ashamed? Shouldn't the manager say anything? Nope. Business as usual. My husband everyday had to go seek him out to get a be weave or lunch. Not once did anyone approach us to take an order and we had to search for them with equal vigor if we needed a napkin or the bill or anything. Down by the beach, we asked for towels, the same guy pointed and said they are up there. This is when I snapped. I told my husband to stay right there and explained this is this man's job to go get then for us. We were the customers and not the other way around. He reluctantly went to get then. There was literally only one other couple on our private beach, so there was absolutely no reason for this man to act like it was self service. He was simply lazy. He must be family of the owner because I couldn't fathem the energy it must have taken to even apply to the job. Room service was usual fine but one day we waited over three hours for lunch. Again this isn't an exaggeration. We called twice and they said oh we made a mistake. We had ordered chicken fingers and a salad. What couldn't you possibly screw up. We asked to speak to the room service manager, and it still took her another hour. I placed my order at 12:30 and got it at 4:39pm. The salad order was wrong. She just mixed two salads together. Yuck.

When we checked out I asked to speak to Beverly the hotel manager. We met her at check in. She said she had been off property for vacation since it just changed to low season and that's why she didnt call us back. Even though we had left several messages throughout the week. She seemed appalled when I handed her the feedback form. She quickly responded and said I will email you with compensation. She apologized profusely about the issue. We even joked that maybe the staff took advantage because she was out. NOPE. Guess again. They must have been launching at me because I never heard from her again. It's been two weeks and no contact from her. I sent an email today. I will update this review if she even cares to respond. My husband and I cleaned our own room and went to other properties for meals. I had to sit on a towel in my own room all week and couldn't use the patio because of stray cats. I was confined to the clean linens on the bed.

I won't be back to this hotel. There are obviously plenty of reviews about the service and cleanliness. The owner simply doesn't care. Maybe they will when they have to sell and the property is taken over. It's clear to me that this might happen soon because there were only 4 guests on the entire property. If people continue to avoid this property then maybe they will get a wake up call. But if we keep paying for people to nap on the job, nothing will every change.

• Stayed: May 2013
15  Thank Eneetra
Reviewed 12 June 2013

The average rating is just overall because of the fab location on the beach. if just for service it would be two stars. We recently stayed here in a one bedroom ground floor poolside suite. The process at home started miserably and my instinct was not to follow thru with the reservation. i should have listened to my instincts. i had to leave various messages to get information about rates and availability, chasing them when they are supposed to want your business. Then, after booking i never received a confirmation email. again, i had to keep calling and instead of apologies i got an attitude. So, we arrive in the room and It was a nice unit but definitely a bit dated as many have said before they don't have a flat screen tv in 2013, while claiming to be 5 star luxury boutique hotel. And as a previous reviewer stated it did have a slight mold and mildew smell. Our unit didn't get much sun exposure at all and maybe that is why.
We had booked and paid for a package that included dinner for two, massages, champagne and chocolate strawberries. None of this was apparently recorded in their records, the reservationist was off that day and when we asked about it, we were made to feel as though we were lying and trying to dupe them. We had dinner and massages booked and wanted to clarify this right away. We were told that the reservation manager was out that day so we would have to wait till the next day. Really? Good thing I kept calling and requesting a confirmation because instead of going to the beach I had to go to the front desk and show the manager my email listing what was included in the rate. If i hadnt kept calling for the email confirmation and went on verbal confirmation, i am 99% sure that we would not have been granted the included amenities. it would have been my word over theirs and i wouldnt have won. We spoke to Mary the main property manager and there was no sincere apology. She said they tried to call the reservation manager on her day off but couldn't reach her. That was a lie, because the next day when I asked the reservation manager what happened she said no one had called her at all and instead of apologizing she complained that it was her one day off and she shouldn't be bothered anyway. They just don't care they seem disgruntled. Everyone deserves a day off but they need to get their stuff together big time. I think they branded us as annoying after that because we truly felt unwelcome. its as though they are going through the motions. I actually found myself wondering what the heck is going on there for the air of total apathy that I picked up on. Are they not paid well? Maybe its the economy? Are the residents resentful towards american tourists? I really never felt that way before in over ten trips to TCI, or at least not to this extent. The bartender did have an surly attitude as well. It didn't make for a relaxing peaceful experience, and we paid plenty to stay there. An exception is the pool/beach attendant who works so hard all day long and manages to be friendly and helpful. He really deserves praise. Also the breakfast ladies were very nice and efficient and helpful. The location on grace bay is superb, I wish the hotel was better. The beach comes to a point here so it's wide and not too crowded in that spot. You have sand dunes to the left when facing the ocean, then the sands resorts a short walk away but it's not visible. To the right le vele a quiet resort is the neighbor. I always have loved the gorgeous turquoise water and white powdered sugar sand of grace bay beach and if we ever do return, it won't be to point grace.
Recently, there were issues at the airport regarding American tourists, so I think our days of visiting turks are over. Very sad, but the issues are a big concern. I am afraid to elaborate because threads and posting about it have been removed..

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple