“Hurricaine Perfect”
Review of Point Grace

Point Grace
Ranked #26 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 13 September 2008

We arrived at Point Grace just before Hurricaine Hanna and had a glorious 3 days before bad weather. It was a great location as we were able to walk to Coral Gardens for snorkeling or lay on the beach while they supplied us with cold water, towels, sailing, etc.. When the weather became too windy (Hanna) for the beach they had a nice pool with lounges, pool floats, towels, umbrellas, and a poolside cabana where they offered drinks and appetizers. After the airports closed we remained their guest for 3 more days.--we were able to stay in our same suite and they provided complimentary meals to all of us who were stranded ( from Grace's Cottage) .THey also had a wonderful library of books and DVDs we passed the time watching. We felt very safe and looked after---they arranged for staff to stay at nightime in a suite close by for emergencies, kept us updated with weather info, and made our travel arrangements for us when the airport finally opened. They even sent someone to the airport to stay with all their guests and assist with travel arrangements when the island was being evacuated for IVAN. We did not meet anyone else at the airport whose hotel had taken such great care of them. This was my first visit to Point Grace ( I had stayed before at Grace Bay Club) and I will return again to Point Grace for their wonderful personal service.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
4  Thank Pinewood554
There are newer reviews for Point Grace

Reviewed 9 September 2008

We stayed at Point Grace in August 2008. Our flight was delayed, so we arrived very late (around 10 p.m.) The front desk person had sandwiches and fruit waiting for us, which was appreciated! We booked a cottage room and were hoping for an upgraded ocean view room because the hotel had very low occupancy. Our travel agent called them several times to request an upgraded room and they refused - saying because the reservation wasn't booked directly with the hotel, they wouldn't do it and we should call the wholesaler (not true). We asked them personally and they refused - didn't seem to care or want to accomodate us. Keep in mind we were willing to pay a bit more for an ocean view room. The room we did have was very cute, much like a condo with only a view of the pool. When I go on vacation I like to be on the water. The bathroom was a bit cramped. Nice kitchen with microwave and stove. We made dinner in the room one night. Nice bedroom. I have to say that anytime I called the front desk or spa for a requst there was NO answer! It was viritually impossible to get someone on the phone...even if you called repeatedly...you just got a recording. Not what I expect from a five star establishment. The happy hour at the pool bar from 5-6 is nice and includes drinks and decent snacks. The breakfast was okay. They really need to add some protein to the same cereal, fruit and oatmeal every day. Over all it was a very nice stay, it's VERY quiet and relaxing. I would give it a 4 out of 5. It could be a 5, but they need to work on a few things.

3  Thank Katmo1864
Reviewed 27 August 2008

Point Grace was exquisite from the moment we arrived. Service was always friendly - by the second day all the guests and staff were pretty much on a first-name basis. It was off-season so it was quieter than normal (ok with me!) but since they only rent out about 28 suites, it's never going to be a mob scene. The beach is truly the loveliest beach I've ever seen -- the water is so blue it almost hurts your eyes to look at it.

We were taken care of marvelously by Pete and Anthony at the pool bar, Managers Janine and Andrew, Waiter and sailing expert Leslie, Delmore the waiter extraordinaire, Merna and Christina in the spa, the myriad housekeepers and groundskeepers who keep the property so lovely.

Strictly speaking, kids aren't verboten, but little ones would be really out of place, as would college-types looking to party. If you want a place to kick back and really relax and truly get away from it all, PG is the best. They own the property to the immediate right and left of PG, so it really does feel like it's more isolated than some of the mega-resorts like "Seven Stars" (locals refer to it as Seven Disa-stars!). The beach has plenty of cabanas and chairs -- nothing is ever a rush. Walk half an hour down Grace Bay to "Beaches" if you want what passes for crowds on Provo.

For peace and a quiet, friendly experience where you'll get to know the staff and your fellow guests while relaxing by the pool bar but will have all the time you need to do Absolutely. Nothing. At. All, then PG is absolute paradise.

Paradise, alas, does not come cheap. For those on a tighter budget, the Sibonne right down the beach from PG is reasonably priced and still in a very uncrowded, fabulous spot. But if you have the means, it doesn't get much better than Point Grace if your goal is utter peace and relaxation.

5  Thank HsquaredNYC
Reviewed 12 August 2008

My husband and I just returned from Point Grace after spending a week there celebrating our anniversary. From the moment we arrived we were blown away by the friendliness of the staff. They bent over backwards to make us feel welcome and to make our stay special. The property itself is gorgeous and the setting is like something from a movie – blue skies, even bluer clear ocean waters! Our room was beautiful – clean, spacious and nicely decorated. We felt so comfortable there. I found the resort’s “Thalasso” spa to be absolutely outstanding. I have visited many spas over the years with mixed results, and I can say without hesitation that this was the best one I have ever been to! The staff was accommodating, pleasant and respectful and the treatments provided were spectacular. I felt like a new woman after spending time there, which my husband definitely appreciated! The crowning jewel in our stay there was our dinner at Grace’s Cottage, the resort’s onsite gourmet restaurant. We had a romantic beachside meal that was absolutely amazing in every way, from the delicious food and wines suggested by waiter, to the atmosphere and the discreet but attentive service. I can’t say enough about this place – we will be back! Thank you Point Grace for making our celebration so special!

Stayed: July 2008
2  Thank ChicagoSamantha
Reviewed 8 August 2008

This property is absolutely amazing. Upon arrival at the airport, we were greeted by a Point Grace staffer to let us know our car was on the way. We were taken from the airport in the property's Rolls which is old but is a nice touch. Gary, our driver, was very nice and gave us an overview of the island, restaurants, and events while we drove. When we arrived at the property, we were greeted with a cold drink and towel which we desperately needed. We had booked a lower level poolside room but when we saw the property and the GORGEOUS water we upgraded to an atlantis (?) suite. It was well worth the money to be able to wake up and look at the water every morning. The pool is unbelievable as well. Sometimes you'll be the only ones there for hours...sometimes days. The beach is the same. We sat in our own little cabana every day where they brought us buckets filled with ice, bottled water, and a water spritzer. They also bring chilled fruit and sorbet in the afternoons. The water is the most clear and beautiful I've ever seen. It's almost difficult to describe because it's so amazing.

The staff at Point Grace was typically accomodating. They're not exactly super friendly but that's okay I guess. Occasionally, one of the front desk staff was short or surly but we didn't really take it too seriously. The restaurant staff was always very friendly and prompt. Janine, the reservations manager, and Mary, the front desk manager, were always very nice and helpful. Mary owns a taxi service on the island and they're always very prompt and super friendly. Ask for Colvin -- he's the best!!! The spa staff (and services!) were great too.

Be sure to take advantage of cocktail hour at the pool bar. The food is always good and the selection of free beverages is good as well. The Terrace Restaurant was very good in the morning and at lunch. The food really is wonderful. On our last night, we went to Grace's Cottage and the food was excellent. We were there during the beginning of lobster season so we took full advantage of it.

Be sure to wear SPF 50 -- the sun is brutal there.

2  Thank RixonTexas
Reviewed 8 August 2008

My family of four, mom, dad and 2 kids, ages 13 and 14 just spent a wonderful week at Point Grace. Upon arrival we were greeted warmly by Narardo and Mary with icey cold rum punches. Ahhhhh. The facility was lovely and clean and the staff was endlessly helpful. Happy hours poolside with Pete tending bar were great
I'd been to Provo 10 years ago and had heard how much it's changed. Well, that's true, but the island is still beautiful and the "belongers" friendly.
We dove almost daily with Dive Provo and had a ball. Thanks Chris (who certified our kids.)
Will go back.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2008

From the moment I checked entered the room I knew I was in trouble. I had read reviews about how unfriendly the staff was and I remembered their words well.

I made my reservations through American Express. I booked a one bedroom suite with ocean-view.

A good word to describe the front desk staff was utterly apathetic but the check-in process was uneventful. The room was clean but there were areas that needed a bit of touch-up.

I went to the balcony to see the "ocean-view" and I was surprised to find palm trees in front of the balcony. So I called the management and they promised me in the morning I would see the ocean. Well the morning came and still no ocean. In all honestly you could see about 18 inches worth of blue ocean through the palm trees. I took pictures and brought over my digital camera to the front desk and they said "not our fault tress have grown." When I asked for a parital refund or to be transfered to a cheaper room they told me that since i hadn't booked through them there was nothing they could do.

I contacted American Express and them again, asked for a manager to come to my room and show me the ocean. Since he wasn't able to do so, he agreed to change me to another room which was actually a two bedroom suite.

Although the problem was fixed, it wasn't worth the headache of having to deal with them.

In general don't expect any big smiles from the islanders. I like to pay for quality but expect good service. The meals were OK and definately overpriced so usually ate at other hotels. All are essentially within walking distance where the staff was somewhat more friendly.

The water in Turks and Caicos is beautiful. The water was warm and without waves. We did an island getaway which was really nice. Dropped off in a private island all day with drinks / food for $250/pp. If you like the Survivor Exile island idea it should definately be on your list of activities.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple