“Point Grace is a GEM!!!”
Review of Point Grace

Point Grace
Ranked #26 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Stamford, Connecticut
“Point Grace is a GEM!!!”
Reviewed 9 November 2009

Just back from an AMAZING trip to Point Grace – Oct. 25 – Nov. 1

Please forgive this being such a looooong report. I am still on a high from this incredible place!

Departed JFK a little behind schedule - no biggie. Landed in Provo around 10:50am. Stepping off the plane and feeling that hot sun on my face was glorious! Getting thru customs at the airport was very quick and we were soon whisked away to begin our stay in paradise!

We arrived at Point Grace within 15 minutes. We were given fresh cool towels, then taken on a short tour of the property…then up to Suite W202 (Middleton Cay Suite). As soon as the door to the suite opened and we saw that view, we knew we were in for a great vacation! We couldn’t have been happier. The rooms were lovely and very clean. We unpacked our bags and were on the beach by 12:30 to start working on our tans. They served us our lunch on the beach – nice!

Our friends flew in from Baltimore to meet up with us at the resort (their first time) and it was fun being able to show them around since we were familiar with the island.

Most days were spent just relaxing at the beach, going for long walks, lounging by the pool with a good book and a good drink!

We did a snorkeling excursion with Sail Provo. We did this last time we visited the island and loved it so much, we decided to go with them again. Rob and Steve made sure we had an enjoyable day.

Point Grace took care of our car rental for us. Having a car is definitely a “must-have”. Getting around the island is very easy and so many great adventures to go on. First things first… went directly to IGA to stock up on staples for the week (i.e., milk, water, bread, fruit, cheese, crackers and wine, wine, wine)! Over the course of the week we drove out to Sapodilla and Taylor Bays….up to Northwest Point and stopped at Amanyara for a tour of the Pavilions, a drink at the bar and a light lunch. Around Silly Creek (Emerald Cay) and the Chalk Sound area, Blue Hills, Long Bay Beach, etc., etc. We didn’t notice an over abundance of stray pot cakes this trip, but there were cats EVERYWHERE! I think every restaurant we went to had at least one. If you are allergic to cats…….don’t forget to pack your allergy meds!

My view of Point Grace: A little slice of heaven. If you are looking for solitude, relaxation and a real “get away from it all” kind of vacation, a great place to unwind……then you will love this resort. The suites are beautifully decorated and the service was wonderful (but not intrusive). The lush, tropical landscaping is impeccably maintained. October seems to be their slow season…I only saw about 6 other couples at the resort during our stay..so we really felt like we had the place to ourselves.

We also had a semi celebrity sighting. For anyone who is a fan of the reality show “The Real Housewives of New York City”, we saw Countess LuAnn de Lesseps, twice. Once at the Gansevoort having dinner at the table next to us and again at the airport. She was standing in line in front of us and I snapped a photo! She and her new “young” BF were on our flight back to JFK.

Restaurants this visit….

Bay Bistro (Sibonne) – had lunch AND dinner here. Food was really good especially the lobster.

Bagatelle (Gansevoort). Went twice in one week for dinner! Try the bone-in rib eye for two. They bring it out after it’s cooked for your approval – then they slice it off the bone before serving. Best cut of meat on the island (IMO) - Just FANTASTIC!!!! Girleen, our waitress was the best!!!!!

Anacoana (Grace Bay Club) – Food IMO was “okay”…..nothing to get too excited about. The only thing my husband liked here were the light up menus! Don’t get me wrong, the atmosphere is lovely, just wasn’t impressed with the food…and at those prices I should have been. I don’t mind paying $$$$$ when it’s worth it…..this really wasn’t.

Coco Bistro – great food, great atmosphere.

Sharkbites (Turtle Cove Marina)……Great burgers!

Grace’s Cottage – by far, the nicest atmosphere (IMO) and the food is great.

Las Brisas for lunch….sat in the Gazebo overlooking Chalk Sound (what a breeze)! Food was great.

Note: When dining “al fresco”, be sure to put on your bug spray before you leave your resort or you will get eaten alive.

Thanks to everyone on this forum (and you know who you are) for sharing all your knowledge of this wonderful island. Will we be returning…you bet!

And now for the Pièce de résistance…….the link to my photos!! Please forgive me, as I’ve posted a TON!!! I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed taking them!!!!
[--]

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Joanne M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Texas
Reviewed 15 August 2009

Point Grace is situated in what seems to be the most beautiful, peaceful and quiet part of Grace Bay. When you are on the beach, it always seemed like you were on your own private beach. When by the pool, everyone is extremely quiet, just reading books and resting. We loved the sign by the pool that stated "Quiet zone, no noise allowed". We stayed in the first floor cottage by the pool, and it was lovely. With the updated kitchen, hardwood floors and modern amenities, including TV, it was great. We also loved the turn down service that they provided at the end of every afternoon. It was great to kick back with no little kids around or any noise. If you want a place to relax, unwind and just be, this is it.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank smithfoodies
long islland, ny
Reviewed 26 July 2009

This is my 2nd time back to Point Grace, my husband and I went last summer in August and loved it so much we came back this year in July.
The landscaping and exterior of the cottages and oceanfront buildings were beautifully well kept (considering the hurricane last year). However, the suite felt not kept up. Yes, these suites/apartments are owned so that may have something to do with it, but we were a little disappointed.
Firstly, we stayed in the oceanfront suite ( 2 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath). There were missing knobs in 2 of the bathrooms, the wood vanities were old and tired looking, and the curtains in the master bedroom was sort of breaking...basically small details that made me a drop unhappy.
Also, when we arrived to our room I saw a big pile of dust underneath our bed and I figured they would clean it eventually, however it was still there the day we left. Not very nice to have dust balls all over.
Also, the reclining chairs at the beach were completely gross, (last year they were nice and new) paint was chipping everywhere and scratched my husband and I.
The towels at the pool and beach had holes all over them, and the floating lounge rafts for the pool had big holes in them as well. Last year everything seemed new and clean and nice. Not this time.
Even the beach did not seem as clean as it was last year.
I felt the front desk people could have been nicer.
Now the good, the weather was beautiful, the housekeeping lady very sweet, although she never swept the dust under the bed away, service at the pool and beach was good. The place is very relaxing and we enjoyed our time despite the fact that the suite felt like it needed some renovating. Would we come again next year? Nope. Many more beautiful hotels on the island that have newer rooms and are friendlier.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank marissad
Maryland
Reviewed 18 July 2009

I recently returned from an incredible two week stay (June 29th-July 13th) at Point Grace Resort. I stayed in an upstairs cottage suite and loved it! The kitchen had marble counter tops and stainless steel appliances. There was a very nice balcony overlooking the pretty pool and gorgeous landscaping. I also was able to see the ocean from the balcony and two sides of the cottage.

The continental breakfast was nice. There was oatmeal, cold cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, cheese, meats, bread, pastries, juices and coffee. The servers, Merlande and Richard, were very kind to me. We had great conversations each morning, Thank you!

The beach/pool servers would always bring a bucket of ice with bottled water and a spray bottle to the beach or pool for all guests. In the morning, he would bring fresh fruit and in the afternoon delicious sorbet! Leslie was the best! He was so friendly and hardworking!

I enjoyed the complimentary happy hour each day from 5:00-6:00 at the pool bar. The Managers' Coctail Party every Wednesday was great! The management and staff are such friendly people and the food was quite tasty! Thank you!

The front desk staff recommended a reliable and honest taxi service, Mary's Taxi Service. Coven was usually the driver. What a nice, well-mannered young man. His rates were always fare and reasonable! Thank you!

I had such a fun and gorgeous private boat ride along the coast of Provo, Little Water Cay, and Half Moon Bay with G and E Tours. Captain Kimmit, a native of Provo, was very knowledgeable and friendly. It was a nice 26 foot twin engine boat. The boat came right up to the beach in front of Point Grace to pick me up and drop me off. G and E tours offers van and boat tours, snorkling, and/or fishing by the hour as well as half and full day trips. I paid for a 2 hour tour, very reasonably priced! I highly recommend! 649-241-3124 Terry, a local on Provo, thanks for recommending G and E Tours.

Point Grace is a wonderful, small, quaint , very clean resort. The layout is perfect, four adorable cottages, two beautiful oceanfront buildings, beautiful landscaping, nice pool, pool bar and great views of Grace Bay Beach. I loved being on "The Point", there was always a fabulous breeze. Even when the resort was at 50-60% occupancy, it seemed as though it was almost empty. Each day there were periods of time that I was the only person on the beach. There were very few children, no more than 5 children on any given day during those two weeks. Some days, only 1 or 2 kids. The children were well-behaved.

I can't say enough positive things about the staff at Point Grace. They were always kind and helpful. Many of them addressed the guests by name. What a nice, personable touch. It was a pleasure getting to know several of them. There are too many to name all, but here are a few very special people: Ms.Mary, Isheka, Nadia, Narada, Leslie, Merlande, Richard, Pete, housekeeping... Thank you for making my trip even more
enjoyable.

If anyone would like more detailed information, please PM me and I'd be happy to try and answer any questions. I will definitely be returning to Point Grace!

Thanks to tripadvisor member Ajax, for highly recommending Point Grace.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
4 Thank islandsunfun
Washington, DC
Reviewed 17 June 2009

We just returned from our first visit to Provo and first stay at Point Grace. We chose the resort for its intimate, smaller-scale environment (as opposed to, say, Seven Stars). We had a great experience. The staff is friendly enough but not fawningly service-oriented or exceedingly gracious. It's more of an in-no-rush, slightly sassy vibe. The lovely resort only has about 40 units, and during our stay, the resort was only about half full so it felt like we had the place and the famed Grace Bay Beach to ourselves. We booked a poolside cottage and loved it. It was like our own oasis. The cottage was roomy and the kitchen had granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. The kitchen came in handy b/c restaurant food on the island is very expensive, and we cooked a couple of dinners and lunches and ate outside on our private patio. We definitely did not scrimp on all our meals though--we ate delicious meals at Grace's Cottage and Coyabo Restaurant. The nearby Salt Mills cafe was a bargain--you can get big, tasty blueberry pancakes, bacon, coffee for two, orange juice, a bagel with egg, cheese and sausage for around $28 which is cheap on Provo. Hemingway's next door at the Sands resort is good for a beachside lunch. We're glad we drove to Da Conch Shack to experience its laid-back, beach-bum style but the food wasn't particularly memorable. You should definitely rent a car for at least a couple of days. Even though most of the dive operators pick you up at the hotel, a car gives you freedom to go to the local IGA grocery store and drive to different restaurants and parts of the island. Driving on the left takes some getting used to but you get the hang of it quickly. Other recommended activities: we went kayaking with Big Blue and loved it. And we did a snorkeling excursion with Dive Provo... Grace Bay Beach was spectacular as you can see in the photos--miles of clean beach with soft white sand and warm, clear water that just rolls in.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DCTraveler111
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 June 2009

Just returned from our honeymoon at Point Grace. We were looking for the following when picking a property: Amazing Beach, nice rooms, quiet, access to great food and drinks. Point Grace offered all of these and more.

Walking along the beach they were one of the very few resorts whose beach chairs and area was well kept and orderly. Some of the other resorts along Grace Bay looked as if a bomb had gone off when setting up their beach areas. The complimentary transportation from the airport was there and we didn't even have to stop walking as we left customs they were waiting and just for us not 20 other people. Short 15 minute or so ride to the hotel and we checked in. Upon arrival we were given a quick tour of the property and offered some beverages at the pool bar.

We stayed in the cottage suite and a lower level unit and did not once hear anyone above us the entire stay and people were staying in the unit above us. The cottage suites are perfect as you can see from the photos and very spacious. The kitchen was ideal for heating up leftovers for lunch the following days. We ate at some of the nicer restraunts and each gave very large portions which allowed us to have plenty for lunch most days (Coyaba, Anacona, Coca Bistro, Graces Cottage). Bedrooms very nice as well along with having two sinks in the bathroom is a nice feature.

Pool was perfect minus the kids at the end of our stay (really just two from one family that were a bit loud). One thing we liked was the never ending flow of bottle water and mist bottles on the beach and at the pool. It gets hot and having water brought to you without even needing it or asking is nice. The chairs at the pool were very comfortable as were the beach chairs which we used every single day.

My big disapointment was the sailboats. I asked to use one several times and was told the outboard motor on the little skiff was in the shop and management wouldn't allow the kayaks or sailboats to be used while this was in the shop. I understand this and wish they had made arrangements with another resort to use their sail boats while this was being done.

Staff was friendly not over the top but that isn't what we were expecting at this property. Our reservations and transporation to dinner each night were set up by the front desk as was our snorkel excursion. One big plus with Point Grace for us was the Bikes we used them to go everywhere during the day and loved it. Tons of people asked about where we got them as I don't think you can rent them close by at least not that I saw.

I would highly highly recommend the snorkel excursion with DIVE Big Blue. These girls were amazing and we did the 7 hour trip and was well worth the money and the time. They didn't take you with 30 others to somewhere close by it was an all day trip to remote areas on a very nice boat and we were able to see some amazing things this day.

Restraunts:
Coyaba- Favorite
Coco Bistro- Service was lacking although just for us as some friends were dining on the other side and their service was excellent food still very good
Anaconna- Very cool bar area and very good food as well
Graces Cottage-Same high quality of food as the others and very good service
Pizza Pizza- Great with a turks head beer after all day of snorkeling
Calico Jacks- Yummy Chicken tenders for lunch one day
Yoshi- Some of the better sushi I have had anywhere and great service
Da Conch Shack- Place is amazing stayed there for 4 hours hanging out eating and drinking
Hemingways-Great fish tacos and easy access to point grace for a quick lunch
IGA-grabbed some chips and salsa for the room and some other small items

Would go back to Point Grace and TCI in a second.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank NCHoneymoon
Cornelius
Reviewed 5 June 2009

We visited Point Grace in 2/05 and absolutely loved the place. It was in top condition and the service levels were great. We returned just recently from our trip and noted that the property had lost some of its shine. We love that is is quite (a plus for us), nice large size rooms, friendly staff, great location. We are not sure it we just hit it at the wrong time (ie they are getting ready to work on maintainence in the off season) or the property is in need of some capital to spruce it up? We have some friends going next month and while we recommend this property we did tell them to check out some of the newer properties (i.e. same price with better quality property) before booking.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple