“Great View-OK Food”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Marin Restaurant at the Veranda Resort and Residences
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We ate the the rooftop Marin Restaurant four times during our stay. View is outstanding/food and service was "ok." Although we ordered many of the same dishes, consistency varied from day to day in portion size, etc. Also, although all the waiters were great, they sorely lacked in "fine dining" service. On several occasions they would pick up my finished dishes, stack them on my husband's dishes, stack a few more on top and then pick up the stack and leave the table. Usually we did not care to see all this stacking right in front of us! I did especially like the Mussel Appetizer although each time I ordered it there would be 4/5 mussels left in the container which had not opened. I also enjoyed the ice cream banana desert with the chocolate "salt".

1  Thank belwil
Reviewed 25 April 2011

There are two parts to Marin. Upstairs on the roof which is ala carte and ground level buffet dining.

The resort looks beautiful and Marin matches it. The upstairs wherevwe dined was a lovely space set high above the beach commanding awesome views.

The food and service did not match the million dollar views. There was nothing wrong but nothing really right either. The food was ersatz and had that plastic mass produced feeling. The wine list had been run down si we had to try to order 4 wines by the time they found one in stock - Chardonnay shouldn't be that hard.

They did have the grooviest menus I have ever seen! They are backlight in a blue neon so when you open them in the dark you can read - go for the views and menus not the food.

P.S on our way out I looked at the buffet down stairs. It was Indian and looked really good perhaps save the money out et on the patio beside the beach.

3  Thank HughK1