If you read through all the reviews, you get the general idea of what OCW is all about. I'm not going to reiterate everything here. We did a private rental because we wanted to control which unit we were assigned. But, the downside of this is that you don’t have regular cleaning service and you can’t charge things to your room. We also picked OCW because we wanted the screened porches. We loved the unit we got. And, we worked with the most responsive and lovely unit-owners. This review is no indictment of them or our unit.
Here are some things to think about in deciding if OCW is right for you:
There are lots of kids. We didn’t expect this. We traveled at a time when school is typically in session and yet I woke up every morning expecting to have some peace and quiet on the porch only to be greeting with screams from the pool (our unit was right next to it). The kids screamed. Their parents screamed. It never ended until the sun went down. These were just sounds of kids having fun. But, we try to stay away from family-friendly resorts. If you have kids, this place is for you. (The beach was better, but there were still lots of noisy, noisy kids around.)
We booked a one bedroom thinking that we could get cross ventilation because our until had porches on the front and back. For whatever reason, we never got a good breeze and ended up running the A/C. Because of this and the fact that the balcony is bigger, we maybe would have been better off in a studio. I’m not sure, just something to think about.
We had in-unit Internet and it was so incredibly slow, it was sometimes impossible to load a simple web page. Don’t expect to stream anything, particularly during heavy Internet times like after dark.
Too many people smoked around the pool and by the water. Cigars and cigarettes littered the beach. It was gross.
If you get a first floor unit, ask if the door locks from the outside. Even though there isn't much of a view, I thought it would be cool to just walk off the porch, lock the door, and then go to the beach. Some units have the locks and some don't.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Club Resorts is comprised of two beachfront properties, Ocean Club and Ocean Club West, located one mile apart on stunning Grace Bay Beach. The intimate resorts offer a “Stay at one, Play at both” opportunity for guests to enjoy all the services and amenities of both. An easy stroll down a beautiful stretch of beach is the popular way to get between the two resorts, although guests can be chauffeured by a complimentary shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and West Indies so you can book your Ocean Club West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Club West Hotel Providenciales
- Ocean Hotel Providenciales
- Ocean Hotel West
- Ocean Club West Turks Caicos
- Ocean Club West Turks And Caicos/Providenciales