“You have to laugh at some of these reviews”
Review of Ocean Club West

Ocean Club West
Ranked #14 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This place is paradise....the beach is amazing, the color a bright turquoise....absolutely stunning! Our condo was perfect, well maintained and on the beach. We had cable TV (perfect for our 2 boys) a fully equipped kitchen, a view of the sea and pool and the breeze through the condo was perfect. Pool was quiet, so the kids could run and splash around to their hearts content. The cafe was simple but was adequate for our needs. We even ate here on the first night and the Fish with curry sauce was excellent. OCW is close to plenty of restaurants (Coco Bistro, caicos Cafe, Yoshim Chopsticks, the Deck...al excellent) and the supermarket.....we brought cereal, snacks and coffee with us, but some of the fruit and food is decently priced, although as people have said on here other things can be expensive.....however, the basics (water, juice, bread, fruit) are not too bad. We rented a car for 2 days from AVIS down the street and got to see some of the island (Long Beach, Leewear Beach and Sapodila Bay are gorgeous) and the car was $40 day (could have got cheaper but I wanted a/c and automatic). The snorkwling trip was OK, not great not bad (kinda rushed and water a little choppy), but iguana island where the boat stops is just stuning and the boat crew were fun (Island Vibes). We went snorekelling on our own at Leeward Beach atthe top of the isalnd and you could see a lot of fish. Overall amazing........

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd floors
2  Thank MarkyMarkDC
There are newer reviews for Ocean Club West

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have been to Provo several times before but never at Ocean Club West. When I wanted to make arrangements to go back to dive again, this time with my wife joining us, I wanted "a very nice place" I did a little bit of searching online and Ocean Club West looked very appealing. My wife tells me I made a very good choice. The accommodations were outstanding. We had true Ocean view, a gorgeous beach, a great place to stay on the property for lunch (and for dinner one night) and a short walk to several very fine restaurants. The relationship with Dive Provo was a bonus as it was a short walk across the street. Shopping was convenient and we used the full kitchen every morning. The help was truly "first class" and we received a friendly greeting as we checked in, complete assistance anytime we picked up the phone or stopped in at the front desk, and the daily cleanup service was prompt, courteous and complete. The beach is truly, as the reputation says, one of the best in the world. When we go back to Provo, will go back to Ocean Club West..

Room Tip: If you ask for a room with an ocean view that's what you'll get. We loved the "A"...
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My family and I quickly learned that Ocean Club West was an awful choice. We stayed at the resort for a week in a condo with 2 bedrooms. The upstairs had two beds and the master bedroom had one. Of the three beds in the house, two were infested with bed bugs. Upon waking up on the first morning of our vacation, I, along with my husband and one of my daughters, woke up with small, itchy red bites. My 18 year old woke up with 21 bites on her legs along with a couple on her arms, chest, and face. My husband and I had bites all over our ankles and legs. When we called the front desk to inform them, they acted VERY surprised and did not do so much as to apologize. They didn't offer us any options, so we requested two fold-away beds. This raised another issue with this resort: the customer service was awful. The front desk was not apologetic whatsoever when we informed them of the bedbugs and didn't offer any solutions. However, it wasn't only the front desk that was rude. The people working at the cafe/bar were rude as well. When my 18 year old walked up to the cafe and asked to order a salad, a bartender (who was standing behind the counter) looked at her and said, "I'm not working right now. Find someone who is." This was completely unprofessional. Staying at Ocean Club West is very costly (not to mention the airfare and price of food/goods on the island) and my family did not pay thousands of dollars to be treated with such poor customer service. All in all, I would NOT recommend this hotel. The lack of customer service and especially the bedbug infestation were more than enough to make me never want to book another stay here ever again.

Room Tip: I would not recommend staying in any of the rooms. Bedbugs are easily transferred. Chances are, if o...
15  Thank Grace O
OceanClubResorts, Manager at Ocean Club West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

I sent a personal email to you that the suite was inspected and there was no finding of bed bugs, and have not heard back from you. In order to refute your review we hired an outside company, Truly Nolan, to investigate that showed no finding. You stayed seven nights and never mentioned this concern. Due to social media a hotel has to show proof and from an outside company. I would appreciate if you will respond so I may provide the written verification.
Ocean Club Resorts has never had a bed bug incident. We take all necessary measures to prevent and take any complaint most serious, including yours even though you had departed.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards,
OCR Management

Reviewed 28 June 2014

My family just returned from a 5 night stay at the OCW. The trip was wonderful as was the property and location. The purpose of the trip was for relaxation and a much needed rest. From the time we walked in the vacation began. The front desk staff John and Cortez checked us in with a smile and hearty welcome. Also a special shout out to Shawn who gave us great tips to make our trip more enjoyable. We had a 2 bedroom Ocean Front which was perfect ...Room B222. The suite had everything we needed, and the OCW screened in porch is a great plus. There is nothing better than having your morning coffee and breakfast and your evening happy hour on the screened in porch watching and listening to the sounds of the ocean. Most of the other reviews give the highlights, free wi-fi, towels, plenty of lounge chairs at the pool and beach, free bikes for bike riding, etc. The beach was clean and the water crystal clear. We also visited the local IGA market for the essentials, the French bakery for the pastries and quiche, and loved the patty place where we enjoyed wonderful beef patties. As stated the front desk will give you a pull cart to take with you to make the carrying of your groceries easier. We also visited Big Momma's for souveniers. OCW is not a big resort. It is a boutique property with minimal activities We were able to arrange for snorkeling, and they do have folks (independents) walking the beach offering other activities such as para sailing, bannana boat riding and the sort. There was not much entertainment, a local musician Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, If you want something more there are larger more expensive or all inclusive properties to visit. What it is a well managed property with great service and staff whose only goal is to ensure that you enjoy your stay.

Turks is expensive, we actually saw the price of an 8 pk of hamburger buns for $14.99, but other things e.g as eggs, bacon, cold cuts, bread, spaghetti, were a little more reasonable, come on it's vacation what do you expect. All and all, if you are looking for a good place to go and relax, OCW is the place.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom ocean front B22. Great view, nicely furnished
1  Thank Sharon S
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights beginning on Friday, June 20th. I will say that when we first arrived we were a little worried because the place was totally empty. We threw our stuff in our room and grabbed a very late lunch/very early dinner at the Seaside Café and there was only one other couple there and there was no one around the pool area and only a few people on the beach. But the lunch was great and it was nice having the pool to ourselves. It did get more crowded the next day.

We had room 624 and it was probably the worst room in the resort (faced the back, 2nd floor so could hear people above us). But we didn't mind the view and for the price we paid we were expecting to not be blown away by the room. We were actually pleasantly surprised. The view, although not of the ocean or pool, was tropical. Once we got used to the small space we decided it was perfect for us as we didn't spend much time there anyway. The kitchenette was nice to have and we made breakfast a few mornings (and went to the Caicos Bakery 2 mornings) and ate our breakfast on the screened in porch every morning. The screened in porch really made the room, without it, there would be nowhere to eat. You have to be very careful to wash dishes right away and not leave spoons or the pan in the sink because little tiny ants were immediately all over the kitchen area.

The main reason we chose this resort was the location and the great beach. We didn't want to rent a car (and after the ride to and from the airport are glad we didn't - we booked with Majestic and highly recommend them) and we could easily walk to many restaurants. IGA was a 5-10 minute walk and the resort provides a cart to wheel back groceries/water. Everything at IGA is at least $8. I bought a bottle of Minute Maid lemonade to go with my tequila and it was $8. A half gallon of ice cream was $8. Eggs were only $3.45/dozen (so I guess I lied). We ate at Seaside Café each day for lunch (and one day took the shuttle to OCE and ate at the Cabana Bar which was also good). I can't believe Seaside Café isn't packed! For the price and the great food, it is definitely a positive of the resort. It's also nice that you can charge meals from both resorts to your room. For dinner we walked to Bella Luna, Caicos Café (right across the street), Coco Bistro and Vix (and Melt for dessert). We ate at the resort on Caribbean Night (Mon) and it was great to watch the sunset while we ate (many restaurants don't have an ocean view). We walked on the beach each morning and made it to Regeant Palms and thought we were going to die because it was so hot, and then we had to walk back. It was almost 100 degrees and even the cab and shuttle drivers were complaining it was too hot, so I don't think it normally gets this hot in June. But we wanted to walk to Hemingway's for lunch and never made it. By the time lunch rolled around it was just too hot for that far of a walk. Plus we loved Seaside Café and it was so convenient we didn't feel like we were missing out. The beach is by far the best we've been to (Aruba, Jamaica, Riviera Maya - Maroma Beach) and it is consistently beautiful for miles. For us, this vacation was all about the beach so we didn't do any excursions but we will next time. There is absolutely no night life anywhere. We walked around on our first night, Friday night, and were the only people out. There are shops but they all seem to close at 5. Some of the restaurants even close at 5 (we wanted to go to the S Shack for a laid back dinner but they close at 5). The attitude on the island doesn't appear service oriented in many places. If you have been to Jamaica, it's kind of like that. We felt like we were a bother which was insane to me because we were paying big money for dinners to feel like we were bothering the workers.

We will definitely return (the beach alone has us hooked) and depending on the price, may try to book a room closer to the ocean on the third floor. The problem with the 2nd floor is that the floors are tile and we could hear people walking around above us at night (among other things...). The rooms are not very sound proof, we were woken up by the neighbors alarm at 6:50 each morning. I would like to book on VRBO but then you lose the ability to charge to the room and it was nice to not worry about keeping a credit card in the beach bag. But if it's more than a few hundred dollars more for us it wouldn't be worth it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank clmst
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Well nothing has changed it's still beautiful and relaxing! we just finished an 8 day stay and it is not long enough! maybe 2 weeks next time? The Unit had the same unbelievable view of the Sunsets and Beach nothing like sitting on your deck eating Dinner while watching the Sunset!
This time we brought a lot of our food with us Chicken, Hamburger and Hotdogs, Frozen in a hot/cold container( it was still frozen when we got there) Peanut butter, Jelly, spaghetti, snacks and snorkel equipment and floats in a checked bag $25 saved us a lot!! Had a three bedroom Ocean Front unit well worth the money. See Pics The Restaurants and Food are expensive so we got a partial meal plan and ate a lot of meals in our unit, why not with those views?? and they supply the Grills!! in a nice Gazebo in the middle of the pool area.

Room Tip: We've only stayed in the Oceanfront but all the Units are nice according to the people we've...
Reviewed 22 June 2014

So glad we decided to save a bit of money when looking at the star ratings! Hopefully, you will find this review useful and do the same. Our room is (we are on our 4th day) spectacular. We have an excellent screened balcony with a table for four and and elegantly cushioned chaise lounge. We can watch the amazing sunsets from our balconey. Yes, the groceries are expensive...oh well, you are on an island. We shopped at the local IGA and stocked up on items for breakfast and lunch. Our full kitchen has everything we could possibly need for meal preparation. There is also a grilling area poolside that is great. The room is clean and well cared for. We have done a load of laundry in our room and like the convenience of the washer and dryer. The beachfront of our hotel is as good or better than the 5 star next door! We have umbrellas and comfortable chairs. Beachfront wait staff will bring you food and drinks! Save your money and stay here....hard to believe this is not as highly rated as Seven next door! Oh yes, the poolside is wonderful as well!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple