Like everybody says it is a great place. What I couldn't get from other reviews was this:
1) I was on fence between ocean club and ocean club west. After seeing both, West is the best. At the time prices were the same. Knowing what I know now, I would pay more to be at the west. It is located a few hundred yards from some restaurants/bars/french bakery. There is a big difference between a mile and a few hundred yards when it is hot and you are already tired from snorkeling. I would have a lot less fun had I not been at OC west.
2) It is not a resort with 5 diff restaurants and 3 bars to get drunk at while you dance/grind the night away night. If that is what you want OC west is NOT the place for you; go to Beaches. If you are looking for beautiful, quite accommodations with a small quite bar, uncrowded beach/pool and peace and quite all night to stroll around with your loved one; then this is the place for you.
Advice beyond OC West:
Rent a car. 8days was $290. People we spoke to said it was $75-$90 each way for a taxi, $30 to grocery store, and $40 to get to dinner at Turtle cove each way. Car gave us access to Smith's reef, rainbow reef, Long beach, conch shack and all the fun on our schedule. We used $60 in fuel. Only gas station on island that takes credit card is within site of Avis rental shop.
We paid $105 each for a 1/2 day snorkel to West Caicos. We saw more fish/coral at smiths reef. Again rental car would save you $210/day for a couple to go snorkeling.
French bakery across from OC West taste same as Bakeries I ate at in France. It was amazing good and amazing cheap. B-fast for 2 adults was $8.00 total. We got free coffee from OC west before walking over.
For $200 we got a person tour of North and Middle Caicos islands. ($50/person for ferry, $100 for guide). Bring bathing suits. Set up through turksandcaicosreservations Charles was tour guide. Request Daniels cafe for lunch. It was awesome. Cook had caught the fish that morning.
I drank rum punch an nearly every bar there. They all tasted the same except Sharkbites. There's was best.
Thursday night fish fry was awesome. It was like a small town fair with local band, followed by g rated dance music, followed by local ethnic dancers. If you have kids, stick it out through few minutes of disco to see local dancers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Club Resorts is comprised of two beachfront properties, Ocean Club and Ocean Club West, located one mile apart on stunning Grace Bay Beach. The intimate resorts offer a “Stay at one, Play at both” opportunity for guests to enjoy all the services and amenities of both. An easy stroll down a beautiful stretch of beach is the popular way to get between the two resorts, although guests can be chauffeured by a complimentary shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, West Indies, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ocean Club West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Club West Hotel Providenciales
- Ocean Hotel Providenciales
- Ocean Hotel West
- Ocean Club West Turks Caicos
- Ocean Club West Turks And Caicos/Providenciales