I wholeheartedly agree with Caribbeanjunkies review of Ocean Club West on Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos. The units vary in terms of size, location and amenities. My mother and I stayed in a poolside junior suite, #516, owned by Keith this winter, and it was perfect for our needs.
As a former travel writer, I have visited numerous Caribbean islands and have been to Turks & Caicos several times, staying in deluxe resorts each time. I’m familiar with most of the resorts on the gorgeous miles-long stretch of white sand on Grace Bay. OCW is the nicest I’ve seen of the lot. The buildings are only 3 stories high, and our ground floor suite opened directly on to the pool, and was a few steps from the restaurant and most importantly, that beautiful beach! Our comfortable, lovely large studio, screened in porch and easy access to the outdoors made us feel like we were in our own home. The layout was ideal, an open, airy room with king size bed, ceiling fans, and well-outfitted (blender, coffee machine etc.) kitchen; the large porch with ultra comfortable furniture, was like a another room, so one of us could read on the porch while the other was watching tv or sleeping.
The owner provides amenities that you won’t get elsewhere, which make a big difference in making you feel at home, not to mention saving you money: Satellite TV and DVD player, laptop computer with wireless internet, a phone that allows you unlimited free calls to the US and Canada. Anyone who’s been slammed with huge hotel phone bills will truly appreciate this added value! The owner has even loaded the phone with useful numbers like airlines, local restaurants and dive shops. Additionally, a local cell phone allows people on-island to call you or for you to receive that important call from home while you are enjoying the beach. The restaurants in the area are great, but not cheap. Here, you can stock up on groceries and use the brand-new grills housed in a pool pavilion steps away, or go to the restaurant overlooking the ocean. (Several excellent restaurants are within walking distance, and the owner gives you detailed info on them; guests have added their recommendations.)
Scuba diving here is fantastic-I even saw a humpback whale on one dive: they migrate through the islands during the winter months. There are tons of water sports options and excursions available.
Or, you can simply relax on a gorgeous beach. I highly recommend this option for those who just want to hit the pool/beach and don’t want to bother with hotel lobbies, elevators, fawning service etc. For my mother and me, nothing beats waking up and walking straight out to the balmy air, palms, pool, powdery white sand and turquoise Caribbean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Club Resorts is comprised of two beachfront properties, Ocean Club and Ocean Club West, located one mile apart on stunning Grace Bay Beach. The intimate resorts offer a “Stay at one, Play at both” opportunity for guests to enjoy all the services and amenities of both. An easy stroll down a beautiful stretch of beach is the popular way to get between the two resorts, although guests can be chauffeured by a complimentary shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, West Indies, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ocean Club West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Club West Hotel Providenciales
- Ocean Hotel Providenciales
- Ocean Hotel West
- Ocean Club West Turks Caicos
- Ocean Club West Turks And Caicos/Providenciales