Ocean Club West
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 21 May 2009

Wow! Almost a year later and I'm still gobsmacked. I've seen quite a bit of the Caribbean, but nothing comes even close! It's not the most exciting vacation I've ever had (great for divers and snorkelers), but where else do you find puddles on the street after a rainshower, and they're turquoise?! Ocean Club West ... well we saw better, but not in our price range. It was perfect for us and the beach was to die for ... not sure why anyone would use a pool when the beach is soooo superb! The hotel suite (2 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, kitchen and living room + sunporch, fully equipped including washer/dryer with cleaning and towel service) was exactly what we wanted, steps from the beach with a view of the water from our living room. I hope to go back one day soon!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 May 2009

My husband and I booked a stay at OCW at the last minute after changing our travel plans from Mexico to Turks and Caicos. We were not sure what to expect, but were pleasantly surprised. I knew the beaches and water would be amazing, but we really liked our suite as well. We had only reserved a junior suite, but were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite. It was a very large suite with 2 bedrooms, one upstairs and 2 1/2 bathrooms, a kitchen, living area, and 2 awesome balconies. We walked in the room and my mouth just fell open at how nice the room was. I was expecting a smaller junior suite probably with no ocean view, but got a much larger room with a spectacular ocean view. The hotel grounds were also very well taken care of and the beach was very nice as well. We didn't spend time at the pool as we prefer the beach, but it also looked very nice. There is only one restaraunt at OCW, but there are plenty of dining choices within a short distance from the hotel. Overall we really enjoyed our stay here and would return to Ocean Club West.

Highly recommend taking the Ocean Outback adventure trip with Captain Bill. It was the best thing we did while on vacation. He leaves from Sapodilla bay and takes you snorkeling, exploring a pirate cave and to a secluded beach. Lunch, and plenty of beer, soda, or rum punch was also available. Plus Captain Bill is full of personality and makes the trip so much fun.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chandrac
Reviewed 15 May 2009

This trip we booked a two bedroom suite and were so happy with it! The kids had their own space up stairs with two twin beds and there own full bath. Downstairs there was the main living space, 2 patio/baloncy (one off of master suite), and 1 1/2 baths, laundry. nearly 1600 sq! Plenty of room to hang out in (I've added photos of the suite.) For the life of me i cant remember our # but my master bedroom balcony looked directly at Villa Del Mar. I love OCW! No, it's not Four Seasons, or Ritz. I compare it to a Marriott level hotel except you get Condo style suites that make you feel like home. You can walk to the new grocery store from OCW (very nice walk.) And you can walk to some decent restaurants, Bella Luna is one of our favorites. We always rent a car and again went to our favorite spots, Long Bay Beach and Taylor Bay.
This time we took a beach cruise w/Silver Seas. Very fun! Stopped to snorkel and then visited an island to look for sand dollars. Amazing trip. Amazing place! I want to live there!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank giggyice
Reviewed 27 April 2009

Danger at Ocean West club -Beware of a vague telephone message to call your airline.
This is a scam to increase the revenue of the telecom company.
If you receive a message to call your airline instead e-mail your travel agent to check up on your flights. You may also subscribe to automated departure notification.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank beenthereMontreal
Reviewed 10 April 2009

Love Turks & Caicos and OCW.
Condo has all the comforts of home and best beach in the world!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2009

My boyfriend and I just returned from our first stay at OCW, and we were very happy with our experience. The staff was great, from the front office to the clearning staff to the restaurant waits staff. The shuttle between the OCW and its sister property, OC "East", was very helfpul, and the Opus Wine & Grill at OC East is fantastic! Moreover, Grace Gourmet (a grocery store just a notch below Whole Foods) opened March 28 and is only two short blocks from the OCW. OCW is a nice blend between a "condo" style property and a more full-service hotel. We definitely plan to return!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pd123
Reviewed 1 April 2009

Hello Everyone.

Spent another wonderful week in Provo, Feb. 28th March 7th. Stayed for the first time at Ocean Club West. We usually stay in a villa on the other side of the island, however this trip was just my daughter and I.

We rented apartment number 516 from Keith through VRBO. Wonderful apartment. It was a spacious one room studio, very comfortable. It had a nice screened in porch facing the pool and a really well stocked kitchen. Keith's place has the added benefit of a laptop, personal wireless system, two phones, a cordless for taking around the island with you and one with a new york number for making calls to home for free(!) and accepting calls from the states for a low or no charge for your family and friends. This worked out really great for me as my husband and younger daughter were at home and we talked each night, no charge!

Ocean Club West itself was a great place to stay. The grounds were really well kept up. The pool was one of the best on the island and the staff was very friendly. When we were there the week was quite breezy and we spent more time around the pool as it was protected by the buildings. I loved the beach but many times it was too windy for comfort. Should say, have been to Turks many times and this was the only trip where wind was consistently strong.

We ate in more this trip but still enjoyed a night at Coyaba, our favorite restaurant on this island. Cannot go without getting that amazing gnocchi appetizer. We also had lunch at the really great sushi place in the Salt Mills, can't remember the name right now, but good sushi, even by NYC standards. The pizza at Pizza Pizza was yummy but the slice of chocolate cake I had there was unexpectedly wonderful! If you don't mind spending the money go over for an evening drink at the Anacaona bar. The $18 raspberry mojito was something special. It's right next door to the resort and the atmosphere is wonderful right at sunset. Private bed/seats for guests and lanterns in the trees. Very expensive but quite luxurious.

Very relaxing trip and sad to think of waiting a year to return.

Stamps