“Amazing beach, wonderful rooms and staff!”

The Venetian on Grace Bay
Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Chandler, AZ
“Amazing beach, wonderful rooms and staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

This was our second trip to Grace Bay and our second stay at the Venetian. The staff here are so friendly. The location here is great. Far away from the really crowded places but you can still walk to the beach restaurants close by. It is truly paradise. You won't to leave. The staff can arrange all reservations for meals and activities while you are here. They can arrange for your rental car, too. It is highly recommended to make a few restaurant reservations before you arrive. They book up fast. Coco Bistro, especially.

Room Tip: There is no restaurant on site. Kitchens are well equipped so you can cook many of your own meals...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Natalie J
GMTuscanyResortTurks, General Manager at The Venetian on Grace Bay, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Natalie J - how wonderful it was to host you at our resort - we really enjoyed your second stay with us and look forward to your third visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Turkish first
Hartford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

If you are not familiar with it, Grace Bay Beach is the nicest beach I have ever seen. Powdery white sand and warm, clean, blue water. It is inside the reef so usually quite calm. The Venetian, the newer sister to the Tuscany, enjoys a favorable location on the beach. Facing the water you can walk the beach to the left for miles, passing numerous resorts. You can also walk to the right along unbuilt stretches of the shore. There are plenty of lounges and umbrellas for guests. The beach is probably a little quieter than at the larger resorts but it was perfect for us. No noisy activities, just relaxing by the ocean or the large lovely pool.

Two elevators so never a wait. The units are large and immaculate. The huge master and two other bedrooms (queen and twins) each have their own bath and there is also a half bath. TV in each bedroom plus the living area with a large number of US and Canadian channels. The kitchen is fully equipped with high end appliances. There is a dining table and second one on the balcony. The screened in balcony is great to relax and watch the sun set over the ocean.

The staff did a great job of keeping everything sparkling clean and were very helpful in arranging tours and anything else we needed. We rented a car and there is covered parking to keep the car out of the sun.

True, there is no restaurant on premises but just on the other side of the Tuscany next door is the Ocean Club. They have a high end restaurant (Opus) and a casual restaurant and bar between the pool and the beach that serves breakfast and sandwiches, burgers, salads and light meals for lunch and dinner.

I miss it so much and can’t wait to go back.

Room Tip: Units ending in 04 (03 for penthouse floor) enjoy not only the ocean view our front but a wall of wi...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank brookerme
Thanks for your review on our resort - your comments on our quiet 'East Grace Bay' location, large, spacious and modern guest suites, and friendly staff are spot on, and we're glad that you enjoyed our 'Grace Bay experience' at The Venetian.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

This was our fifth trip to Providenciales. We usually stay at the other end of the beach, but one of our friends raved about The Venetian, and now we know why.

Nestled on a spectacular stretch of Grace Bay Beach, this stunning resort makes you feel like you've landed on your own private island. Some days, especially in the mornings, we were alone
on the beach. Talk about being spoiled beyond belief!

And the spoiling didn't stop there. The units- 3 bedrooms that can be locked off for smaller families or groups- have every top of the line amenity possible from Frette linens on the beds to granite counters in the kitchen.

There's a huge screened in porch that lets you take in the ocean views without getting bitten up. Ahh, heaven!

The units are perfectly maintained, immaculate, and just what you would expect from such an amazing property. Staff is very helpful,(thank you to Colleen and Terria!) and full of excellent recommendations for excursions, rentals, and restaurants.

Anyway, we had such a great stay, we've already reserved for next year! I just hope I can wait that long!!

Room Tip: Rooms that end in 01 have side windows that face The Tuscany. If this is a concern, ask for the midd...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank WWK
Many of our guests reserve a return trip for the following year, so we're so happy that you're one of them (and also glad to hear you enjoyed our screened in porches, it makes outdoor living so easy!)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

Last year our family stayed at The Tuscany. It was truly our Best vacation ever! This year we stayed at The Venetian and now our BEST Vacation was even BETTER!! It has taken me some time to determine whether it is Turks and Caicos or The Tuscany/Venetian staff that make it so special. As you've read from the prior reviews, the island is truly magnificent. The beautiful sunsets each day, the many different hues of blue, the perfect weather all make Turks and Caicos a fantastic vacation. What makes it the BEST vacation is not just the truly upscale accommodations of either property, but the staff who truly want your stay to be the most special ever! They take an interest in what you need and want during your stay.
This was my 50th birthday celebration. I knew I would Love any unit in which we would stay. When we arrived after a full day of traveling and greeted after 10:00 p.m. by Terria, I knew they still place on emphasis on their guests. I was not expecting to be brought up to the Penthouse for our visit! How special is that!! Arthur, our driver last year and this year, was the last one to see us before our departure and the first one to see us upon our return. He even brought us back to the airport this visit and we departed exchanging hugs (I even shed some tears)! Coleen was so attentive to our reservations and her follow up was exceptional. They are there to make your vacation the BEST ever and they deliver!!

Room Tip: All of the units face the ocean, so any one will be perfect.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Girlygirl2602
Our team at both resorts work tirelessly to ensure that every single detail is taken care of for our valued guests, so it's very rewarding for us to read reviews such as yours. We'll be reading your review at our upcoming staff meeting and will be giving each other high 5's - thanks again!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

This is a very long overdue trip report (we stayed in October) but wanted to express how lovely the Venetian is to our fellow travellers. The property is immaculately clean and well taken care of and the units are absolutely what you would expect from a five star property. We travel around the world extensively and would put this property in our top ten for 'condo-like' residences. Be aware there is no restaurant on the premises but you are a short cab ride away from downtown and within walking distance on the beach to many of the top places to eat in Provo. We appreciated the quiet at the complex more than we would have if there had been an eating establishment making it private and serene.

No need to rave about the beach if you have been to T&C before but the water and the beach were both incredible......makes me want to plan to go back right away just thinking of it!!!

Our unit was furnished in top notch furnishings and appointed with top-grade appliances and amenities. Master bedroom was extremely spacious as were the additional bedrooms in the unit - we stayed for almost ten days and thought about extending our stay since we enjoyed it so much! Daily maid service was spectacular and very thorough-everything was spotless after a visit from the two lovely ladies Rose and Marlene (I would hire Marlene to bring back to Canada if she would come as she is a complete rock star!!). We never had to ask for anything more than once and the whole Venetian team was friendly and accommodating.

As for the management, Colleen and Terria were both very welcoming and helpful during our stay and I cannot say enough about how they both made sure that we enjoyed our trip. Collen recommended an excellent chef for us to come and cook for us while we were there and he turned out to be fabulous (Chef Alex) - a nice guy and fantastic food. She also hooked us u[p with a great taxi driver (Skipper) who showed us all around the island and was a quick phone call away for any drive that we needed. As well, there was a power outage (Lightening had struck a power generator) while we were there and Terria handled the inconvenience like a true professional (service like we only see at the St. Regis or Four Seasons). Well done Terria - we loved your professional demeanour and ability to make things happen...you are an excellent GM.

We will definitely be back to our island paradise and bring other friends and most certainly, stay at the Venetian. A special place, with special people, amazing accommodations and of course, a spectacular beach.

Room Tip: As others have commented, units ending in '1' are right beside the Tuscany....we just kept o...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank VintageLLB
VenetianOnGraceBay, General Manager at The Venetian on Grace Bay, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
What a joy to have read your detailed review! And so delighted that you've enjoyed the Venetian 'experience'. It's nice to see that the effort that we put in for our valued and cherished guests are recognized and enjoyed. Award winning Grace Bay beach is definitely the icing on the cake and we appreciate you taking the time to write about your fond memories of our staff, and your evening 'in' with Chef Alex. We will look forward to hosting you again real soon.
Hamilton,Ontario,Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

Imagine so many colours of blue you can't count them all. Stillness. No annoying noises of water sports and minimal tourists. Time is for talking, reading, meditating and enjoying nature. Provo is not full of night life and high end shopping (like some Caribbean islands) so not for everyone. But it is very special.
We stayed in The Venetian and it was quite lovely. All are full condo units facing the beach. Unit 201 is a corner unit. It is clean, modern and has every appliance you could ever wish for. Units also have WiFi. The views are spectacular. It was very quiet. The pool area is at the front of the building (i.e. not on the beach side) so it gives two different settings for relaxation. Luckily there is a grocery store 5 minutes away (by car) and a larger one about 10 minutes away. Having a car is a must and that can easily be arranged with a agency by the airport.
The staff at The Venetian was very helpful, in fact, all people we met on the island were very friendly.
We did a kayak excursion with Big Blue and it was much fun-a good workout and interesting going into the mangrove swamps-take insect repellent for the sand fleas!!!! Dive Provo is handy for those that want to scuba. All companies seem to do hotel pickups and they are on time.
All in all I would go back again and plan to do more hiking and kayaking. I would definitely stay at The Venetian again as it is a lovely condo hotel with proximity to other places along Grace Bay.

Room Tip: As a rule I prefer corner units such as 201. All units have sea views. I also like to be able to wal...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank peridoc
Frisco, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

I purchased my stay via Skyauction for a good deal, excellent actually! However I thought we were staying in a nice oceanfront room, no, we stayed in a gorgeous, spacious, floor to ceiling windows, oceanfront 1 bedroom. The master bathroom is the size of my kitchen at home. Needless to say we were quite pleased, and did a happy dance after the Venetian rep left us. The kitchen was fully stocked with linens, dishes, pots, cooking utensils (even a waffle maker!) bosh appliances, granite counter and bar, dishwasher, trash compactor, banana hanger, every kind of glass for every kind of wine and spirit! They even provided a bag of tci coffee. The decor was modern and bright.

I do my research, but I struggled to figure out what I was getting with this hotel, so here is my feedback based on what I wanted to know... 4 units per floor, 2 end/corner units per floor, and two middle units per floor. 6 floors of this layout, with 7th floor being I believe it was 2 or 3 penthouse units. The penthouse units are the only ones with balconies that offer both screened and-unscreened balconies. Well not exactly, the first floor units' screened porches open up to a patio. So the whole place is about 26/27 units, pretty boutique. Each unit is a bedroom with master bath and hallway half bath, with a lock-off option of two other bedrooms each with a bath. All units face right over the ocean, the pool is behind the hotel. At first I was not keen on that, but quickly realized it was a good thing for multiple reasons. A shaded area in the afternoon, quiet, allows units to be right on the beach, no loud pool goers interrupting your balcony time.

The screened in porch was huge! Two loungers of comfy quality and matching set of chairs and side table, as well as an 8 person table. Plenty of room. The best was leaving the patio doors open at night to listen to the ocean, no worry of bugs with the screened balcony. A/C was included but we did not need it at night. Also very private, you can't see your neighbor on their balcony. We'll units with an 01 can see the Tuscany folks on theirs not too far away.

From what I gather this place is selling the units, and the owners have the Venetian rent the units. Not all units have been sold and some are empty still. (Yes, I looked in some windows!) There are restaurants literally a couple minutes walk away, not having one on site means no outsiders on the property. We had an assigned covered parking spot, and the property was gated. A small beachfront cafe might have been nice for snacks. Or maybe basic snacks for purchase in reception. We had a car which was nice to go out. But honestly anyone in half way decent shape could easily get by with bicycles. I think they either rent them or have them for use for guests as there are several new ones in the garage. Saw paddle boards in there too.

We walked the entire beach and decided this was the place for us. It is at the north end of Grace Bay, so we had lovely sunsets just in front of our balcony. The beach was not crowded at all. I swear the sand and water were nicer at our end too - it seemed to slightly change around Grace Bay Club. We had no issues getting an umbrella and lounge chairs, even late morning, they simply brought out more when more guests were out.

I wanted a massage when we arrived for check-in, Colleen made all the arrangements and we simply walked down to the massage room. She will also come to your room too. The massage prices are the same as where I live. The staff are very professional and helpful, nice people. Daily maid service is part of the stay. Also TV in bedrooms and living room with cable.

I think this hotel would be good for families with young children because of the screened porches. However I hestitate to say this because it was so quiet and peaceful, I really enjoyed the childless environment. The beach was even quiet and peaceful. Just a jaunt south makes you appreciate the boutique feel. I had some family staying at the sands as well as Grace Bay Club, so I had some rooms to compare. Ours rocked in comparison.

Only negative... Units ending in 01 are right next to the Tuscany. However not for floors 6 and 7. So you basically have these floor to ceiling windows facing Tuscany guests' floor to ceiling windows. The light white sheers were lovely and allowed light in, so not terribly bad. If you get a unit ending in 04 nothing has been built yet and it is private and overlooks a huge stretch of empty beach with some villas in the distance. However if you have a unit ending in 02 or 03 then you have no side windows. One could argue having windows with sheers is better than none.

Room Tip: Ending in 01 or 04 for wrap around windows. Unit 601 probably best as it looks overtop of Tuscany do...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank 1FourFun
VenetianOnGraceBay, Manager at The Venetian on Grace Bay, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
It was a pleasure hosting you and we're happy to hear that you had a great experience with us here on Grace Bay beach - will look forward to hosting you again real soon!