“Just average”

Ranked #43 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Reading, United Kingdom
“Just average”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I stayed for one night in this hotel as my connecting flight to Grand Turk was not due to arrive until the following morning. I arrived at around 11pm and the service was very quick. I got into my room within five minutes of arriving at the hotel which was good. The room was a fairly decent size and the room had air conditioning which was great and the room was nice and tidy. Everything sounds great so far until I discovered a giant 'blood stain' on my duvet just before I went to bed. This ruined my night at the hotel as without the duvet. Also the showers weren't very good, hardly any water comes out and the hotel only provide small bars of soap. I would have complained but it was too late at night and I needed to leave the hotel first thing in the morning. As this is the nearest hotel to the airport I would recommend staying if you need to get to the airport early in the morning etc but if you can find something better that's not too far away then I would go for something else.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank JR108

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 17 February 2013

We arrived here at 9pm for a short overnight stay before our 8am flight to Salt Cay. They picked us up at the airport. The check-in was smooth and welcoming. They helped us up the stairs with all our luggage, thank goodness.

The room is very simple and the furnishings a little worn, adequate for a one night stay. The a/c worked well. Just some bar soap in the bathroom, nothing else. The toilet was not cleaned thoroughly (we were too tired to complain and deal with all that was involved with complaining). The smoke detectors were in the top drawer of the dresser. The bed looked clean and fresh made, I hope. We had a good night sleep after a visit downstairs to the little bar/restaurant where we had good conversation with the gentleman working there. They helped with our luggage and shuttled us to the airport at 7am for our flight.

This property has good potential as it is very close to the airport and has a bar/restaurant on site. They just need to fix the rooms up a little and pay more attention to cleaning. I would consider staying here again for a quick overnight because of the location and hope that things were better.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wrinkldogs

Travellers are raving about these Providenciales hotels

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 3 March 2012

After a long nightmare of a vacation we arrived at airport hotel. We had to go to from Grand Turk to Miami as fast as possible after a forced exit from a cruise. Hotels location is great, very close to the airport. Staff was so friendly that they drove us to a local supermarket!

Rooms are very big and have AC. The beds are as far as I know very comfortabel, I did not sleep for 48 hours though.

Great spot to crash if you'r ever planning to visit Providenciales!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Mitchel v
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Upon arrival to the property at about 9pm, I noticed that it was well lit and clean. The lobby area is comfortable and the staff that checked me in were very friendly and accommodating.

The room was clean and orderly...and large. Decent sized rooms with decent amenities. small desk with lamp, and wireless internet. Great value for the money.

Just a few miles away would be the touristy area, with all the expensive shops and restaurants...very nice area and seems really new. However, on the property, was a good restaurant with good food and reasonable prices. I spent less on dinner here than I did on a small lunch in touristy area.

You really can't beat the value...in all the places internationally that I have traveled, for the money this one is near the top of the list.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Jamie B
Miami
Reviewed 11 December 2006

Its located in one of the most convenient locations. Its just a couple blocks away from the airport. It felt good to just come right off the plane and be in a room relaxing within minutes. What was surprising is the fact that although they are so close to the hotel they offere a shuttle service. So in a nut shell I got to stay at a convenient location, a clean room, shuttle service and also car rental service is optional at an affordable rate. When I checked they were the most affordable.

• Liked — I liked the fact that it was the closest hotel to the airport
  • Disliked — No pool
  • Tips/Secrets — When you get there ask for Phill. He goes the extra mile to see that you get 'anything' you ask for
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9 Thank renwic
Also consider these accommodations in or near Providenciales
Neptune Villas
Reef Residences on Grace Bay
Reef Residences on Grace Bay
#34 of 45 in Providenciales
South Caicos Ocean & Beach Resort

Been to Airport Hotel TCI? Share your experiences!