It was my first time visiting Turks and Caicos, and I did a lot of research on hotels before deciding on Alexandra Resort. Reviews seemed great, so why not? The value was great compared to all the other resorts I was checking out.
I stayed from Sept 11-15, right in the middle of "hurricane season". Luckily for me, I didn't get to experience any of that. The weather was beautiful the whole time with the exception of a 5 minute rain shower on one of my nights. The resort is right on the beach on Grace Bay. The view from the front desk was beautiful. The staff was very nice and very accommodating. I was very impressed by their hospitality. Johana at the front desk set up an appointment for a massage and snorkel tour with Caicos Dreams Tour for the very next day. I had a studio suite which was perfect for me since I was traveling alone. Not much of a view, as I was in a corner in the Lady Rose building but I didn't plan on staying in my room. The room was very clean, the bed so comfortable.
Since it was off-season, it wasn't very busy at the resort, which I ended up enjoying a lot. I was always able to grab a beach chair with an umbrella every day I was there at any time. The pool area was nice, and it has a swim up bar. But I preferred the beach to the pool. It was quiet, no loud noise or partying that would bother some people. Because I was traveling alone, safety was one of the priorities for me. I had no problems with that here, I felt pretty secure there.
Altogether, I had an amazing time at the Alexandra Resort. If I were to visit again, I would stay here. The only downside I experienced was that there was not very good wi-fi in the room. If I was lying in bed, the service would disconnect. I did read a manager comment that they are in the process of upgrading it, so I was expecting it when I got there. Great people, great staff, very nice accommodations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Grace Bay Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, The Alexandra offers the dream vacation of a lifetime; spacious accommodations, warm friendly service, and amazing oceanfront dining. Guest can also take our complimentary dining shuttle to our two on-island sister resorts to enjoy their restaurants facilities. The Alexandra provides a delightful Caribbean atmosphere, fantastic ocean views, powder white sand, and activities and amenities including complimentary non motorized water sports, tennis courts, free use of pedal bikes, and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alexandra Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra Resort Providenciales
- Alexandra Hotel Providenciales
- Alexandra Resort Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales