Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“The Resort I Judge Others By.”
Review of Alexandra Resort

Alexandra Resort
Ranked #22 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Spent a week in paradise. I will return. Was continually happily surprised with the quality of the food and drinks. Every time we ate our meal we would comment that they couldn't possibly do better, and they always did. The service of the staff spoils you for any place else. What a wonderful location! There is beauty all around.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank mmorgan47
Resort_Team, Manager at Alexandra Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

We very much appreciate receiving your outstanding review. We are delighted to know that you will stay with us again on a future trip to Turks and Caicos, and we look forward to having the opportunity to be of service again.

There are newer reviews for Alexandra Resort

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed 4 nights in November and had a great time at the Alexandra. The rooms include kitchen efficiencies which are helpful for breakfast foods and snacks before diving and all had patios with outdoor seating. While not outsized, it was roomy enough for two. Everything was clean and very well maintained. I can't say enough about the service. Everyone at the front desk was very helpful as well as the staff at the beach and pool.

On one day we walked the entire beach of a Grace Bay. While not as outwardly extravagant as some of the resorts, the Alexandra appeared to be one of the nicest. There are many that look and feel dated.

An added bonus is the Mango Reef restaurant right at the location. It's a great spot right on the beach and the food is excellent.

Room Tip: Building 4 is furthest from the beach with pool views.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for acknowledging the great value you received at the Alexandra Resort, particularly since you walked the 12 mile length of Grace Bay Beach and had the opportunity to see how other resorts compare to the Alexandra. We appreciate receiving your positive review.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I really loved this resort! If you book your trip here you can't go wrong!

-Very clean updated rooms with kitchenettes stocked with silverware, dishes, bottle opener.
-Perfect beach access
-Great restaurant (Mango Reef)
-Great balconies
-Helpful, friendly staff
-Quiet
-Nice comfortable bed and sheets
-Incredible price

Only disappointment: No hot tub. I mistakely thought the kiddy pool was the hot tub in the photos of the resort. A hot tub would have been nice when the clouds moved in and the wind picked up!

This island surpasses any possible expectations you might have. We saw tons of sea life snorkeling off the beach areas and did the excursion with Caico's Dream Tours. I would highly recommend booking anything you can with Caico's Dream Tours. So much fun to hang out with 'Buff' who was our guide for the snorkel trip.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Brandi W
Resort_Team, Manager at Alexandra Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

We are thrilled you had a great stay at the Alexandra Resort and thanks for taking the time to share the many positive aspects of your trip. We continually strive to introduce services and amenities that are of interest to our guests, so we will make note of your suggestion for a hot tub.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Enjoyed our stay in July 2012 so much we came back Nov 2013 without looking elsewhere. The resort fills our needs of being non-commercialized, quiet, with warm, accommodating staff. Roll that together with the beach, Mango Reef and spotless grounds and who could ask for more. First trip we splurged for the luxury oceanfront room (2201) which was unbelievable and this trip we thought we would save a few $$ and stay in a pool/garden view, we were booked into a top floor (3502) the room and view surpassed our expectations. Both units were well supplied with upgraded kitchen items and modern décor. The rooms were spotless and well maintained by friendly employees throughout our stay.

Lots of great places to eat within walking distance but would still recommend a rental car to fully explore the island.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with the beachfront rooms but an upperfloor of the other buildings are very nice...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for once again staying at the Alexandra Resort. Your repeat patronage is the ultimate compliment we can receive. We are pleased that you enjoyed your pool view room. Please stay with us again on a future visit.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

From the moment JOHANNA checked me in I was made to feel @ home !!! The best trained staff that I have ever expeirenced !! Al was ready to answer &help all guest with their questions. The staff truly enjoyed their jobs. Most items are imported , therefore meals can be pricey.Restaurants I would I would visit again are TIKI HUT, DANNY BOUYS, HEMMINWAYS and the hotels own MANGO REEF. Thanks to the staff for treating me to their Island .... best laid back vacation ever ! Don't 4get THE POTCAKES !

Room Tip: I enjoyed the pool view , the beach was a 3-5 minute walk.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jerry w
Resort_Team, Manager at Alexandra Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank you for your kind review and we are thrilled to read you had a fabulous vacation. Our team works hard to provide exceptional service, and they appreciate receiving your compliments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

The Alexandra Resort recently provided accommodations for our veterinary team from the US, while we were working with the Turks & Caicos Animal Welfare Committee. The Alexandra took such good care of us and ensured that we all had individual suites and the only the best service, all at no charge! This is a business that I hope you will support, as that support goes directly back in to the community.

That aside, this was the most comfortable and clean hotel room I have ever stayed in. The bed was perfect, the furnishings were beautiful. There was also a really large, separate bathtub that gave me bubble bath dreams after retuning from a long day at the clinic. There was a full kitchen in suite, so I was able to prepare a few meals on my own. There was also an over-sized patio that included some very cozy lounge chairs with ottomans and a full size outdoor dining table! The housekeeping staff were attentive to detail and, on the occasion that I ran into them, incredibly helpful. I don't believe I ever saw a member of the staff without a genuine smile on their face. Maybe it's the ocean air.

The grounds were beautiful and well-maintained and the pool was just perfect, with a quiet swim up bar. I went to the poolside restaurant to have a cup of coffee one morning and the woman working the bar was amazing. She made me a fantastic cup of coffee, just the way I wanted it, and even managed to track down a pack of cigarettes for me when I was out.

The on-property restaurant, The Mango Reef, has terrific food. The variety on the menu is excellent and everything was always cooked just perfectly. The atmosphere and staff really make this place magical.

Regardless of your reason for travel, I would definitely recommend The Alexandra Resort. They run a daily shuttle to the grocery store for a small fee and really strive to ensure that you enjoy your stay. Now that my family has seen the photos, they all want to go to TCI. I will definitely be staying at The Alexandra again.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 4201, patio view of the pool and gardens. I had no issues with noise, the A/C work...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Resort_Team, Manager at Alexandra Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for your kind review. We were thrilled to support the Pets without Vets program and we are very appreciative of everything that you did to support Potcake Place during your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I was part of the team from Pets Without Vets that assisted in an island-wide free spay/neuter clinic to help with the feral dog problem in Turks and Caicos the end of October. Alexandra Resort was gracious enough to let us stay in this beautiful place at no cost to us. My room was a beautiful 1 BR poolside. It was absolutely quiet, which was much appreciated after a long day at work! I woke in the morning to the sound of the palm trees and the beautiful tradewinds blowing through the double patio doors. The kitchen was stocked with enough utensils and a coffee pot. Full-size appliances, granite countertops and lovely furnishings throughout. I can't thank the Alexandra enough for allowing us to come "home" to such a beautiful spot after working loonnnggg days! Also, a nod to Mango Reef and it's staff. Very professional and really good food! Thank you Alexandra for giving back to your community!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

We very much appreciate receiving your positive review and thank you for the work that you did with the Pets without Vets program. We played a small part in an important program and it was our privilege to have your team stay at the resort. Please stay with us again on a future visit.