“Dirty feet”

Ranked #18 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Seattle, Washington
“Dirty feet”
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

The grounds were beautiful the beach was beautiful the only negative thing was you have to wash your feet several times a day as they turn black from the floors in the room still overall good for the price

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Paradise-832
Resort_Team, Manager at Alexandra Resort, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for staying at the Alexandra Resort. We are pleased that you enjoyed your vacation but very concerned to learn that our housekeeping standards were not at the standards they should be. We normally receive excellent reviews regarding our housekeeping standards. Please know we will address this matter immediately and we appreciate you bringing it to our attention.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
College Station, Texas
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This is my 2nd time coming to this resort. I came by myself last December (2012), and I had a fantastic time at this location. There was nothing I could complain about. This time, I came back to the same resort with my wife.

The resort is kept very clean, and is very well manicured. One thing I love about this place is that it is not super packed like the Beaches resort nearby. It is very quiet on the beach, and in the resort. I also see other people occasionally complaining about the staff in some reviews - I have found them to all be very nice and helpful during both my stays here. I paid extra attention to that after reading those comments, and I must disagree with them. The staff is great!

Only negative experience I had this time was with the room closet safe. Maintenance came to look at it, but it still didn't work right. We just worked around it - 15 min wait before it could be relocked after opening. Not a huge deal.

Once again - the Spa was wonderful. I get massages monthly here where I live at, and I so wish the woman who worked there lived here in Texas. I actually made my reservations via email before I even arrived, and I went two times again. The main woman working there does a fantastic deep tissue massage. I have back issues, and she solved a pain I was having during my first massage - problem went away for the remainder of my stay there. Even my wife went two times to the spa as well.

If I have the chance to go to Turks and Caicos again, I would definitely stay at the Alexandra Resort again. It would automatically be my 1 choice on the island.

4 Thank JWalker1000
We appreciate receiving your kind review, particularly about our customer service and housekeeping standards. It sounds like you received excellent treatments at Spa Sanay and we hope other guests will take advantage of our intimate spa when they visit. We look forward to your next visit.
WAYNESVILLE
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This place is a great place to stay to enjoy the beautiful beach. It is relatively quiet but offers all the facilities to make your stay memorable. Grounds are well maintained, pool is nice, but you'll spend most of your time at the beach. Restaurant on the grounds is fine but you may want to check out others for variety. Inclusion of a washer & dryer in the room is a good convenience. (bring soap).
Only one minor suggestion that I made to the management.. they could boost the free wi-fi so it was evenly accessible throughout the complex.
This is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Try for upper floor for better view.
5 Thank KEITH N
Thank you for your positive review. We are continuing to upgrade our property-wide, complimentary WIFi service and appreciate receiving your feedback. Please stay with us again.
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My wife, 2 year old son and I stayed at the Alexandra Resort in Providenciales for 6 nights over the Thanksgiving holiday. We stayed in a 1 bedroom garden view suite in the Marlyn building.
The resort was overall a great value for us and we would stay at the resort again. Here is a brief on what I feel some of the other reviews may have left out.

1. The Room - The resort has a series of buildings some newer than other but most have been renovated. Our room was a 2nd floor suite approx. 1000 sq. feet with a full kitchen, 1.5 baths, small dining and living area and a large balcony with a large dining table and lounge chairs. There is also a stacked washer and dryer in the room.

The kitchen was equipped with a full sized fridge, dishwasher, stove/oven, blender, toaster and microwave. The kitchen was well stocked with good quality utensils, cook and dishware.
The room had 1 full and 1 half updated bathrooms. The full bath had two sinks, a tub and a stand alone shower.

The living area had a couch and a 32" flat screen TV. The bedroom was pretty small and the bed is smaller than a queen but larger than a twin, but closer to a twin. The linens was decent quality and clean.

2. Cleanliness - The room was spotless on check-in. Rooms are cleaned daily and more on request. Towels were plentiful. Our house keeping wasn't great, surfaces weren't wiped down, and tile not swept properly . I think a quick call to the front desk would have had this corrected, but we didn't make a big deal of it.

3. Pool - The pool (not heated) is a decent size with plenty of lounge chairs and shade from coconut trees. There is a lot of vegetation around the pool and that makes for a pool lot of debris, but the pool is constantly being cleaned. The hotel can benefit with removing some of the vegetation right around the pool.

4. Beach - The resort is right on grace bay. The beach is beautiful and the water is exactly likely the pictures aqua marine. The beach is short is debt, so be careful with small children, the water comes up to 75% of beach at high tide. The water was fairly rough during the end of November and I my son got easily scared by the strong waves. I did not feel comfortable taking my 2 year old out too far. There are other parts on gracebay that are more suitable for children.

5. Service - The overall service at the hotel was good. Everyone was for the most part helpful and polite. The front desk staff can seem short on the phone, but they are better in person. The service at the Mango Reef was exceptional.

6. Island Musts:
---Go to the Fish Fry and try a little bit of all the food.
---Go to Mr. Groupers and have the Coconut crusted grouper. The island has the best grouper I have ever had. If you don't like seafood in the states, you may love the grouper in TCI.
---Go snorkeling at coral gardens. Great for all and lots of fish to sea close to shore. 5 minutes from the hotel.

7. Driving the island is simple and from end to end takes no more than 30 minutes. I would suggest this as a half-day trip

Summary:
This is not a luxury hotel like the 7 stars, regent palms, grace bay club etc, but those hotels are easily 600 and up per night. We paid under 250 /night and thought this was a great value for what we got.

Room Tip: If you have a family stick to the 1 bedroom suite. The studio is much smaller and doesn't have...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank N M
Resort_Team, Manager at Alexandra Resort, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for celebrating your Thanksgiving getaway at the Alexandra Resort, and for sharing positive feedback. We also appreciate receiving your suggestions to improve services at the resort, and we will immediately address your comments regarding daily housekeeping standards. For the benefit of other readers, we do wish to clarify that the beds in our one bedroom suites are queen size. Normally the beach in front of the Alexandra is very calm, and it is unfortunate that we had some unusually rough water conditions while you were here. We do hope that you will stay with us again.
Cheltenham
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Just returned from 10 days at The Alexandra and it was pretty much perfect. Our suite was great, the staff were great and super friendly, the attached restaurant and bar was excellent and the beach was always quiet. Using the bikes to get about on was also really handy for a quick bit of shopping - do be aware though that buying groceries inTurks and Caicos is not a cheap option.

For us, this was a winning combination and suited us perfectly. We walked down to Bight Reef a few times (only about 10 mins along the beach) and each time we walked past the enormo-resort that is Beaches with it's hoards of people and loud music, we commented on how lucky we were to be staying where we were.

To be honest, before making this trip we'd never heard of Turks and Caicos and we took a bit of a punt on The Alexandra. Having spoken to other people staying there and at other resorts, we feel we got the best match for us first time. We will be going back to Turks and Caicos (saving will start now!) and The Alexandra will be the first place we look at.

4 Thank Total13
We are thrilled to read that the Alexandra Resort was a perfect resort for your vacation. Thanks for your positive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I took a beautiful woman to Turks and Caicos for her 30th birthday and came home with a fiancé! Both of us are well travelled with different experiences all over the world and we both felt that this was our best vacation ever. The beach, the water, the sand are absolutely perfect. The sunset every night, the sound of the waves and the beautiful local people make this heaven on earth.
The Mango Reef is absolutely amazing. We ate their most of the time, went to a pig roast (leave that one alone), ate at Somewhere, Coco Bistro (amazing setting) and possibly the highlight was the local Fish Fry on Thursday night... DON'T miss this.
We stayed in room 2202 and it was 10 times nicer then we expected. Two bedrooms, three bathrooms, double wide ocean front balcony and a super comfy bed.
Anderson, Mikey, Yohanna were absolutely amazing every day and the casual fun around the bar was great every night. The drinks were always excellent and the quality of the alcohol was perfect. Mojitos have a nice punch.
We rented a car one day and drove around the whole island quite easily. Joanna used the spa on her birthday and said it was one of the best massages she has had. Pretty good considering that is what she does for a living.
The only negative thing that happened on our trip was our iphone5 was stolen and the police weren't overly helpful. The management at the resort put in an effort, comped us on some meals and showed genuine concern but honestly, shame on us for having our phone out in paradise.
I will recommend this island and this resort to everyone I know and we will be back!

Room Tip: Pay extra and get the ocean front room.
1 Thank Dan D
Byron, Illinois
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Spent a week in paradise. I will return. Was continually happily surprised with the quality of the food and drinks. Every time we ate our meal we would comment that they couldn't possibly do better, and they always did. The service of the staff spoils you for any place else. What a wonderful location! There is beauty all around.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank mmorgan47
We very much appreciate receiving your outstanding review. We are delighted to know that you will stay with us again on a future trip to Turks and Caicos, and we look forward to having the opportunity to be of service again.