“Already planning my next stay!”
Review of Alexandra Resort

Alexandra Resort
Ranked #20 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Already planning my next stay!”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

What an amazing resort - from the moment I arrived, the staff was incredible. So friendly and helpful! I went for a last minute getaway by myself, and didn't worry about my safety at all. I chose to go in September because it was low season and I wanted to relax with peace and quiet - it was everything I thought it would be and then some. The grounds are well maintained, and the beach was UNREAL! I had a studio and it was more than enough for me, let alone two people. Besides, you don't (or shouldn't) be spending that much time in the room anyway. Very modern and sleek. Bed was SO comfortable and the shower was nice - my two most important requirements in a hotel room. I went on the 1/2 day snorkeling excursion twice because it was just so amazing. Although I snorkel, I would say it's worth the price for just the 4 hour boat ride around the islands! Diving for conch and then eating conch salad made right there on the spot was awesome! Because I had family who had been previously, I knew groceries would be very, VERY expensive and was told I should pack a lot of things to bring with me... so I brought my own Nalgene bottle (to refill), microwave popcorn, peanuts, cliff bars, granola, coffee, sweetener, etc. I then went to the grocery store and bought milk, cheese, gallons of purified water, bagels and cream cheese, soup, and fresh fruit and bags of baby carrots, spinach greens and salad dressing. I had MORE than enough food, and even had to leave some behind. I did go out to eat for dinner twice - walked a few hotels over to Bay Bistro & HIGHLY recommend it! Had fresh lobster tail both times... best I've ever had! Have Junior make a mango mojito for you - you won't regret it! The fitness facility is really nice - much better than I expected. There's also an onsite laundry for guests, which is free to use, and the machines are newer. I knew this ahead of time, and brought my own laundry detergent and softner - really allows for you to pack less and I always like to pack clean clothes before going home. I walked to town almost every day - takes about 20 minutes and although there's nothing to see on the way, it's a nice walk. At the end of the day, I can't say enough about this hotel and my experience there... it was amazing and I can't wait to go back!! One word of caution - be sure to being bug spray.... I was DEVOURED by mosquitos, and now I know to come prepared. Go to Turks... and stay here!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Jeannine O
Resort_Team, Manager at Alexandra Resort, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
We very much appreciate receiving your positive review. It sounds like you had a great vacation and we hope you will stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (524)
New Rochelle, New York
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Clean, spacious, well manicured and QUIET!

My husband and I just came back from a five night stay at this resort and we were very pleased with our stay. We booked the one bedroom ocean view (not ocean front), basically the pool view. The suite was beautiful, vey modern furnishing and seemed to be updated from what the picture on their site shows. Very clean and well kept. Patio was huge and a great place to have breakfast and/ or just relax. The only complaint we had was the bed it was a bit harder than we are used to and it seemed to be a bit smaller than a queen. It was a good size kitchen so it was great to cook meals in. We took the advice of other travelers here on trip advisor and packed a bunch of food to bring with us and cook. Plenty of cooking tools to work with, a couple of bowls, some pitchers to make drinks. A coffee maker, tea kettle and even a blender. If you want more specific details on what they provide please feel free to contact me. Washer and dryer in the suite was a great bonus, was able to go home with clean close, yay!
As far as in location it was very close to the gourmet supermarket which was very convenient for those who cooked. The grounds were clean and well manicured. The beach was great, no loud groups and wasn't overcrowded. We always found chairs on the beach and I even saw them add an extra umbrella for a big family. The pool was mostly quiet but looked clean.

Staff was always friendly, we had Gladdy check us in and he was a really nice and friendly guy. House keepers were always friendly and attentive even maintenance and grounds keeper were friendly.

We had dinner on the beach at Mango reef and considering the location and atmosphere it was the most fairly priced meal. We had Davidson as our waiter and he was super friendly and attentive. Def recommend having dinner there.

If we are blessed to once again make it to TCI we will def be staying there again and I would recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Marylin building. It seemed to be updated and it was closest to the reception build...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Stephanie C
Thank you for your patronage and positive review. The Alexandra Resort is indeed a resort that offers all of the comforts of home and it sounds like you enjoyed the convenience of the full kitchen in your unit. We do hope you can stay with us again on a future visit.
Egg Harbor, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Staff, location, room - all excellent! Every staff member greeted us with a smile, and helpful advice. The room was quiet with high end finishes, and despite being billed as an interior view, we could sit on the balcony enjoy a partial view of the ocean, and the pool. The free bicyles are great for a short morning ride to Grace Bay to shop or eat. We thoroughly enjoyed the hotel restaurant for a gourmet dinner, and a delicious lunch. If you are going to Providenciales, I highly recommend the Alexandra - you want to be on the beach to fully experience the beauty of this island!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Terry H
Our entire team appreciated receiving your positive review. We’re glad you enjoyed using the complimentary pedal bikes to explore the island. Thanks for staying with us on your Turks and Caicos vacation.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

The grounds were beautiful the beach was beautiful the only negative thing was you have to wash your feet several times a day as they turn black from the floors in the room still overall good for the price

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Paradise-832
Resort_Team, Manager at Alexandra Resort, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for staying at the Alexandra Resort. We are pleased that you enjoyed your vacation but very concerned to learn that our housekeeping standards were not at the standards they should be. We normally receive excellent reviews regarding our housekeeping standards. Please know we will address this matter immediately and we appreciate you bringing it to our attention.
College Station, Texas
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This is my 2nd time coming to this resort. I came by myself last December (2012), and I had a fantastic time at this location. There was nothing I could complain about. This time, I came back to the same resort with my wife.

The resort is kept very clean, and is very well manicured. One thing I love about this place is that it is not super packed like the Beaches resort nearby. It is very quiet on the beach, and in the resort. I also see other people occasionally complaining about the staff in some reviews - I have found them to all be very nice and helpful during both my stays here. I paid extra attention to that after reading those comments, and I must disagree with them. The staff is great!

Only negative experience I had this time was with the room closet safe. Maintenance came to look at it, but it still didn't work right. We just worked around it - 15 min wait before it could be relocked after opening. Not a huge deal.

Once again - the Spa was wonderful. I get massages monthly here where I live at, and I so wish the woman who worked there lived here in Texas. I actually made my reservations via email before I even arrived, and I went two times again. The main woman working there does a fantastic deep tissue massage. I have back issues, and she solved a pain I was having during my first massage - problem went away for the remainder of my stay there. Even my wife went two times to the spa as well.

If I have the chance to go to Turks and Caicos again, I would definitely stay at the Alexandra Resort again. It would automatically be my 1 choice on the island.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank JWalker1000
We appreciate receiving your kind review, particularly about our customer service and housekeeping standards. It sounds like you received excellent treatments at Spa Sanay and we hope other guests will take advantage of our intimate spa when they visit. We look forward to your next visit.
WAYNESVILLE
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This place is a great place to stay to enjoy the beautiful beach. It is relatively quiet but offers all the facilities to make your stay memorable. Grounds are well maintained, pool is nice, but you'll spend most of your time at the beach. Restaurant on the grounds is fine but you may want to check out others for variety. Inclusion of a washer & dryer in the room is a good convenience. (bring soap).
Only one minor suggestion that I made to the management.. they could boost the free wi-fi so it was evenly accessible throughout the complex.
This is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Try for upper floor for better view.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank KEITH N
Thank you for your positive review. We are continuing to upgrade our property-wide, complimentary WIFi service and appreciate receiving your feedback. Please stay with us again.
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My wife, 2 year old son and I stayed at the Alexandra Resort in Providenciales for 6 nights over the Thanksgiving holiday. We stayed in a 1 bedroom garden view suite in the Marlyn building.
The resort was overall a great value for us and we would stay at the resort again. Here is a brief on what I feel some of the other reviews may have left out.

1. The Room - The resort has a series of buildings some newer than other but most have been renovated. Our room was a 2nd floor suite approx. 1000 sq. feet with a full kitchen, 1.5 baths, small dining and living area and a large balcony with a large dining table and lounge chairs. There is also a stacked washer and dryer in the room.

The kitchen was equipped with a full sized fridge, dishwasher, stove/oven, blender, toaster and microwave. The kitchen was well stocked with good quality utensils, cook and dishware.
The room had 1 full and 1 half updated bathrooms. The full bath had two sinks, a tub and a stand alone shower.

The living area had a couch and a 32" flat screen TV. The bedroom was pretty small and the bed is smaller than a queen but larger than a twin, but closer to a twin. The linens was decent quality and clean.

2. Cleanliness - The room was spotless on check-in. Rooms are cleaned daily and more on request. Towels were plentiful. Our house keeping wasn't great, surfaces weren't wiped down, and tile not swept properly . I think a quick call to the front desk would have had this corrected, but we didn't make a big deal of it.

3. Pool - The pool (not heated) is a decent size with plenty of lounge chairs and shade from coconut trees. There is a lot of vegetation around the pool and that makes for a pool lot of debris, but the pool is constantly being cleaned. The hotel can benefit with removing some of the vegetation right around the pool.

4. Beach - The resort is right on grace bay. The beach is beautiful and the water is exactly likely the pictures aqua marine. The beach is short is debt, so be careful with small children, the water comes up to 75% of beach at high tide. The water was fairly rough during the end of November and I my son got easily scared by the strong waves. I did not feel comfortable taking my 2 year old out too far. There are other parts on gracebay that are more suitable for children.

5. Service - The overall service at the hotel was good. Everyone was for the most part helpful and polite. The front desk staff can seem short on the phone, but they are better in person. The service at the Mango Reef was exceptional.

6. Island Musts:
---Go to the Fish Fry and try a little bit of all the food.
---Go to Mr. Groupers and have the Coconut crusted grouper. The island has the best grouper I have ever had. If you don't like seafood in the states, you may love the grouper in TCI.
---Go snorkeling at coral gardens. Great for all and lots of fish to sea close to shore. 5 minutes from the hotel.

7. Driving the island is simple and from end to end takes no more than 30 minutes. I would suggest this as a half-day trip

Summary:
This is not a luxury hotel like the 7 stars, regent palms, grace bay club etc, but those hotels are easily 600 and up per night. We paid under 250 /night and thought this was a great value for what we got.

Room Tip: If you have a family stick to the 1 bedroom suite. The studio is much smaller and doesn't have...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank N M
Resort_Team, Manager at Alexandra Resort, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for celebrating your Thanksgiving getaway at the Alexandra Resort, and for sharing positive feedback. We also appreciate receiving your suggestions to improve services at the resort, and we will immediately address your comments regarding daily housekeeping standards. For the benefit of other readers, we do wish to clarify that the beds in our one bedroom suites are queen size. Normally the beach in front of the Alexandra is very calm, and it is unfortunate that we had some unusually rough water conditions while you were here. We do hope that you will stay with us again.