“Absolutely gorgeous!”

Ranked #18 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Midland Park, New Jersey
“Absolutely gorgeous!”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

The Alexandra really is impressive. Impeccably clean rooms and property. Friendly staff. Perfect beach. Cold drinks. White powder sand. The most amazing getaway from the hustle and nonsense of everyday life. We enjoyed every minute and we'll definitely be back!! Our one and only complaint - drink service on the beach would be great!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brian C
Resort_Team, Manager at Alexandra Resort, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
We are thrilled to receive your very positive review and to read that you had such a wonderful holiday. We do not manage Mango Reef, but we will share your feedback with their team as they normally do provide F&B on the beach.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 December 2013

First I want to address the negatives though they are few and far between:

-The chairs on the beach are the plastic kind with mesh, not very comfortable.

-There is no ice machine on your floor or building, you need to go to the bar to get ice for your room.

-There is vegetation floating in the pool, the staff does a decent job of trying to clean it but its windy so leaves/dirt can build up.

-Sometimes when we went to the beach they didn't have enough towels

-If you want to work out the gym is tiny and not well air conditioned... they have free weights up to 35 pounds, 6 different types of weight machines, 1 treadmill, 1 elliptical and 1 stationary bike. It's fine for a quick workout but if there is more than 2 people lifting its tough to maneuver around.

-Almost all the staff was great but on our last day I requested, twice, a late check out at noon instead of 11am. It was met both times (by the same woman) with a resounding no. I realize they may have to get the room ready but check in is at 4pm, did they really need that extra hour to clean when it would have made our departure so much easier? Never in all my travels have I not gotten a late check out for 1 hour.

The positives far outweigh the negatives:

- We stayed in a garden studio. Every garden room in the resort has a view of the pool and at least some ocean front view (At least it looked that way to me). Our room was always cleaned, a normal size for 2 people and had a nice little kitchen area with a small fridge, microwave, toaster, blender and coffee maker (as well as all the necessary silverware/plates etc). Every room has a decent sized balcony with chairs/table and it was great to sit out and have a drink on. Also in the room is a washer/dryer which can be very helpful. Obviously the price compared to the expensive resorts is fantastic (we paid 165 a night through expedia).

-I highly suggest using one of their free bicycles and taking the 10-15 minute bike ride to the supermarket across from 7 stars resort. That is the "busy" area where they have a couple of blocks of restaurants/shops/bars etc. First off the supermarket is shockingly nice. Tons of fresh fruit, meats, pre-made and fresh-made foods as well as a large selection of everything you can think of. Think nice supermarket in the states. The bicycles have baskets though they don't hold much. We got a case of water which I managed to squeeze in and was totally worth having. The items at the supermarket are about double what you pay in the states but still a must.

-The grounds at the hotel were well kept and the pool area was large with plenty of seats for everyone.

-The restaurant (Mango Reef) on site is actually very good. In fact it was the best place we ate all trip. They have seats right on the water, the servers are nice and quick with whatever you need, and the food was quite tasty. Drinks there are a bit cheaper than when we went out. 9 for a cocktail, 6 for a corona and 4.50 for the local beer.

-The beach had plenty of chairs and they have free water sports equipment. Kayaks, paddleboards, paddleboat, floats, snorkel equipment. I have to mention the snorkel equipment isn't great. Both times my wife and I used it something was broken (strap, crack in breather etc). On a separate note take a left on the beach and walk 10-15 minutes past Beaches to Windsong Resort. In front of the hotel is a reef 15 feet off the beach. It's roped off but you can snorkel around it and see plenty of sea life etc.

Overall I thought the resort was a great value and a nice play to stay. If I return to Turks I may look for a resort a little closer to 7 Stars since that seems to be closest to the main area but overall I have very few complaints. From the room/staff/food, it was all very well done.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the two garden view buildings room 4402. Ask for a room with the lower numbers...
4 Thank Sburr17
Thank you for staying at the Alexandra Resort. We appreciated receiving your positive comments, as well as your constructive feedback. We will address your suggestions, and do apologize that for the aspects of your trip that were not satisfactory.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 10 December 2013

What an amazing resort - from the moment I arrived, the staff was incredible. So friendly and helpful! I went for a last minute getaway by myself, and didn't worry about my safety at all. I chose to go in September because it was low season and I wanted to relax with peace and quiet - it was everything I thought it would be and then some. The grounds are well maintained, and the beach was UNREAL! I had a studio and it was more than enough for me, let alone two people. Besides, you don't (or shouldn't) be spending that much time in the room anyway. Very modern and sleek. Bed was SO comfortable and the shower was nice - my two most important requirements in a hotel room. I went on the 1/2 day snorkeling excursion twice because it was just so amazing. Although I snorkel, I would say it's worth the price for just the 4 hour boat ride around the islands! Diving for conch and then eating conch salad made right there on the spot was awesome! Because I had family who had been previously, I knew groceries would be very, VERY expensive and was told I should pack a lot of things to bring with me... so I brought my own Nalgene bottle (to refill), microwave popcorn, peanuts, cliff bars, granola, coffee, sweetener, etc. I then went to the grocery store and bought milk, cheese, gallons of purified water, bagels and cream cheese, soup, and fresh fruit and bags of baby carrots, spinach greens and salad dressing. I had MORE than enough food, and even had to leave some behind. I did go out to eat for dinner twice - walked a few hotels over to Bay Bistro & HIGHLY recommend it! Had fresh lobster tail both times... best I've ever had! Have Junior make a mango mojito for you - you won't regret it! The fitness facility is really nice - much better than I expected. There's also an onsite laundry for guests, which is free to use, and the machines are newer. I knew this ahead of time, and brought my own laundry detergent and softner - really allows for you to pack less and I always like to pack clean clothes before going home. I walked to town almost every day - takes about 20 minutes and although there's nothing to see on the way, it's a nice walk. At the end of the day, I can't say enough about this hotel and my experience there... it was amazing and I can't wait to go back!! One word of caution - be sure to being bug spray.... I was DEVOURED by mosquitos, and now I know to come prepared. Go to Turks... and stay here!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Jeannine O
We very much appreciate receiving your positive review. It sounds like you had a great vacation and we hope you will stay with us again.
New Rochelle, New York
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Clean, spacious, well manicured and QUIET!

My husband and I just came back from a five night stay at this resort and we were very pleased with our stay. We booked the one bedroom ocean view (not ocean front), basically the pool view. The suite was beautiful, vey modern furnishing and seemed to be updated from what the picture on their site shows. Very clean and well kept. Patio was huge and a great place to have breakfast and/ or just relax. The only complaint we had was the bed it was a bit harder than we are used to and it seemed to be a bit smaller than a queen. It was a good size kitchen so it was great to cook meals in. We took the advice of other travelers here on trip advisor and packed a bunch of food to bring with us and cook. Plenty of cooking tools to work with, a couple of bowls, some pitchers to make drinks. A coffee maker, tea kettle and even a blender. If you want more specific details on what they provide please feel free to contact me. Washer and dryer in the suite was a great bonus, was able to go home with clean close, yay!
As far as in location it was very close to the gourmet supermarket which was very convenient for those who cooked. The grounds were clean and well manicured. The beach was great, no loud groups and wasn't overcrowded. We always found chairs on the beach and I even saw them add an extra umbrella for a big family. The pool was mostly quiet but looked clean.

Staff was always friendly, we had Gladdy check us in and he was a really nice and friendly guy. House keepers were always friendly and attentive even maintenance and grounds keeper were friendly.

We had dinner on the beach at Mango reef and considering the location and atmosphere it was the most fairly priced meal. We had Davidson as our waiter and he was super friendly and attentive. Def recommend having dinner there.

If we are blessed to once again make it to TCI we will def be staying there again and I would recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Marylin building. It seemed to be updated and it was closest to the reception build...
4 Thank Stephanie C
Thank you for your patronage and positive review. The Alexandra Resort is indeed a resort that offers all of the comforts of home and it sounds like you enjoyed the convenience of the full kitchen in your unit. We do hope you can stay with us again on a future visit.
Egg Harbor, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Staff, location, room - all excellent! Every staff member greeted us with a smile, and helpful advice. The room was quiet with high end finishes, and despite being billed as an interior view, we could sit on the balcony enjoy a partial view of the ocean, and the pool. The free bicyles are great for a short morning ride to Grace Bay to shop or eat. We thoroughly enjoyed the hotel restaurant for a gourmet dinner, and a delicious lunch. If you are going to Providenciales, I highly recommend the Alexandra - you want to be on the beach to fully experience the beauty of this island!

1 Thank frmgrl76
Our entire team appreciated receiving your positive review. We’re glad you enjoyed using the complimentary pedal bikes to explore the island. Thanks for staying with us on your Turks and Caicos vacation.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

The grounds were beautiful the beach was beautiful the only negative thing was you have to wash your feet several times a day as they turn black from the floors in the room still overall good for the price

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Paradise-832
Resort_Team, Manager at Alexandra Resort, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for staying at the Alexandra Resort. We are pleased that you enjoyed your vacation but very concerned to learn that our housekeeping standards were not at the standards they should be. We normally receive excellent reviews regarding our housekeeping standards. Please know we will address this matter immediately and we appreciate you bringing it to our attention.
College Station, Texas
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This is my 2nd time coming to this resort. I came by myself last December (2012), and I had a fantastic time at this location. There was nothing I could complain about. This time, I came back to the same resort with my wife.

The resort is kept very clean, and is very well manicured. One thing I love about this place is that it is not super packed like the Beaches resort nearby. It is very quiet on the beach, and in the resort. I also see other people occasionally complaining about the staff in some reviews - I have found them to all be very nice and helpful during both my stays here. I paid extra attention to that after reading those comments, and I must disagree with them. The staff is great!

Only negative experience I had this time was with the room closet safe. Maintenance came to look at it, but it still didn't work right. We just worked around it - 15 min wait before it could be relocked after opening. Not a huge deal.

Once again - the Spa was wonderful. I get massages monthly here where I live at, and I so wish the woman who worked there lived here in Texas. I actually made my reservations via email before I even arrived, and I went two times again. The main woman working there does a fantastic deep tissue massage. I have back issues, and she solved a pain I was having during my first massage - problem went away for the remainder of my stay there. Even my wife went two times to the spa as well.

If I have the chance to go to Turks and Caicos again, I would definitely stay at the Alexandra Resort again. It would automatically be my 1 choice on the island.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank JWalker1000
We appreciate receiving your kind review, particularly about our customer service and housekeeping standards. It sounds like you received excellent treatments at Spa Sanay and we hope other guests will take advantage of our intimate spa when they visit. We look forward to your next visit.