We stayed in a one bedroom at the Alex over Easter weekend and had a wonderful experience. Our room, in the Marilyn building, was new, clean , beautifully decorated, and had everything we needed. My husband was impressed with the flat screen TVs - but I hardly noticed them... To me, the best part was the balconcy. We didn't stay in an ocean front building - but still had a perfect view of the water and the beautiful sunsets.
The beach in front of the resort is perfect and we spent most of our time just lounging and relaxing. The sand was so soft and the water was crystal clear. My husband took snorkel gear and we spent one day at Coral Gardens where he saw sea turtles and a lot of colorful fish. He also snorkeled in front of the Alexandra and saw barracudas, a sting ray, and found a live conch on the ocean floor.
The restaurants at the resort were just okay. On the first day, we had lunch at the Sunset Deck . I'm a vegetarian and tried to order a veggie burger - but they were out, so I had to settle for french fries. Then, one afternoon, we tried the buy one, get one drinks at happy hour at the Orchid. We ordered a margarita and a beer - but got two margaritas.
Other than that, we had wonderful dining experiences at Bay Bistro (twice for breakfast), Hemingways, Baci, Coco Bistro, and Parallel 23 (for dinner), The Infinity Bar at GBC (for drinks) and Da Conch Shack (twice for lunch).
Overall, we had a fabulous trip. If we're ever lucky enough to return to Provo, we'd definitely consider staying at the Alexandra again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Grace Bay Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, Alexandra Resort offers the dream vacation of a lifetime; spacious accommodations, warm friendly service, and amazing oceanfront dining with the option to book all-inclusive reservations. Guests can also take our complimentary dining shuttle to our two on-island sister resorts to enjoy their restaurants facilities. Alexandra Resort provides a delightful Caribbean atmosphere, fantastic ocean views, powder white sand, and activities and amenities including non-motorized water sports, tennis courts, bicycles, and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, West Indies, Odigeo, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Alexandra Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra Resort Providenciales
- Alexandra Hotel Providenciales
- Alexandra Resort Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales