I stayed at the the Alexandra twice, not sure why the 2nd time, but I guess it was due to the price.
I had the same experience both times. Upon arrival at reception, I seemed to bother to the staff. There was no line, but they were busy doing "something". I waited for a bell hop for 15 minutes. The second time I went I waited for five minutes, then walked to the room myself.
The room both times were perfect. Wonderful, fantastic terrace, top of the line appliances.
I went to eat at the Orchid at 10:30 am. "Sorry, we are not serving food". ? Breakfast just ended and lunch starts a little bit later.
Nice... I walked over to the Palms and ate.
They are located on a good part of Grace Bay Beach, i.e. the beach is wide, unlike "Beaches" where it is narrow. I sat on the deck closest to the water and every time I wanted a drink, I had to walk to get it, no service at all. They do have a bar up there on the deck but it is unattended. One evening they did have a bartender but he would not serve me because I was not part of the "government" employees. Go figure
The icing on the cake was when I was leaving. I called reception and asked them to get me a cab to the airport. I walked to reception, and they told me I needed a towel "card" or I will be charged $25.00. I did know what they were referring to and told them its in the room. Not good enough.
I walked back to the room, got the silly card and walked back to reception. Would you believe the cab still hadn't arrived?
Eventually I gave up, walked to the road to go to the Palms to get a cab and one drove by and I waved him down. He took me to the airport and when I told him what happened, i.e. me waiting for the cab, he said the Alexandra is owned by the locals and when you call for a cab they call their friends as opposed to one that might be available.
Shame on them...
Worst part.. I missed my plane.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Grace Bay Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, Alexandra Resort offers the dream vacation of a lifetime; spacious accommodations, warm friendly service, and amazing oceanfront dining with the option to book all-inclusive reservations. Guests can also take our complimentary dining shuttle to our two on-island sister resorts to enjoy their restaurants facilities. Alexandra Resort provides a delightful Caribbean atmosphere, fantastic ocean views, powder white sand, and activities and amenities including non-motorized water sports, tennis courts, bicycles, and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Alexandra Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra Resort Providenciales
- Alexandra Hotel Providenciales
- Alexandra Resort Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales