“Best Vacation Ever!”

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 15 November 2007

Our family was in dire need of a good vacation...I'm so glad we picked Beaches Turks and Caicos, because it was EXACTLY what we were looking for. The staff was incredible!! Especially Leonardo, Javier, Miguel, JC,Bambino, Romaine, Ingrid, Maya, Jose, Donnie and Natrice!! If you go, tell them that they're favorite Ms. Beaches ever, said HI!!! We never needed to put the kids into the Club, there was plenty to do all day outside of it!! I did hear good reviews on the club though. The food was excellent, bartenders quick, that's all we needed!! We're saving again for our next visit there!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank we5go

Reviewed 8 November 2007

I don't know where to start with a vacation in which every aspect was perfect.

Upon arrival at the airport we were met with bottled waters and all of our items were brought to the van while we loaded the kids into our van. The short ride to the resort was a huge plus after having spent half of the day at airports and on airplanes. Once we reached the Beaches resort we were greeted with mixed drinks for the adults and the kids. All of our items were brought to our suite (we stayed in a Presidential Suite with 6 kids and 4 adults) while we walked through the resort to our suite. The suite was absolutely beautiful, perfect for the kids to enjoy, though we spent little time in there, and for the adults as well. Our suite came with Butler service and really this vacation would not have been as relaxing for us parents as it was had it not been for HIlario and William, our butlers, who were truely dedicated to making our time at Turks and Caicos a perfect experience (they succeeded!). Our first night there we were getting pizza's for the kids and trying to get everything together for 6 kids and Hilario shows up basically being the extra set of hands every parent dreams of. I can't tell you how often we were needing/wanting something when Hilario or William would show up to offer it before we had the chance to ask. When we did make a request it was fulfilled happily...apparently Hilario & William make it point not to use the word "no". Daily we would find fresh plates of shrimp, cheese & crackers, & cookies in our room. Each morning they would think ahead to dinner making our reservations and planning for us to make sure we enjoyed the restruants we wanted to. At reflections Hilario greeted us there, helped with the kids, and made it seem like we were at a sit-down meal though Reflections is a buffet restraunt! Really, I hope that Hilario and Willam both know what a difference they made for us. Going to Turks and Caicos I expected a great time, but not so relaxing ; they made it a great time and very relaxing. A true vacation even with the kids!

Being that there were 6 kids in the suite it was difficult to keep clean/tidy so I cannot leave this review without acknowledging Paula who came in daily without complaint, in fact she told us not to worry about it, and left the suite as beautiful as it was when we first arrived. I know she went above and beyond to do this and though we did not expect it we were so appreciative of it.

We have 3 kids, 4, 3 & 6 months. Each enjoyed the kids camp activities daily. The caretakers in the baby room were wonderful with my baby who slept great for naps and enjoyed play time at "camp". I wish I could remember more of the ladies names but specifically I do remember Lovely and Barbralynn. I hate to leave some names off but please know it is not because they were not just as wonderful as Lovely and Barbralynn.

Bobby D's was the best place for lunch with the kids, the staff was always ready to help whether it was to bring us some food or to hold the baby so even mom and dad could sit and eat! Bryan and Warme were awesome here!

All good things must come to an end but every day we were at Beaches Turks and Caicos was wonderful and work free!!! Thank you to Hilario, William, Barbralynn, Lovely, and all the other names mentioned above, as you each took part in making this a perfect vacation for all of us!

9  Thank CheckersGang
Reviewed 5 November 2007

I'm a travel agent that does corporate travel and incentives. I use Sandals and Beaches all the time. I went to Turks Beaches in 2005 with my family and loved it so much I brought a group of our friends with us this time. THEY LOVED IT!!! Beaches is on a wonderful beach, food is great and the staff can't do enough to help you out. They are adding another section to the resort but you wouldn't even know it is being built, very quiet. The French Village is the way to go. Rooms are big and clean. The older section is going through some changes but still very nice. For children there is always something to do. The entertainment is great. You don't walk by a staff member, no matter what they are doing, that they don't say hello to you. The resort is so big with so many things to do you never get bored. You also feel very safe there. Definitely a vacation that will be remembered for years. My children are teenagers and they can't wait to go back. We're hoping to get there again this summer. One of the best places in the Caribbean!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with friends
4  Thank kak04
Reviewed 4 November 2007

Hey tripadvisorees! Kidrater_1 here! I loved Beaches. It was awesome for many different reasons. The rooms were tidy, pretty and very coulorful. The people were very friendly to me, my family and the rest of our group!

For me and my friend, it was a blast becuse they had kid-friendly restaurants, 7 POOLS and a friendly team of workers.

The hotel was one of the prettiest i've ever seen. It was very tropical.

I recommend this hotel for everyone! Beaches was the best Ive seen!

Signing off,
Kidrater_1

• Stayed: March 2005
2  Thank kidrater_1
Reviewed 3 November 2007

Here goes. . .this is a LONG review (and 95% positive, in case you are wondering).

First, a bit of info on me. I've traveled a LOT, and generally prefer adventure travel -- from Guatemala to Uruguay to Poland, I tend not to travel anywhere "easy". That said, I've also stayed in some incredible five-star hotels and resorts around the world. Sooooo, I have a fairly balanced approach to travel -- this was definitely not my first "big" vacation and I can see things from both the budget traveler eyes and the high-maintenance eyes :o)

I wasn’t expecting much from the Beaches resort in Turks & Caicos (BTC), to be honest. We selected it specifically because the rates included childcare for both 27-month old Patrick and 9-week old Lucia. We had read the tripadvisor.com reviews, which were fairly mixed and ranged from “perfect” to “the food & service are dreadful” and had concluded that our trip would be OK at best, but at least we’d get a break from the kids and enjoy some adult time. We were pleasantly surprised to have a fantastic time and have very few disappointments.

Since there was a ton of information to cover, I’ve broken it down into categories as follows:

Resort overview
The rooms
Resort service
Dining
Childcare
Diving & watersports
BTC planning & vacation tips

Resort overview
The resort wasn’t “luxurious” by Four Seasons or Ritz standards, but it was quite nice.

The landscaping was lush, so the resort did not have that sterile “institutional” feeling despite its size. During our scuba diving outings it was easy to identify the BTC from far away because it had a good 5x the vegetation of any other resort on the island. . .probably more than 5x, to be honest.. .lots of mature trees, colorful flowers, and thick bushes. . .very good job on the landscaping.

The resort is much larger than it appears on the website and is divided into two main sections – the “older” section that is closer to the beach and the “French quarter” (something like that) which appears to be brand-spanking-new (to the point of being rather sterile and Disneyland-esque, which was a turnoff for us). The rooms are apparently identical regardless of which section you are in, but you have a LONG walk to the beach and most of the restaurants if you’re in the French section which seems even longer with kid(s) in tow.

There are ten restaurants in the resort, a couple of tennis courts, three large pools, and a water-sports center. Included in your rates are the tennis racquets/balls, heaps of board games (both adult and child), endless beach towels, kayaks, windsurfers & sailboats (and lessons for both), paddleboats, snorkeling gear, and dive gear.

If you google “turks caicos mosquitoes”, it sounds like there’s quite a bug problem on the island. They must spray the bejeebers out of the resort grounds with pesticide, because I was bitten by maybe three bugs the entire time. Don’t bother bringing bugspray; it’s not worth the clutter.

TIPS:
∑ Bring a stroller for each child (or a double) or plan to rent the wagons at $10/day (yikes!). The distances can be too much for a toddler and you’ll spend a lot of time getting from A to B. Having two strollers worked well for us because sometimes we needed to split up.
∑ Don’t bother with an infant seat for your little one; the resort is too large to carry that thing around (trust me on that one), so bring your reclining stroller. I saw one couple lugging an infant seat and it did not look like fun.
∑ Bring your own sand toys or be prepared to pay through the nose for them at the resort.

The Rooms
We stayed in a “Caicos Premium King” room, which was one step up from the bottom-of-the-line room. They told us the all of the rooms are identical (suites aside, of course) and that the price differentials are due to room locations & views. We thought we were paying extra to have a ground-level room, but when we arrived we were told that the premium was for a 2nd story room; we were too tired to argue or care and it worked out just fine. As far as we could tell, none of the rooms had a view of the ocean aside from MAYBE the third floor rooms. . .MAYBE.

The rooms were OK. Nothing great, nothing much to complain about. The furniture was a bit oversized (e.g. a four-poster king-sized bed), which left very little floor space, and there was almost NO room for luggage. There was a single luggage rack in the closet and a smidgen of floor space here and there. The only drawer space was found in several very small drawers in the armoire and the nightstands, but they were only about 6” tall and 15” wide (if even that large), so we never bothered putting our clothes into them. In retrospect, we should have stowed some of our luggage under the very tall bed.

The king rooms have a full-sized sofabed and a single-sized (smaller than a twin) sofabed, which are great for kids who are able to sleep on beds without falling off. We had requested a crib and were shocked when they tried to bring in a full-sized crib (the real deal – not a normal hotel-sized crib) into the room. It was so big that it couldn’t fit between the bed and the armoire, so we decided that we’d just figure something out for Patrick and Lucia. . .good thing given that the crib (had it fit) would have consumed virtually all of the available floor space. We found this to be very strange. . .why on earth would a family resort only offer those gargantuan things???

We decided to fold up the bedspread and put it on the floor for Lucia, which worked just fine. For Patrick we removed the single-sized mattress from the smaller sofa bed and placed it between the wall and the bed; Patrick does gymnastics during his sleep, so he woke up under the bed (on the ceramic floor) every morning. . .the bed is very, very tall, so it’s not like he was trapped (he had enough room to sit up if he hunched over just a tiny bit). An adult never would have wanted to sleep on the mattress because you could feel every metal spring in it, but Patrick didn’t seem to care.

The room had a small fridge, which was replenished with bottled water daily. They also have a drying rack on the porch/balcony, which we used a LOT.

The rooms in the longer buildings (download the map and you’ll see them) could involve a bit of a walk to the places you wanted to go to, particularly since the elevators were few and far between. Given a choice, I would stay in one of the “cay villas”, which were a few steps closer to the beach, were one-story high, and were closer to the activities/childcare/diving/etc.

TIPS:
∑ Bring a pack & play in lieu of a crib if you really need one. . .or be prepared to relinquish ALL of your available floor space to the hotel-supplied crib. You don’t want to use their crib. . .it’s just too massive
∑ Bring a small bottle of Woolite. . .we did a LOT of laundry & stain removal

Resort Service
Despite the negative reviews on tripadvisor.com, we were quite pleased with the service. The employees seemed to cheerfully bend over backwards to provide us with a good vacation, despite the long hours that they worked. We would see restaurant employees working early in the morning and would see the same ones working late at night, still smiling and still working hard.

The only exception to this, unfortunately, was our shuttle driver who transported us from the airport to the resort. The guy was horribly surly and a real downer. Another resort guest tried to make friendly conversation and gave up after he shut her down with short attitude-filled answers. He was very much the exception to the rule, though.

The restaurant service was definitely not U.S.-style, but it wasn’t too bad. . .more on that later.

When Patrick got very ill during the night before our departure, the front desk arranged for one of their vans to take us to the hospital and then on to the airport. . .they greatly exceeded expectations on that one.

Dining
We expected the food to be mediocre, at best. . .sorta that same-same-but-different type of thing. Surprisingly, the ten restaurants were actually quite distinct and they were good. If you’re looking for a true foodie experience, then BTC isn’t for you. . .but both Bill and I are picky about quality food and we were happy on an overall basis.

The sit-down breakfast Schooners wasn’t particularly good. . .we tried that on the first day and opted for the buffet every day after that. I ordered pancakes and was served two small (maybe 4”) pancakes. . .not much at all. The orange juice was sweetened and icky. . .and definitely not fresh-squeezed.

The Reflections buffet, in contrast, was quite nice. There were some staple items (bacon, pancakes, eggs) that were served every day and some others that changed daily (grits, steamed spinach, braised kidney-?!?!?!?). A wide selection of fresh fruit, pastries, and breads were always served, as were breakfast cereals. They also had two omelet stations that put out quite nice omelets. They would also squeeze your orange juice to order.

The lunches, depending on the restaurant, were also either made-to-order or buffet style; we generally chose the latter. The Italian restaurant had a sandwich bar, multiple hot selections, and heaps of salads (traditional, grilled vegetable, etc.).

For dinner we could chose between buffet, made-to-order, and “by reservation only” made-to-order. We particularly enjoyed the Italian buffet, which also had a made-to-order pasta station. The Japanese restaurant (by reservation only) was a LOT of fun and is highly recommended; kids will enjoy this one too.

There was plenty of food that we didn’t expect – shrimp cocktail, steak, sautéed shrimp, crab legs, scallop & shrimp salad, etc. The menus had the typical kid selections and the lunch & dinner buffets had kid sections, but we never gave Patrick the kiddie stuff so I don’t know what they were like. The French restaurant even served escargot and frog legs.

The included wine was a bit yucky. . .it was Beringer. You can purchase better wines, but since we were diving it didn’t make sense for us to purchase & and polish off an entire bottle of wine.

The restaurant service wasn’t too bad, but it wasn’t U.S. style, either. If you expect to drink more than one glass of whatever, then it’s best to order them upfront; the coffee cups, in particular, are tiny. When your plate or glass starts getting low, you’ll need to cling to it because that’s the one aspect of service that is a bit too fast. . .they’ll yank your plate/glass before you’re done. They mean well, but it was frustrating at times.

The resort put a ton of effort into making the desserts look truly fantastic. That’s where their effort ended, though. We tried virtually every dessert offered every single night and never took more than one bite of any of them. They tasted, at best, like a low-end grocery store had made them. The chocolate cake, which looked fantastic, had icing that was made with granulated sugar. . .so it was super-gritty and a real turnoff. The macadamia nut cookies were OK, but that’s as good as it got. They really need to do better on their desserts. . .

In addition to the restaurants, there were snack-type bars set up here and there. They weren’t advertised anywhere – you just had to happen upon them. One place served fruit smoothies. . .you could find popcorn, cotton candy, peanuts, ice cream, etc. in other places.

TIPS:
∑ When you arrive, look over the list of restaurants and make all of your reservations immediately. We were there during the low season and we still couldn’t get reservations unless they were made several days in advance – can’t imagine what it’s like when they’re busy.

∑ Bring a sippy cup or a straw cup for your child too. . .strange that a family resort doesn’t include cups with tops. Bring a small bottle of dish detergent & a bottle brush for this.

Childcare

The childcare is included in the rates, which was wonderful. You could have your child in there as much or as little as you wanted, with no specific dropoff times, minimum stays, etc. The regular hours are 9am-5pm and 6pm-9pm. If you are diving, then they’ll open at 8am if you let them know the night before.

The nursery has full-sized cribs, a selection of toys, and a small ball pit (the kind a daycare facility would have). It also had four huge (4’ x 4’) pillows on the floor and four huge floppy giraffes (more like pillows) that babies and young toddlers could sit/lay on. Elmo & Sesame Street videos were playing pretty much non-stop, which drove me batty since I was coming in every couple of hours to nurse Lucia, but it does give the older babies something else to do. (There are two gliders with ottomans for nursing moms and for the nannies to rock the babies.) The nursery is separated from the rest of the facility by a set of glass doors, which allows you to always peek in and see what’s going on.

My favorite caregiver by far was a woman named Janet. She had sooooo much patience with Lucia and was the only one who was able to get her to take a bottle. Cassie, though very shy with adults, was also very good with the babies. The director of the facility is wonderful as well and took great care of both Patrick and Lucia.

Overall, I found the nursery to be very clean. Anyone who enters the nursery is required to remove their shoes. They clean the changing pad after each use. There is a fridge to store bottles of breastmilk/formula.

There are three “infants” per caregiver, max. Whenever they had more infants than that they’d call in someone else. Other than for diving, you don’t need to make a reservation for the childcare. You can pull you child out to have some time together and put him back in when you feel like it. They do require that you give them your password (you set this up when you get there) when you take your child out, even if they know you.

The older kids have a structured program every day, complete with the “letter of the day”. Patrick even learned his ABCs there. Most days they’ll go out to the childcare-only wading pool, but never to the beach. They do crafts, make cookies with Cookie Monster, have little talent shows, and generally just have fun. The staff takes the kids to lunch and dinner, too. Let them know if you want your child to nap there.

Overall, the childcare facilities were a wonderful resource that surprisingly few parents took advantage of.

TIPS:

∑ Bring a package/tub of wipes for each child and leave it at the childcare center. Bring another one for your hotel room.

∑ Bring a tote bag for each child since you’ll need to have diapers, a change of clothing, a swim diaper, a swimsuit and wipes every day. You can leave stuff in their cubby every day, but the tote is still nice to use. We had only one tote for both kids and it was a pain in the butt to separate it all out every day.

∑ Label everything or bring a roll of masking tape and a Sharpie. Patrick lost his goggles and one of his loveys while at the childcare. They turned up, but their returns would have happened more quickly had we labeled them.

∑ Bring plenty of diapers, wipes, sunscreen, formula etc. I was told that you can purchase all of this in the gift shop, but a bottle of sunscreen will set you back something like $30.

Diving, Snorkeling & Other Watersports

Diving
The diving & equipment at BTC is included in the price of the resort, which is a huge bonus. You are allowed to do two dives per day, plus a night dive at an additional cost ($80) provided that at least five divers are interested. They offer resort courses, bubblemaker courses (for kids), and various PADI certification courses.

In order to dive, you’ll need to bring your certification card to the watersports center and fill out some paperwork. Unless you don’t plan to do much diving, do this on the day you arrive; otherwise, you’ll likely miss at least one day of diving. You’ll want to sign up for all the dives you want to do then and there. There’s no penalty if you don’t show up for a dive; they’ll just give your slot to another diver. It sounds like their boats fill up very quickly during the busy season, so signing up in advance is the way to go.

They ask divers to be at the boat by 8:15am for the two-tank dive; for the one-tank dive they ask that you be there by 9:30. They will give you all of the necessary equipment and you hop on the boat.

There are both local (5-10 minute) boat dives and more distant (45-minute) dives. We were surprised to find that the distant diving is not much better, if at all, than the local dives. One set of the distant dives (The Ampitheater & Eel Garden, I think) has a glorious beach adjacent to an exclusive resort that is used for surface intervals. The ride out to the distant sites can be VERY bumpy, so bring your patch or your Dramamine.

Overall the diving is not that special. There is a wide variety of hard and soft corals, but surprisingly few mature fish. We did see plenty of juvenile fish, but their parents seem to have vanished. On our nine dives, we saw four lobster, one HUGE crab, two sea cucumbers, a mature conch, two moray eels, and half a dozen sharks (all on two dives). That was pretty much it. . .it just wasn’t that great. (One caveat: my past four dive trips have been to Palau, Cozumel, Belize and Bonaire, so my frame of reference may be a bit skewed.) The fish that are there are fairly generic – tanks, triggers, damsels, etc. – nothing special.

We found that a local dive called The Aquarium was by far the best dive of the trip.

The dive conditions are easy, but not the best that I’ve had in the Caribbean. Visibility was sometimes a bit cloudy, but there was virtually NO current.

The resort instructors were very strict about the rules of diving, which is generally a good thing for safety purposes, but was a real drag in some instances. I’m not sure which things were BTC requirements and which things were PADI requirements, but they were irritating nonetheless. For example, they required all divers who had not logged a dive in the past 12 months to take a refresher course. . .never mind that I have done just shy of a hundred dives in many different locations (and some in really tough conditions). . .I had to take the stupid refresher course. I think it’s a very good idea for inexperienced divers, but it was a waste of time (and $70) for me. If you do think you’ll need the refresher course, reserve your spot on the day you arrive to ensure that you get a slot.

They were also very strict about the depth to which we were allowed to dive. Unless you had obtained the Open Water II designation (OWII) they would not allow you to descend more than sixty feet. It didn’t matter that most of my dives were well over 60’. . .and that I’ve done far more than the five or ten dives required for the silly OWII “qualification”. . .yet another reason that NAUI divers refer to PADI as Put Another Dollar In. . .but I digress (sorry). If you want to go deeper than 60’, make sure you get that silly OWII certificate before your trip.

In any case, the instructors were VERY good. They gave the best dive briefings I’ve had so far and were very thorough. The resort-supplied gear is OK, but some of it seemed to be getting a bit old. . .not hazardous, necessarily, but on its way. The one thing that they did screw up on frequently was the air pressure in the tanks. We were told to check the pressure in both of our tanks before leaving the dock and for good reason – on most of my dives there were tanks missing O-rings and tanks that didn’t have enough air in them for a dive, both of which were a real pain since it meant searching for new tanks that were likely away from your dive partner.

A word or two of warning about other dive operations that operate in T&C based on what we witnessed on our dives. . . I would not recommend Provo Divers or the Explorer Turks & Caicos liveaboard. A woman and her husband surfaced near our boat, thinking that it was the Provo boat, which was probably 100 yards away. She started swimming on the surface back toward the Provo boat while her husband swam just below the surface. Our attentions were diverted to the Explorer (more on that later) for quite a while. When we looked back in her direction some 30 minutes later we saw that she was not much closer to her boat and was clearly exhausted. . .and the Provo boat didn’t even seem to notice that she was missing. We alerted the Provo boat to the situation and someone went after them and hauled them (literally) back to their boat.

The Explorer situation was even scarier. The Explorer is a BIG liveaboard that probably holds 20 people. During our surface interval, we noticed a fluorescent pink dive sausage far, far away – probably a couple hundred yards from the Explorer. We watched and watched and waited and waited and realized that the Explorer had no idea that their divers were missing. We went over to the divers, assured that they were OK, and waited until the Explorer sent its skiff out to retrieve the divers. We figured that it was just a fluke, but it wasn’t. At least three more buddy pairs surfaced even farther away from the boat. We kept seeing them, but the Explorer remained clueless. They finally sent a skiff out to look for them, but the woman operating the skiff couldn’t see the divers that we were pointing to on the horizon and she appeared to have no radio communication with the Explorer. Scary. Maybe they had some sort of a rogue current out there (there was zero current for us), but nonetheless the crew of the Explorer didn’t seem to be watching for their divers.

TIPS:
∑ Do the reminder course at home because you lose a day of diving in Turks & Caicos otherwise. Get the OWII certification if you want to go deeper than 60’.
∑ Sign up for all of your dives the day you arrive. Sign up for every day, even if you don’t plan to dive every day – there’s no penalty for no-shows, but if you’re not signed up then you probably won’t be able to dive.
∑ Bring a wetsuit or thick “skin” with you if you think you’ll get cold. The resort charges $10 per outing.
∑ Consider bringing your own mask & snorkel. If you use theirs then you’ll have a different mask & snorkel every time and it is a real pain to adjust a mask to fit before every outing.
∑ Bring your logbook to prove that you been diving in the past six months.
∑ Bring seasickness medicine – it can be very rough on windy days.

Snorkeling
The resort has some decent snorkeling just a few kicks from the beach. They placed some artificial reefs and seeded them with some corals. It’s not incredible snorkeling, but it was better than we expected and was a fun thing to do on the last day of our trip. We saw the only anemones of our trip while snorkeling.

Kayaking
They watersports center will allow you to check out the sit-on-top kayaks. Patrick LOVED going on the kayak with us. They had a life jacket to fit him and we didn’t venture too far beyond the end of the long dock, so it’s not like we were doing anything risky by taking him out on the boat. They do require that your child is at least three years old to ride on the kayaks/boats, so just tell them that your child is three and they won’t ask any questions.

Sailing & windsurfing
You can also check these out at the watersports center. They’ll even give you free lessons.

BTC planning & vacation tips

As I recall, the rates that we quoted to us over the phone were higher than the rates on the internet. I could be wrong on that though.

We could have saved ~$400 on our airfare by purchasing it through them, but the departure and arrival times were awful and meant that we would effectively cut a day off of each end of our vacation just to save a little money. BTC isn’t cheap, so the last thing we wanted to do was to pay for days that we wouldn’t be using.

We purchase the airfare via cheaptickets.com or cheapfares.com after doing a search on Kayak.com. I do wish we had opted for the later return flight, though, because we could have gone diving the day before our departure while still meeting the required 24hr waiting period before our flight. If you’re a diver, you’ll definitely want to take the later flight.

If you need more incentive to take the later flight, here it is. . .to catch the 7:25am flight, you must be in the lobby by 5:30am. Ugh. Despite their promise to have a continental breakfast in the lobby for everyone who was departing, we didn’t see anything.

We arrived on a Friday and left the following Saturday, which worked out very well. Every Friday the resort puts on a huge beach party with a great buffet, drinks, and a show with singers, fire twirlers (not the most talented, but still fun), and some other acts. There was a tiny putt-putt area for kids as well as a kids buffet. At about 9pm, they put on a surprisingly impressive fireworks show – the real deal.

Other random tips:
∑ You won’t need beach towels. They have towel stations all over the place.
∑ Don’t bother with carseats – leave them at home. You won’t be leaving the resort and I can’t imagine the hassle involved with putting them in the shuttle van.

I think that’s it. . .congratulations to anyone who made it this far – and enjoy your trip!!!

37  Thank roxannedavis
Reviewed 2 November 2007

if you are a beach lover then go somewhere else! At best the beach is no more then 40 feet wide! At high tide the beach chairs are being pulled back into the water. Turks and caicos boasts that their beaches are the best....NO WAY! Food was below average although the pizza was incredible! The Itialian restaurant is your best choice for lunch...although my wife had to remove a large food sticker from her cooked eggplant....the Exececutive Chef did respond back to us and was truly concerned and apologetic. The Japanese steak house is Ok but food was very bland...nice presentation/show. Staff was most curtious and always said hello as they past you.

Again, if the beach is your reason to vacation, go somewhere else! Try Anguilla (Shoal Bay East), Barbados (Hilton) or Antigua.

Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank Beachlover046
Reviewed 1 November 2007

This was our first Beaches vacation and also first to the Turks.
We traveled with our 4 yr old son in Oct.2007. We were very impressed with the quality of the food-not sure what to expect with all inclusive-we thought the food and drinks were great!
Our son loved the Sesame Street characters and spent some time in the kid's camp. The resort was clean, people were friendly and great with kids. We would go back again!

2  Thank TrabucoCa