Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
“excelent”
Reviewed 5 September 2012 via mobile

very nice resort, with few hickups, but amazing beach and sea.Highlights do not miss Mario's restaurant with good food and the amazing profesional and charming manager Claudio(keeps everything on the ball and high standards,european style) and as well Reflection with charming Joan the manager.we did enjoy the whole experience.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank isidorou

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,902)
  • Indonesian first
Avondale, Arizona
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We just returned from Beaches TCI and had a wonderful time again. We were there in Dec 2011 and returned Aug 2012. We went diving and as always the dive team is wonderful. On the day we stayed in the resort we went to the beach and had a pelican swim right near us, we enjoyed the waterpark: lazy river, waterslides, and surfing. We went as a couple, but plan to take our grandkids next time. The housekeeping staff should be applauded and as expected did a wonderful job. The food standards seem to be slipping, but still good. Cricketers Pub was the best food location, Maxwell was an excellent host and the staff was very attentive (recommend the wings and the bangers and mash). We will be back soon.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 4 September 2012

The family of four stayed from 8/21-8/28 at the French Village.
The room was as exepected: clean, neat, good cable tv, internet and ac- it would be nice if hotels would use queen sized beds (personal beef) - with the added bonus of a fridge that the staff kept stocked with Coke, Sprite Diet Coke and bottled water.
French Village is nice because it is very close to the water park (which our kids aged 12 & 14 spend a fair bit of time at, most restaurants that are not in the Caribbean Village and a fair bit cheaper than the Italian Village.
Quality of the food was extremely good - much better than Atlantis or anywhere on Jamaica - Kimonos was tough to get a reservation, but with the expansion that just opened that should be no issue, the other fine dining Sapodillas and Le Petit Chateau were spectacular (no kids) as was the pizza.
The beach is fantasitic, but far too many people just go down and throw towels on chairs when they aren't going to use them for hours (which they also do at the pools), which causes two issues: a chronic shortage of towels and hard to find open chairs.
The snorkeling and scuba diving is first rate, although it can be hard to get a reservation (done the day before starting at 8:30 if you don't do so early.
The things I didn't understand - pool bars closed at 5:30 or 6 pm (which is early), making it impossible to get drinks and be in the pool or hot tub; the choices of beer were Budweiser, Miller Lite or Turks Light at almost every bar, how about something a little better (the pub carries Guinees, Bass and Newcastle; Kimonos has Saporro); Staff ranged from very friendly to almost rude; and Alcohol, especially at the pool bars seemed diluted (Scotch, Vodka & Burboun).
All in all it was a very good trip - on a value basis it was excellent: $900/day for a family of 4 with food, drinks and entertainment is reasonable
I was also pleasantly suprised how easy the airport and transfers were - we took a non-stop JetBlue flight from NY, was off the plane, through T&C Customs and at the hotel in less than an hour; on the return put your bags out 2 hours before your set departure time, show up at the departure lounge and you are on your way. This is many times easier and quicker than Jamaica - if only T&C had US customs like the Bahamas has it would have been the best overseas trip logistically I have ever taken.
I would rate it at about a 4.8 - that said, it was better than any of the other all inclusives we have been to.

1 Thank Joe P
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 September 2012

OMG! How do I begin this very disappointing "vacation?" Like all the families we spoke with, we were expecting a 5 star resort. I would rate the beach highly (white sand, clear blue water), lounges are uncomfortable, towels old and worn. The hotel food and service deserves 0-1. There is only ONE water pk with two low slides (one open, one partially enclosed). Even I went on one, and I avoid any heights/slides. For the young babies, there is an adjoining also nothing special water pk. The FOOD was UNEDIBLE. Ordered fish 3 nights from different places, all were undercooked. My son had a tasty fish one night. Marios has descent food SOMETIMES. Our friend and our son ordered lamb chops that were too tough to chew. WAIT STAFF NEVER return to the tables to inquire if you like the food or need anything els. I MEAN NEVER <EVER< EVER...you have to get up and ask and still, they never bring what you want. I know, asking for a water bottle is a lot to expect when eating. The coffee is dk and bitter. More like an espresso. (My last day I had to order caffeine because I was up most of the night from hearing the people above walking around, which will happen because there are no capets in the rooms. Floors are concrete with slippery tile. Careful you don't fall when you come in wet). My coffee was actually old cold coffee. Who knows what table it came from, becuae it certainly WAS NOT POURD FRESH. One day a waitress actually pointed to a set table and directed me to get my fork from there, when I asked for a fork! All the "restaurants" have similar awful food. Lots of misrepresentation in the ad. The French Cafe is an old worn small location with disgusting desserts. Carrot cake is a mini muffin. All desserts are awful tasting. When you walk the grounds, employees will address you a smile, but not the food servers. Housekeeping does not give enough towels for the amt of people staying in the rooms. Everyday I asked for quantity we needed, never in 6 days did we get it. They do not come to the room when you ask for anything. The hotel Front Desk rarely answers the phone. You get a recording. To say that this "resort" is funfilled or has tasty food, is a long stretch. For the amt we paid to stay there (Italian Village), we expected to enjoy more. I would return to the island, but not to this place. We ate off the property and food was delicious.
Piia COlada was a sweet mix with water, not pineapple juice. No limes! How do you drink gin and tonic or a majito wthout limes? ALL fruit were unrippened. Only had cantelope and honeydew and sometimes watermelon. No pineapples or coconuts..this is the islands. GO ELSEWHERE, SAVE YOUR $

Room Tip: Italian VIllage is only location at the beach, French is quaint but old, Caribbean is like old 1950...
12 Thank IAMSELECTIVE
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We are grateful for feedback, inclusive of TripAdvisor posts, as it allows us the opportunity to identify our strengths and weaknesses.

Regarding your concerns about the food and dining options, it is surprising to note that some of the food served was not to your expectations. This aspect of our operation is usually considered exceptional and very often received compliments from our guests. We are therefore sorry if you were not similarly impressed.

Your concerns have been noted and the relevant managers will be notified so that our future guest do not share this experience. Thank you, again, for your feedback. We hope that you would afford us an opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Kind Regards,
Cassie C.
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We stayed at the Italian village on the Beaches property. It was beautiful. Everyone at the resort goes above and beyond to make your experience enjoyable. My two youngest ones LOVED camp sesame. I found the ladies to be very attentive and caring. My four year old wanted to go back everyday. My three older kids loved snorkeling. There is a perfect spot just a short walk down the beach. With a reef that is roped off. Just snorkeling around the perimeter we saw tons of beautiful fish and even a sea turtle! I can't say enough about this resort. One of our best family vacations ever!!!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Mercer71
Vero Beach
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Just returned from a 10 day stay at the resort...Resort is nice and beach is beautiful, but would not return.IF YOU DO NOT HAVE KIDS DON'T GO HERE! This is a resort geared towards the kids and big families. It was just me and my boyfriend and everywhere we turned there were kids running around. We found it hard to enjoy the Italian Village pool because there were so many kids. The Carribean Village pool by Arizona's is less crowded and secluded. The beach was wonderful and we spent most of our time there. Drinks were good and plentiful.
Dinner Buffets were lacking and not a lot of variety on the menu. Loved Arizona's for lunch and dinner was good there too, but service was slow...We ate Mario's for the breakfast buffet and if you like cold eggs, this is the place to go...Most of the "hot" food was cold and again not much variety.
I really wanted to like this resort and enjoy it, but again with the amount of kids running around and the lack of food variety it was hard.
The staff is ok at best. Most would walk past you and stare at you, but would not say hello or how are you.
For the amount of money we spent on this vacation I would have expected better service.
The spa was amazing though and glad we spent our money here.
If you want romantic and great service I recomment Sandals....And Sandals is cheaper than Beaches and there is better service.

Room Tip: Italian Village is the newest and nicest, but the most croweded with kids.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank jenwalter
New York, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2012

This was my third time returning to a beaches ressort and 2nd time returning to the fine and memory filling Turks and Caicos, I had stayed with my family at the Italian Village in the Venetian Suite (room 3214) It was amazing. The time I had was wonderful, The workers were extremely friendly and everyone carried a smile on their face. Myself, what i partook interest in was the beach volleyball, the Pool Tables, and Club Liquid. Beach volleyball was just so much fun, couldnt have asked for a better time. Everyday at the time of 3:30 people of all ages came to play weather is was from a youngster at the age of 7 or elder around their 50's we had a blast and one of workers there made it even more fun was a young man named Wellington. He knew how to make everyone smile, laugh and giggle. Everyone had a chance to play. Not only was he bit of a comedian himself he was the quite the dancer. For example by the french village pool he would be there dancing along to the music and teach the youngsters the move. I participated in the Reggae Show and couldnt quite get the moves or steps down So Wellington and another man who ran the show named Oral took their time from their lunch break to help me get the moves down packed. Other activities such as the Pool tables were fun when you didnt have much to do and mother nature wasnt on your said you couldve always gone and play pool, Whether it was in Cricketers, by the Slot tables or the shadow lounge. And the Xbox Arcade was an amazing sport for the youngsters togo. I do not want to make this review too long but i would love to say that ALL of the bartenders did their job as what they were mandated to do and showed the guests a good. The front desk couldnt have been a bigger help. The food service was just magnificent when it came to dinner and we had told the waiter we were on a rush and need our food as soon as possible he did his best and had it before us within a half hour. Overall If i was to rate my stay our of 10. It would recieve a solid 20.

2 Thank MarkoPPM