“Beaches is not just for Families”

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
New York City, New York
“Beaches is not just for Families”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

Beaches is typically thought of as a "Family" Resort but I say it's an "Everyone" resort; couples, friends and singles. My husband and I are a huge fan of this resort having first stayed here for our two week Honeymoon in 2009. We chose to stay at this resort because we wanted a resort in Provo that was all inclusive.
We were a bit Leary at first having choosing what was touted as a family resort since we are not fans of "children". During our stay though we only had two incidents of badly behaved children which is totally the parents fault for lack of discipline (one child who was about 11 years old began to pummel his Mother with his fists because his video game needed some new batteries...and Dad sat there and did nothing. Nice parenting guys...the kid is a monster). I think the amount of pools, waterpark and Kids club keeps the kids happy and entertained.
Hubby and I chose to stay in the French Village for our Honeymoon. We had a basic first floor room with a walk out (never used the walk out...too buggy). Upon arrival we were brought to the check in area in the French Village. I was impressed at the nice decor and selection of both non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages and snacks. We both settled in with a glass of champagne as we filled out of forms. Check in was easy and not slow as it can be with such a large resort. We were informed that our room was not ready but a staff member would escort us to lunch. She brought us to Bobby D’s which is a 1950’s type diner place right by the waterpark. Yeah, both of us were not happy with this as we later found out there were other food options available that would have made a more impressive first lunch on arrival day. Despite our disappointment the food and service was very good. I love my burger and fries. Hubby was thrilled with his burger and shake. Bobby D’s later became our go to place for late night food, ice cream and yummy milkshakes.
When our room was ready we were happy with our choice. It was clean, well decorated and perfect for two people. Personally I enjoyed the location of the French Village compared to the Caribbean and Italian Villages. The French Village is quieter will less kids running around. The Italian Village is packed with kids running around and where the majority of restaurants/shops are located. We stayed in the Caribbean Village our second trip here and liked the room although it was a bit too busy for our liking being in the “main” building. I have read people say that the French village is too far of a walk; that is utter crap. From room to beach it was seven minutes walking leisurely….really. If this is too far then you are crazy.
Food for the most part is good; nothing great. Mario’s was crap every time we tried it(3 times; we bother were not happy; service was not good either. Reflections Buffet was good for breakfast and lunch; good food and service although very crowded. Kimonos was not very good; I have had excellent Hibachi and this is sub par in my opinion….the service though was very good. My meal at Schooner’s grossed me out when I found shells in my seafood risotto along with a fishy smell. My husband liked his meal here so I would say I just chose the wrong item. We ate at Arizona’s for lunch and did not like it at all..again I’m just chalking it up to personal tastes.

Sapodillas’s is incredible and one of the Adults Only restaurants on property. We had excellent service here and incredible food. I loved their Caribbean Lobster in particular. Hubby loved their ostrich steaks. It was one of our favorites during both of our trips here. Giuseppe’s was our favorite option for breakfast. It is a buffet but the food here is the best of the buffets in my opinion and the service was impeccable. We felt so loved at La Petit Chateau in the French Village; they knew our names and we had so much fun with the staff. Food was okay; maybe I’m a bit too much of a foodie but it definitely isn’t the best French food around but the appetizers and desserts are their best asset. Café de Paris became a place to grab some yummy warm crepes and delicious pastry….I definitely gained a few thanks to their tasty treats.
Bella Napoli and Dino’s served up awesome brick oven pizza that was excellent. We loved having a pizza here or taking it to the beach as a snack. Dino’s also has a self serve nacho area if you are craving nachos; My husband always is in the mood for nachos. Barefoot is not very good; we tried breakfast, lunch and dinner here and found it inedible every time so we left in search of better food.
Cricketer’s was a great place for pub grub; fish & Chips, Shepherd’s Pie and a good pint of Guinness. Hubby and I spent a lot of time here either grabbing a meal or enjoying some drinks. Great place!! The pool bars were always hopping but it was never a long wait for a drink. The bartenders were always friendly and happy to suggest one of their signature drinks.
The Italian pool area is the busiest due to its location and that it is the only heated pool on the property. Personally we preferred the French village pool and Jacuzzi because it was less crowded and easier to get a seat. There is a rule for children who are in diapers to wear rubber swim pants but it obviously is not enforced. Twice a “code Brown” episode occurred and closed the Italian Village pool….GROSS!!!!
The beach itself is one of the finest we have experienced in the Caribbean; crystal clear water with a bit of wave and powdery sand. Yes, the beach is public but the vendors are not intrusive and friendly. Security keeps a close eye on vendors and who is coming in/out of the resort area. We always felt safe on the beach even walking late at night from another resort restaurant.
Room service is spotty at best. Some days we would arrive at our room after 4pm and it still wasn’t made up from the morning. Towels are hard to come by at the pool and beach after 9:30am.
The Spa was very good and we had couples massages twice during our stay. Photos were very nice; we booked a sunset and beach day photo shoot with Freddy. She took amazing pictures!
We enjoyed our Honeymoon so much we returned a year later.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tigger1018

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,805)
  • Indonesian first
Atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

We traveled here with my family in July of this year (in total 6 adults and three children 3-7 yrs old). We booked two, two-bedroom Presidential Suites with the butler service, so we went with some pretty high expectations. I would say that we were not quite impressed, as we thought we would be.

The car service from the airport was very nice. Large SUV's picked us up, and escorted us quickly to the resort.

We were booked into Two Side-By-Side Ocean Front Two Bedroom Presidential Suite in the Carribean Village (4 bedrooms total). To start, the rooms were not all Ocean Front as expected. Some rooms could see the ocean from a distance, and other rooms had a view of part of the pool/restaurant area. Honestly, there wasn't much Presidential about these rooms due to their outdated decor, sagging sofas, etc... Also, the Carribean Village is clearly older than the rest of the resort. Case and point - the air conditioning didn't work in one of the two suites the entire week we were there - it made for a very hot week. It was July, so it was around 94 degrees outside, with about 80% humidity, so it was very very hot to start. Then, when you get into your room, and it isn't much cooler, it makes it hard to enjoy. When we told the manager about our room, they tried to fix it again and again. In the process, they broke something, and water started spilling out into the living area of our suite. It was the main topic of activity and conversation for our first three days we were there. My poor Dad had to spend all his extra time dealing with management to get it cooled down to an acceptable level (think still sweating after taking a cold shower). So, that definitely would be one reason to stay in another part of the resort.

The kids had a ball at the waterpark. There were waterslides, surfing, spray areas, a lazy river, etc... There was plenty to keep them entertained.

Recommendation - if you can afford the price tag, the Italian Village is the place to stay. It does tend to get more rowdy in that part of the resort, but it is much newer, and much nicer.

The food was typical Carribean all-inclusive. Mario's was the best restaurant that allowed children. Kimono's, the Japanese Teppanyaki restaurant was also good, and very fun for the group. Barefoot was also very good, and fun to eat with your toes in the sand, but the staff there had quite and attitude, which put a damper on the evening. The Adult-only Sopaddilas was the best food the adult males had on our trip, and the Adult-only French restaurant was very good as well. There are a few pizza options, but the best one is at the Caribbean Village, but it's only open until 5 or 6pm.

I will say that the ocean water is the most clear I have ever seen. It is absolutely beautiful! The snorkeling (a short walk down the beach from the resort) is pretty good as well.

Overall, I would not return to this resort without children. The female staff at this resort all seem to be bothered by your existence. Everything we did annoyed them, and they gave us attitude. This place isn't cheap, so I would prefer not to be treated as an annoyance from the staff. The male staff were much nicer and more accommodating.

Room Tip: Italian Village all the way!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jessica21Atlanta
San Antonio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

My husband and I spent a week at this resort at the end of July 2012 and could not have been more pleased! I initially set out to book the trip directly through Beaches, but came across so many reviews going on and on about "Mike" at Dream Makers Vacation Services, which turned out to be the BEST decision I made! Mike knew more about this resort than what appears on the website and was undoubtedly the absolute BEST when it came to communication. Mike left no detail or suggestion unmentioned, and, even better, got us upgrades that were so unexpected and such a pleasant surprise. If you are booking a trip to this resort, using Mike is an absolute MUST! As for the resort itself, it was incredible. We were blown away at the quality of the food and food presentation. The customer service at the resort was also top notch. Everyone working at this resort seems so happy with their job and eager to assist. The ocean was the bluest water we have ever seen and the beaches are absolutely gorgeous. My husband and I went for our 10 year anniversary. This resort is perfect for both couples and families. There is never a shortage of activities. We stayed in the Caribbean Village and were very pleased. Although it is the oldest of the villages, we enjoyed the quietness at night (the French and Italian Villages always seemed to have things going on at night). This vacation was by far one of our best vacations ever! We will definitely be returning!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Chessa A
Sussex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

Occasionally you arrive at a resort and say to yourself - this is going to be terrific...and sure enough - arriving here from Thailand via NYC - this was truly wonderful. Everything is just right and I cannot see how the resort could improve.

The weather was good too - which enhanced the experience...it is an "All Inclusive" resort - so food and drink is plentiful. Great for families and kids especially as there is a hint of Disney - with characters wandering around the place from time to time...great beaches and swimming pools and a great place to relax take in the atmosphere and sunshine!

Room Tip: If you can afford it - try to book the Italian resort which has a great beach, pool and food/drink a...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sussex_boy_123
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

It was a family vacation for my father in laws 60th birthday and we all had a wonderful time. Special thanks to the hotel manager Noel who provided exceptional accommodations to my family.

We really enjoyed the sushi restaurant at the resort. Our waitress Mercedes was extremely nice and remembered my family after our first visit. Then we went back a few more times later.

I have been to many islands in the Caribbean and there is something about Turks and caicos that makes me want to go back as soon as I returned to the states. The friendly staffs, the white sand beach with crystal clear water, the luxury Italian village hotel, or just being in Turks made me feel good and relaxed.

I would definitely go back!

• Stayed September 2012
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, responded to this review, 21 September 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our resort! We're so happy to read that you and your family had such a great vacation at Beaches Turks & Caicos. It's encouraging to know that you enjoyed our luxurious accommodations, beautiful beach and the genuine hospitality of our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Cassie C.
Mashpee, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

Wahtever you do do NOT sign up or pay for the so-called DJ Academy. We paid for our two grandsons to participate in a week long learning experirence. It was awful, they promise a t-shirt which you never get and the people that were supposed to be teaching did nothing but spin their own records.
You could never use the paddle boarding, Aquatrikes, or windsurfing for the entire 8 days that we spent there. They said it was too windy, yet farther down the beach, other hotels were using their water sporting toys.

Room Tip: All rooms are pretty loud because of being surrounded by the pool
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank nolandash
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

I spent about 4 days there (my family was there for a week, and I met up with them half way through). This place is truly magical, specially for little kids. But I still loved it (I'm 22). Maybe because I am a kid at heart! They have so many themed activities and games, and amazing beach parties!! There are so many pools and restaurants/bars to choose from.. and they also have a surf simulator (SO cool)!! I don't think I went to the beach even once.. haha. Great place for families :) Totally worth the price!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Amisha A
Wow! It's great to read that even with you not visiting our gorgeous white sandy beach you were still able to have an amazing vacation at Beaches Turks & Caicos. We're so thrilled that you enjoyed all of the fun, exciting activities we have to offer. Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again soon to create more wonderful memories.

Happy Travels!