Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
The Somerset on Grace Bay(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$968
US$700
Royal West Indies Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$488
US$445
Gansevoort Turks + Caicos(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$710
US$672
The Sands at Grace Bay(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$683
Grace Bay Club(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$1,120
US$747
The Palms, Turks and Caicos(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$1,525
Seven Stars Resort & Spa(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$851
West Bay Club(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$976
The Tuscany(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$946
US$918
Ocean Club Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$458
Travelocity
11,220 results
All reviewswater parkitalian villagekey west villageitalian poolle petit chateaubutler servicesesame streetjerk shackbobby deessurf simulatorbella napolicookie monsterdeparture loungetrundle bediguana poolcharacter breakfastkids camp
Reviewed 10 January 2013

While the place is expensive - it is worth it if you have kids. The food it very good. Mario's is great for breakfast and lunch, and we loved Arizona's for dinner. Barefoot's was a bit of waste. Sushi place was good but struggled when busy. They brought my 7 year old back for a cooking lesson the next night. Very nice touch!. Most of the staff were extremely nilce and we only encountered 1-2 folks who were clearly disinterested. We were the over Thanksgiving and never really encountered lines anywhere.

Child care was way overloaded but I felt the kids were safe throughout the property. The nightime activities kept families busy and entertained.

We stayed at the Italian Village which had very nice rooms. It was clearly the nicest part of the resort.

The beach was very short and the waves were a bit choppy most of the time we were there.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CRT70
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We just got back from Beaches TCI where we spent Christmas and New Year holidays. Since Apr 2009 we’ve spent just over 70 paid nights at Beaches TCI and got a certificate for a free week. At this point Beaches has lost their magic for us. Given the cost of vacation Beaches, is simple not a 5 star resort. Here is a summary followed by some more details:

SUMMARY (rating out of 5)
Staff : 6 / 5 MANAGEMENT take note, your staff is responsible for your success, 99% of staff was helpful and friendly
Hotel grounds: 5/5 Very clean, well maintained, beautiful grounds. Every trip we notice new things that are added, replaced.
Rooms : 3 /5 None of the rooms can be considered 5 star room, with the exception of the Italian Village. Most rooms are dated at best. We have stayed in all 3 villages, so we can compare. Carpet in the master bedroom desperately needed steam cleaning.
Food : 4/5 The a la carte restaurants are fine, buffet is ok.
House keeping: 3/5 Our room (in Parrot Cay) had the Trundle beds, they were not made up once during our visit, the way they are when you first arrive.  At turndown service, they were set up once only, on the very first day, I imagine as a example, so you’ll know how to do it yourself for the rest of your vacation.
Restaurants: 4/ 5 Many restaurants to chose from and we never had to wait or make a reservation (except for Kimonos)
Activities : 4/5 Many activities but you are paying for all of them and probably only use a couple.
Unique Vacations: 1/5 ZERO flexibility, especially after they have your deposit. Tip: DON'T BOOK AHEAD.  There is no flexibility and with so many people booking a year or more in advance, Beaches can easily justify raising and keeping their rates high. I could write few more paragraphs about our experience dealing with Unique Vacations re: our past trips to Beaches, but let's just say, I am dreading the thought of booking the 'free week'.

Staff
The staff is what really makes Beaches TCI stand out for us. We consider many of the staff our friends. If you do go there look for these people.
Sarah & Sereina - always go well beyond their duty to make us welcome.  We truly believe them when they great us with the "welcome home" phrase.
Same applies to the water sports team on the beach (Prophet, Jean-Yves, Steven, Lionel, Wilcox) - always the same, year after year - very friendly and helpful. It is always a pleasure to see them. Jean-Yves & Prophet who really took really good care of us on the beach.
Wilcox, Lionel, Steven who are always quick to get a Hobie cat for us and to pull the Hobie cat up the beach.
Abner:  Not afraid of getting wet when sailing on the Hobie 16. :)
Iva : Always has a smile when we are ordering our favorite pizzas.
Abdul @ Reflections : You have try Abdul's famous breakfast burrito.

Activities
We used the beach activities extensively, but we are paying for the diving, kids club, water park, Xbox Garage.  All other resorts just have the beach activities  so for us there is no value in paying the premium Beaches charges for these other activities. If we used more of the activities then we would rate this as 5/5

What happened to 'Manager's Party' on Mondays afternoon ? It was really great to meet the managers and have a chat. No more....it turned into a sales market party...no managers in sight.

Overall
We were very disappointed with our room on this trip. Booking a year in advance and paying in full few months in advance did nothing for us. We had a ground floor room overlooking the utility drive  between the Parrot Cay rooms and the Italian village.  We also had the Beaches pick up truck parked in the parking spot 10 ft away from our bedroom patio, most days. Also, removing bugs from our room daily (millipedes and large size insects which were too fast to catch) didn’t help - added ‘bonus’ of ground floor room, I suppose. Unique Vacations is just overbooking the resort leaving no flexibly for the guests or staff on the island. We can't see it getting better as they take over Veranda.

Conclusion
No advantage for returning guess. For the cost of almost $19000.00 for 9 nights, there are too many other places to explore to continue to return to Beaches TCI.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
15  Thank Renia_65

Overall recommendation;
Would definitely return as a family if our goal is a relaxing tropical vacation with a wide range of ages. If we are looking for more action, especially for our older kids; The Atlantis in the Bahamas does much better as satisfying this as we spent a week there two years ago. It entirely depends what you are looking for. All of my kids voted Beaches was more relaxing and all really enjoyed their week.

For a detailed review please continue to read....
I do not usually write for things like this but since I totally rely on Trip Advisor for planing my trips I felt obligated to contribute. Who I am.....mother of ten children ages ranging 4-20yrs, I am in my mid-forties and am accustomed to staying in high end accommodations. Our favorite couples Sandals resort is The Royal Plantation in Ochio Rios, Jamaica. Our family of 12 stayed at the Beaches Resort in Turks and Caicos, January 2-9, 2013.

Room & Butler Service thoughts;
We stayed in 2 Da Vinci Water's Edge Family Suites, requested adjoining but that did not work out for us, as is sometimes the case with that request. Loved the room configuration, especially the separate area for the kids. Loved the location of our room and looking out over the beautiful ocean. Would definately stay in the Italian Village again if we were to return...hands down. Our suite was not butler service; my logic on that decision was that if it was just my husband and I the butler service would be a nice treat but for the whole family I did not think it would be appreciated nor really needed. After living it out I would definitely look more seriously into the butler service next time. Butlers really worked for their families from what I saw on the outside looking in....reserved beach and pool areas so you would not have to do the 7am shoe on the chair approach which I hate! Also provide a stocked cooler and brought you food from the various restaurants whenever and wherever you wanted it. For a large family with varying ages like ours, having a set area that we can count on our butler arranging for us would have been a great reconvening location throughout the day. Also the butlers will take care of all your dinner plans which again for a big family was a bit of a hassle.

Yup, you're in the Caribbean, so you will see small lizards and might have a few bugs in your room. The water in the bathrooms did take a little while to heat up and the flow was a little slow. I guess things like that don't bother me as much as I am at the beach, not in a big city Ritz Carlton, but to each their own.

The Italian Village is definitely the newest and in my opinion the nicest to stay in. The most inconvenient thing was the good coffee in is the French Village, but my daughter and I enjoyed the short walk over together every morning for coffee!

Restaurants:
Our favorites were;
Mario's for breakfast, in restaurant or take-out (supper not as good)
Cricketer's for fish and chips
Arizona's was the best lunch we had, great buffet.
Bella Napoli for pizza....put your order in a hour before you want it...go for a swim then come back and pick it up
Barefoot by the Sea for location
Cafe de Paris for the coffee...enjoyed the walk over every morning...their crepes are good too
Bobby Dee for snacks for the kids
Soy for sushi, they even have sake and Japanese beer.
Kimonos....a definite must! If they don't ask, make your reservation as soon as you arrive, we had our on our second to last night which was perfect, something to look forward to throughout our week. It is not a Kobe copycat yet similar in the approach, but loved how you did not order, just got a little of everything.
Giuseppe's for the pasta bar..just be sure to tell the chef what you want in it first as he got very irritated with me when I did it wrong.
Dino's for a quick pizza-to-go by the pool or heading to the airport.
We ate at the following restaurants for these meals and found them to be just ok;
Schooners (breakfast and supper), Arizona's (supper), had appetizers at Le Petite Chateau and dessert/coffee at Sapodillias...neither were that impressive but to be expected since good high end food involves quality which can not be afforded in all inclusive. I mean it was not awful but not great, but it was nice to have the variety. Again, for us this was ok as what we expect for our family is different than if it were a vacation just for my husband and I. The kids liked the variety but hey, they like Golden Corral too, smiles. We loved that everyone was always able to find something they liked and were full.

Drinks;
Miami Vice
American Flag
Another Day in Paradise
Piña Colada
Kids LOVED the frozen drinks and be sure to ask to see the kids drink menu at the bars!
The bar area in the Italian Village had live music every night til 10:30, nice variety and very enjoyable.

Allergies:
We have serious food allergies with two of our children (nuts and eggs). The resorts approach is a bit complicated to facilitate so we were only able to do it right a few times. You need to visit the culinary concierge in the Caribbean Village and fill out a separate sheet for each meal you plan to eat...stating the name of the restaurant, time you plan to eat there, and what you want your child to eat (they have the menus for each restaurant there for you to look through). This has to be done at least a day in advance, so if you are like us and not sure where you will end up eating or when this did not work for many meals.
It can be difficult to find someone who actually knows what is in he food at the buffets so we tended to stick with the basics.

Club Liquid:
From 8-11pm this is for 11-17 yr olds. But they will allow parents and younger kids in to which is fun for families. Our whole family went a couple of times during this time and the kids had a blast dancing on the cool dance floor with a live DJ. Then from 11-2am the club is for 18+. Fun for a date night if you like to dance.

Kids Activities:
The kids camps looked pretty good and I noticed many times the kids in groups doing activities or a camp worker pushing a stroller and smiling.

They have stroller wagons you can use here for younger children

Random;
Bring bug spray, mosquitos did come out at night near the end of our trip.

Always up-keep maintenance going on, clean and well maintained. Public restrooms clean.

We bought some sand toys at the resort store, then a family who was leaving told us we could have their buckets too. So when we left we gave them all to a family with young kids too :)

Sunscreen, bring it with you as it is costly here, don't forget the zinc and 100 SPF in case anyone burns early.

Take time to really read through the entertainment planned for each night. We did not and really just lucked into so fun things, like the beach party, the island dance party with a parade, chocolate extravaganza.....something fun and a little different to spice up your evening plans.

Pool towels, sometimes hard to find but man, they were ALWAYS warm!

Hair Braiding:
The independent women on the beach will pretend they do not understand what you are asking for and once they get started and in our case do more than you want and OVER CHARGE . If you want beads-braids done more affordable, use the Beaches braiding hut set up in each village. Don't forget to spray the new braided part in the hair with sunscreen as it WILL burn.

Diving:
Read the fine print regarding diving. Nothing is included unless you are certified. You can pay for basic training packages once here, but it's not included. I would recommend doing the Padi class online before coming if you want to benefit from included benefits.

Weather:
During our visit the flags were either red or yellow the entire time except for a few hours one afternoon it was green, so water activities could be limited if you come in January. The water is cold but if the sun is out it is still enjoyable. Being our first time in T&C, I would be curious to know if the water is calmer other times of the year.

Snorkeling:
Be very aware of their "family" approach to snorkeling....they will encourage you to bring your toddlers with you as "ya mon, little ones need their fun too". Yellow flag and the boat heads out, the waves are pretty strong. They are very attentive once everyone is in the water, everyone wears snorkeling vests and they throw a preserver on a rope out to real in the tired. CAUTION water really too rough for younger ones, our 12 and up were fine but unless youngers are STRONG ocean swimmers and are comfortable using fins, mask and snorkel, save yourself the stress. Walk 10 min up the beach to the left and there is a large coral reef in the water just off the beach that you can walk into from the beach, perfect for youngers, learners or just anyone. You can sign out snorkel stuff for 2 hours at a time, good way to get everyone comfortable using the gear before hitting the water.

Kids:
Lots to do for youngers, tweens and even teens. As for older teens ( young adults), not so much. They treat 18+ as adults so our 18-20 kids are too old to hang in the teen activities but in our family are not granted the status of hanging at the bars drinking alcohol with adults...which is really the only adult evening activity. This age is sort of stuck unless they are fine with the slower pace of pool floating and beach bumming. Do be aware that the drinking age here is 18, so that might be something you want to have an opinion about and discuss with your 18-20 year olds before your trip.

Staff:
I will be honest, my personal experience was that 75% of the staff were neutral to unfriendly. It did not take away from our experience (except for the pasta chef at Giuseppe's..just embarrassingly rude) but it certainly did not enhance our experience. I guess I am not surprised as what can you expect from staff in a line of work which usually receives tips, and does not here. We stayed in the most expensive building that was not adults only at the Atlantis, and the staff there were no friendlier. Again, it looked like people with butlers at least had one friendly they could rely on, but that might be a false assumption.

We will return if seeing another area of the world does not sway our decision.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
15  Thank 9kidsus
Reviewed 10 January 2013

My family enjoyed everything about this hotel. We have traveled all over the carribean (Mexico, Aruba, Dominican Republic) and loved all of them. Beaches Turks & Caicos was our favorite.

Grounds and hotel are beautiful. The water and beaches are great. Plenty of activities for the family on the grounds as you should never be bored here. But, if you just want to relax you can do that.

Plenty of good options for food and all the food we ate was very good. Bartenders were very attentive and got you your drinks quickly.

Highly recommend this hotel and would return in a second

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank KeLeKl

Stayed December 29-jan 7
I have stayed at numerous types of resorts and sandals beaches have never disappointed
Pool. There are 4 each with their own personality from busy to quiet shallow to deep you can pick your style. Each has swim up bar The Italian is busier so chairs are a little harder
Ocean. Beautiful beach is safe to walk could use a few more chairs but ok
Rooms. At sandals we had higher level but when taking kids we went to cheaper rooms. Last time French this time carribean both were just fine. Carribean is a bit older but I loved the location in resort and will return again
Food. Pizza by iguana pool was awesome. It takes twenty minutes and people complained well it is made fresh in the wood burning stove big sitting under a heat lamp do yes it takes a bit Breakfast buffets - some said they are all the same and yes they serve everything from individual omelettes to French toast to local specialties so I guess they are the same very good food for buffet ! Lunch sit downs were all good my kids lived the fajitas at the beach grill. supper We tried all but the adult only and they were all above par to other resort sit downs. My kids loved Arizona my favourite was the lobster risotto at spooners. Kimonos is awesome ! Bobby dee has good food the ice cream and cotton candy put my kids in heaven I wish there night menu was a bit more existent. The kids loved the cafe Paris chocolate fondue
Activities. You can make it what you want sit in a chair and relax or sign up and snorkel it is there you decide how you use it. Kids liked the Sesame Street parade and the open late night at the waterpark. They thought movie at Italian pool was cool swim and watch.
Kids verses adult!!! This is for kids if you do not have kids this may not be for you but do not go then complain about the food , entertainment and pools having been geared to kids ! There are two adult only restaurants and an adult only jacuzzi and really for a kids resort it is so spread out it does not seen crowded

I love it and will return only negative is airport but that is not beaches fault. Arrival is great beaches transfer great bug when you leave go quick our line leaving geez! The girls at ticket counted were slow getting our bags ragged seemed like a rocket science job and once through it is crowded and bork g but that is ok you just had. Week of heaven so passing through a little hell to get back to earth seems right ha ha!

• Stayed: December 2012