“Best Vacation Ever”

Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
West Warwick, Rhode Island
“Best Vacation Ever”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

This was our third trip back to this location. I can't say its one thing that keeps us coming back, it's everything. I meet the hotel manager last year and I have to say that when ever I saw him several times and he always made time to shoot the breeze with us, his name is Lucky and he runs a great resort.

We stayed in the Key west village this year and it was awesome. Barbara the village manager was out and talking to guests to make sure they were taken care of, Top Notch staff. The room was spacious and clean. My wife and kids loved this room, the day bed with a trundle took care of the kids and the other rooms made it like a home away from home for my wife and I. The new look and the infinity pools made it like paradise. Neptune's and the bay side restaurants are the newest and not one complaint. The food and view were great, epically the sushi for lunch.

We stayed in the Italian Village last year and again not one complaint. The room was clean and very accommodating to my two kids with the bunk beds and the Xbox(my son still talks about it) to keep them occupied at night. Let's talk the bar's in this village, Tadane and Andrew were alway smiling and keeping the guests happy and entertained. Mario's is where we ate breakfast every morning. The outside seating and the morning buffet was awesome! Great food, anything you could ask for they had. The pool was Awesome, centrally located which made it the biggest hit for a lot of guests.

Last year my kids were in separate camps. My daughter was 4 so she went to Sesame camp and she never wanted to leave. Maxine and Yovona took great care of her and made it fun.

This year they were both at Pirates Island. Several members of the staff remembered both my kids from the previous year. Yovona was at this camp this year and she is tops in my book, my daughter loves her and she took great care of her and all the kids. My daughter wanted to go down the slide (a lot) and Yovona alway took her. The best part was the kids were able to back in the evening to give the parents time to get an intimate dinner and a night walk on the beach. I can't say enough great things about the staff and this camp, don't change.

We had dinner a Sapodillas restaurant one night and the food was incredible! We had the coconut shrimp for the app and the Lobster tail for dinner both were great. I have to give our waiter Maurice kudos. He was on everything from the food to drinks. He was polite and professional from the start to finish.

The diving is my favorite thing to do on any Beaches or Sandals reports. The boats were set up for a lot of divers and took us to several great dive sites. I saw everything for reef sharks to big sea turtles. The Dive master lead the groups and in my opinion were professional and top notch, Chris, Leon, DK, Oats, Duggy, Lelandand Kedri. I've dove here there separate years and every time I go back I see the two great Boat Captains, Rick and Jacket. The folks who work the center were always helpful and pleasant, Jonny got me on the two tank dive where everyone on the boat got the Bonus treat. After the first dive Captain Rick call everyone to the front of the boat, a Pod of 30-40 Dolphins where playing I. Front of the boat and entertaining all of us.Who could ask for more. Jamie the dive manager was out greeting guests and keeping the dive sites changing. Thanks for the great diving.

Like I said up top, this was the best vacation we ever had. We already booked to go back for our forth time.

2 Thank Jodie D
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Hello and thank you for your review of Beaches Turks and Caicos, Jodie!
It is always so nice to hear our guests say that they had a lovely time and the entire family truly enjoyed their stay with us from beginning to end. We are so pleased that our staff members were able to make this trip such a memorable one!
We will all be looking forward to seeing you again soon for your fourth visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,858)
  • Indonesian first
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 13 December 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Italian village in the Pisa block over looking the pool.it was very nice part ocean view forth floor .the food was very good at the restaurants we went to.iwould like to thank the staff. At neptunes restaraunt ,barrack, Kenneth, and all the rest of the staff .for the exeptional service I would like to wish every one at beaches a merry Xmas and happy new year. Thanks for a wonderfull vacation glyn and Jean Henderson

Room Tip: High floors may give good view
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ace044
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Beaches Turks and Caicos.
We are so pleased that you and your wife had a wonderful time! Our staff will be so happy to know that you have many fond memories of them and your stay!
We hope you enjoy your holiday as well and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Canadian in California
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The best thing about this place is the Sesame Camp / Childcare. We put our baby (5 months Kloe) in the Key West Sesame Camp and I have to say they are amazing. Many have been there for 10 years or more (Lovely, Cassie, Mary...) and I can honestly say are baby whisperers. The entire teams there (including Beverly who really went above and beyond to help my husband & I) are really exceptional (including Sylvia & Yanick). My 22 month old also had a blast on the other side (main Sesame Camp) - so I was very grateful because we actually COULD Relax knowing that our kiddos were in great hands.

Other parts of Beaches. The food is either GOOD or OK (if you are a foodie this is not the place for you). There are several options for dining, so you won't get bored. The Grace Bay Beach is gorgeous and we saw lots of things on our dives (Sharks, Barracuda's...) which is all included (except $10/day for a wetsuit).

The shopping is a little expensive ($18 for sunscream, $54 for mens flip flops...) but good for emergencies.

Again, we are definitely going back, but the impressive child care staff at Sesame Camp have a lot to do with it. They also have a really fun Sesame Parade on Tuesdays which kids go crazy for.

Finally things that can improve: The resort (other than new Key West) is getting a little old. Internet even at $14.99/day was horrific signal. Service at restaurants weren't amazing (with a few exceptions). Massage at the R Spa is OK (nothing spectacular), and finally the one point taken off, we went during the "Agent Travel Stars" where Beaches brings their top booked travel agents here, so a lot of restaurants were closed off, and very loud at 10:30pm so kids woke up, and generally most of the food staff just seemed very stressed - maybe overworked because of all the events (and the CEO of Beaches was in town).

2 Thank Merlot2006
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Thank you for your review.
While we are pleased that you have many wonderful memories of your stay at Beaches Turks and Caicos, we regret to hear that we fell short of meeting your expectations in some aspects. We appreciate you taking the time out to send us your observations and suggestions. As hoteliers, we realize that there is always room for improvement and I will be forwarding your concerns to our resort management team for immediate evaluation and action as needed.
Our response to feedback continues to be in word and deed. We hope that you would afford us an opportunity to demonstrate the same.
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed 11 December 2013

My two year old son, wife and I stayed in the French Village Honeymoon Luxury Room. We found it to be quite adequate although a little dated. Minor inconveniences included a very loud bar fridge which I unplugged as we were not using it, the air conditioning would occasionally drip water and leak along the wall and water pressure was low. I suspect the French Village will be the next to go under renovation? We were also somewhat close to the main stage which can get quite loud for the little ones with the nightly activities.

The Sesame Street characters and handlers were excellent. We took a lot of photos with them and there's several SS activities to partake in every day. Our son looked for rubber duckies with Ernie, had a science class with Super Grover, listened to story time with Zoe and met up at the walk arounds with Big Bird, Elmo, Cookie Monster, Zoe and the Count. Early evening SS stage shows and the parades were also a highlight as was the group SS character photo session on the beach.

The kids dining area at Mario's kept my son busy with the balloons and SS character statues. A staff member (from Dino's Pizzeria) even sat down with him at the little kids table and helped with the food he wasn't used to eating, she was great! The servers at Bella Napoli Pizzeria were also above par. In particular Salvanna (sp?) would take my son to the bar to get a smoothie and go for short walks. She was very attentive and he points out her picture often. He also danced at Barefoot By the Sea with the excellent service staff during Jamaican Jerk Fest.

I went snorkeling everyday (sometimes twice) and the boat staff always asked if we've been to a particular reef previously so they could vary the locations, which were only a few minutes away.

Overall it was the staff at this resort that made our trip that much more memorable than previous vacations.

Room Tip: If I were to book again I would choose a room in the newly renovated Key West Village.
1 Thank MikeB638
Thank you so much for your sharing your wonderful experience and fantastic photos of your stay at Beaches Turks and Caicos! We are so pleased that your family enjoyed their time with us and that you had so many unforgettable moments with the staff and characters! We appreciate your feedback and will be forwarding your remarks to the resort management team for further review as well.
We cannot wait to welcome you back for an even more exciting visit!
Ancaster, Canada
Reviewed 10 December 2013

2nd time there. Favs...crepes from Giuseppe's, stunning beach, water park, gorgeous grounds that are kept perfectly (kudos to the hardworking landscapers). Fav staff members... Tristan our concierge was awesome, JJ at Arizona's, you made us laugh and smile, Monique at Sky Restaurant so kind and friendly, and Barthelemy at the beach, who laughed along with us when are kids were play wrestling on the beach.

Not so favs... the extra internet cost, the lack of price incentives for returning guests as we were very close to rebooking, but nothing pushed us to do it, especially when the prices quoted at the "Soon Come Back Office" were more than what was listed on the website, and the crazy departure lounge in front of the Caribbean Village, we had no idea what was happening in there. We did not receive any information on our check out day as to where or what time we should be exiting the resort. Finally, we called the Bell for our bag pick up and then stood out front of the lobby and after 10 minutes were told to walk to the building in front of the village. We had no idea a departure lounge even existed, then arriving into that spot was chaos. No direction, one person handling many people attempting to smoothly leave the resort. The message we felt, was as soon as our check out time was upon us "all the best to ya, good riddance". We would have rebooked if there was a better returning guest incentive.

1 Thank Jennifer T
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Hello there and thank you for your review, Jennifer.
We are so pleased that you had a great time on your second visit to Beaches Turks and Caicos.
Our staff members will be so excited to hear that they were able to make this trip such a special one for you and your family.
We appreciate your feedback and I will be sending your concerns to the resort management team for immediate evaluation. We want our guests to leave with bright memories of their entire stay with us! I will also contact you privately for additional details of your stay and to see if I can further assist you.
Thank you once again and have a great weekend.
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This summer was our 7 th trip to Beaches. This trip we took our extended family- 8 adults and kids ranging in age from 21-5. I usually book our family trips, but i meet this super nice woman while at a destination wedding named Amy McHugh and it turns out she is the owner of Dream Makers Vacation Services. Amy was amazing at handling all the details and making sure our trip was memorable. We received several perks and i know they are all thanks to Amy and Dream Makers Vacation Services.
We go on vacation twice a year and always end up comparing other resorts to Beaches.The island is beautiful, safe and everyone you meet is happy.
ROOMS- we have stayed in french italian and Caribbean. We choose the Caribbean this time it is the closest to everything and my mother in law has trouble walking far. The resort was great about offering her rides to the restaurants that were a bit of a walk .This ended up being perfect. The rooms were clean and always stocked with drinks. Every night i looked forward to reading the activities for the next day.
BEACH-This is the most beautiful beach around. I could sit there for hours. The water is clean and clear and the sand is amazing. We never had trouble getting chairs (and we were 15 people).
The beach is close to resort grounds so easy for the kids to go jump in the pool or for grabbing beverages.(coconut cooler) We love the paddle boards and went out for hobie rides everyday. The water sport team is amazing always friendly and willing to give a lesson or help you.
The only thing that was some what upsetting was the locals trying to get people to participate in rentals like parasailing etc. They were fighting with each other and made it sometimes uncomfortable.I did report them and the resort was apologetic and is trying to work with authorities to control the situation. Serena was so helpful and checked in daily to see if we were okay and if she could do any thing for us.
POOLS - this time we spent a lot of time at the Iguana pool it is maybe the smallest but it was great for all of us to be together and close to the rooms.
FOOD
breakfast-- Marios is great but seems to be the most crowded.
My daughter always loves Giuseppis they have fresh crepes and next to the cafe so we can start the day with an espresso drink.
Lunch we always seem to do Arizonas the grill is always going and everything is fresh.
Barefoot is my favorite place for dinner and we always have a great meal at the adult only in the French Village.
My older kids spent alot of time at Cricketeers and meet people there age to hand out with.
The Spa is great, i have had several massages thru the years and they are always perfect.
We were celebrating my inlaws 55th wedding anniversary. Amy suggested we do a family dinner on the beach. We arranged this the last night and it was perfect. The food was awesome the service amazing the view incredible- I highly recommend it well worth the extra money.
I could go on and on about this resort and this island. Can not wait to go back
there is something for everyone no matter how young or old.
I will also use Amy and Dream makers Vacation Services for all my future travel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank lisa l
Thank you for your review of Beaches Turks and Caicos, Lisa.
It's fantastic to hear about the amazing experiences you had on your family reunion trip! The resort is an excellent venue for an event like this, there's something for everyone and so many things to experience together as a family! I am sure those memories will last a lifetime!
We hope to welcome you all back again soon!
Labrador City, NL Canada
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We travelled to Beaches Turks & Caicos for our second time in less than two years. This time we went as a group of 5 families (19 people) and had the time of our lives.
It is hard to keep that many people happy when it comes to meals and entertainment, but all of us left the resort saying the same thing - let's do this again!
This time my family stayed in the Italian village as we found the rooms in the French Village were a little small for us (our kids are 13 and 15). Don't get me wrong, the rooms last time were adequate, but this time they were fantastic! The kids had their own bedroom with bunk beds, and my wife and I had a little privacy with a large king size bed and a full bathroom including a large jetted tub (which we never used). The room was stocked with beer, pop, and water, as well as a bottle of wine, rum and vodka waiting for us as we arrived. The view from our balcony was of the Italian pool and the ocean in the distance.
All of our meals were fantastic, with our return each night to the Cricketer's Pub for a night cap or to make fools of ourselves at Karaoke lol
Perhaps the nicest feature of the resort is the beach. My wife and I walked for an hour each morning before the kids woke up. There were times when we were the only ones on the beach. There are no pesky vendors and very few resorts along the way, which is very peaceful and relaxing.
Our whole crowd spent most of our time around the French Pool. We don't like the big noisy crowds and this area suited us perfectly. a small tip - the Turtle Bar in the Caribbean lobby is a great place to cool off, as well as Cricketers. The a/c in these two spots seems to be colder than all the others!
This was a wonderful trip and we are looking at going back in 2015 (after Sandals Whitehouse this year and our free week somewhere else, maybe Antigua or Bahamas) This is an awesome resort for the family and you will not go wrong.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Beaches Turks and Caicos!
We are delighted that your entire family enjoyed their trip and that you all had a great time exploring the resort and the gorgeous island.
And we wholeheartedly agree with your family's conclusion - let's do this again!
We look forward to welcoming you all back soon! :)