My boyfriend and I decided on Beaches T&C after looking through many alternate tropical getaway. It was our first international trip after a winter break from grad school and working. We booked through American Express which had the best deal overall. Working with our agent Dawn was effortless. Initially, I was a bit hesistant due to the cost but it wasn't long after our arrival that I realized that it was worth every cent. We will definitely be back!
Where we stayed: Caribbean Village
Service, Quality, Attention to Detail - All things that describe this amazing resort and their well trained and staffed crew. Just about everywhere we went we were greeting with smile and "hello".
Absolutely beautiful and very spacious. The high ceilings made for incredible comfort for my boyfriend who is 6'5. The room service was impeccable and very stealthy (in a good way). We would get up and casually go out for breakfast and when we got back the room was clean the same would happen when we went out for dinner the same night! These women were definitely on top of their game. And the one time I did observe them cleaning our room the attendant was so gracious and sweet. Bathroom was kept fully stocked with their Red Lane Spa's products lotion, shampoo, conditioner, and bath gel. From day 1 we literally placed our wallets/passports in our safe and didn't have to remove it once. At first I placed money out for the cleaning crew but I noticed after 3 visits the money wasn't touched so we assumed they didn't accept tips of any kind.
We ate EVERYWHERE!! There are 19 restaurants on this property and we literally at about 12 of them. We were there 5 days and 4 nights so we just decided to switch it up daily to see what they had to offer. Our FAVORITE dinners were Reflections (Caribbean Village) as it catered more to true island cuisine and had the most delicious curry chicken I've had in years. I had to force my boyfriend to try someplace new; and Sopadillas (Caribbean). We also enjoyed Giuseppes (French Village) and Sky Lounge (Key West) for breakfast. I'm a southern girl so I was happy to see grits! For lunch and a quick snack we didn't go wrong with Cricketeers, Bella Ni Pollis. Our least favorite was Marios Italian. The food was extremely bland and just plain old boring. We ended up eating someplace else afterwards. Neptunes was okay. If you are a coffee nut like we are then you must visit Cafe de Paris daily for your coffee drinks and pastry. Kimonos was tasty (O'Neil was our chef) but LOUD!! The chef next to us was ridiculously noisy but I guess we should have eaten later (we at at 6pm) after the family/kid rush.
Pools and pool bars - Clean properly staffed and super friendly. Drinks were the BOMB.COM So tasty!
Aside from sleeping, reading and laying around we didn't do many of the water activities. We did attempt to one day but it didn't work out so well (see Cons below). For kids there were many things to do but since it was just the two of us as we don't have kids we didn't participate.
Kayaking - We attempted to go on the water buggies on day but we were told the water was too unstable that day (yello flag) so we didn't press the issue. We were told to try again the next day to see if there was a green flag. The next day there was another yellow flag so we decided to go kayaking instead. We went down to the hut where at least four guys were sitting and chatting to put on our vest and was told very nonchalantely to sign my name and room number and I iwas asked if we'd every kayaked before - which I had. After that, the guy seemed to care less about anything else. He said "okay, go down and take your boat" he didn't give the proper paddles or let us know the water conditions or even assist us getting into the water off the shore. Needless to say we decided after being told that our personal belongings wouldn't be safe to take (I had a clutch) we went to return them to the room and didn't return. It was little to sketchy for our tastes. There were also a couple of other men from an outside company just standing around too.
Not necessarily a con but it should be noted that it Is not included (we were obviously surprised) because everything else is. It worked great. So we paid the $40+ cost for the week and it was fine. Upon leaving we simply emailed the front desk our boarding passes and they will print them for FREE. So that was nice.
Airport: (NOT BEACHES)
There aren't enough words to say about this place. I will sum it up with three letters DMV. It will have you triping over little kids and older people if you aren't careful. Thankfully, Beaches had us on our shuttle in time to get though security before the madness was kickstarted. There is no a/c (only standing oscilating fans) so get there early and have a seat near a fan and try to listen carefully as the intercom is horribly muffled. Oh and wear comfy shoes because there are NO HANGERS you will have to walk to and from the tar mat for your plane and climb the stairs on and off the plane so pack light! We were notified by Beaches that the airport is under construction so patience was imperative.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dive into a one-of-a-kind, unbelievably exciting Beaches all-inclusive Turks & Caicos vacation for the whole family. A 45,000 square-foot waterpark; four magnificent villages, boasting the architecture and ambiance of Italy, France, the Caribbean and Key West; a 12-mile beach lapped by clear turquoise waters; endless fun activities for everyone, from tots to tweens and teens, featuring Sesame Street(R) characters, the new Xbox(R) Play Lounge and a sizzlin' teen disco, Liquid at Beaches-all located on one of the world's best beaches.19 Specialty dining options with everything from Caribbean to Japanese, Italian to French, Seafood to Sushi•7000-sq-ft retail village offering guests" high-end jewelry, fashion, candies, souvenirs•Our very own Pirates Island themed aqua-playground hosting one of the Caribbean"s most comprehensive water parks featuring nine slides, lazy river, surf simulator, water cannons, cranks and spray features•Kids of all ages can enjoy fun and games with Elmo and friends in our Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street(R)•X-BOX(R) Play Lounge with plasma screens and the latest games on the market •Voted Beaches Resorts "World"s Leading Family All-Inclusive" 14 years in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "Turks & Caicos Leading Resort" for the 4th year in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "The Caribbean"s Leading Family All- Inclusive" for the 2nd year in a row•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Resorts "Keeping it Green", American Academy of Hospitality Sciences•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Turks & Caicos for the Italian Village•Five Star Diamond Award- The Resort, Le Petit Chateau Restaurant and Mario's Restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Beaches Turks And Caicos
- Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa Turks And Caicos/Providenciales