“Romantic Getaway”

Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Orlando, FL
“Romantic Getaway”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

My boyfriend and I decided on Beaches T&C after looking through many alternate tropical getaway. It was our first international trip after a winter break from grad school and working. We booked through American Express which had the best deal overall. Working with our agent Dawn was effortless. Initially, I was a bit hesistant due to the cost but it wasn't long after our arrival that I realized that it was worth every cent. We will definitely be back!

Where we stayed: Caribbean Village
Service, Quality, Attention to Detail - All things that describe this amazing resort and their well trained and staffed crew. Just about everywhere we went we were greeting with smile and "hello".

Room:
Absolutely beautiful and very spacious. The high ceilings made for incredible comfort for my boyfriend who is 6'5. The room service was impeccable and very stealthy (in a good way). We would get up and casually go out for breakfast and when we got back the room was clean the same would happen when we went out for dinner the same night! These women were definitely on top of their game. And the one time I did observe them cleaning our room the attendant was so gracious and sweet. Bathroom was kept fully stocked with their Red Lane Spa's products lotion, shampoo, conditioner, and bath gel. From day 1 we literally placed our wallets/passports in our safe and didn't have to remove it once. At first I placed money out for the cleaning crew but I noticed after 3 visits the money wasn't touched so we assumed they didn't accept tips of any kind.

Restaurants:
We ate EVERYWHERE!! There are 19 restaurants on this property and we literally at about 12 of them. We were there 5 days and 4 nights so we just decided to switch it up daily to see what they had to offer. Our FAVORITE dinners were Reflections (Caribbean Village) as it catered more to true island cuisine and had the most delicious curry chicken I've had in years. I had to force my boyfriend to try someplace new; and Sopadillas (Caribbean). We also enjoyed Giuseppes (French Village) and Sky Lounge (Key West) for breakfast. I'm a southern girl so I was happy to see grits! For lunch and a quick snack we didn't go wrong with Cricketeers, Bella Ni Pollis. Our least favorite was Marios Italian. The food was extremely bland and just plain old boring. We ended up eating someplace else afterwards. Neptunes was okay. If you are a coffee nut like we are then you must visit Cafe de Paris daily for your coffee drinks and pastry. Kimonos was tasty (O'Neil was our chef) but LOUD!! The chef next to us was ridiculously noisy but I guess we should have eaten later (we at at 6pm) after the family/kid rush.

Pools and pool bars - Clean properly staffed and super friendly. Drinks were the BOMB.COM So tasty!

Activities:
Aside from sleeping, reading and laying around we didn't do many of the water activities. We did attempt to one day but it didn't work out so well (see Cons below). For kids there were many things to do but since it was just the two of us as we don't have kids we didn't participate.

Cons:

Kayaking - We attempted to go on the water buggies on day but we were told the water was too unstable that day (yello flag) so we didn't press the issue. We were told to try again the next day to see if there was a green flag. The next day there was another yellow flag so we decided to go kayaking instead. We went down to the hut where at least four guys were sitting and chatting to put on our vest and was told very nonchalantely to sign my name and room number and I iwas asked if we'd every kayaked before - which I had. After that, the guy seemed to care less about anything else. He said "okay, go down and take your boat" he didn't give the proper paddles or let us know the water conditions or even assist us getting into the water off the shore. Needless to say we decided after being told that our personal belongings wouldn't be safe to take (I had a clutch) we went to return them to the room and didn't return. It was little to sketchy for our tastes. There were also a couple of other men from an outside company just standing around too.

Internet:
Not necessarily a con but it should be noted that it Is not included (we were obviously surprised) because everything else is. It worked great. So we paid the $40+ cost for the week and it was fine. Upon leaving we simply emailed the front desk our boarding passes and they will print them for FREE. So that was nice.

Airport: (NOT BEACHES)
There aren't enough words to say about this place. I will sum it up with three letters DMV. It will have you triping over little kids and older people if you aren't careful. Thankfully, Beaches had us on our shuttle in time to get though security before the madness was kickstarted. There is no a/c (only standing oscilating fans) so get there early and have a seat near a fan and try to listen carefully as the intercom is horribly muffled. Oh and wear comfy shoes because there are NO HANGERS you will have to walk to and from the tar mat for your plane and climb the stairs on and off the plane so pack light! We were notified by Beaches that the airport is under construction so patience was imperative.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank rouse3883

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,840)
  • Indonesian first
canada
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I love this place. great family resort.
kids loved it and so did us parents.
doesn't get much better than this. they don't have to photo shop the pictures because it really is just like the pictures. staff awesome they go out of there way to help you. like if you ask where's this or that they don't just point and give directions they will take you and show you the whole time smiling.
don't stay in room 245 or near if you are a light sleeper, Caribbean village. service elevator is loud you`ll hear dishes and movement.

love this place thank you Beaches for a great stay dec 2013

Room Tip: Caribbean village has no exclusions from other villages pay less get less modern room but who spends...
1 Thank vannmalas
Carp
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We have been going to beaches T&C for the past 5 years. 4 trips in 5 years and it is always amazing. It is like going home. We have stayed in the French and the Italian and both are great although we now favor the Italian Village. Monique at Barefoot is fabulous and her blue mountain coffee is out of this world. The way she welcomed us each day and bonded withour daughter was honest and sweet! Javier in Players is always a joy! He goes out of his way to ensure that everyone is happy! TJ and the guys at the dive shop showed our 18 year old daughter a good time while she got her scuba certification. The grounds are clean and safe. Our 4 year old loved camp sesame and always enjoys participating in the parade. There is no better place to get stellar weather, great food ( adults only restaurants are the best :-)) and a safe and fun environment for all age kids. And of course the beautiful beach.. It is a pricy vacation but there is no need to leave this paradise. We travel many times throughout the year and always believed that there are too many places in the world to go back to the same place but T&C keeps us coming back!

Room Tip: Italian Village 5th floor SPECTACULAR VIEWS!
2 Thank Jody M
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Thank you for sharing, Jody!
It's wonderful to hear of all the fantastic experiences you and your family have had through the years at Beaches Turks and Caicos! Our staff will be so pleased to hear about all the ways they positively added to your stay and all the standout memories you shared with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I cannot see what there is to fault about this resort.. the staff are all exceptionally friendly and made us so welcome from the moment we arrived.. this was our second visit and it was even better this time as when we previously went they didnt have the Italian and west key villages. Turles bar was great and Akien, Alex and david are a fab team... although a bit cold in here at times !!!! cant fault the food... there are plenty of a la carte restaurants so not sure how people can say there is only buffet ? didnt have one evening buffet in 11 nights as there are so many a la carte to choose from... pool bar at Arizonas is great .. scuba diving was fab and the team are so friendly and professional and took us to some great sites... schooners breakfasts are lovely ... we was in the parrot cay suites which were a perfect location for us with the dive school and everything we wanted nearby. loved the water park even though we havent got kids lol.... the resort is just so friendly and must be doing something right as there were a lot of repeat guests.
concierge team were always so helpful sandra lee missing you already .... I am sure we will be returning again in the future ....

Room Tip: key west village seemed very quiet... i found the parrot cay suites a great location for us near to...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jendeanp
Thank you for your review!
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your second visit to Beaches Turks and Caicos! We are delighted that we were able to exceed your expectations and that you thoroughly enjoyed the changes that were made in your absence.
We hope to welcome you back again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We Visited Beaches T&C for our second time for 5 nights over the week of Thanksgiving. We loved it (again) We used Dream Makers Vacation Services this time and Mike McHugh was awesome! Not only was he extremely helpful from the first day we talked with him (over a year before our travel date), but once we got there we found he got us an upgrade on our room.

My son has special needs and we utilized one of the nannys at the resort. The resort had told me that I had to coordinate it once we arrived - however, Mike was able to get a nanny lined up for me and made sure we would have the same one all week and let me know who it was, so I could start talking to my son about her. This was very important to us and Mike made it happen. I'd definitely recommend Dream Makers Vacation Services!

We had a great time. We were overall happy with the food and number of choices. Buffet at the Sky Lounge was ok at best. Soy was awesome the chef was dynamite. (don't remember name, but chef on 11/26) We enjoyed breakfasts at Barefoot on the Beach. My son loved Bobby Dees and Byron took great care of him.

I wish you could sign up for diving prior to arrival. We arrived on Sunday and looked forward to diving, but were told they were all booked up til Thursday. We could go on the wait list for the rest of the days. We were not happy about that, however, Gustavo from the dive shop took care of us and we were able to go diving Monday morning as hoped.

We did have to have maintenance come to our room 5x to fix our leaking air conditioner. Each time they would say it was fixed, and then a few hours later it would start leaking again. (not a drip, but a stream). They always sent someone out promptly and they did give us a small credit on our bill for the hassle.....but 5x - it was getting real old!

My son has dietary restrictions. We worked with Marlene in culinary services. (I think she needs help atleast on holiday weeks or other times when the resort is pretty full) She was very helpful, but was always running in several directions. My son's food was usually there when it was supposed to be (not always, but the servers would either track down his sheet or request new order and get it prepared quickly) One breakfast, we had requested at 8am, after asking for status multiple times at 8:35 they finally brought his meal out. Someone then came and told me that they had it made, but realized they had used oil that contained soy and had to remake everything. I EXTREMELY appreciate that they realized this, but why couldn't someone have come and told me this while it was going on. Having a hungry boy wait for 35 minutes is no fun!

Yvonne - my son's nanny was AWESOME! She watched him when we went diving and each night so hubby and I could go out to dinner. This made the best of both worlds for us - allowing us to have both family time and alone time.

Overall Great trip - Great weather, great service, great memories! We had a few glitches, but we would definitely go back again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Pam_H1
Hello and thank you for your review, Pam.
We are so pleased that you had a wonderful time at Beaches Turks and Caicos! I will be sure to pass along your kind remarks to our staff members. We also appreciate your feedback about the few challenges that you encountered and I will be sending them to the appropriate departments for immediate evaluation and action as needed.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I'm here as we speak writing this review from room 203. All I can say is ask questions about your room BEFORE you arrive. Our room is right above Reflections, a bar in the Caribbean Village. From 9pm to 1am every night they play techno dance music that literally rattles things in our room. We are here with a 2 and 4 year old for our "family" vacation. I asked if it would be possible to change rooms and they told us there were not any available. Needless to say being awake for several hours in the middle of the night with two kids is not relaxing.

25 Thank James D
Hello and thank you for your review, James.
I'm so sorry to hear that you aren't enjoying your stay with us. I have sent you a private message to see how we can resolve this matter while you are still on property. I encourage you to reach out to our Guest Services department as well. Please give us a chance to make this up to you. We always want to ensure that all of our guests are having a wonderful vacation and it would be nice if we were able to turn things around for you.

Thank you for your review. We look forward to making contact with you soon.
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Pros: great beaches, great food restaurant choices, awesome cafe, beautiful surroundings, friendly service

Cons: we stayed in the French villa second floor and we had ants and mosquitoes in our room. The kids got bit all over and were miserable. Also the room was outdated.

Overall great vacation but I expected our rooms to be bug free given how much we paid for this vacation.

• Stayed August 2013
6 Thank Yuleester
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Thank you for your review.
We regret to hear that we fell short of meeting all your expectations during your stay at Beaches Turks and Caicos. Insects and pests are indigenous to the Caribbean and the tropical climate makes us susceptible to their intrusion. Every effort is made to minimize their presence on property through our continuous pest control program. Notwithstanding, there will be times when they find their way inside.
We take great pride in providing our guests with the perfect vacation and I will be forwarding your concerns to the appropriate departments for immediate evaluation and action as needed. We do request that while on resort you notify us of anything that does not meet your standards. We are always willing to work with you to make sure you walk away feeling like your stay was money well spent.

Thank you once again for your review.