“Great Family Vacation”

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We spent 5 nights at Beaches Turks & Caicos during the first week of December.
ROOM: We brought our two young children (1 & 3 yrs old) and both grandmothers. The 3 bedroom villa in the Key West Village was a perfect accommodation for our family. It was on the far side of the resort but we preferred the quiet atmosphere and close proximity to the beach.

PROPERTY/ACTIVITIES: The property is beautiful and well maintained. Our kids loved the waterpark and daily Sesame activities. We didn’t arrange for any additional Sesame activities like the breakfast or “tuck in.” I can’t speak to the benefit of those but we saw the characters plenty of times throughout the day so as not to feel like we missed out. There are so many pools it seemed like we discovered a new one each day. We’ve been to other resorts where you have to get to the beach early to claim a spot but we never felt like this at Beaches.

FOOD: I was hesitant about the quality of food at an all-inclusive but I was pleasantly surprised. It wasn’t terrific but there are plenty of good options, probably the best dinners were at Mario’s, Arizona’s, and Kimono's.

SERVICE: The staff was unbelievably friendly and helpful. So many people stopped to chat with us and even entertain the kids. Two servers at the Bayside restaurant, Rea and Susan, even played with our daughter so we could have a few minutes to enjoy our breakfast. I wish I could remember everyone’s name to properly thank them...Beverly was extremely helpful during our check-in process and Syndi was so pleasant during check-out. We worked with Susan of Susan Peavey Travel to plan our trip. Considering this was our first time and the resort seemed so large, I really appreciated her ability to guide our travel plans, room choice and location, etc...

The only negative I would mention is that wi-fi is not included. It was an additional $42 fee.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Hello and thank you for your review.
It's wonderful that your entire family had an awesome time at Beaches Turks and Caicos. We are delighted that your expectations were not only met but exceeded in many ways!
We hope to welcome you back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (10,966)

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Let me start by saying that we had a slight thought this hotel could be a little cheesy just because there is sometimes a stigma that comes with the Beaches name. We were wrong. It is not cheap, but worth the money. We just returned from a week at the resort and had a fantastic time. I can not think of a better place for a family with kids (3,5 and 6). Knowing very little about the resort and having stayed at places like Parrot Cay in Turks, St. Regis in Bora Bora, Rosewood Mayakoba in Mexico without children, we were in search of the perfect getaway with kids and we found it. Honestly, it was the service and the staff that made all the difference. Fedeline, Maxime, David, Tarnesha, Rianna, Ashlee and the others overseeing the camp activities helped make this the best possible vacation for our family. The fact that you can drop off kids any time of day and pick up any time (we would drop in, pick the kids up for lunch or take them to the beach) made it seamless and simple. We never thought the kids would love the camps as much as they did and I would say this is a VERY strong point at this resort. You can really feel that these individual instructors love kids and their work and I felt they each gave 100%. I just ask that credit is given to them all from senior management because of the 5 families we met, 4 returned mostly because of the incredible camp staff. The Sesame Street parade was incredible and we were smiles the entire time, while our kids participated with their counselors.

In addition, any time we needed anything, hotel staff was there to help and make us smile. "Fortune" at Kimono's was one of the biggest hits of the trip. He puts on a show that is worth waiting for and we loved having him entertain and cook for us. It was definitely a party with him at the healm. And let's not forget the man who cleaned our room daily...he always had a smile, even with a job that is not all that favorable. These little things make a HUGE impact. And the many restaurants to choose from -- some more formal than others, but all very relaxed -- was a big plus. We had some surprisingly great meals. When a resort is big and there is a lot of food to be served, the quality is questionable. People don't go to Beaches for the food, and we had little expectations and again, we were happy with everything. We had a few great lunches at the newly opened Neptune restaurant and got a smile every day from the same hostess.

I thank Beaches for making this special and we absolutely plan to return.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter vacation, stay in the Key West Village. Brand new, beautiful and great restau...
5  Thank JenniferJB

Hello and thank you for your review, Jennifer!
We are thrilled that you had a fabulous time at Beaches Turks and Caicos and that you were pleasantly surprised at all the great things that were available to you and your family. Our staff will be pleased that their efforts at making your stay an unforgettable one were successful.
We look forward to welcoming you back on a future stay!

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I have been going to beaches for several years now and never have the disappointed. From their incredibly well kept grounds to their amazing activities beaches T&C never fails. What really adds to my vacation is always the staff who go out of their way to insure we have a great vacation. From players like Corey, Theodore and Javier , to waiters like Judy, Byron and Francis. To the Camaro who is incredible at what he does ( one of the best dj's I've heard) and always has a smile on his face, keeping the party going and always making sure everyone is having a fabulous time. To all the amazing dive shop staff( Odaine, TJ , Chris, Johnny, Lynden, Dk, Wendrico, Tia, Duggie, Kadri, Brunel and Shandy) Beaches T& C is the ultimate vacation and what ties it all together is most definitely the staff who puts so much effort into making it the most memorable vacation!

1  Thank C S
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We went to T&C week of Nov23rd with our 5 year old and 8 month old sons. We stayed in the Italian Village. What an experience it was! We had issues with Turks being shut down about a year ago & then had flight issues- so we were glad to finally made it there. Staff is super friendly and kind.Once we got there, manager Janelle called and personally welcomed us considering what we had gone through. We rec'd such a warm welcome. They even tried to upgrade us to Key West but we liked the Italian village better.Our suite at the Italian village was more convenient with 2 young kids. Every single staff member- whether at bar, restaurant, front desk- they always had a smile on there face and always were so welcoming. We have never ever rec'd this level of customer service and care- it was EXCEPTIONAL. Our 8 month old son-Mason-unfortunately got sick the very next day. Nurses on site and doctor were quite helpful. Mason had some sort of viral infection and his fever would rise all the way to 103. Staff knew how stressful it was for us worrying about our little one. Mason would throw up anything he ate or drank- only thing he seem to keep down was his cereal or fresh fruit smoothie. Staff at the bar will go to the restaurant- get fresh fruit and make smoothies for Mason. They would keep it in the fridge for Mason and would bring it by the pool whenever we needed it. Unfortunately, we ran out of cereal- I went to the front desk to see where the closet supermarket was. The evening concierge team said "don't worry about it we got it". One of the staff member went to the supermarket and got the cereal for us- they wont even take the money from us. Jaydon, Kirshana,Luccerine, Thomas,Berry- you guys are simply amazing! On Thursday, Mason was still sick but our older son Aiden was in Sesame street parade- so we went to watch him. Upon our return to our suite; there were flower pedals on the bed, champagne on ice, deserts some gifts and most importantly a hand made card wishing us joyful moments ahead (Thank you Krishana)! I was in tears only to hear my older son scream out of joy! In his room- there were toys for him, shirt for Mason and yes another hand made card wishing Mason a speedy recovery (Thank you Jaydon). I cant begin to tell you how much that meant to us!!! We would get phones call -even from sales dept. asking how Mason was doing and to see if we needed anything at all. Janelle (director)- you are an exceptional leader and Thank you for accommodating us. We are very thankful for your generosity. As you can see our son Mason was very popular - unfortunately he had fever the entire week- well the very last day he finally started to feel better. Oh and I cant forget the Kids club! It was our life saver and what made our older son -Aiden;s vacation a blast!We never fully trusted Kids club anywhere else and Aiden never liked them til this one. At the club- kids days are filled with fun activities and are led by caring and friendly staff members especially Todeline and Shana. Aiden's first day at the club- we went to get him from the club atleast three times but he didn't want to leave! Thank you everyone at the Kids club for making this vacation so memorable for Aiden. If it wasn't for you Aiden would have been stuck with us in the room or by pool. Even though it wasn't a relaxing vacation due to Mason illness- we had a great time -all thanks to the staff . Thank you all from bottom of our hearts. Hopefully we will be back again to thoroughly enjoy the resort as it meant to be! Happy Holidays to all the staff at the Beaches! Lucky- I know we never go to meet you in person but i will be writing a letter to go more in detail how amazing your staff is. Janelle- Thank you!!!!:-)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kiran N
Reviewed 17 December 2013

My boyfriend and I decided on Beaches T&C after looking through many alternate tropical getaway. It was our first international trip after a winter break from grad school and working. We booked through American Express which had the best deal overall. Working with our agent Dawn was effortless. Initially, I was a bit hesistant due to the cost but it wasn't long after our arrival that I realized that it was worth every cent. We will definitely be back!

Where we stayed: Caribbean Village
Service, Quality, Attention to Detail - All things that describe this amazing resort and their well trained and staffed crew. Just about everywhere we went we were greeting with smile and "hello".

Room:
Absolutely beautiful and very spacious. The high ceilings made for incredible comfort for my boyfriend who is 6'5. The room service was impeccable and very stealthy (in a good way). We would get up and casually go out for breakfast and when we got back the room was clean the same would happen when we went out for dinner the same night! These women were definitely on top of their game. And the one time I did observe them cleaning our room the attendant was so gracious and sweet. Bathroom was kept fully stocked with their Red Lane Spa's products lotion, shampoo, conditioner, and bath gel. From day 1 we literally placed our wallets/passports in our safe and didn't have to remove it once. At first I placed money out for the cleaning crew but I noticed after 3 visits the money wasn't touched so we assumed they didn't accept tips of any kind.

Restaurants:
We ate EVERYWHERE!! There are 19 restaurants on this property and we literally at about 12 of them. We were there 5 days and 4 nights so we just decided to switch it up daily to see what they had to offer. Our FAVORITE dinners were Reflections (Caribbean Village) as it catered more to true island cuisine and had the most delicious curry chicken I've had in years. I had to force my boyfriend to try someplace new; and Sopadillas (Caribbean). We also enjoyed Giuseppes (French Village) and Sky Lounge (Key West) for breakfast. I'm a southern girl so I was happy to see grits! For lunch and a quick snack we didn't go wrong with Cricketeers, Bella Ni Pollis. Our least favorite was Marios Italian. The food was extremely bland and just plain old boring. We ended up eating someplace else afterwards. Neptunes was okay. If you are a coffee nut like we are then you must visit Cafe de Paris daily for your coffee drinks and pastry. Kimonos was tasty (O'Neil was our chef) but LOUD!! The chef next to us was ridiculously noisy but I guess we should have eaten later (we at at 6pm) after the family/kid rush.

Pools and pool bars - Clean properly staffed and super friendly. Drinks were the BOMB.COM So tasty!

Activities:
Aside from sleeping, reading and laying around we didn't do many of the water activities. We did attempt to one day but it didn't work out so well (see Cons below). For kids there were many things to do but since it was just the two of us as we don't have kids we didn't participate.

Cons:

Kayaking - We attempted to go on the water buggies on day but we were told the water was too unstable that day (yello flag) so we didn't press the issue. We were told to try again the next day to see if there was a green flag. The next day there was another yellow flag so we decided to go kayaking instead. We went down to the hut where at least four guys were sitting and chatting to put on our vest and was told very nonchalantely to sign my name and room number and I iwas asked if we'd every kayaked before - which I had. After that, the guy seemed to care less about anything else. He said "okay, go down and take your boat" he didn't give the proper paddles or let us know the water conditions or even assist us getting into the water off the shore. Needless to say we decided after being told that our personal belongings wouldn't be safe to take (I had a clutch) we went to return them to the room and didn't return. It was little to sketchy for our tastes. There were also a couple of other men from an outside company just standing around too.

Internet:
Not necessarily a con but it should be noted that it Is not included (we were obviously surprised) because everything else is. It worked great. So we paid the $40+ cost for the week and it was fine. Upon leaving we simply emailed the front desk our boarding passes and they will print them for FREE. So that was nice.

Airport: (NOT BEACHES)
There aren't enough words to say about this place. I will sum it up with three letters DMV. It will have you triping over little kids and older people if you aren't careful. Thankfully, Beaches had us on our shuttle in time to get though security before the madness was kickstarted. There is no a/c (only standing oscilating fans) so get there early and have a seat near a fan and try to listen carefully as the intercom is horribly muffled. Oh and wear comfy shoes because there are NO HANGERS you will have to walk to and from the tar mat for your plane and climb the stairs on and off the plane so pack light! We were notified by Beaches that the airport is under construction so patience was imperative.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank rouse3883
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I love this place. great family resort.
kids loved it and so did us parents.
doesn't get much better than this. they don't have to photo shop the pictures because it really is just like the pictures. staff awesome they go out of there way to help you. like if you ask where's this or that they don't just point and give directions they will take you and show you the whole time smiling.
don't stay in room 245 or near if you are a light sleeper, Caribbean village. service elevator is loud you`ll hear dishes and movement.

love this place thank you Beaches for a great stay dec 2013

Room Tip: Caribbean village has no exclusions from other villages pay less get less modern room but who spends...
1  Thank vannmalas
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We have been going to beaches T&C for the past 5 years. 4 trips in 5 years and it is always amazing. It is like going home. We have stayed in the French and the Italian and both are great although we now favor the Italian Village. Monique at Barefoot is fabulous and her blue mountain coffee is out of this world. The way she welcomed us each day and bonded withour daughter was honest and sweet! Javier in Players is always a joy! He goes out of his way to ensure that everyone is happy! TJ and the guys at the dive shop showed our 18 year old daughter a good time while she got her scuba certification. The grounds are clean and safe. Our 4 year old loved camp sesame and always enjoys participating in the parade. There is no better place to get stellar weather, great food ( adults only restaurants are the best :-)) and a safe and fun environment for all age kids. And of course the beautiful beach.. It is a pricy vacation but there is no need to leave this paradise. We travel many times throughout the year and always believed that there are too many places in the world to go back to the same place but T&C keeps us coming back!

Room Tip: Italian Village 5th floor SPECTACULAR VIEWS!
2  Thank Jody M
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you for sharing, Jody!
It's wonderful to hear of all the fantastic experiences you and your family have had through the years at Beaches Turks and Caicos! Our staff will be so pleased to hear about all the ways they positively added to your stay and all the standout memories you shared with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!