After reading some reviews, I probably set my expectations too high for what is truly a nice vacation place. We felt the food was just average unless at a sit-down restaurant for dinner. The housekeeping and grounds staff were the friendliest there. Our front desk clerk kept us waiting for our key for 20 minutes with no explanation. Many of the hosts in the restaurants were stiff and formal. (We never did figure out why they needed our room number and family name when there was no charge for the food.) One waitress strangely would not take our dessert order until we let her clear our dinner plates, even though we were trying to get our kids back to bed before they started to act up. The biggest irritant day after day was running out of pool towels. I would think a resort such as this would know how many towels it takes to serve its guests.
Our room, a one-bedroom suite, was wonderful and impeccably clean. All of the pools were great. The extra-charge Tuck-In with Elmo was a great hit. The character breakfast was chaos, but not surprising. When one of our kids needed some medical attention, the nurses station was very attentive.
The photography company on-site has a lot to learn about organizing its shots. When we went to view our photos, we had to sift though photos taken of many other families on the same day or at the same venue. It took forever. Ultimately we chose not to buy anything because we were so tired of the process and it was rather expensive.
With young kids (5 and 2), we did not take advantage of everything Beaches has to offer. Because of that, it was not a great value for us. Even so, we will probably try the resort again in a few years.
(Not the resort's fault at all, but the airport there is a mess. The security lines took forever and the international departure lounge is crowded and has few services available. Easily the worst airport experience I have ever endured.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dive into a one-of-a-kind, unbelievably exciting Beaches all-inclusive Turks & Caicos vacation for the whole family. A 45,000 square-foot waterpark; four magnificent villages, boasting the architecture and ambiance of Italy, France, the Caribbean and Key West; a 12-mile beach lapped by clear turquoise waters; endless fun activities for everyone, from tots to tweens and teens, featuring Sesame Street(R) characters, the new Xbox(R) Play Lounge and a sizzlin' teen disco, Liquid at Beaches-all located on one of the world's best beaches.19 Specialty dining options with everything from Caribbean to Japanese, Italian to French, Seafood to Sushi•7000-sq-ft retail village offering guests" high-end jewelry, fashion, candies, souvenirs•Our very own Pirates Island themed aqua-playground hosting one of the Caribbean"s most comprehensive water parks featuring nine slides, lazy river, surf simulator, water cannons, cranks and spray features•Kids of all ages can enjoy fun and games with Elmo and friends in our Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street(R)•X-BOX(R) Play Lounge with plasma screens and the latest games on the market •Voted Beaches Resorts "World"s Leading Family All-Inclusive" 14 years in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "Turks & Caicos Leading Resort" for the 4th year in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "The Caribbean"s Leading Family All- Inclusive" for the 2nd year in a row•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Resorts "Keeping it Green", American Academy of Hospitality Sciences•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Turks & Caicos for the Italian Village•Five Star Diamond Award- The Resort, Le Petit Chateau Restaurant and Mario's Restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Beaches Turks And Caicos
- Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa Turks And Caicos/Providenciales