“best vacation ever!”

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 7 February 2014

My family and I have traveled many times to the carribean and we've had many nice vacations. However, Beaches Turks & Caicos has been the best! We just got back from a 6 night stay and we can't stop raving over it. The beach and pools are awesome. The water slides were so much fun not just for my 15, 14 and 10 year old boys but for my husband and me too! The food was delicious especially the jerk station by the pool. It was so nice to walk right from the pool to the buffet and have a light snack or a full course lunch! Our favorite experience was at Reflections for breakfast and dinner, though, where we met two very special people who work there....Marie and Roger. They made our stay at Beaches that much better! It's always nice to have the employees acknowledge and do something nice for me and my husband but when they go even further and treat my children with love and respect, there's nothing better! The staff including concierge who answered our request to move to a better room, the housekeeping who always tidied up our messy room, the staff who stocked our refrigerator every day and brought us special treats, the bartenders who always made special drinks for my boys and the waitresses who always had a smile on their faces all helped to make our stay the most special we've ever had. We already booked for next year! And I don't want to forget to mention how delicious the brick oven pizza was by the pool....the margherita and meat lovers were our favorites!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Patti J

Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

So I had to go on this vacation because so many people I knew went and raved. We stayed in the Italian area and that was really Nice. Clean rooms, centrally located. A lot to do for the kids and adults, great activities, and beach. Drinks and staff were great. Very clean place. A must do for the kids.

Few things: So, I am a foodie from NYC, generally willing to pay a little extra for good food and I found myself generally disappointed- especially in the evenings. I like food to not just taste good but to be well presented. The best evenings were Kimonos and Soy. For kimonos, Make reservations immediately when you get to resort. It definitely books up. The other restaurants were disapponting. For our part, we didnt let it get in way of Enjoyment. My husband and I had a date night to Coco Bistro (amazing!) and took the kids to lunch one day at the Regent Palm. Very nice and relaxed.

Come with cash. There is no ATM on property and taxis are expensive. It is 12 per person and 6 per child to get anywhere out of Beaches. Town and airport ( we thought the shuttle left way too early so elected to do the airport via taxi- buying us some time) for example. Also for parasailing, we were able to negotiate and cash is definitely king. Just saying.

Finally, I have a suggestion for Beaches. It is clear that the ambiance of old Veranda (new Key west village) is quieter, classier and more relaxed and appeals to that clientele. That has been maintained. however, They should also make some of those restaurants upgraded where you can pay more for finer quality food with a chef, an upgraded pool menu. Ex, We took a Disney cruise last year. It was great for adults and kids, and at night, for an additional sum per reservation we had a blast. we were there every night pairing wine and yummy pasta dishes or French food. It was fabulous! This would be great for Beaches! Just a suggestion of course.

Have fun and book! Fabulous trip. Thanks for reading!

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank CariJill
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We had decided to stretch our budget and finally go to Beaches Turks and Caicos, which had been on our 'wish list' for a few years now. To give this review some context, my family is my wife and our 2 girls (aged 7 and 4) and I. The cost for Beaches is more than most all-inclusive resorts but now that we have been I can easily say that I see the value in this resort and we can't wait to get back there!

Overall we had an amazing time, there is so much to do and the service is beyond what you would expect. We had so many plans before we left of what we wanted to do, but once we got there it quickly became about the beach, the waterpark and the pools! I have taken a few minutes to put together a review and I hope it helps a little.

The Resort

Its a large resort, much larger than we are used to. It is made up of 4 areas (Villages). It doesn't take long to walk from one end to the other, but people with small kids and strollers should take note to give yourself time if you going from the Caribbean Village to Key West for dinner!

The Caribbean Village is where we stayed and is the closest to the beach. It is also the oldest area of the resort and the rooms are somewhat dated, but very clean and since we were only in the rooms to shower and sleep it worked fine for us. This is also where the kids club is located.

The Italian Village is close by. People we met there told us that the rooms here are beautiful.

The French Village is where the main stage is for nightly entertainment. We happened to spend a lot of time here as my kids liked the pool here and we soon got into a habit of visiting Cafe Paris for afternoon pastries and cappuccino's!

Key West is the newest part of the resort and very beautiful. It is a bit of a hike away so we only went there once but had a great time. In the evenings they have live music by fire pits, very enjoyable for the whole family.

They do have WiFi available however it is $42.99USD per week. For a resort of this class I would have expected that to be included.

Food and Drinks

There are 19 different restaurants!! A few are buffet but most are a la carte, which we really enjoyed. Its nice to go to an all inclusive resort and get more than buffet food. Of the 19 restaurants I believe 2 are adults only. You can walk into any restaurant at any time and they will seat you, the only place that needs a reservation was Kimono. We tried many of the restaurants soon had our favourites (Schooners and Arizona’s). We liked the food everywhere but these restaurants were the best for us and our kids.

As for drinks, all the drinks were fantastic. They serve the usual liquor but also top shelf stuff.

Pools and Waterpark

I have no idea how many pools there are…LOTS! Important to note is that the Caribbean Pools are not heated so a little cooler than the others. The Italian pool was party central, busy but always a great fun crowd. The French pool was where we went most often because it was heated and large but less crowded.

The kids loved the water park and so did we! The lazy river, water slides and pirate play ship were big hits with my kids. As a bonus Bobby Dee’s is close by for food but more importantly cotton candy and ice cream!

Beach

OMG! Is all I have to say….white sand that was baby powder soft and turquoise blue water! Lots of chairs around so no need to wake up early and put a towel on them. We even found some of the covered seating available - a nice change. The water is crystal clear and there is a nature reserves (reef) just 10 mins from the beach where you can snorkel and see lots of great sea life.

Kids Club

We had planned on sending our kids to the club as they really enjoy it and after watching the video on the Beaches website they were really excited about it. However, in the end they didn’t go. There is so much to see and do that we all enjoyed being together and time just flew by. From speaking to other guests we heard mixed reviews…some loved it and some definitely didn’t.

Unbelievable service at the resort, they made a good holiday great! I would especially like to thank Mario (Manager at Schooners), Bruce and Natalie at Schooners for taking such great care of my little ladies, David at Reflections for wonderful service and spoiling my wife, and Andrew the bartender at the Italian pool for surprising my girls with new drinks and for finding coconut water for my scotch (if you’ve never had it, do so!).

I would also especially like to thank Cynthia (the manager at Caribbean Village) for spoiling the girls and a big shout out to Fayon. Our flight got cancelled on the way back and Fayon spoke directly to the AC Vacations reps to make sure we ended up back at Beaches where she had a nice room waiting for us. THANK YOU!!

Nothing is perfect, not even in paradise and so I want to mention the one negative of our trip….Carl the bartender at the French pool. He was rude, especially to kids. He seemed like he enjoyed socializing with the other bartenders but made us feel like we were interrupting him when ordering drinks. He also got rude with my 4 year old when she changed her mind about which drink she wanted, not something I will ever stand for. I hope the managers address him as he his poor service stands out in a place where service is a 10/10 usually.

Beaches Turks and Caicos really was paradise and thank you once again for making this the best vacation my family have ever had. See you soon!

15  Thank Rak73
Reviewed 4 February 2014

First of all, this was our first all inclusive as we usually cruise. Our vacation was Jan 20-29 2014. we stayed at the Italian village. Very clean & well appointed rooms. Mini bar filled with beer, juice, milk, pop, wine etc. Fresh fruit & snacks everyday. All thanks to Randy & Davion, our butlers.
The pool area was always clean and not overly busy. Seems most of the kids were very well behaved and so were most of the adults as well! Ran short on towels a few times, only problem we saw.
The water park was a good time. 5 water slides, lazy river, swim up soda bar & ice cream. The kids loved going here, as did I.
Food was plentiful. I preferred the food here over any cruise we had been on. My fave was Arizonas. Its a Tex-Mex restaurant serving lunch & dinner. Lunch was buffet featuring jerked pork & chicken, tacos & other lunch favorites. The steaks served at dinner were excellent and on par with a very good steakhouse. Ribs were also very good. Did not care for "neptunes" restaurant much.
NOW, lets talk about some of the SO-SO aspects of the trip.
DIVING & the DIVING DIVAS as I call the employees @ the dive shack. First of all we signed up for the Resort diving course. It was advertised as take the course and you could go on a dive everyday. Not so. You were allowed to go diving once. I had to get the butler to try and get me on another dive. Which he did. The Diving divas didn't seem too impressed. They told me I had to get on the waiting list & Blah Blah blah, if anything opened up blah blah blah. I told them they had advertised unlimited diving with the course. They said that was for certified divers only. Make sure you find out exactly what is entailed with the resort course before you spend your $$ on this. Another quirky thing about the diving, I was on a dive, pulled out my camera to take a couple pics, one of the instructors (Divas) swam down and pulled the camera right off my wrist !! Not kidding. Apparently resort certified divers can't take pictures ? Absurd if you ask me. At least I got the camera back. I was looking forward to the diving more than any other part of the trip. The diving itself was OK, the employees really took away from the experience.
Most of the service was OK, but it seemed like a lot of the employees were just there and not really happy. A cruise ship has the service nailed down compared to these guys (with the exception of the butlers)
All in all, Beaches TCI was a decent family destination. Lots to do, but always room for improvement.

Room Tip: Get a butler!! Get Randy & Davion
8  Thank Jim C
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Hello there Jim,

While we were pleased that you enjoyed the discovery dining options and your accommodations, we were disappointed to note that you were not fully satisfied with the service you received from some of our staff. The professionalism of our dive staff and operation has often garnered praise in many of our reviews on Trip Advisor, which leaves us quite disappointed that your experience was not indicative of the norm. For this, we apologize.
I have sent you a private message for a few additional details about your stay and so we can discuss your concerns further. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I read all the reviews here about Susan Peavey Travel, so I checked out their website. I read their link about why I should use a Gold Preferred Agent (which they are, deservingly so!) Number's 4,5 and 7 made our vacation fantastic!!

Susan was so knowledgable about the resort it was obvious she knew the resort and staff inside and out. Our butler Antonio at the resort knew her and when we mentioned her name, it was like he was talking about a rockstar. There was no request he couldn't handle.

We visited over the MLK resort, and the resort was pretty full. Susan recommended we sign up for the Scuba certification right after we made our reservations, good thing we did other people we met at the resort weren't able to get into a class until 3 days before they were leaving. Our class was on our first full day and we were able to dive another two days. Susan recommended we move our vacation a ahead a day to Saturday take advantage of the direct flights.

Susan had Andrea in her office help us with the scuba reservations, spa reservations and suggestions to discuss with our butler to make all our dining reservations to make sure we got the times we wanted WE DID!! My daughter loved Kimono's and Antonio was able to make sure we ate their twice!
My husband and I visited a Sandals twenty years ago for our honeymoon and Andrea was able to find our points in the old system and apply them to our vacation.

The resort was itself was insane!! It was like the Disney of the Caribbean, no trash, no dead flowers to be seen. My kids loved the water park it was the first place they wanted to go everyday. We had breakfast at barefoot almost every morning DH loved eating with his toes in the sand.

The best part was I didn't have to take out my credit card the entire time we were there. Next time I will book earlier to make sure we get into the Key West Village.

Room Tip: If my kids were younger I would have wanted to be on a first floor room placing the pool for easy ac...
2  Thank Kathleen L

Dear Kathleen,

We are thrilled to hear of the amazing time you and your family had at Beaches Turks and Caicos and that your stay was perfect from beginning to end. We appreciate you taking the time to share all the memories that made this trip special and we will forward all of your kind remarks to our team!
We hope to welcome you all back again soon!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

While Beaches itself is fantastic - the best all inclusive holiday ever, most the guys on the beach itself selling excursions are crooks. We went fishing with Captain Ross. The boat broke down three times and we ended up having to get a taxi back to the resort. We were supposed to pay $750 and we told them we would only pay $550. Shouldn't have paid anything. Next day his partner Smooth got all upset that we didn't pay enough!! Their boats and equipment are junk. Don't trust them.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank John S

Hello and thank you for your review, John.

We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review of Beaches Turks and Caicos and for letting us know that you really enjoyed your time with us. We regret to hear about your unfortunate incident with the local vendor and we hope this did not taint your happy memories of your time in paradise with us. We encourage you to visit the Island Routes desk the next time you visit with us. The staff will make sure you enjoy your explorations of this beautiful island for sure!

We hope to welcome you back soon for an even better time!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

We have been 3 times, stayed 4-7 nights each time, with kids ranging from 4 to 12 years old, in Jan, June, and April.

We have stayed in the Caribbean, Italian and French sections.The Italian village is the most central to everything and next to the best and heated pool. The Caribbean would be my second choice.

Towels get sparse in the late afternoon. Grab 2 spares when you can.

The gift shops have greatly improved their stock of sundries and sunscreen, but of course double the price of an American store. You cannot bring too much sunscreen.

Best off resort excursion is the Undersea Explorer for folks who don’t snorkel or scuba. You can see everything they did and much more while looking out the windows of a semisubmarine. Family owned, sweet people.

Key West property was acquired by Beaches and remodeled. Although very cute architecture, it is far from the main resort events and the pools are not so great. The new Key West restaurants were fabulous but crowded.

There are plenty of beach chairs now that Beaches has acquired the properties on either side of the original resort.

Beach sports. Anything without a motor is free: paddle board, kayak, windsurfing, sailing (they will send out a staff person with you if you don’t know how to sail), tricylces. HOWEVER, watch the flag. Green is good. Yellow limits some activities and red is closed. Once it was on yellow or red, the staff were sluggish to put it back to green later in the day even if the winds had died down.

Don’t bother looking at the weather, except for general highs and lows. Most dark clouds blew over within an hour if not two. We never had a day of all rain. HOWEVER, I do recommend a light windbreaker rain jacket for those pop up showers and any boat ride.

Napoli's pizza is amazing pizza but amazingly SLOW. Order to go, go swim in the iguana pool for an hour and come back in 45-75 minutes. None of the other restaurants were this slow.

Kimonos Japanese restaurant - make reservations the day you arrive. Then show up 15-30 min prior to your registration and you can probably be seated early.

The Beaches staff, 95% of them, are outstanding. I am impressed that they can keep a huge smile and a genuine, how are you? when they encounter rude and demanding guests.

Kids camps were great. We used them towards the end of the trip when we were getting tired of each other.

Walkie Talkies are a must. The property is huge. A 10 minute walk from one end to the other.

Laundry is $4 a load. If staying more than 5 days, budget for that.

There is a local beach market about 50 yards from one of the resort gates from about 9-4 daily except Sundays. Haggling is expected. The gate is behind Dino’s pizza, near the back of the lazy river (you can see it from the top of the waterslides. Sometimes they bring the market to in front of the Caribbean village.

This last trip, we met the nurse for a laceration. She was extremely professional and knowledgeable of how the local ER works and costs. We elected to steristrip the cut and did fine.

The departure lounge has showers with hair dryers and such. You will see your luggage again before check in at the airport. Don’t waste your last morning at the resort.

My suggestions for Beaches.

Registration was PAINFULLY slow. EVERY TIME. Please send an email 1 week prior to travel with links to preregister. We didn’t realize there was a 4 day limit to pre-register.

Open a lunch buffet at 11:00 preferably Reflections. Most lunch options open at 12:30.

14  Thank SmithMomof2

Hello and thank your review, MommaSmith.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit to Beaches Turks and Caicos and took the time to see all the additions and upgrades we have made to the resort. We are sure that many readers will find your insight helpful when planning for their own visit and we appreciate all of your input. I will also be sharing your suggestion for improving the check-in process and lunch options with our management staff so that we can keep improving upon the overall experience for our valued guests.
Thank you once again for your review and we hope to see you again soon!