“A nice location on a beautiful beach”

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Boston, Massachusetts
“A nice location on a beautiful beach”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Beaches in Turks and Caicos is located on a beautiful beach. The buildings and grounds were clean and well kept and the workers were all friendly and helpful. Minor complaints: too many of the restaurants were offering buffets rather than ordering from a menu. Such buffets are fine for breakfast or even lunch, but not really suitable for dinner. Sapodilla's is the best restaurant there, but on the night we chose to go there, there was an hour's wait, so we passed. (They don't take reservations.) My other complaint was the matter of "premium liquors" which Beaches/Sandals boasts about. I was fine with the local rums and the various beers available, but instead of Kalhua, the had "Prestige cafe liqueur." Instead of Bailey's Irish Cream they offered "Brogan's Irish Cream." Can you think of any restaurant or hotel that would not carry the genuine items? Again, minor complaints, but one pays enough and it is annoying to be nickled and dimed in this way.

Room Tip: Having seen all of their buildings, I still prefer the original Caribean Village. It is close to th...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mack28614

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,863)
  • Indonesian first
Florida
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Our family stayed here May 2014 (two kids, ages 3 and 21 months) and we loved it. This isn't our first Beaches experience so we had an idea of what to expect. What we didn't expect was how large this resort really is. The size has it's ups and downs.
Ups: So much to do, 19 restaurants, not as crowded because its more spread out, more pools, more bars, just, well, more.
Downs: Prepare to walk a lot, we got lost a few times, not very personal, were social people so we were bummed when we started talking to people and never seen them afterwards, the villages were very well separated (we didn't even know about a section that was a part of the key west village until the day before we left!)

BEST PART OF TURKS WAS THE 15 MINUTE DRIVE FROM THE AIRPORT. It was nice to get there super fast :)

We have stayed at quite a few Sandals locations and stayed at the other Beaches in Jamaica last year. Turks really stands out for the food alone. There was many different options and many restaurants to chose from. Arizonas had delicious steak, Kimonos was a one of a kind experience (ask for Fortune Cookie to be your chef... he'll make your dinner a comedy show) and Barefoot had yummy eggs benedict, Mario's made me shrimp linguine from scratch (wasn't on the menu) and it was DELICIOUS. Seriously, we didn't have one bad meal.

The bar and bartenders were about equal to the other resorts we've stayed at. They are NOT professional bartenders. In fact, some of the recipes you may know to be basic drink mixes are not the same as they know to be basic recipes. I must say that I drank a lot and never felt a thing. But feel free to ask for doubles or triples and they will do it with a smile on their face. The main bar in the Italian Village, next to the concierge office, has a bartender named Rolando who always had a smile on his face, made some of the better drinks we had, and also was SO good to my son. My son couldn't walk past without a fist pump :)

Our room was beautiful. We were upgraded for being returns to a suite in the Italian Village that overlooked the pool. I forget the name of the room but it was the one with the kids bunkbeds in a separate room. Ahhhh, it was soooo beautiful. Having two little ones, the upgrade was perfect since we spent more time that most in the room for naps and baths, etc. But if you plan on spending a lot of time out of the room, spending that extra money on the room may not be worth it.

The resort was very clean, antibacterial sanitizer is located all over the resort, there are 1800 staff members so at any given time, someone is there to help you, the resort in a whole is very kid friendly (there are a lot of kids so I don't know if I would like it as just a couple), staff is friendly, ocean is beautiful & clean, and the resort is safe.

If your traveling with little ones, you really must use the Sesame camp sitting services. Being honest, I don't like leaving my kids with people and in places I don't know. We tried this in Jamaica and it did not go over well. We decided to try it again here and my kids loved it. After being told to request Maxine, we did so and I seen why she was recommended to us. Maxine was so natural, kind, pure and loving to our kids. They didn't even want to leave the first visit at the camp. Maxine took them to shows, out to eat, swimming in the 1 foot kiddie pool at the camp center, involved them in arts & crafts with other kids, took them back to our room so they could nap, and even got them take home toys to remember her :) There was nothing like watching my daughter (21 months) run to her screaming out of excitement to see her and then give her a huge hug... I wish we could have taken Maxine home with us haha. Another person who treated my kids liker gold was Danala from Marios restaurant. She was funny, very funny, and genuinely interested in us and our kids. Going to these resorts, you can separate the people that fake being nice because they have to and then the people that are true to who they are. Danala is just genuine. We loved seeing her. We also loved seeing Bryan at Bobby Dee's and Suelan at Marios. My son ran to them for a hug and kiss. Awesome people. Because of all these experiences, we rebooked for next year. :)

The one experience during our stay that stood out was the fact that Beaches did nothing for our anniversary (they had it on record) yet Kisty from Island Routes sent us strawberries and champagne with a card to our room. Every other resort did something special for our anniversary except Turks (see what I mean about personal touches because this resort is so large). Kisty is an employee of Island Routes, not Beaches although Beaches would be lucky to have her, but she was remarkable.

All in all, this resort is great! We booked for next year while we were there. :)

Room Tip: Key West section is much more quiet. Italian Village is more upbeat (especially the rooms over looki...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank amylynne1224
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We loved everything about our stay at the resort! This place has so many reviews so I will try to keep my comments short.
Best restaurant service: Cricketer's Pub
Best overall server: Juvilyn (Sapadillas)
Best adult only dinner: Sapadillas
Best lunch buffet: Mario's
Best bartender: Rio (Italian village poolside bar)
Best made to order breakfast: Schooners
Best family dinner: Barefoot by the Sea
Where you should stay: Oceanfront Italian Village (great views, best pool, best access to watersports)
Drink you should try: Dirty Banana
What you shouldn't eat: Sushi (just not the best, but I'm a sushi snob)
Pizza you should order from Bella Napoli: Barbecue Chicken
Thanks to our wonderful housekeeping staff: Paulna, Doreen, Elliot and Rose.
About the airport... Our US Airways departure flight was delayed 3 hours. When we arrived there were at least 4 other flights leaving at approximately the same time (there were other airlines delayed also). This leads me to believe delays out of PLS are common. There is one bathroom in the airport after you get through securtiy that is pretty dirty. There is no air conditioning. It was so crowded when we arrived that in able have a place to sit we had to be outside on the upper level of the airport for the first 1.5 hours of our wait after security. There are no flight tracking boards. Our check in line took us 45 minutes to get through. The elderly and young kids that had to wait in the heat were absolutely miserable. There are very limited electric outlets to power your devices. There are no drinking fountains. Other travelers told me it is best to depart on weekdays to avoid overcrowding and delays. Just be prepared. As a mom of young child I will be waiting for news of airport improvement before a return to T & C.

6 Thank 3RiversMom
Rowley, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We spent a week at Beaches in Turks and Caicos and had an amazing week. We have been traveling to the Carribbean for 5 years now and this was by far the best resort we have been to. It is a great place for families with so many things to keep the little ones busy. The beach is pristine, the food is excellent with so many restaurants to choose from, the water park is lots of fun and the pools are great. We stayed in the Carribbean Village and were very happy there. It was centrally located with easy access to the beach and water park. The Carribbean pool was our favorite with lots of activities and not as crowded as the Italian pool. The service was all very good but hands down our best server was Jeneboy from the Carribbean pool. He took such great care of us all week and was just a really good natured kind person. Thanks Jeneboy!!! Ordering wood fire pizzas was fun and eating them on the beach made it even more cool. We also enjoyed lots of great snorkeling right off to the left side of the beach. No need to bring water shoes - there are no rocks or seaweed - just beautiful water. We booked through Dream Makers Vacation Services and they did an excellent job making sure everything with our trip went smoothly. They made a reservation for us a Kimonos which was a huge hit! Thanks!

7 Thank eamorland
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Our family of 4 (children ages 6, 9) spent a week at Beaches Turks and Caicos in April. What a fantastic resort-beautiful, clean, so many activities, and warm, welcoming staff. It seemed as though all staff- from housekeeping to landscaping to concierge- were encouraged to say hello to each guest that walked by them and ask if they were enjoying their stay. I was especially impressed by Kirshana in the Italian Village concierge. I saw her manning two telephones at once professionally and efficiently while attending to me as well at the front desk! We stayed in the Italian Village and had a first floor walk out to the pool in the Tivoli building. The kids had their own room with a bunk bed, however, there was a trundle under the bottom bunk so that both kids could be close to the floor level and no one had to sleep on the top bunk. It was incredibly convenient to have a slider out to the pool deck. It was also great to have a patio to sit out on when the kids needed some down time during the day. My husband and I could still be outside and read while the kids were indoors resting. The Italian Village is teeming with activity, which I like. Key West was quiet and subdued, but also beautiful. Key West did not have a large pool like the other villages.
We ate at Marios buffet every morning which was great. I especially liked Bayside in the Key West Village for buffet dinner. Such a beautiful setting for dinner overlooking the beach. It offered kids food, as well as great food for the adults. It even had a sushi station!
Rita, who manages the Bayside restaurant is a hard worker and thankful manager. I found that most of the staff there were very grateful to be working for Beaches. They make sacrifices to live in Turks and Caicos and hold meaningful and well paying jobs. Rita left her one year old and fiancé in Jamaica in order to manage Bayside and sees them on her vacations. The manager of Bobby D's also left her 6 children in Jamaica in order to work at Beaches. They take great pride in what they do and feel very fortunate to have this opportunity. Because of that, they want to provide good services and make guests happy. I even had two workers say that if it weren't for the guests they wouldn't have a job, so they are thankful to us for vacationing there!
Although it was crowded the week we were there, the only place that it was noticeable was at the pool. But, when it got crowded we went to the beach or the water park.
The food was generally good. I found that Arizonas in the Caribbean Village had a fresh veggie platter every afternoon that my kids liked to eat. They like raw carrot sticks and red peppers and that was hard to find. Most veggies and salads had a dressing on them. Then I realized I could just ask for it wherever we were eating dinner and they would cut up some carrots for the kids! Another tip is that if you want to take food out of a buffet and bring it to your room or the pool, you need to ask the hostess for a box. You can not find it without asking.
Oh! You have to take advantage of the professional photographers they have at the resort. There is no obligation to buy the pictures, but you won't be able to resist as they are that good!

We all loved out trip and did not want to go home. While I was there, I could't help think about how and when I could make this trip happen again. It was just lovely. Thank you!

Room Tip: Italian Village is full of energy and has great family suites. The Italian village has bunk beds tha...
6 Thank jodi b
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Our vacation to Beaches Turks and Caicos was absolutely wonderful!
There is so much to do, great food, and the best service! It was our second trip to BTC and the staff made us feel like we were coming home and we received the best welcome back from Onica! We met Onica last year and my daughter was counting the days till she could see her again this year! She made our trip exceptionally special this year and last year!!

My daughter and 2 nieces loved the kids club. They did a fashion show, talent show, water activities, crafts, kickball, tye dye...and more! The staff (especially Nara and Fender!) really watches the kids like one of there own. I felt like my kids were in the best care!!

The Caribbean pool was our favorite place to hang in the daytime. Not too big, fun atmosphere and the beach right next door! Go see Robert and Jeneboy at the bar, they are always in a great mood with a big smile and remember what kind of drinks you like! They made us feel so welcome everyday!

The spa was beautiful and sooo relaxing. I had a wonderful pedicure with Marilyn and my daughter had one with Nichole (she gave her lots of sparkle!). On another day I booked a foot massage with 20 minutes notice, no problem! Lorna did an absolutely wonderful job and I will go again next year!!!

All of our dinner servers were so attentive, but Jodenel at Schooners and Anthony at Sapadillas were excellent and so nice.

The shows were so much fun! We met Maya who was a great dancer and she had the best personality during the texas holdem tournament! Love her hair too!

Our rooms were always so clean and lots of towels! I wish I could have that kind of service at home!

Lucky, Mario and Lucy have the best staff!! Great job to everyone!

I recommend BTC as a great family resort! There is something for the whole family and you will not be disappointed!

5 Thank ljgottler
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Location: was great, right on the beach! We stayed in the French village and it was not near the beach and was a 10 minute walk so you didn't really seem in the Caribbean. It was very expensive for what you got. We have stayed in many different hotels in the Caribbean and have received two rooms connected for our family of 4. Here for the same price we were all crammed in one room. We were in the french village and had no patio/deck. This was not helpful because we could not hang up our clothes.

Food: The food was overall not good. It had no taste- very bland. The only restaurant that was better was Barefoot by the Beach. The food was also passed its due date. For example, we dined at Kimonos, where the chicken tasted not right. When you dine at Mario's, you do not feel in the Caribbean- it is dark and dingy. When you hear 19 restraunts, you think 19 good restraints with many choices.

Cleanliness: The resort was very clean and work is being constantly done. The cleaning ladies are very good.

Activities: The activities are good but you always feel rushed. We took a sailboat out and were told we only had 30 minutes. The resort seemed very busy. The italian village was VERY packed with people. My kids, 14 & 16, went to Club Liquid and it was empty, not one person.

It was overall very expensive, and I would NOT go back.

Room Tip: Recommend Italian village facing the beach or Key West villages.
6 Thank Sarah B