“Beaches Turks & Caicos...Great Week, Great Staff !!!”

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We just got back from a fantastic trip to Beaches for a destination wedding. The resort is huge and a week is really not long enough to enjoy all the restaurants and to see all the sites. All the restaurants we ate at we had great meals but I have to rave about the lunch at Arizona's. We ate lunch at Arizona's everyday as they served Jerk chicken & pork on the grill and also varieties of meats on the grill. We spent most of our time with our group at the Italian Village pool and the bartenders at the pool bar, Andrew & Leighton, took care of the wedding party all week. They went above and beyond with their service for everyone. I would also like to give a big thank you to the bride and groom's butler, Ellen, should took exceptional care of everyone all week from getting Cabana's and chairs, filling the coolers and bringing lunch everyday for the group. She also took care of getting a group booking at Kimino's for 30 people which is no easy task. I must say that the entire staff at Beaches was extremely courteous and personable and they could not do enough for you during our stay. The wedding staff put together a beautiful ceremony on the beach and followed it up with a great reception on the beach which lasted well into the night. It was a great week!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa

Reviewed 14 May 2014

My husband, eighteen year old daughter and I just returned from our eight night vacation two weeks ago. We stayed in the Italian village in a suite facing the pool. All except one day we ate at Mario’s for breakfast where we enjoyed the great breakfast selections. My family all agrees that our personal favorite items were the chocolate croissants and freshly squeezed orange juice (can be found on a machine on the wall. must try). Besides just the food being great, the service there was excellent. Carolyn waited on us almost every day that we ate there, and she was extremely accommodating, pleasant, and friendly. Ulysses was also very accommodating and made a special trip to the kitchen to get extra pineapple for my husband. My husband enjoyed the cappuccinos from the café in the French village the best.

For lunch we went to Dino’s for pizza. It was a thirty minute wait, but well worth the freshly baked brick-oven style pizza. Cricketer’s had good burgers and fries, and a toffee bread pudding dessert. Bayside also had a good lunch buffet with a variety of options. For drinks by the pool, I recommend the Mudslide, Hummingbird, and Dirty Banana they were all very refreshing. Lukes was wonderful and served us our drinks poolside. My daughter loved getting ice cream from Bobby Dee’s as an afternoon snack. She also liked the Banana Royale and brownies at the French café.

We really enjoyed our dinner and server, Marlone at Barefoot by the Sea. Soy had excellent sushi, and we even went there three times for dinner. Rheggi and Michael were great servers. Our favorite restaurant for dinner was La Petite Chateau. The butternut squash tortellini, French onion soup and the tenderloin were delicious. Rauddaline waited at La Petite both times, and was very friendly. All of the Beaches staff was pleasant, nice, cheerful and accommodating.

Apart from the food, the beach was beautiful. My daughter and husband went snorkeling, where they saw a barracuda it is an experience that my daughter were surely not forget. It took about a five minute walk down the beach to get there, but it was well worth it the coral and marine life was beautiful. The water was crystal clear. We went to the Italian pool every day where we laid out in the sun, at temperatures around 84 degrees. There was a nice breeze, it was perfect. My daughter and I got massages at the Redline Spa in the Key West Village, and the atmosphere was very relaxing and the masseuses were wonderful. At night we went to Cricketer’s for drinks, where they had a nice bar atmosphere where Natalia and Rui waited on us. Our room was immaculate, and was cleaned daily. They came down every night for turn down service to see if we needed anything. The house cleaning service was excellent. There were mostly families there with younger kids.

This was our fourth time returning to Beaches Turks & Caicos, and we were not disappointed. We plan on going here again in the future. We had a great family vacation.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sunny42010
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My Husband and I celebrated our 45th Anniversary by taking our two adult children and their spouses and 3 grandchildren ages 6 through 11 to Beaches in mid April 2014. The facility is beautiful and the food and beaches and staff were excellent. The only complaint we had was with the check-in. We had to fill out lots of paperwork and answer questions that we had already answered (ex. passport #'s for all of us). After a long day of travel the check-in took way too long. However, as soon as we saw the facilities and amenities, the check-in issues were forgotten. It was expensive but it was worth it

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I just returned from a 5 night stay at Beaches with my husband and children ages 5 & 8. Overall the resort was beautiful and well maintained. Many options for dining, watersports etc. One of the best beaches I've ever seen and we've traveled extensively in the caribbean and mexico. We stayed in the French village and the room and accommodations overall were great. However, here are my critiques. The resort is TOO large. As one of the previous reviewers mentioned you would rarely see the same person twice. We tend to stay out of the room all day at the pool/beach but sometimes we might forget an item back at the room and it was such a trek. The food quality over all was ok but I do wish they had more variety. Even thought there were multiple restaurants, they all served the same thing with the exception of the specialty restaurants. Also the entertainment was just ok. I didnt really feel the staff tried to get people involved in activities and the nightly shows were a bit boring. Considering the amount of money this resort costs I expected better. Overall I enjoyed my stay but would not return. I've gotten better value for my money in punta cana, Jamaica and even mexico. I didn't really feel the resort is worth the money. Also, don't forget your sandals. My husband forgot his and the mens sandals at the resort shop ranged form $50 to $102 USD!!! He had to wear his sneakers the whole time. I'm sure he learned is lesson.

Room Tip: If you like activities you should select the Italian and /or Caribbean villages. they seemed to hav...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank beboop591
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

We are a family of 14 from age 8 months-60 and we all had a great time. This was our third time to this resort. We stayed in the French Village ground floor. Recommend this as you have a little patio with 2 chairs and hanging rack. Very convenient.
Let me start with the negatives. The rooms in French village are in need of renovations. Starting to show some major ware. Especially the bathrooms!! Very outdated, old, moldy, rusty tubs. Would never dream if having a bath in that. We also killed 2 cockroaches in room while there. The pool at French village got closed a lot at noon and even once for the entire day. A little inconvenient. We had a 2 bedroom suite and the safe in one room did not work and the air conditioners in 2 rooms did not work. The airport for departure is also a nightmare (not Beaches fault). Would love to see them have there own "beaches guest" lounge/seating area in the future.
That being said there are far too many positives to let any of this spoil a minute of this fabulous vacation.
The pros: super safe on resort and the beach, the pools are great, bars and bartenders all super friendly, the restaurants(so many to chose from and all good). The beach was gorgeous. We will definitely return but stay in Caribbean 2 bedroom suite as we were told it was undergoing a renovation in September. Soon as French Village rooms get renovated I would stay there again. Water park is super fun! Kids loved ice cream at Bobby Dees and I loved pastries and coffees at cafe de Paris. Love this place!!

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Resort is very beautiful, staff is friendly, but I found the resort very noisie and loud constantly from 8am , allot of kids 10 and under 2 pools closed for the whole day because of kids soiling in the pool. There were 5 nurse sharks seen swimming up and down the shore . Food was good not great for a five star resort I was disappointed,ready to go home after a week, was not relaxing. Diving school there was excellent very impressive

Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Christine C
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Hello Christine,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. We regret to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay at Beaches Turks and Caicos. We strive to exceed all our guests' expectations and we are sorely disappointed if we fell short of this goal. We value all of your input and I will be sharing your comments with the resort management team for immediate evaluation. We hope that you will return and allow us another opportunity to serve you more efficiently on a future visit.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

location: excellent
room: very good (carribean hotel)
hotel: excellent
food: excellent
personnel friendly trying to please

on the map it looks like a great distance but the resort although large it is not enormous

in depth:
the beach is superb; sand is like fine salt and water is extraordinary; we always found a nice place to seat at any time
the room is not very large but has everything you need
the hotel grounds are exceptional; there is a madness about cleanliness and the gardening is taken very seriously
the pools are different village by village and I recommend visiting all since they have different favors; I still like the best carribean since there are trees and some natural shade
pools are fine for kids of all ages depending on the village

a total different experience is the water park; my kids had a blast and made friends; we actually spent our time between beach and park everyday; it is not very large but big enough

the restaurants are excellent; we liked a lot the sushi place; we did not expect much for an all inclusive sushi but it blew us away; we were not impressed by Arizona

the French restaurants were very good;

overall a very good resort
we did not take advantage of many of the activities available but we had an excellent time
there could be more even more worth it when the children are older

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family