Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Baltimore, Maryland
“Honeymoon”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My fiance and I honeymooned at this resort from 5/26-6/2. We had never been to the island before so we were really excited. I called a month before we arrived to let them know that we would be celebrating our honeymoon. They had me email a picture of our wedding invitation so that we would get all the honeymoon "perks" which I was told would be champagne upon arrival, flowers/chocolate covered strawberries in our room and breakfast in bed/mimosas one morning of our choice. A great perk of this resort is that the shuttle ride isn't more than 10 minutes from the airport. When we arrived, we were quickly taken to our room. The room wasn't bad but I guess I expected a little bit more for paying over $6,000. We were never greeted with champagne but were so tired from the flights that we decided not to worry about it and go to sleep. The next morning, we went to the front desk to let them know that we were on our honeymoon. The lady there simply told us that the person who deals with that wasn't in that day but she would leave a note for them. No big deal we thought. The food was simply awesome. We did buffet style for breakfast every morning. Cafe de Paris in the French Village has THE best crepes, muffins and coffee. Our favorite dinners were at Schooners and Neptunes. They are both absolutely beautiful restaurants with a great view of the beach. The food at both was spectacular! I have to admit that we ended up at Bobby Dees every evening for their soft serve ice cream-amazing. My husband also loved their burgers and pizza for lunch. This is a VERY kid friendly resort. I can see why families love it. If you aren't into screaming children, the Key West and French Village pools are much more calm and quiet. The Ocean is SO gorgeous. I've never seen anything like it! We really wanted to take a boat ride so we figured we would ask our concierge if there was anything available. They were very short with us and told us that all they had was a sunset boat ride but it had been booked for awhile and there was a wait list to get on it. It would have been nice to know before we arrived that activities would book even before our arrival. It seemed like they wanted nothing to do with us and just kept pointing for us to leave and go talk to the outside activities desk (water activities that you have to pay extra for) At this point I was really unsure of what the whole point of paying for the concierge was. I asked the front desk and they said they weren't sure. We ended up booking a kitty kat cruise for the next day at $98 per person. A little pricy but so worth it. It was a 3 hour boat ride with snorkeling and a DJ and open bar. Lots of fun. The next night, we wanted to eat at Kimonos but saw that it was a reservation only restaurant. We called our concierge to see if they could make us reservations. They said Kimono's line was busy and they would call us back if they were able to get thru. After about 30 minutes, we called the concierge back and they said the line was still busy. We tried again an hour later only for them to tell us that the line was still busy but maybe we could get in the next night. We paid a lot of money to have "concierge service" ..couldn't one of them walk across the lawn and get our name on the list? It just seemed like pulling teeth with them. I overheard a lady in the concierge office complaining to the manager that she called the concierge about removing a glass coffee table from her room so her baby wouldn't get hurt. She said it took multiple calls and 3 days before anyone did anything about it. We spent our first night at Club Liquid for their "celebration night" My husband and I played a newlywed game. As one of our prizes, they took our name and room number and said something special would be delivered to our room the next day. By the last day there, we had not received a prize or seen anything special for our honeymoon. We told the front desk again and by that afternoon, they had delivered a small plate of 3 strawberries to our room. Despite all of these little things, we didn't let it get to us and we had an amazing time. There is no place like Turks and Caicos!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Darcey P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,801)
  • Indonesian first
nj
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We just returned from a 5 day stay. Had an awesome time! First, the grounds are beautiful as well as the beach. Stayed in the carribbean village and the room was fine- we were never even in there. We had our 15 month old with us- we liked this location because it was close to camp sesame and the beach.

The staff really makes the whole place- they are so friendly and really go above and beyond- I do think the staff at the reception could be a little friendlier but everyone else was AMAZING- especially the staff at Camp Sesame

Camp Sesame is so well run, clean, and safe- my son naps at 12 at someone always stayed back with him while the other kids were at lunch, we also brought him there for bed time and never had any problems- they knew his name and what he liked from day 1- loved this place! We got to snorkel and relax while we knew our son was in good hands

The activities for kids were great and something different each night

One thing I thing they could do is by the toddler waterpark- there is foam padding but then concrete so the little kids would fall- they could just extend the foam padding it would be much better

Food was great- really liked Neptune's, Kimonos, Soy, the 2 adult restaurants

AWESOME beach, hotel, and staff- will definately return!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lara22377
San Diego, California
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Our family with three boys aged 11, 6 and 3 spent 8 wonderful nights here. The older boys loved the kids clubs. The younger one tolerated it while we did our dives. We had a great room right by the beach and scuba hut. The food was good and diverse, the rooms was large and clean, the water was warm and beautiful and the people were very friendly. We've been all over the world and this has been one of our favorite family vacations. We plan to go back in a couple years. In May the resort was only half full which was great.

Room Tip: Caribbean villas are closest to the beach and water activities
Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My husband and I recently traveled to Beaches Turks & Caicos with another couple. We had yet another wonderful experience with the Beaches/Sandals company!

I'll start with the rooms. We had a room in the French Village overlooking the French Village pool. It was a standard room which suited us nicely. The bathroom was sizable and there was plenty of room for storage. Our friends stayed in the Caribbean Village, which aside from the temporary (unavoidable) power outage was definitely nice as well. The Caribbean Village is closer to the beach, whereas the French Village was closer to the pool.

The resort itself is HUGE. On day one it felt a little overwhelming, but by midweek we started to find our way around, and appreciated all the extra space. None of us have children, and while we knew this was a kid-friendly resort it was nice to have the options of relocating to a quieter space when we wanted to just relax. The resort was very clean and well-kept, I have no complaints whatsoever with cleanliness.

The food was wonderful. I've never had a bad food experience with any of the Beaches/Sandals properties, however this culinary experience deserves mentioning. Le Petit Chateau was absolutely the best restaurant on the resort. Mario's runs a close second in my opinion.

Last but definitely not least, I must mention the staff. We had an incredible experience with almost all the staff members, I commend Beaches/Sandals for hiring such quality workers. Some staff I'd like to personally thank for their positive effect on our experience are Pamela from Bobby Dee's, Kevon from Schooner's restaurant, Judy and Byron from the Italian Village Bar.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Choochie7
New York
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Since many of our friends had visited Turks & Caicos with their small children we thought we would give it a try. When we traveled we had a 2 and 4 year old. From NY the location could not be better with only a 3 1/2 hour plane ride. As for the resort itself, it was perfect. We stayed in the Italian Village which was definitely where it was at! The pool was perfect for both my children. Plenty of kids to play with and while it was hoping during the day, it was quiet at night. We never had any issue with noise..even from the neighboring rooms. There is so much to do here that the kids were never bored. The water park had appropriate slides and activities for all age children. There was always "kid-friendly" food available..at all times. Everything being included made it no fuss. Never waiting for a bill at dinner, etc. Lunchtime got a tiny bit crowded, but we never waited more than 10 minutes to be seated if we wanted to. Most days we just brought our lunch to the pool.

I'm a pretty picky person when it comes to childcare so I figured we wouldn't use Camp Sesame. However, when I saw the babysitters around the property we quickly realized they were all extremely competent, well trained and friendly. Both my kids spent time every afternoon at the actual camp where they got intimate meet & greets with sesame street characters (even Elmo!), snacks and toys. For 4-5 range kids the camp building has its own playground and baby pool. If you are uneasy about leaving they will provide you with a cell phone and call you if you want an update or need you.

There is a family show every night on the main stage with the sesame street characters as well as an adult show as well.

Of course this was all possible through Michael at Dream Makers Vacation Services. He took care of all the details and provided us with a very detailed booklet of all the information and vouchers we needed. He even made some dinner reservations as well.

Be sure to book your complimentary beach photo session when you get there. We had Romain (like the lettuce) as our photographer and he was able to take gorgeous sunset photos of my very tired and crabby kiddos. Character breakfast is also worth it for kids under 5.

Two "cons" that I would like to mention. If you can AVOID going home from the airport on a Saturday. The airport is very small and while they are working on making it bigger, they literally cram a dozen flights into one tiny space. This can cause major headaches on Saturdays in particular during high season.

Second "con" is that like any resort seating at the pool is always a struggle as well as a very limited amount of shade. Just be prepared to get up early to reserve seats.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thornton, Colorado
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Room: The French Village is showing its age. The rooms are comfortable and large, but the bathrooms are showing some age. You are not in your rooms much, so its a god value. The rooms have two sinks. We always get a king room with a trundle. My 9 year old and 3 year old are fine. Even my 38 year old sister sleeps on one in her room. Housekeeping cleans your room twice a day. The French Village front desk is very helpful. On the first night, a party was very loud outside our room and the kids could not get to sleep. After calling the front desk, they said they would get things quite. Shortly thereafter, the music was turned down. Sarah also called the next day to apologize and let us know there were no other events scheduled.

Service: Everyone at Beaches is very friendly and helpful. The staff is very friendly and you feel like you are walking around your neighborhood. We went the between May 23-31, and the restaurants and water park were not crowded. Even with all the people from the 4 different villages, you never feel like you are in a crowd. Unless you are at the weekly Beaches parade on Tuesday night. What a way to start a party and get everyone to come line the streets. The staff will even go out of your way to help. We lost an Abby doll, and we found out it was found just as we were leaving. The front desk arranged for a cart to drive us to Camp Sesame to pick up the doll, and bring us to the departure lounge. This was very appreciated since it was hot, and we were leaving for the airport.

Activities: The water park is awesome! The new sky slide was our favorite. Shout out to Trey for keeping things interesting. My Mom still is waiting for her elevator to the top. The snorkeling trip a few minutes by boat exceeded our expectations. Next year, we will have to try and schedule more. The property has several chess boards outside which my son and husband enjoyed playing. They played several games while everyone was getting ready for dinner. The hammocks nearby were also very relaxing. We took a trip out on a Hobie Cats, and the Beaches guide steered the boat. A nice treat for someone who does not know how to sail.

Dining: With 19 restaurants, it is hard to eat at them all. Mario's - food was ok. The a la carte items were good, but my son got spaghetti and meatballs off the buffet, and they were cold. The breakfast buffet was good, but the omelet station was slower than other locations. Kimonos - the food and entertainment were awesome. F. Cookie will make sure you have a great time! Schooners - very good risotto and chicken dish. Lots of seafood to choose from. Arizona's - the best lunch buffet you will find. Jerk chicken, fajitas, salad bar, lots of sides, and right by a pool. The perfect place to cool off after a morning at the beach. Sapodilla's - You must try the venison steak. Danar and Anthony provided excellent service. It was so good, we went here twice. Giuseppe's - They have a really good breakfast buffet. Bobby Dee's - The perfect place to get a snack or meal for the kids when they decide they are ready to eat. However, adults have much better choices. Café de Paris - amazing pastries and coffees. When you leave, ask them to pack a to go box of cookies to take to the airport. Bella Napoli Pizzeria - This is the best wood oven pizza at the resort. Order early because it takes about 45 minutes for your pizza. Barefoot by the Sea - Fish anyway you want it cooked. Take you shoes off and enjoy dinner or breakfast by the sea! Dino's Pizzeria - the pizza is faster than Bella Napoli. Additional choices such as sandwiches and salads.

Kids Club: My kinds were not as interested in kids clubs as last year. My 9 year old was happy to be left in the Xbox garage, and we felt comfortable enough leaving him there. We had walkie talkies to communicate with him. Our 3 year old had several dinners with the kids club, so we could enjoy a dinner without her fussiness.

Spa services: If you have your hair braided, try and have Maxine do it. She is very friendly and great with kids. A massage at the spa is very relaxing. They have soaking pools and saunas that you can use for no charge. Janel gives a great massage.

We had a great vacation, and look forward to returning a 3rd time next year! Soon Come Back!!!

Room Tip: We have stayed in the French Village 2 years in a row. The rooms are located close to the water park...
2 Thank rkcoulter
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is my family's second time to Beaches Turks & Caicos and third time to Beaches overall. We travelled with 2 parents, 3 adult children and 2 children. Stayed for a week at the beginning of May 2014 in the Italian village. Will be returning to Beaches Turks & Caicos on a yearly basis as it is the best in the world. I have been to many many resorts and Beaches Turks & Caicos has always been may favourite. Plenty of things to do, beautiful beach and excellent service. The staff make you feel like royalty. Housekeeping was top of the line. They cleaned those rooms spotless every day - they are wonderful and very hardworking. Shout out to all the water sports staff - Prophet, Nemo & Steven for making everything so much fun. Damian from the entertainment staff made beach volleyball games extra fun!

I have do have some critques that I would like to see improved before I return in the future:

1) If you look under 30 you will have to carry your passport around with you in order to get drinks. I am 21 years old and the bartenders laughed at me when I asked for a beer. This was the biggest disappointment of the trip for me. When you are hopping in and our of pools, in the ocean, running around the resort going to restaurants, etc. words can't describe how stressful it was to keep constant tabs on my passport. I was constantly worried about it and it was super annoying. Immediately following this trip to Turks I left to go backpacking around Europe and if I lost my passport that would more than likely all have to be cancelled. One guy I was talking to in Cricketer's is 30 years old and has 2 children and he got asked for his passport when he ordered a drink. Although I think checking ID is very important the system needs to improved. Here's my suggestion: Guests under 25 show their passport at check in to front desk staff who validate their age. Front desk staff snap a quick picture of the individual with a web cam and print out an official laminated card with the person's identity, age and picture. This would take all of 2 minutes. OR send the official document via e-mail to the individual who would then open it on their phone and show that to the bartenders. The passport policy really ticked off my entire family because my parents are also passport nazis - losing it would be a huge deal.

2) I understand beaches is for families however as a 21 year old there was not a whole lot to do at the resort. Club liquid and cricketer's caters to an older crowd (parents & grandparents) and there are plenty of activities for teens and tweens but there was nothing for the "young adult" population.

3) Please play music during beach volleyball

4) I witnessed a small child get injured during the family water polo game. He was about 6 years old and playing with his dad when they got caught in a scuffle for the ball. He balled his eyes out. Everyone was just trying to have fun but I'm sorry adults and children can't play a physical game together. There needs to be a children's game followed by an adult game to avoid this.

5) I'm not sure what the smoking policy is but people were walking around the grounds openly smoking. Smoking is basically illegal everywhere in Canada and this was disturbing to me with young children around. Second hand smoke is a serious health risk. This bothered me.

6) The photo shoot staff were awesome! However again I am 21 years old and my sister is 18. When we booked a shoot the photographer had us doing "kiddie" poses like going back to back with our arms crossed or my sister piggy backing on me. I felt like I was 10 years old posing for a christmas card.

Thank you Beaches Turks & Caicos I will be back again soon!!!

3 Thank v_arnott