“Incredible resort - for families or couples!”

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Tampa, Florida
“Incredible resort - for families or couples!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

WOW! This place is AMAZING! Stayed in the new Key West Village and it's all gorgeous and clean and fun... I don't have kids but I'd still come back and enjoy a trip here anytime! There were so many dining options, I didn't get to try them all! There are great pools all over, plus the great beach with fun watersports and beautiful water. It's a huge resort - you could spend weeks here and not see it all. :) There are trams that you can jump on and get anywhere on the property. Honestly we didn't see that many kids - they have so many places and activities for them all over the property. I personally enjoyed hanging out in the waterpark area with my friend, eating popcorn and ice cream along the lazy river... like being a kid all over again! The suite I stayed in was ENORMOUS, truly a home away from home. Full kitchen with stocked fridge of liquor, juices, water, and soda. Plus everything you'd need to make your own meals, but I'm not sure what I'd make, since there are a ton of restaurants and the food is excellent! I have to follow a strict gluten-free diet (medical/allergy) and even the hibachi grill was highly accommodating for me... they asked the entire "table" if anyone had any food allergies before the meal/show started. I noted the gluten allergy and they made EVERYTHING (except for one meat at the very very end of the meal - after I'd already eaten my fill) with gluten-free soy sauce and I was able to enjoy it all without worry! The chef was very funny and talented entertainer - we laughed nonstop! It was SO FUN - the whole trip and I can't wait to take family again someday!

Room Tip: Key West Village is AWESOME - brand new, super nice suites, great views
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank EatFlyShuteye

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,902)
  • Indonesian first
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We just got back from Beaches Turks and Caicos. We have been there several times before with the family. We earned our free week from the Sandals rewards department. We had a great time just as the other years. There is a new water fantasy show at the Italian Village pool on Thursday which was great! They still have the chocolate buffet on Sunday night, Parade on Tuesday night, Beach Party on Friday night. Everything was wonderful. We did alot of snorkeling everyday at coral reef a 10 minute walk down the beach. We saw all kinds of fish and a sea turtle. We did an arts craft class with Barbaralynn. She was so kind , patient and very helpful. The staff, service and grounds were great! We did the seaside scavenger hunt excursion. You go hunting for conch and then go to shell island to find shells and sand dollars. Then only thing that changed is that they don't clean the shells for you anymore on the the trip. When you get back to the dock, you have to pay one of the local guys 10.00 a shell to clean. They do a great job, but for the price of the excursion 119.00 a person we felt that should be included.That was minor and didn't make our trip any less enjoyable. We love Beaches and look forward to coming back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SueAndy2013
East Haven
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Beaches Turks & Caicos is the best resort in the Caribbean. We keep going back there year after year and it just keeps getting better. The staff are wonderful, very helpful and go above & beyond all expectations. The food is outstanding and the water is magnificent. It is like coming home every time we go there. To us, the staff at Beaches is like family.
We would like to compliment Claudine who is an exceptional person with outstanding customer service skills. She is very professional and willing to help in every way she can. It is always a pleasure to see her smiling face. She exemplifies customer service.
The restaurants are excellent and the food is outstanding. So many restaurants to choose from. Rita at Bayside is a true leader and always makes our dinng experience memorable. She is always an outstanding contributor to the team.
Joan & Marie are always keep things moving smooth. Roger at Reflections is very professional and personable making us feel right at home each morning at breakfast as we start our day. Reynold thank you for your attentiveness and Abdul makes us laugh every morning with his bright and cheery personality. Ronel made our dining experience at Le Petite exceptional. He is polite, serves with a smile and is very pleasant he made us feel welcome.
The entertainment team is the best in the Caribbean: they are a unique bunch of people who are outgoing, amazing dancers and wonderful people. They keep you occupied all day with activities and perform at night to keep you totally entertained.
Thanks Javier, Maya, Jerome, Mini, CJ, Sean, Christine (trainee) and the rest of the entertainment team for the lasting memories. The new show at the Italian Villiage pool was fabulous,
The food, the water and the grounds are magnificent, but it is the staff that truely keeps us coming back year after year.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank DaveandDonna50
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My family had an awesome time at Beaches Turks and Caicos! The resort is huge and has so many different things to offer for everyone.

Special thanks to the Kids and Teen club that made it a super-fun time for the kids! They always had them occupied and they said it wasn't boring like other resort clubs they went to!

Love the different pools, and the restaurants have delicious food. the beach is BEAUTIFUL, Turks and Caicos is famous for that.

All of the staff were very friendly and the entertainment team was great!

The only thing is that other resorts are super fun too, and not half as expensive as Beaches, so you're definitely spending more here than you would at other resorts.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Crystal Lake, Illinois
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Went with. Y wife and 4 young children, stayed in the Italian village with the kids bunk bed room and everyone loved it and wants to come back ASAP
Kid friendly and the kids camp kept their interest so mom and dad got some much needed alone time and relaxation time!

Room Tip: Bring lots of sun screen and be sure to go on the all day excursion with Caribbean cruising to snork...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Steve D D
SC
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is my favorite Sandals resort. The flight from Atlanta is short. The drive from the airport to the resort is very short. The staff is excellent. The water is beyond beautiful. We were able to snorkel right off of the resort as there is a reef close to the hotel. Hotdogs, hamburgers, chicken grilled right by the pool. Activities for kids all day long. We are sandals customers ever since meeting our travel agents From TravelMas@aol.com. John and MaryAnn are fantastic and introduced us to the sandals signature which is like a rewards membership not a credit card. We have had the most wonderful vacations for the past 7 years. Turks and Caicos is our favorite.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank samson062607
Dallas
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We just returned from a one week stay the second week of June. I would like to thank Michael McHugh form Dream Makers Vacation Services for answering all questions promptly and helping us choose the best resort and location for our family. I traveled with my husband and two boys (8 and 10) from Dallas. I will say that my husband still doesn't know the exact amount paid on this vacation, but since he was so happy with the trip this ceases to be a point of contention. We typically do one expensive vacation every other year and that allows us to travel much more frequently the rest of the time. I obsessed over the trip advisor reviews daily while impatiently waiting for this trip. Everything wonderful previous people have mentioned is absolutely correct. I'll just briefly touch on areas that worked well for us.

Room- we had the Caribbean Premium walk out room. The room was neat and clean, cleaned once a day and turned down once an evening. It looked exactly like the pictures and was what I expected. I was not offered, nor did I ask for a room upgrade. It was perfect for us because the location was very central.

Beach- the beach is glorious. We never had difficulty finding a chair. Shaded chairs are a premium, but I could usually find 2 together easily. The further you get from the watersports area the easier to find chairs as its less crowded. They have several of the grass covered umbrella structures there and that worked well for us. If you keep walking in the same direction you will get to the snorkeling preserve. The boys were really excited because we have hiked through several protected areas in different regions and this was one we could swim!

Pools- when the boys were at the kids club we were at the beach. On those occasions we wanted to be closer to the bars, we chose the cascade pools in the Caribbean section. It was less crowded, and because it did not have a kiddie pool, any kids that were there were usually older. We could read in the shade in peace and quiet and drink to our hearts content. The Italian village pool and the French village pool is beautiful. My boys will tell you that the #1 thing they liked best was the swim up bars. It started off with Shirley Temples and Cherry Cokes and by day 3 it was virgin strawberry daiquiri's and everything else. I'm hoping that won't be the first sentence in the what I did last summer paper...

Kid's Club- my boys LOVED the kids club. Granted, we both work so my boys are always in some group or another during summer or holidays. They are not shy and get along well with others. They wouldn't leave. One of the days on vacation my youngest had his birthday and turned 8. That morning I told him he could pick all the restaurants and activities - he chose the kids club. A few of the favorite activities: waterpark fun, beach volleyball, kayacking, hobie cats, soccer, snorkeling, limbo lessons, scratch DJ intro. Age groups were 5-7, 8-10, 11-13. You knew where they were going to be so you could go bye and check without being obvious. It happened that there were mostly boys there and they really hit it off. Family dinners and breakfasts were filled with new of their new friends. I wish I could have taken Mr. Fender home with me. He was so good with the boys and so friendly.

Activity Hut - This is awesome! It is in the Carribean village and you can check out board games to play. This was great for us when we were getting ready for dinner, or just trying to stay our of the sun for an hour or two.

Video games - yes you have an xbox in the room. There are a couple games preloaded. You can go to the desk to borrow additional games. My preference is for the kids to get out and about, so we limited that. The xbox lounge is awesome and the boys could live there.

Food - Everything was good and a few things were spectacular. Due the overwhelming success of the kids club we had 2 dinners by ourselves. We went to both adult restaurants. I liked Sopadillas a little better, my husband liked La Petite Chateau a little better. We never waited in line for food - ever. We ate all our lunches together, the boys/kids club ate a Guiseppes.

Overall - GO! GO! GO! We typically like to try new things and don't go to places twice. It was expensive, but I'll be looking for any discounts and deals so we can go back. I think that we hit the sweet spot with age of our boys. We had a lovely family vacation with a solid 4-5 hours at least 4 days by ourselves. Can't ask for any more :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family