“Great experience”

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My college age son and I recently spent a week at Beaches and found the property, food and service to all be first rate. We each found plenty of things to do. The food was really good and the choices made it more fun than the average all inclusive buffet. We had excellent service at the Arizona pool bar. Tamara was efficient and sweet and great about giving advice on the restaurants and activities. She really made our stay more enjoyable. This became our favorite hang out on the trip due to the exceptional service by Tamara, Miguel, Larry and the others. One note to beware....airport is under construction and lines are quick but long. No air conditioning in the airport for the 2+ hours you wait for your plane and it gets really hot!

Room Tip: We stayed in Carribean Village which was very nice and the least expensive option. Our room was near...
4  Thank Jan C
Write a ReviewReviews (10,858)

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is our 2nd visit and the best yet! We stayed in the Italian Village closer to the beach and received first class treatment from the time we were picked up from the airport. Toreth at the front desk was awesome and Adrien went out of his way to make sure every question was answered and that we were comfortable once we got settled in. Tresor made sure we got "our spot" in the shade on the beach during our entire stay and Phenel made sure my youngest got her virgin Piña Colada with a pink straw all day every day. The kids loved that they could eat whenever they got hungry and didnt have to wait, so all inclusive is very convenient. After 7 days we got to know the staff and they were all wonderful and treated us like family. We can't wait to return next year!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have never written a review for TripAdvisor but was compelled to post this after our flawless experience with Dream Makers Vacation Services. Mike McHugh embodies the definition of stellar customer service. My reservation was complicated to say the least, and Mike executed our plans with unparalleled expertise. Diligently answering my flurry of questions via email within 24 hours, Mike and his staff skillfully booked three rooms for my family of six, plus our beloved Nana and my eldest daughter’s boyfriend. We were celebrating multiple family milestones; a double-communion, high school graduation, and college graduation – Mike and his team at Dream Makers relieved me of the stress I typically endure when trying to book a vacation that will make everyone from my 8-year old twins to my mother happy! Now, before this review gets too long, I’ll highlight some memories of our favorite family vacation:

•Complicated flights for 8 people departing from and returning to multiple airports were executed without the tiniest hiccup (Thank you Mike McHugh!!)

•Super quick transport from the airport – we arrived before my 8-year olds could say “are we there yet?” after a long flight from NY.

•Easy check-in compliments of a friendly and courteous staff who greeted us each with a scented washcloth and tropical cocktail.

•The entire staff created a top-notch environment and would happily take the time to walk somewhere with you if you were asking for directions.

•One of our rooms was upgraded and we were thrilled to find flower petals scattered throughout the room and a fresh fruit platter.

•Unmatched cleanliness compared to other “family-friendly resorts.” Our rooms were cleaned timely and thoroughly each day.

•The pools and beaches were not crowded and it was always easy to find 8 chairs together; no need to wake up early and reserve chairs which was nice and allowed us leisurely mornings.

•There were many fun poolside activities; we especially loved the tie-dye activity and dance competitions; I suggest bringing a few spare white t-shirts with you.

•My 8-year old daughter enjoyed the arts and crafts. For a nominal fee she was able to paint and bedazzle a starfish and sand dollar. I was impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of the women running the arts and craft room that day.

• We enjoyed the food and top-quality service at every restaurant on the resort. We still reminisce about the delectable profiteroles at the French Bakery and laugh over the fun interactive experience at the hibachi restaurant – be sure to make a reservation in advance!

•The movie nights were fun for the whole family and we enjoyed getting pastries (profiteroles!) and coffee from the French Bakery and sitting outside watching the feature film of the night.

•Fun and affordable excursion options. All eight of us loved spending the afternoon taking a drive through town, boating to Iguana Island and walking around, boating to a beautiful un-touched island/sand bar and swimming and snorkeling. On the way back one of our tour guides/ boat captains even dove into the middle of the ocean returning to the boat with a sand-dollar for each person on the boat.

•We were certainly sad to leave but the quick check-out and less than 5-minute wait in the transfer building helped ease our end-of-vacation blues.

Mike McHugh and the Dream Makers Vacation Services truly made my family’s dreams come true. Our stay at Beaches Turks & Caicos was the best vacation we have ever taken. Everyone in our group from age 8 – 60+ still raves about the trip and we hope to visit again soon. Thanks for everything Mike, Dream Makers, and the entire staff at Beaches Turks and Caicos!

Room Tip: We stayed in three standard rooms in the Carribean Village and found them to be centrally located, c...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Heather T
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Strongly recommend. Overall resort is very clean and safe. No complaints. Arrival via airport very easy. WiFi terrific everywhere. Food is excellent. Drinks always close by. Water sports fun an very available. Grounds are very beautiful. Enjoy the people watching or very easy to find quiet areas. Beach sand is very soft and clean. Water is clear.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Besttravelsnow
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Had OK experiences with "all inclusive resorts" in the past, so my expectations were tapered, but couldn't pass the allure of included scuba.

My expectations were exceeded in almost every facet of the stay.

Room: We had a 1 bed room suite in the Key West Village. Plenty of room, fridge stocked with drinks. The "sofa bed" turned out to be a trundle which was great for my two boys not having to share a queen size pull out.

Dining: Better than expected. Something for everyone. We found sticking to the Caribbean/Seafood places was the better call. The one exception was the Bella Napoli Pizzeria for lunch. The trick there is order at the counter, go swim for 30 minutes, run over to Arizona's and fill a to go box with Salad/Fruit/Cookies, then come back at get your pizzas. Best dinners were Barefoot (Monique is the best hostess), Neptune's and Schooners. Breakfast: Neptune had the best breakfast (Berry Muesli and Banana French Toast), but we figured out by the end of the week that you can order an omelette at the buffets. The sushi place was a pleasant surprise. Don't miss the Jerk Station at Arizona's for lunch.

Service: All very friendly, but does run on island time.

Pools: Something for everyone. Big, crowded party pools and tucked away smaller ones. They did tend to run short on towels from time to time, so we'd stock up in the evening for the next day.

Activities: Never had a long wait for SUP, Kayaks and Hobbies. The water park was never crowded; the only thing in short supply were the double inner-tubes.

Diving: It's included. What else can I say. You do have to get through their bureaucracy, sign wavers, attend an orientation, etc. Until you clear that, they're not that interested in sharing much information, but once you're through, they're as friendly as can be. The diving itself is good, not spectacular. Because of weather, we were confined to Grace Bay for all but one dive, so I might have missed the best stuff. The $80 "additional charge" for the night dive is definitely worth it. Also, if you are used to resort dives, you might be taken aback that you need to set up your own gear, but I actually enjoyed getting to do that again.

Grounds: Everything is well maintained. You couldn't walk any where without seeing gardeners, painters, etc. hard at work.

Transportation: Arrival and departure were smooth. The Provo airport is a nightmare on departure, but they get you there in plenty of time, so just be prepared for it. I did learn of a VIP lounge at the airport that gives you an air conditioned place to hang out and expedites you through immigration and security, but it costs $200 for the first person and $75 for each additional family member. We passed on it.

Room Tip: Key West is the newest and quietest, but easy access to the Italian pool if you want a more active p...
5  Thank Todd E
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was recently on an all-inclusive trip to Mexico and I found myself comparing everything to Beaches T & C until I realized that there is NO COMPARISON.

You pay for what you get at Beaches, no questions asked. All airport transfers, gratuities, scuba, food...it has me saving up for my next trip.

I also realized that I had never reviewed this resort on Trip Advisor.

Trip of a lifetime. You'll have no regrets!

It's more family-oriented than for singles.

Not as gay-friendly as one would hope..so it's Don't Ask Don't Tell for now -- but other than that, GOLD!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GoingWithEddie
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We just returned a week ago from a great vacation at BTC. I would not have been able to organize the trip without the help of Mike McHugh at Dream Makers Vacation Services, who I highly recommend! He was a huge help to me, as I wanted to plan a fun vacation for our family of 4 to celebrate an important birthday and anniversary.

All in all, we had a great time. People aren't kidding then they say there is something for everyone at this resort! We have a 4.5 and 6.5 year old, and all 4 of us had a terrific time. Since I scoured reviews before booking and traveling, I hope that you will find this info helpful:

We stayed in the French Village. Our room was very clean and a perfect size for the 4 of us (King bed and daybed/trundle walkout on first floor). I originally booked in Caribbean Village, but panicked after reading reviews about the room conditions there. Now that all is said and done, I felt as though the French Village was a little too far away from everything honestly. I recommend if you have little ones that are too big for a stroller and aren't too keen on lots of walking (like my 4.5 year old), that you avoid the French Village. Other than the distance though, the actual room was just fine. Nothing fancy, but we were never there anyway except to shower and sleep. I should mention that our room was literally the furthest point from anything. If you do book in FV, I would recommend requesting a room closest to the waterpark, or Giuseppe's (although that is very close to the stage if you go to bed before 10 pm-beware!)

We were surprised how great the food was. It was by far the best food that we have had at any other all-inclusive resorts that we've been to. There really wasn't a meal that we didn't like, other than our first stop when we arrived-Bobby Dee's. I know other people have raved about it, and it is certainly kid friendly, but we did not go back after that first day. We enjoyed going to Barefoots, Bayside, Schooners, LOVED Arizona's for both lunch or dinner, Marios, and had a super fun time at Sky with Chica and Bigs. I would also like to send a big kudos to the bakery dept at BTC. We enjoyed so many delicious desserts, I was very impressed!

I highly recommend booking a Kitty Kat catamaran tour with Island Routes. It was very fun, not too long that it took over the entire day, and all 4 of us had a good time. The crew was very nice and fun, and really seemed to enjoy their job.

I only have two negative things to say about this resort. The first is the attitude from the staff (with few exceptions). I had read this from others back in the Spring, and unfortunately found it to be true. Its hard to explain, but there is this overall "lackluster" attitude from staff. It's not that they are UNfriendly, but they (in general) seem unhappy and overworked maybe? I'm not sure, but it was definitely a disappointment although not a surprise given the reviews I had read (mainly around March or so). This is not something that ruined our trip whatsoever, but I certainly did want to mention it.

My only other criticism is regarding the infamous "chair reserving" that many write about. It is certainly a problem and very annoying. I have to admit, by Day 2 I was in a bit of a panic about how we were going to get any shade with all the prime areas constantly reserved. I really wish BTC had a policy that the lifeguards and staff remove towels from chairs if they notice the chair is unused after an hour or so. I know others said that they just took towels off chairs, but that is just not our style and why put people in that possibly uncomfortable situation, should the person come looking for their chairs? It should be a strict policy that BTC STAFF members enforce, not travelers. I did see ridiculously small signs on all the umbrellas stating that chairs could not be reserved, but these signs were tiny and ineffective.

With that said, I highly recommend BTC to anyone who may be considering it (especially families). The resort is HUGE, clean, and always has something for everyone to do. We were very impressed with our meal and were never bored. It was a very fun and memorable trip!

9  Thank luvvacay2014