“Absolutely Awesome!!!”

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

What an amazing place! For six months before we went I read just about every review that was posted. Most were good, some not so good. Now after spending 5 nights in paradise I can honestly day that if you don't have a good time at Beaches TCI, it's definitely not because of the resort. This place caters to your every need. The grounds are gorgeous, the food was plentiful, the alcohol all top
shelf, and the entertainment "Unbelievable". If you are lucky enough to be going, you will have a blast, we did!!!!

Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank Ausem2
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Hello there,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of Beaches Turks and Caicos. It's always wonderful to hear that our guests thoroughly enjoyed their visit with us and that all of their expectations were exceeded! We cannot wait to welcome you back!

Write a ReviewReviews (10,786)

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We recently returned from our Beaches vacation and we could not have asked for a better experience. The resort is spectacular, well maintained, super clean, lush gardens and a perfect location. The staff is hard working, kind, welcoming... I saw one waitress watch over a couple's little girl so they could browse the breakfast buffet at their leisure. I saw caring, wonderful smiling faces cleaning the grounds, bartending, serving etc. We fell in love with Ayrene and Miyaki at the Carribean Village pool. They where outstandning, even though Miyaki was a Miami Heat fan, we still loved him :)
The beach...is perfection! Crystal clear water, beautiful turquise color that looks like you are gazing into a beautifully photoshopped postcard.
We stayed in the Carribean Village in a room with two double beds which was adequate but not ideal. We are used to a king sized bed and for my husband and me, this was a little uncomfortable. Next time we will deffinately get a bigger room, or the room with king bed and the trundle for our sons. Other than that, the rooms where super clean, and had plenty of space for us.
The price is up there, but worth every penny! This place is a MUST SEE!! So much so, that we already booked for next year!

2  Thank Lv2Travel922

D. Brown - rm1260

This was our first trip to Beaches, T&C. MY FAMILY HAD AN AWESOME TIME! We stayed at the French Village. The room was perfect for my family of 4 and location was key as it was near the waterpark for my 11 and 13 year olds. Entertainment was fun and the food/restaurants were spectacular - literally! It was clean and classy without being stuffy. The staff were all super friendly - and I'd like to give thanks to a few who were most memorable: Latoya -(who I called "Brown Eyed Latoya"; no explanation necessary) who worked the bar area in the Italian Village near Dino's was extra special!! When she found out it was my husband's birthday, she went above and beyond and had a group come over and sing HBD and present him with a lovely piece of cake! Thank you Latoya - "it's the little things" (wink) Also, Ms. Monique and a young man, whose name escapes me, treated us well on both our outings to Barefoot by the Sea! Thank you. Another person I'd like to thank was our chef at Kimono's. I can't remember his name but I'll just call him "WHOOPSIE!!" because he said it a thousand times that night! He was great and the food was delicious. He had a energetic personality, getting everyone involved as he prepared the meal. He even let my son help cook some steak! Awesome and so much fun! Want to also thank Lex, who transported us in the buggy to Neptunes. He was so nice and full of information, giving us a condensed tour on our ride. Also, Raudeline at Le Petit Chateau was fabulous while tending to us. And last but not least was one of the bartenders at Turtles Bar. We went there on our last night and had thoroughly entertained by this guy who made my drink ON HIS HEAD! Seriously! He sang and danced and held conversations the whole time and not a drop spilled nor did the glass fall!!??!! Fantastic! Wish I could remember his name - he was great! Also, LP at Cricketers was nice and accommodating while my husband and I were shooting pool there. There were so many more - Oh yeah, and Antoinette at Schooners was amazing too! Just too many to name! My Stay Was EVERYTHING!! We Will Be BACK!!!

Room Tip: If you have children, you can request an XBOX for your room. The trundle bed works great for two twe...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank dbrown115

Thank you for your review, Mrs. Brown.
It is always wonderful to hear from our guests and learn about all the fantastic memories that they made during their stay with us! We are thrilled that you all had a great time on your first visit to Beaches Turks and Caicos and we look forward to welcoming you back for many more amazing family vacations in the future.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We loved it, and definitely plan to go back. Our 16 year old son and 13 year old daughter loved it. Plenty to do for all ages. Food is great. Food and drink (including alcohol) really are all inclusive, and the no tipping policy is enforced. The only "inclusive" problem we had was at the dive shop. When we got there, we found out that it was required that we do a refresher session since we had not dove in the last 18 months. At $80 per person, we had to drop $320 before we could take advantage of the inclusive diving. Had we known, we would have done a free refresher class at home before went. Other than that, all was great. For my 16 year old son, the "controlled freedom" of being able to wonder around the resort with the friends he met was great. My daughter especially loved the shows. To the Beaches T&C management - we we want to say a special thanks to Theodore of the entertainment staff. He made our daughter feel welcome by personally showing her some dance steps. He was always smiling and full of energy. Great member of your team!!

2  Thank LaraK01

Hello Lara,
Thank you for your great review! We are delighted that your family had an amazing time at Beaches Turks and Caicos and we appreciate you sharing all the highlights of your trip with us. We will certainly share your kind remarks with the team. It was our pleasure to host your family vacation and we hope to welcome you all back again soon!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We heard many great things about this resort before booking our first trip here. Because we booked our trip late, the only rooms left were in the Caribbean Village. Even though it is in the "older" section of the resort, the room was clean and comfortable, and we had picture-postcard pool and beach views from our balcony. The shuttle ride from the airport was approx. 15 mins (paved roads) and they bring cold water bottles for guests to drink. Upon arriving at the resort, we were greeted with rum punch drinks and our luggage was delivered to our room immediately. After getting settled, we decided to walk the grounds and as we couldn't wait to get familiar with the property. FYI, the French Village is pretty and is the center of the evening shows, but is not beachfront. Italy and Key West are brand new and stunning in design and are both beachfront. I think I heard the pool in Key West is adult-only, but the Italy pool is a short walk away. The pools in both Italy and France are beautiful but offer little shady areas. Overall we would return someday because Beaches truly is a little bit of paradise. Here is our pro and con list:

Pros:
1. The Caribbean Village may be older but the foliage is more mature, making shady areas by the pools and beach easier to find.
2. Lunch poolside at the Cascades pool in the Caribbean Village is superb.
3. All the restaurants on the property offer excellent quality food.
4. Bar drinks are also top shelf.
5. Enjoyed early morning yoga on the beach (conveniently on Caribbean Village side)
6. Friday night beach party with food, games, bonfire (conveniently on Caribbean Village side)
7. Snorkel boat tour was really great.
8. We did not take scuba lessons, but many others did and loved the experience and opportunity.
9. Even though the resort was at full occupancy, we never felt like it was crowded. The property is so large and there are so many things to do, the guests are spread out everywhere.
10. The water park was a lot of fun, but if you've ever been to Atlantis there is no comparison, but we enjoyed it very much and were happy that Beaches added it to the property.
11. Our favorite adult hang-out bar at night was Turtles. The bartenders Akein, David, Lori-Ann, and the-other-David could not make you feel any more welcome. The nightly music and dancing was amazing, especially Mr. Simmons who played music and sang.
12. Our trip was during the FIFA World Cup soccer games. The pubs on the property, esp. Cricketeers, had the games on for the guests to enjoy. Plus our maid would set our TV to the correct channel in our room for us!

Cons:
1. You cannot get a clean beach/pool towel between 9am-4pm. The bins are all empty, mainly because the guests save chairs with them and disappear. We learned by the 2nd day to hoard clean towels in our room each night to use the next morning. I am aware this most likely contributed to the towel shortage problem, but we didn't know what else to do.
2. Early in the week, we were impressed that the daily maid service was provided twice each day. By the time we came back from breakfast the beds were made! By mid-week, this service dwindled to once a day later in the afternoon.
3. There is a woman who works the omelet station in Reflections who was so rude I was nearly in tears one morning (interesting to note I found out it wasn't just me, other guests had similar experiences). I wanted to complain to the management but my husband didn't want me to start a fuss, so I let it go, but I'm still irritated, so I'm writing it here.
4. We are a family of 4, youngest 16, who is 5"9' tall. The adult-only French restaurant did not want to let him eat there because he didn't look 16. After discussing it with the manager on duty, they seated us inside, and we passed a table that had a boy who looked 12 or 13 seated with his parents. So then why the hassle? After being seated, we noticed ants crawling all over the table, so we asked they change our table. Even though the food was amazing, our experience here was not top notch. (Side note: During dinner, we watched them seat another group at the "ant" table. Couldn't believe our eyes.)
5. Recommend you bring your own swim goggles even though the resort includes "all water sports equipment". The ones they have are checked out all day long and you can't get them.
6. You have to ask for a fitness schedule, they don't give it to you upon arrival.
7. My husband's 50th birthday was the reason for our trip to Beaches. I asked the waitress at Kimono's if she could bring something with a candle in it at the end of dinner. I think she mentioned a cheesecake, it was hard to hear her because it was so loud and fun in there, but I told her anything would be fine. I don't know what happened but we never got a cake. I should have managed this one better in advance, so I blame myself.
8. All beach and pool cabanas are reserved for butler service guests only. I'm sure the butler service is wonderful, but we opted not to have that added cost. But those that don't have it sometimes feel like second-hand citizens. Picnic tables are even reserved at the Friday night beach party for butler service guests. I can see fancy restaurants, but beach party? Seriously?
9. The checkout process at this resort needs a complete overhaul . Our flight was not included on the flight list put in our room the day before our departure. We went down to the front desk, they apologized and added our flight to the list. Somehow the luggage crew didn't get an updated list because the next morning our luggage was not picked up at the indicated time, so after waiting another 20 mins or so, we carried it all to the lobby ourselves to avoid missing our shuttle. They presume you know that you have to walk to a separate "departure lounge" across the property (we stood there like idiots not knowing this), so they took our luggage but not us. Hmmm. Ok, so we finally find out we have to walk over to the departure lounge where for the first time all week we were made to feel like cattle. All the luggage is put in a room where one person from your party needs to go and locate your pieces. (Didn't I just have my luggage a few minutes ago?) Then they start calling families by flight number to reclaim their luggage and board shuttle vans. And of course, our flight wasn't called because of the list error the day before. It was a very frustrating way to end a beautiful week of relaxation, and except for the omelet lady, was the only time we were made to feel like unwelcome guests.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
10  Thank JHalo
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I have been meaning to write this review for many months and just have not had the time.
We were at the Beaches French Village at the end of February 2014. What an amazing time!!! We are a family of three with a 9 year old. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. I found the location to be wonderful. For all of the reviews that mention how long of a walk it is to the beach, I don't agree. I found being between Key West and the Caribbean and behind Italy very convenient. The pool at the French Village was very relaxing. The only complaint I would have is that the pool was closed almost every day at some point due to guests not having appropriate swim pants on young children. This is not a reflection on the Beaches resort of course, but maybe this should be a policy that is more enforced.
As for the food, YUM! We loved Arizona's for lunch and dinner. We ate in the French restaurant and that was fantastic as well. Marios was ok, always a buffet. Loved the dessert shop in France so convenient! I must say our absolute favorite was Schooners! We had dinner there twice! Once was just my husband and I. We had a wonderful dinner thanks to our waitress Nicola. She is a fantastic server!!! We told her that we would return the next night with our 9 year old and she said that she would look for us. The next evening we arrived and she made our night so special THANK YOU NICOLA!!!! she had a beautiful table set for us and made my child feel so special !!!
The other amazing part of the trip besides the phenomenal beaches and water was the entertainment for the kids. There is a camp that you can enroll your child(ren) in for the day and it allows the parents to relax. I felt somewhat guilty at first about this, but then I went and checked up on the group and my son was having a blast!!! Wanted to do it again the next day!
Overall Beaches T&C was a beautiful place with great accommodations, great food and entertainment for kids.
We cannot wait to go back

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank luv2vacabb
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This was our 2nd trip to beaches, this time we stayed at key west village. All we can say is amazing beach, great food, no waiting at any delicious restaurant, clean, beautiful property and rooms. The washer and dryer was a nice surprise. The staff goes above and beyond, we love it there, can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Key west is more laid back than the Italian or Caribbean side
6  Thank Frank S