“Another Great Experience at Beaches Turks & Caicos!”

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #14 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 29 July 2014

“We just returned from our 3rd trip to Beaches Turks & Caicos. We have stayed at the Italian Village for the past 3 years and look forward to next year’s visit. The resort is beautiful and the resort staff members are impeccable. This year we had the pleasure to work with Courtney Foster who was our concierge. He was amazingly helpful and made our most recent stay the best ever. We miss him already and can’t wait to see him next year! The staff at Beaches always makes us feel at home and welcomes us back each year with a smile and warmth we have never seen anywhere else. The food and cocktails are outstanding and not what you would expect for an all-inclusive resort. The suites are always clean, updated and comfortable. The life guards are always so friendly and helpful. This year we made sure to select Dewayne’s area on the beach because he always welcomed us each morning with a warm smile and asked if he could help us with anything. This is the type of service Beaches as always given our family and the friends we bring with us. We have been blessed to travel to many great places but Beaches at Turks & Caicos is by far the best! They always surpass our expectations. We can't wait to return next year.

Room Tip: We love the Italian Village and Key West.
2  Thank trace2013_13
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Hello and thank you for your review!
We are delighted that your third visit to Beaches Turks and Caicos was as wonderful as your previous stays and that your family had great time with our fabulous staff members. Our goal is to ensure that all of our guests leave with happy memories of their time spent with us and we are so pleased to note from your review that we succeeded. We cannot wait to welcome you all back again next year!

There are newer reviews for Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Family vacation with 3yr old. My daughter loved the lazy river and the kids water area with little slides. I think beaches is designed more for a 8-15yr old kid in mind, my personal opinion. I will take my family back but when they are older to get maximum enjoyment and money out of it. Recommend you stay in newer section, closer to everything. If your family is in that age range and loves doing all sorts of thing I highly recommend, the most amazing water you will find. Enjoy!

Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is my 5th trip back and 2nd time this year. They must be doing something right!
This is the ONLY place I feel safe for me and my three kids 6,5, and 2. Not only that they are kept very well entertained and fed. The kids love camp they moved on to another age level and they want to go to camp! They do age appropriate activities and they are not stuck indoors. The camp also feeds them lunch and dinner and snacks if they want it. I don't have to worry about a thing.

And the workers from ALL levels are hard workers and you never see them sweat! Always cheerful, helpful, and considerate. Mrs Fayon can't rave enough about her strong woman that can lead and yet a great heart! Great respect! Morris see him all over busy but makes the time to see everything is ok. Horatio, Ovi , Tedane also on top of things. Bryan old soul at Bobby Dees always a smile and concerned about the kids. Love that. Cookie at Kimonos true entertainment high in demand. Emiliano and Germaine at Barefoot incredible service! Food menu has changed if you love healthy seafood great place to go! Andrew awesome drinks at Italian village ask for the DHL (drews hard lemonade) refreshing and not heavy
Sophie at Arizona very welcoming never forgets a face. Allie at Neptunes a kindred spirit in tuned to the kids,miss her at bobby dees but happy she moved up. Roxy, Theodore, Javier, Mini...please don't miss them. They are the best entertainers. I give them extra shout outs they do this EVERY NIGHT EVERY DAY for how many months and they act like they just started...full of energy and happy. Kudos because I'm sure they may be tired or those there hard to please and they WORK IT.

I have traveled ALOT and Beaches has got it together. The complaints you may hear I find are from people who are too worried about the money they paid. But like I said its worth it!
1. If it was cheap you will also get the rowdy dirty crowds of people...watch that when clubs or restaurants start going cheap or putting 2 for one sales. I went to Sands for dinner left my sunglasses on a table GONE. Left my IPAD on a seat in Italian village at night returned to concierge and still using it now.
2. Food is incredible and for an all inclusive. In addition Bobby dees open late for the little ones that passed out early and woke up later hungry. As for dress wear rules. Yes you need to wear clothes when you sit down its dress resort casual...not a hoe down. The rules are on the paper. Nobody wants to see you dripping hot and sweaty and serving yourself food in a buffet! Please respect
3. The workers work hard I believe Beaches try to be super selective on who they hire. It's not perfect but close to it. Be kind.. You can only take so much Do you know how much I paid for this trip....believe this there are people who paid MORE and keep coming back with no problem!

Really there is no con coming to Beaches!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Bandres
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Great location but the service is sub standard. You would think with the amount of money you pay you would get better service. There is clearly a lack of employee engagement and the staff is not trained in service responsiveness. Plus the bathroom was not clean and was of the quality of a motel 6.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Ronbo777
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for your review of Beaches Turks and Caicos.
Our service has been the highlight of many reviews on Trip Advisor, which leaves us quite disappointed that your experience was not indicative of the norm. For this, we apologize. We strive to uphold the highest standards of service and quality. Our staff goes through 120 hours of rigorous training each year to ensure we are providing excellent guest experiences but as hoteliers we realize that there is always room for improvement and your feedback is appreciated. I will be sharing your remarks with the resort management team for immediate review and action as needed. We hope that after addressing your concerns and making the necessary adjustments, you will afford us an opportunity to showcase the true hospitality and beauty of our resort.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was our third year at Beaches. Yes, it's all beautiful with the water, beach, etc... but the best part of our trip this year was the butler service. We had a beautiful 2 story, 2 bed, 3 bath suite. We were given Moses and Junior as our butlers. These guys really went the distance for us. They made this the most incredible vacation ever. We were pretty low maintenance for these guys, but when we needed something, they jumped right on it. When we go back we are going to request them both again.

A note to anyone that is getting the butler service - when you are given the questionnaire to fill out prior to your trip regarding butler service, make sure you write everything you want to drink while you are there - meaning if you like a specific brand of beer, write it on there. specific kind of liquor - write it. I wanted Bud Light but failed to write it down in advance. Although Junior came through with some for me about mid-week. If you plan to go to Beaches, spend the extra money and get the butler service. You won't be disappointed !

Room Tip: Get one with the butler service.
6  Thank paul J
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Went to Turks and Caicos for a family vacation. It was amazing. You can't beat the location. The resort is beautiful. Our butlers Derron and Ceamor, made our stay there perfect. They help with anything and everything. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2014

Hello Dawn,
Thank you for your wonderful review of Beaches Turks and Caicos. It sounds like your family had such an amazing stay with us. Derron and Ceamor are two of our best and I'm so happy to hear they both made your stay such an incredible experience. We are delighted that you all enjoyed every moment of your stay and returned home with many wonderful memories of your time spent with us.
We look forward to you visiting again with us in the near future.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is a long review so be warned!

We traveled to Beaches Turks and Caicos on July 19. We were a group of 8 (4 adults and 4 children). We stayed in the Italian Village in a butler level suite. (Room 3228 / 3229). This review is going to be fairly long as I want to touch on the entire vacation and hopefully answer some questions that I have asked other people.

We traveled from NJ (Newark Airport) on United on the 9:20 flight. Flight down was normal. We arrived at Turks a few minutes before the scheduled time. Just a warning the runway is short. You can tell that the pilot was stopping the plane in a hurry and at the end starts to take a turn and felt like the the plane was moving pretty fast. The plane pulled up to the gate (well not a gate, it parked on the tarmac). You get off the plane onto the tarmac and walk into the terminal. Everyone from every flight goes into one room which is like a shoe box compared to Newark Airport. There is a couple of air conditioning units hanging from the ceiling but they were not doing anything, it was HOT in this room. The line was not bad and we cleared immigration. We then went to the baggage carousel (there is only one for all the flights).

This is where our trip may differ from families without a butler suite. We went outside the airport and we had private transfers (2 Suburbans, one for each family). We did not have to wait for a van/bus for the transfer. We were taken directly to the Italian Village Lobby. We were met by one of the staff and given cool wet towels and offered drinks. We were then introduced to one of our Butlers for the week, Kahlil. He informed us that our room was not yet ready and he escorted us to Cricketers to have something to eat. This was pub type food, this was the only time that we at from here. After lunch we were escorted to our room in the San Marino building room (3228 / 3229). The room was spacious with a master bedroom (sleeps 3), kids room (sleeps 3), sitting room with butler pantry (sleeps 4). There was a bathroom off the sitting room, and one in between the kid’s room and the master bedroom. We were on the second floor overlooking the Italian Pool. The butler pantry was stocked with a refrigerator (we gave them our requests the week earlier for what we wanted). There was also dry cereal and a full set of dishes/siverware. Kahlil gave us a rundown of the Butler Service and gave us our cell phone to call him with requests.

We went right out to the pool and relaxed for a bit before coming back into the room and getting room service from Barefoot. Only butler rooms can get room service and you can order from any restaurant in the resort. We just asked Kahlil and he brought up the menu. We ordered as much as we want and we enjoyed dinner in the room.

I ordered the Internet access for the week ($42.99 for 5 devices). I did have an issue because I was using the wrong room number since we had 2 room numbers. The access was slow (1mb / 1mb) But it was good enough to make a few phone calls over a voip connection. I have to say that the Internet access throughout the resort was wonderful. The only place that we did not have a connection was at the very far end of the resort (treasure beach). If you notice when you walk around the resort there are small birdhouses in the ground, well those are the access points.

We at breakfast at Neptunes in Key West. This was a sitdown breakfast and was the best breakfast of the week.

Another benefit of the butler suite is that we were able to get cabanas by the pools, and the bulter would reserve all of our chairs that we wanted by the pool or beach. On Sunday we had a cabana by the Italian Pool. Jeffrey was the butler that was paired up with Kahlil so he was on the day shift. He had the cabana all set up with us, and there was a cooler with all the water that we wanted. There is also power at the cabana so you can bring something to play music. I streamed music from my phone. We ordered lunch from cabana menu and was delivered by the butler. The pool was very nice, but it did get crowded. One of the complaints that I have is how the other guests were. I know that they are on vacation also, but they treated the pool as if they were home in their yard. We would just sit and lounge in the water and the kids would be swimming around or doing their little flips and stuff in one area. Then the families with the footballs and water balls, whipping them across the pool. Over people heads, skipping them across the water. This was the worst part, we were not able to sit and relax without having to watch for a ball coming our way. At one point the kids were sitting at the bar waiting for their drink and I was hit square in the back with one of the balls. If it did not hit me, it would have probably went right into the bar and hit the bottles. Kid comes over and gets the ball and not even a sorry. So I was not a fan of the pools as this happened in all the pools. People have to understand that everyone is there to enjoy and the pool is not just yours. The lifeguards did nothing about this either. One of the people in my party said something about a family playing with a football, and were throwing it probably 30-40 feet from each other.

We went to Kimonos for dinner. The food was OK not better than any Hibachi that we have where we live. The problem is that it is way too loud. If I go back to Turks I will not go back to Kimonos. The chefs seemed to be over doing it. The table behind us there was actually a guest that was dancing inappropriately. Our chef was ok but his “show” was ok at best. The other chefs were just overboard and banging all the utensils. In no way was this a traditional teppanyaki chef.

The next day we got a French Cabana and went to Guiseppes for breakfast (food was decent, nothing spectacular). The French Pool was better than the Italian as it was quieter. There was water aerobics daily at around 10:00am. There was the same issue with the balls but not as bad as the Italian pool. We ordered lunch from Dino’s and had it delivered to the cabana. The pizza was actually not bad at all, and we are from the NY area where there is really good pizza. We went to Mario’s for dinner. Part of the butler service is that every restaurant we go to for any meal, the butler goes before us and reserves a table and puts decorative flowers on the table. So when we get to the restaurant we just walk in with the butler and sit down. I actually heard some lady say “Does the butler have to walk them everywhere”. I am not the snooty type, but yes that is part of the package. Mario’s for dinner was pretty good.

Tuesday morning we went to Mario’s for the buffet breakfast. Again food was fine, standard buffet with omelet station. We went to the beach and grabbed a bunch of chairs at the end of the resort by Treasure Beach. There is a snorkeling spot down the beach further where there is a national park where you can snorkle. It is right off the beach in front of another hotel. My daughter and I went. It was not bad there were some fish and basic corals. But you have to swim around the area so you can only see the edge. My daughter got tired so she headed back to the rest of the family on the beach. I went around the whole thing, and it was just ok. When I swam back to the Beaches area, I came upon another reef that I was able to swim through and over and around. This area was 100 times better than the national park. There is a private home on the beach called Villa Oasis, the reef is right off the beach in front of the house. I found entering the the water at the end of the white wall (when walking from Beaches) is the best place to enter. Saw some really nice fish and was all alone!

The water is wonderful and very quiet down the end of the beach. We again ordered lunch on the beach and it was delivered by Kahlil.

We went to dinner at Arizona’s, I did not mind the food but it was spicy. The kids were not big fans, and my kids do like spicy and eat almost everything. They always order from the adult menu.

We did the beach again the next day and I did some more snorkeling. We at dinner at Neptunes and the food was pretty good. Dinner my wife and I went to Petit Le Chateu (Adults Only). I have to say that this was the best food of the week. The seared scallops were awesome and I had beef tenderloin as main course, and was cooked perfect. This restaurant is supposed to be resort evening attire so you should be dressed nicely. I wore pair of pants and golf shirt. I was very upset to see that a family came in with bathing suits, tank tops and flip flops. I wish that the resort would put their foot down and stay with the dress codes.

Thursday we went back to the French pool, we at at Guiseppes for lunch and went to Schooners for dinner. Schooners was awesome, food was very good. Their signature risotto was great!! If anyone wants a tip contact me and I will give you a tip about Schooners for dinner :).

Friday (our last full day :( ) We went to the beach for half the day and back to the Italian Pool at a cabana for the rest of the day. We at lunch at Arizona’s and I enjoyed it, you can get hamburgers and hotdogs cooked to order outside. The ribs at the buffet may top the list of the best single food. They were very good!!!

My wife and her friend did go to the Spa for a massage and they both said that it was wonderful.

On Tuesday we went out on the snorkeling boat. I have to say it was a horrible experience. The snorkeling vests they give you are just not easy to use. You were not given an explanation on how to properly use them. Both my kids who are pretty strong swimmers wanted to get back to the boat as soon as we hit the water. It was not comfortable at all. It would have been nice to been properly shown how to use the vests (we normally do not wear vests when snorkeling).

The end had to come and it did on Saturday. Do NOT travel to Turks on a Saturday if you can avoid it! It is the busiest travel day and it was HORRIBLE. Our luggage was brought down to the lobby where we waiting for our transfers to the airport. With the butler service we left right from the lobby and did not have to go to the departure lounge. We were picked up in 2 brand new Suburbans and driven to the airport. This is where it all went downhill. The airport is 10 times worse leaving than arriving. There is NO air conditioning again. This airport is way too small to handle all the travelers. There is only 2 lines for each airline so waiting was horrible. You first wait in line to check in and drop your luggage, then you wait on another line for customs departure. The line moved pretty slow but not that bad. Once you get through customs is it like you are walking in to hell. Everyone for every flight is packed into this tiny waiting area. There are a few air conditioning units hanging from the ceiling but they leave the doors open to the tarmac so it was probably 95+ degrees in side. People are stuffed like anchovies into a can. Our flight was supposed to start to board at 1:16 but we did not board for another close to 35 mintues. When they announce the flights over the PA system you cannot hear a word they are saying it is just plain horrible. It would better if they just used a bull horn. Again you walk out on the tarmac to the plane. I never thought I would say that I would rather sit on a plane than in the terminal. Our plane left on time and arrived home a few minutes early. The airport is being expanded so hopefully they can correct this problem. I will NOT go back to turks just because of the airport (until it is fixed)

Overall it was a nice vacation, I have spoke to many people that say they will not go elsewhere. I am not of the same mind set. We had a very nice time, it was extremely hot, and the service was wonderful. I cannot complain about any of the workers there even down to the janitorial staff, they said hello anytime I saw them.

I have to give a nice shout out to Kahlil and Jeffrey our butlers. They did an outstanding job and made our trip exceptional as far as service goes!!

If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me directly and I will try to answer specific questions if you have any.

Room Tip: We were in Butler Suite 3228 which was 2nd floor. I would rather have been higher for a better view.
28  Thank sgroi135