“Amazing Resort even with a Tropical Storm !”

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Elora, Canada
“Amazing Resort even with a Tropical Storm !”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We just returned from a great week at Beaches Turks & Caicos....We had a lot of adversity during our trip, with the 4 kids and a tropical storm for the first 3 days. Yet, the staff (yes all the staff) really went out of their way to ensure we all still had anything we needed and they always went over and beyond to ensure our requests were met. Not to mention that we lost a camera on the beach, my Iphone 5's and numerous pairs of flip flops throughout the resort. The Staff has so much integrity and ensured all our property was brought back to concierge. I would personally like to thank the following people who went out of their way to make our trip even more special:

Dana at the Italian Village Concierge for working hard to get my Iphone 5s back and help us with our snorkeling trip. Mercedes at Soy Sushi, for making sure each customer felt special and WOW what amazingly fresh food....SO GOOD !!!! Marcuson at Schooners for making sure we had all the King Crab we could eat.....Delicious. Our Chef "Cookie" at Kimona's for your fantastic fun attitude and endless songs and Q&A's that made our meal so much fun...you really are a gifted man. Lucky for even just following up with me throughout the week, letting us know that Management truly cares about their guests.....And Last but certainly not least....Bishop, the funniest and most charismatic bartender you will ever met. You got to know all our kids by name, I know Robin will be talking about you for years to come. "WHY NOT" !!!!

In closing, the food was fantastic, the property was fantastic, so much for your family to enjoy and with one of the worlds best beaches..... We'll be back again, storm or no storm, Beaches Turks & Caicos is the best overall resort we've been at.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Italian Village, overlooking the pool on the 6th floor, with a great view of the se...
2 Thank Brawnetml

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,883)
  • Indonesian first
Long Island, New York
Reviewed 31 August 2014

After staying there for over 1 week my family and the people on the van back to the airport actually clapped that we were leaving.
Here we go.
The room accommodations for over $10,000 for no better than a motel with a mini bar. The room had an odor, was extremely uncomfortable for 5 people that it claimed it could accommodate.
The housekeeping services forgot to make up the room 3 times, and once you drink contents of the mini bar they only refill the sodas and juices. We found bugs in the room and brought it down to the front desk and they said that we are in a tropical climate and it could happen. The air conditioner never got to a temperature of 71 degrees and ran all nite long. There was black mold in the shower.
I had contacted the front desk and the reservation department on site and spoke with Katrina and she could not be any less helpful. She did not care at all and I asked for another room and then she asked for more money and asked for additional $1750. to change rooms. I visited her 3 times and each time she told me that is nothing she could do. Even the view was bad and I looked at a roof the entire week of the adjacent building. I asked to me moved and then finally after 2 days left they said the could not move me due to the rain and it was unsafe to move. For $10,000 not worth it at all.
The 19 restaurants they have are not all that. Marios serves the same menu every day, and how much pasta, pizza and meatballs could you eat for $10,000. The 2 pizza restaurants don't come close to any pizza I have had in NY. When I went to the restaurant Schooners I saw over 10 empty tables but they said there was a 45 min wait and told me they could not accommodate us. The hibachi Kimonos we only could get in there 1 time during our visit. To go for dinner was a process it was go there wait, and then eat the same bland low quality food that seemed to have been moved from restaurant to restaurant. You would have chicken in one place and then the next day it was same chicken with a sauce on it to create a new dish. The carving station was turkey, pork or low quality beef.
The snorkeling trip was a joke, they load you on the beaches boat take you 10 minutes off the dock and drop you in the water to see a man made reef. If you want to see more you can go on the 2 hour trip for an additional $25 pp and was available at 4 pm 3 days a week. If you wanted to go on the large sailboat it was additional $98 per person. If you wanted photos of your time there it was $20 per picture. If you wanted snorkel gear you could have it for 2 hours then if not returned you get charged a late fee. Try to get a drink or a towel on the beach. There is one guy servicing the beach and he will get you a drink but don't expect it anytime soon. When we got there they ran out of towels.
After dinner there was nothing to do. Some of the daytime activities were pop the bubble. ring toss, find the corn hole, reggae dance class, island trivia, and balloon pop. The evening show was amateur hour, where the local talent or employees put on a show for you. You would think with people paying thousands a night that they could afford better. Otherwise there is nothing to do at all and being in bed by 10 pm was the standard. The kids could play xbox till 11 the same thing they could do in the room. It was so boring at night that i went to bed early every nite.
When it was raining the roof in the caribbean village was leaking and there were mops and towels everywhere. Eating in reflections water dripped on my head. There were towels along the doors on the first floor so water does not flow underneath the doors. They did not have enough umbrellas for the guests and you would walk around with towels on your head. They gave you a poncho but ran out of those as well. Most guests had to scramble for umbrellas and you would find many broken umbrellas around the property due to the poor quality of them.
If you wanted wifi you could get but at 42.99 per week which worked poorly around the property.
If your kids wanted to paint a shirt they could for an additional $15 per shirt which has the beaches logo on it on the front and back. They can't even give you a $3 tshirt.
When we finally were leaving we were able to take a shower at the departure lounge, there was not hot water in either the mens or ladies room.
All is all, for the money it was not worth it. I can't see how other families spent even more money than we did to deal with such a disappointment. From the accommodations to the food to the ease of the resort to activities it was a let down. For the money I could of stayed in another resort in the caribbean or any hotel in NYC and enjoyed all the luxury, restaurants and entertainment one would want and at a much lower cost.

Room Tip: Bring $20,00 and you might get a room that you would like but you still need to eat the crappy food...
16 Thank NYfamily05
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, responded to this review, 7 September 2014
Thank you for reaching out to us about your stay at Beaches Turks and Caicos.
We are sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy some aspects of your stay with us and it was very disheartening to know you returned home unsatisfied. We always strive to offer amazing vacation experiences and anything less than perfect calls for improvement on our part. It seems we did not meet your expectations in a few areas of our service. We want to ensure that our future guests do not share the same experience. Therefore, your feedback will be sent to our General Manager for immediate evaluation and action as needed. Our response to feedback continues to be in word and deed. We hope that you would afford us an opportunity to demonstrate the same.
ct
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Traveled to Beaches August 15-22. Got out before the storm.

Travelled Hartford to Charlotte and Charlotte to Turks. Arrival was smooth. Van contracted by Beaches took you to the resort. You need to tip the driver. 10-15 minute ride to paradise.

We stayed in the Key West section Check in was easy. You had to fill out some forms and give a credit card for file. If you charged items to your room they charged your credit card at check out.

Our family had 3 Luxury Concierge Rooms. The room had a king bed and a small pull out bed. Tight for 3 people. Ok for small child but not teenager. Walls were thin. We could clearly hear conversations in the adjourning room. Concierge comes daily to stock refrigerator of drinks. Cleaning once a day and later in the day for towel check and turndown service.

Bayside had great buffet for breakfast and lunch. Our last morning we ate breakfast sit down at Neptunes. Enjoyed Marios for lunch buffet and sit down dinner. Arizonas had great steak. Kimono's was a fun time. The concierge made our reservations. Shooners has king crab legs if you inquire 24 hours ahead of time. Learned this tip on Trip Advisor. My husband had a huge pile. Café de Paris had nice coffee drinks and small pastries. Bobby Dee's was good for a quick burger, grilled cheese or ice cream. Dino's had delicious pizza. We ordered 1/2 hour before and picked up.

Drinks everywhere. Smoothies, beer, water. What ever you wanted made was taken care of. if you are 18 or look younger be prepared to show ID and carry with you. I didn't think the bottled water tasted funny like I saw on recent reviews, unless they changed the vendor.

Daily activity sheets were handed out. We saw some great performances at the fire pit at Key West. Sesame Parade was cute. There is a weekly vendor fair where you can get some jewelry and shirts less than the gift shop. We had a photo session on the beach. We purchased 20 pictures on CD for $260 which comes with a photo book and frame. Didn't think that was too pricey.

The beach is gorgeous. Pure white sand, no rocks, crystal clear water. We met Dewayne at the beach. He overseas Key West Area. Very nice man. My suggestion to the people who say they can't find shade or seating at the pool or beach is to find the attendant and they will find you space. I noticed towels removed if no one was using an area. All the staff we encountered were friendly.

Would I go back? Definitely. Since I have a teen Ii would look for another room option with a separate bedroom. I would stay in the Key West Section again.

If anyone has any questions please message me.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank suzyCt
syr
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We had a wonderful time here and it will be wonderful memories for me and my family. The staff was so helpful and friendly. The water and water sports were great. We are SCUBA divers and although there wasn't as much variety of sea life as we expected, we saw reef and nurse sharks on 6 out of our 8 dives. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2014
Acton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Beaches at Turks and Caicos was perhaps the best vacation my family has ever had. The food was great, the staff was ultra friendly, and the pools, swim up bars, water park and snorkeling was all fantastic. Most restaurants were excellent, Sky and Bayside were the exception, as they have awesome views but mediocre buffet food and service.
We had a few challenges during our trip, Tropical Storm Cristobal came through and shut down the airport and we ended up staying 2 more days, but during the rain, there were games to check out and the staff worked to accommodate the unusual situation. The one thing that we did complain about to the front desk was the very inconsistent room cleaning, which would sometimes not happen until 5pm and very often we did not have shampoo or conditioner replaced which is pretty important when you are in either the pool or the ocean all day. The grounds, lobby and restaurants were all maintained in a fanatical fashion, so I believe our experience was related to perhaps a specific cleaning person. Beaches is expensive, so I would expect this aspect to be top notch. The other annoying thing is that they up sell everything. Do you want Wifi, or perhaps an extra excursion, then get out your check book. Fortunately for us, we were there to totally unplug, and we didn't need internet until our fights were cancelled, and they charged you to make calls to the Airlines, etc.

We did pay for family photos on the beach which came out awesome and once again the staff was super friendly and did a great job taking the pictures. Despite some of the issues mentioned above, we would go back in a heart beat and will most likely figure out when our next trip is going to be.

Room Tip: Get a room on the second floor, as when the storm came, many of the rooms on the bottom floor got fl...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 August 2014

This was the most expensive vacation to the caribbean to an island that everyone we spoke to had positive things to say about. We paid $8,400 for 7days and 6 nights. This review is a mixed one because Beaches in particular had both positve and negative aspect in our experience. First when we checked into the French Village we noticed that the lobby was small and there was no area for entertainment or even a bar where you could hang if you did not want to go to the others Caribbean or Italian. We were promised a daily schedule of activities which we never received after Day 1. We were given a map of the resort which was not user friendly it was confusing. We were told there were 19 restaurants but my daughter who is 14 could not eat at the Le Petit Chateau which is french and italian restaurant called Spadillo. We were stunned because 16 is not a right age. Children can be as young as 10 that go out to dinner with their parents to fancy and more expensive restaurant and still behave and enjoy an adult ambience. Website does not specify the age limit. This was a big turn-off. In addition, Beaches should be prepared to do a daily orientation in all hotels the next morning. We should not have to go to another resort to get that information. The other and probably the most important negative thing was how poorly communication is when it comes to providing information on flights, activities and there was no LOCAL station that could provide weather updates even for us to know when we could expect the storm to blow over. No one seemed to know anything.

Room was nice BUT we are in an all inclusive hotel. We should have beer and alcohol in the fridge. The water bottle provided was awful. It tasted like nasty tap water not spring water. The room was nice and spacious. The furniture was nice and antigue which we like. The bed was okay but would have preferred 2 queen beds. The only thing is that the cleaning of rooms comes to late in the day. And when they knock on your door to restock or turn down the beds they do not wait 3 or 4 minutes before opening the door. They barged in twice before I had a chance to open the door which is inappropriate because I could have been undressed and a man just walked in.

Alcohol was not the premium top shelf that is advertised. If we did not specify Stoli or Crown jewel we would be served cheap and nasty jamaican rum and vodka. The house wine was fine. We did not have any complaints on that because we refused to pay anything extra at this point.

Customer Service is terrible. Waitors and waitress take forever to serve you or take your order. To get a re-fill for a drink you will probably finish eating before you see your refill. In addition the island people do not seem very friendly. I found the foreign workers to be the ones to provide the better customer service. They are quick and constantly checking back to see if everything is okay. The island workers appear they do not want to be there and they just disappear out of sight or they just stand around. Customer service is key for someone like us to return to this resort. We are seasoned traverlers so we know what to expect when it comes to service. I addition we are also in the restaurant business so we know what is customer service.

Food:

We struggled to know where all these 19 restaurants were located. We were given incorrect information about which one were a la carte and which one were buffets.

Neptune (lunch), Arizona and Scohners were very good for dinner.
Mario sucked for the a la carte dinner and buffet dinner but it was good for breakfast and lunch.
Dino's and Barefoot were good for lunch.
Cricket pub was so so since it is bar food which tends to be just okay.
Bobbie Dees was nasty.

Beach should be private to resort guests. We were constantly being bothered by ladies wanting to do hair braids that were not part of the hotel. And we were constantly being asked if we were interested in para-sailing and etc...

The beach and pools are lovely, nice and confortable. This resorts is great for families with young kids but not for families that have a 14 year old. The day and night programs are mostly catered to little kids.

Adults entertainment is VERY LACKING. Unless you are into drinking and dancing the night away it will be boring. Everything shuts down by 9:30 pm. No indoor shows where you can get a drink and enjoy the program. Much improvement is needed in this area.

We did not like all the cats that were hanging in the outdoor restaurants. There was a plague of small black flying insects that would be on our legs and on my husband they were everywhere.

Overrall the place is good for families with really young kids that have no big expectations like us. The island is nice and someday we may return but not to beaches. The quality of the vacation was not even close to the value of what we paid.

Room Tip: Italan Village seems the nicest. Key West may be new but very secluded and expensive. Alwayd get t...
6 Thank emalfonso
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

We took our family holiday here after previously staying at the amazing beaches resort in Negril.

The resort, food and staff are absolutely amazing and so many of
the team here made out stay memorable.

Despite being have our flight cancelled by BA the team here took every effort to ensure we were well looked after and ended up staying an extra 6 days while we waited for the next available flight.

A big thanks has to go to Tamara at Iguana Pool, who every day looked after us so well and nothing was
Ever to much trouble.

Highly recommend you visit, beautiful island, amazing people and great resort.

Stayed August 2014