“Can't Wait Until Next Year”

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Maine
“Can't Wait Until Next Year”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2009

Great Vacation! Went with my husband, daughter and her boyfriend. Had a great time, staff was extremely friendly, food was great, never expected the food to be so good. Pools were nice and the grounds were kept extremely clean, never wanted for anything. Stayed on the second floor in the Caribbean Village in the main building, was nice because it was located in the middle of everything. Although I do not have small children I was very impressed with the activities that they had for children, enough to keep them busy from morning to night. This will definately be a yearly vacation for me.

• Stayed June 2009

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,804)
  • Indonesian first
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2009

We are there at beaches at TCI for 7 days and it is pretty good except few probelms we faced with our room. First day room service did not turn up and i need to call them, second day night AC did not worked and complained to customer support manager and she felt very bad and she gave us complimentary SPA service for me and my wife. One day water did not turn up. We stayed at french village and looks like it is pretty old even though they tried to maintain well. It is very hot in june. I am from hot country but compared to my country this is very hot and i got sun burn next day itself. I think best time is between November and February for this place.

you can easily see people are really working hard to satisfy tourists.

What i liked at beaches TCI:
1. People are friendly.
2. They are really working hard to satisfy the customer.
3.Seasme camp is very good.
4. Elmo and Co tried to cheer up younger ones at their best.
5. Very good pools and water park is good, my daughter loved it.
6. Food,Drinks and Tips included that i liked it most.
7. Events organisation is pretty good.
8. Gorgous beaches and beautiful setup at beach.
9. I cant forget sunset at this beach, it is amazing.

What i did not liked it:

1. Food is not soo great, we tasted almost all 16 restaurents (except sea food which i do not eat) and it is just avearage (you can see the difference in taste from our place to there).
2. We tried few excursions and they are not worth going we went to sunset cruise and submarine and both are not good as expected.

3. Spa is not soo good, but one try is ok.

4. One more disadvantage internet is not free.

Few Suggestions:
if you are beginner at drinking before go there try to know cocktail and drinsk names other wise if you ask bartender what they have they do not know the names or they do not want to tell list of cocktails or drinks available there. But if you say you need some thing they will make it for you. I am poort at drinks names i faced some issues.

Prepare well for sun burn if you go this time, it is really really hot there.
Do not forget to take medicines with you.

you can see there are more plus points than neagative points and it is one of the best places i went my place.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2009

Absolutely the best vacation we have ever had!! The staff was incredibly friendly and would greet us each morning and interacted with the children like they were old friends. My older 2 (13 and 11 yrs old) had a blast at the tween camp. I felt comfortable with the counselors and they kept them busy doing different activities and events all day. The kids were exhausted each night but had a blast. They had excursions, bonfires on the beach, night swimming, dj camp, .....they were quite busy! My youngest (4 yrs old) stayed with us the entire week and we bounced from the beach to the pool all week. Beaches has an incredible beach and amazing pools. I love the shallow pool that is sectioned off from the regular pool. My son would play in that for hours!!! The food, entertainment and staff were all exceptional. My husband and I even had a romantic dinner on the beach. Omar was our waiter and a really great guy. We stayed in one of the lower category rooms but they were very accomodating with the extra cots for our family of 5. The rooms were clean and the woman that took care of our room was great! She would play with the kids when we stopped in and she always made sure we had extra towels or anything else to make our stay comfortable. Very very nice woman!! I would highly recommend this resort to anyone with children...young or older. My ONLY complaint was the one time the characters were walking around (all of them) and they got together to take pictures with the kids. We were not allowed to use our camera....we had to buy the picture from the photo shop. This only happened once and there are plenty of other opportunities to get character pictures so it wasn't too bad.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank Aurie1020
Westbrook, ME
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2009

Note: My husband (Trip Advisor member Travisc17) submitted a review for the Beaches hotel. This review is focused on our wedding only.

BACKGROUND

We got engaged in May of 2007 and knew immediately that we wanted a destination wedding. We chose Beaches Turks and Caicos because we wanted an all-inclusive resort in a beautiful setting that no one in our group had been to. This resort met all of our criteria.

Planning a wedding from afar was definitely not easy, but we kind of just went with the flow. We had a travel agent, who handled many of the wedding logistics for us. However, as the trip got closer we started emailing directly with Stacie-Ann in the wedding department at Beaches Turks. She was very helpful and quickly responded to all the questions – and there were many!

We booked the Group WeddingMoon package which had a bunch of inclusions, all of which I’ll mention below. We also paid for extras, such as photo and DVD packages. Our photographer was Fran, and our videographer was Fabian. Both did a fantastic job.

MEETING WITH WEDDING PLANNER

The morning after we arrived at the resort we met with Patricia, the wedding planner assigned to us. It was our understanding that Patricia worked under Stacie-Ann. In our first meeting we sat in an office in the Italian Village for two hours, discussing every single detail of the wedding. Patricia was very knowledgeable about our wedding and what we had previously arranged.

Following our meeting we walked the Beaches property to approve the locations for our rehearsal dinner, wedding, and reception. The first location Patricia showed us was the French Pavilion, which is the raised area at the jacuzzi end of the French Village pool. We liked it immediately for our rehearsal dinner, which was included in our package for all of our guests.

We then walked to the location of our wedding ceremony. We knew we wanted a wedding in the sand, so Patricia only showed us one ceremony location: on the beach, just to the right of the Beaches dock (if you’re facing the water). The last location we looked at was the Treasure Beach section of the property, just beyond the Cascade Pool. This is where they hold the Friday night beach BBQ party. We chose this spot for our cocktail and BBQ receptions, both of which we paid extra for.

Following our meeting and tour of the property with Patricia, we felt a lot better. We had stressed about the logistics for a long time, and to have them all settled felt great. We knew we were in good hands with Patricia. From that point on we were totally relaxed.

As a side note, we just want to say how great Patricia was as a wedding planner. We were so impressed with her genuine enthusiasm for our wedding and her professionalism in planning every single detail. Even though she had many weddings to handle, she made us feel as if we were her only client on the property. She’s very good at her job and if any of her managers are reading this, we recommend a promotion! And Patricia, if you’re reading this, thanks for everything. You did an outstanding job and we greatly appreciate it. We hope to see you on the property (or another Sandals’ property) again. Best of luck to you!

MANICURE/PEDICURE FOR BRIDE & MASSAGE FOR GROOM

This was included in our package. I scheduled an appointment for first thing in the morning the day before the wedding. The appointment took place at the Salon, located at the Red Lane Spa. My bridesmaids and I also ended up paying extra to have their hair done the day of the wedding. During this time, Fran, our photographer, as well Fabian, our videographer, showed up to get photos and video footage.

A 35-minute massage for my husband came with our package. He ended up upgrading it to 80 minutes. His massage therapist was Claudette and he said she was great. If you go, definitely request her!

REHEARSAL DINNER

We were given an option of having our rehearsal dinner at 5, 6, or 7 pm. We chose 7, and per Patricia’s request, our entire group met in the Atrium of the Caribbean Village main building at 6:45. Patricia then escorted us to the French Pavilion. When we arrived, 5 large round tables were set up, and the bartenders and servers were ready to go. Patricia had brought along an extension cord for us and we plugged in our small iPod speaker system. The music was just barely loud enough for all 5 tables to hear, because of the Sesame Street Party nearby. The first hour of the night was a welcome cocktail reception. People mingled and took a ton of pictures. The French Village pool was an amazing backdrop as the sun went down. The weather was absolutely perfect.

Dinner were served an hour into the evening. We had smoked salmon (appetizer), a salad with a honey-papaya dressing, a grilled entrecote steak with a lime-peppered shrimp skewer (main course), and a mango coconut torte with strawberry coulis (dessert). Throughout the dinner the waitstaff brought over shots for each of the tables. (Our group was a bit wild and was requesting them.) The dinner concluded at 10 pm, at which point most of the group headed to Turtle’s Bar.

WEDDING CEREMONY

By the time the wedding day came, my husband and I had been on the property for 5 days. It hadn’t rained once that entire time. Sure enough, at 2:30 that afternoon the storm clouds gathered and it poured. Even after the rain stopped, the clouds stayed ominous for another half hour. My husband and I we were a bit untraditional and decided to take some pictures in the various gardens about an hour before the ceremony. By now the sun had come back out and it was blistering hot with our wedding clothes on. At about 4:15, the entire group, minus the bridesmaids and myself, met in the Atrium of the Caribbean Village main building. At this time the groom met briefly with the pastor, Wayde Coleby, about the type of ceremony we wanted. It was here that he indicated the readings we wanted to include. Patricia picked our group up in the Atrium at exactly 4:30. They walked from there to the ceremony location on the beach. We had paid extra for white chair covers, and conch shells with flowers to designate the aisle. Beaches also provided two palm trees that were positioned at the front. The scene was breathtaking.

As the group took their seats, and the male half of the wedding party waited, my husband was excited to see a crowd of people gathering on both sides, most of whom were wearing bathing suits. We had suspected this would happen, so it wasn’t a big deal. The Beaches snorkeling boat did come in just before the bridesmaids started down the aisle, but Patricia asked them to move the boat.

The bridesmaids walked from behind the water sports building, and down the deck to the dock. Our wedding party, and most of our guests, were barefoot. We just went with the basic music for the ceremony. Beaches had a DJ set up just to the right of the location. The bridesmaids entered to a steel drum recording that was very nice. Eventually my father and I entered. The ceremony lasted roughly 25 minutes. We had two of our own readings, and the Pastor had one reading and a bunch of other stuff he included. The Pastor had a microphone so everyone in our group, as well as passersby, could hear him. He passed the mike to the two people who did readings when it came time. Immediately after the ceremony they had us sit down at a table nearby and fill out the marriage documents. We thought the Pastor did a great job.

Following the ceremony, the wedding party took pictures on the beach. The rest of the group was shown to the Turtle’s Lounge, where they waited for us. Pictures took probably 45 minutes and Fran, our photographer, was great. She has a TON of energy, is creative, and relentless in her goal of getting unique shots. We had purchased the Simply Romantic photo package, as well as an addition 3 hours to ensure that Fran would be with us throughout much of the day and night. She actually took pictures of me getting my hair done earlier in the day and was still with us past 9 pm that night. If you get married at Beaches, you should definitely request Fran. A few of her pictures are included with this review.

Following the picture session, my husband and I walked over to the Turtle’s Lounge to meet up with the rest of the group. The walk was a lot of fun because many other guests stopped us along the way to say congratulations. Nearly everyone in the bar was from our group, and by then the bartenders knew us. Before I could even ask for a drink I had one in my hand. [I’m going to pause this review for a moment to note our Top 3 Beaches cocktails: 1. Coconut Cooler; 2. Dirty Banana; 3. Hummingbird!]

COCKTAIL RECEPTION (1 Hour)

Soon enough, Patricia was back to escort the group to Treasure Beach, which is just up off the beach near the Cascade Pool. To be honest, we were a little nervous about how the set-up would look. For those of you who’ve been to the Treasure Beach location, you know how many big wooden picnic tables cover the area. At first glance, it doesn’t seem like the ideal location for a wedding reception. We shared our concerns with Patricia early on and she assured us that it would look great. She even said that she would have some tables moved for us (to form a dancing area) and that she would add white linens to the table tops. We paid extra for the cocktail reception, which included hors d’oeuvres and an open bar. (The coconut tiger prawns were a huge hit.) We also paid extra for a Calypso Band, which played from the stage. The setting was absolutely fantastic. Most of our guests took this opportunity to grab a drink and take photos on the beach, especially as the sun set.

BBQ RECEPTION (3 hours)

The sun had set by the time the BBQ Reception started. We paid extra for a Beach BBQ package. The package came with a bon fire, tree lights, a beach buffet, and an open bar onsite. The food was great—we had everything from BBQ chicken and ribs, to conch, coconut tiger prawns, a bunch of fruits, and desserts. We also purchased a DJ for three hours, and twelve tiki torches to put around the area. The DJ’s name was Cliff and he was subcontracted by Beaches for the job. We liked him a lot; he even ended up letting us stay an extra half hour. We actually brought an iPod with a playlist, and all the DJ had to do was push play. We did a lot of traditional things, like wedding party introductions, father/daughter dance, cake cutting, etc. We also did something a bit untraditional for the first dance. You can check it out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdT-VGVICYs&feature=channel_page !

We had purchased an Ultra DVD package and Fabian, our videographer, did an amazing job. Besides interviewing us earlier in the week, and taping us walking around the property, he taped our ceremony (he put a microphone on me), our photography sessions, and our cocktail and BBQ receptions. We have the raw footage and we’re grateful that Fabian was able to catch so many special moments. Andrew and Sheldon, our bartenders, did an incredible job mixing drinks and spreading their energy. Fran, our photographer, stayed for most of the night (longer than she had to).

The Treasure Beach location ended up being perfect. It was far enough away from the property that no one outside of our group showed up. Security came with about 20 minutes left in our night to let us know that guests in the nearby rooms were complaining of the noise. We turned the speakers in the opposite direction and went for another half hour. (If by some chance one of those guests is reading this review, my apologies to you.)

BREAKFAST IN BED

This came as part of our package. Sheldon, one of our bartenders from the night before as well as our rehearsal dinner, showed up at 9am with all of our breakfast selections. We had ordered the meal earlier in the week when we met with Patricia for the first time. We had everything from omelets and pancakes to fruits and muffins.

PHOTOS AND VIDEO

On the Saturday after our wedding we went to the photo shop in the Italian Village and picked out our pictures. We had over 500 photos to choose from, and it took about two hours to select the 43 that came with our package. (We also purchased some extras at an additional cost.) Over the following couple of days our parents and friends also visited to view and purchase photos.

Just last week we were emailed a link to view our wedding DVD. We have some changes we’d like made, and hopefully the video will turn out okay. Eventually, a finished copy will be mailed to us.

MARRIAGE LICENSE

The official copy hasn’t arrived by mail yet, but we’re looking out for it.

OVERALL?

If you’re interested in a beach destination wedding, at an all-inclusive resort, this is your place. The Beaches staff will take great care of you, and you and your group will have the time of your lives. We certainly did.

• Stayed April 2009
90 Thank Jessiem22
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2009

My wife and I stayed at in the French Village and had a great time at Beaches Turks & Caicos. I really don't get anyone who does not think this resort is anything but the best! We DID NOT travel with children and had a fantastic time. The food is awesome! The service is fantastic! You absolutely can not go wrong!

Special thanks to all the guys at the dive shop (especially Marco) for making an extra effort in getting my wife certified to scuba dive after we showed up with incorrect paperwork from the USA. The diving was awesome and ultra-safe. These guys take their jobs very seriously and we felt absolutely safe at all times!

We are going back next year with the rest of the family!!

The only negative item I warn people about is to NOT USE THE ROOM PHONE TO CALL THE USA (most cell phones from the USA will not work here)!! $5.00/min is an absolute rip-off! We found out the last day that you can rent a cell phone from the gift shop that costs about $1.00 per minute!! It would have been nice to know this prior to spending $300.00 on phone calls back home!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank GasManOhio
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2009

This past February, my family and I took a trip to Providenciales, Turks and Caicos for the first time. What an amazing island! We stayed at Beaches Resort, which is an ideal setting for kids as well as adults. The property is immaculate, the numerous pools and beach front activities are fantastic, and the food was much better than I expected for an all inclusive package.
I rarely travel without my fly rods, and this trip was not going to be an exception. I did my ‘homework’ before we flew down there, and all paths led to Silver Deep for the best guided bonefish trips. Boy, am I happy I asked around and cross referenced my information online, because Silver Deep is a top of the line charter service…and some other outfitters down there are not even in the same game! Silver Deep has a fleet of clean, high end boats for all types of excursions. I was solely interested in fly fishing for bones, so I booked two days with the owner of Silver Deep, Arthur Deane, to show me the flats…and they did not disappoint! I’ve fly fished the Florida Keys, Bahamas, and Belize, and the flats that surround Provo were some of the most pristine and beautiful areas I’ve had the pleasure to cast my fly. Endless white sand flats with bonefish coming at us all day. Arthur is as knowledgeable a guide as I’ve fished with and a total gentleman to boot. He has that amazing knack for spotting bones and is a pleasure to be with for a full day on the water. And if you are lucky, as you are poling along, hunting bonefish, Arthur may even sing some local songs for you. Trust me, in that setting and Arthur crooning in the background…you KNOW you are on vacation at that point. A great trip and well worth it!

6 Thank FishONNewYork_NY
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2009

Absolutey wonderful, the staff was really nice, I think that is what made the trip so pleasurable. Especially the front desk staff. The maid service was good, although they were not the friendliest. But the Entertainment Team was the best, big shot outs to Q and Oral.. we had a great time. The food was good, the rooms were clean, and everything was on time.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled with friends