This trip was to celebrate a 50th wedding anniversary for my parents and my son's high school graduation. We chose Beaches for convenience plus my parents had been before and liked it. I just wanted easy so I could focus on scuba diving a world class location!
My son and I are experienced scuba divers and I was instantly disappointed with Beaches because I wasn't able to get complete answers to any of my questions of their dive staff (or anyone else) in advance of our stay. As a result, we weren't able to take advantage of the included diving. Instead we booked our dives with Dive Provo and were exceptionally pleased. If you are a new diver or one who dives infrequently, I'm sure the dives you'd get with Beaches would be satisfactory. If you dive all the time, then don't even think about diving with them as it is clear they micro-manage the dives, dive profiles and every aspect of your diving.
If you do want to dive with them you'll do a check-out dive if you haven't dived in the last six months. This will cost you a lost day of diving. If you've dived w/in the last six months you have to sit through an orientation that is run at 8:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. daily which may or may not cost you a day of diving. If you want to pay for a night dive, you must dive with them on a day dive first or they won't take you out. Seems to me this simple information could be posted on their website and/or available from one of their people on the reservation line. Had I had this info in advance, it may have made a difference in my planning.
The idea of an all-inclusive is a good one - for some. This resort is ideal for families with young (under 10) children. Your young children will have a blast. I can only imagine most teens would be seriously bored unless they loved the beach or the pools and could cope with being unplugged. Otherwise, they'll spend their whole time surfing the internet and why go through the expense of the trip if that's the case? Young couples might love this place if they aren't the Club Med type looking for lots of loud, wild parties. The alcohol is free-flowing and they weren't cheap with the amount they poured, if that's your thing - as divers, it meant nothing to us and didn't add value. If you are expecting top quality meals, don't go to Beaches; or, lower your expectation level. There was a lot of food. We liked Arizona's and the pizza at the main pool. The main lobby buffet was OK. The other restaurants were so-so to downright awful.
It was an easy place for my elderly parents to navigate. The rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet. The beach was awesome and the pools were great. The service was a mix from downright surly to extremely pleasant. Most of the time, being polite and giving a smile got the same in return; but, not always. Some of the staff seem to resent the guests and don't see why they should give good service since they know there is no tip coming their way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dive into a one-of-a-kind, unbelievably exciting Beaches all-inclusive Turks & Caicos vacation for the whole family. A 45,000 square-foot waterpark; four magnificent villages, boasting the architecture and ambiance of Italy, France, the Caribbean and Key West; a 12-mile beach lapped by clear turquoise waters; endless fun activities for everyone, from tots to tweens and teens, featuring Sesame Street(R) characters, the new Xbox(R) Play Lounge and a sizzlin' teen disco, Liquid at Beaches-all located on one of the world's best beaches.19 Specialty dining options with everything from Caribbean to Japanese, Italian to French, Seafood to Sushi•7000-sq-ft retail village offering guests" high-end jewelry, fashion, candies, souvenirs•Our very own Pirates Island themed aqua-playground hosting one of the Caribbean"s most comprehensive water parks featuring nine slides, lazy river, surf simulator, water cannons, cranks and spray features•Kids of all ages can enjoy fun and games with Elmo and friends in our Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street(R)•X-BOX(R) Play Lounge with plasma screens and the latest games on the market •Voted Beaches Resorts "World"s Leading Family All-Inclusive" 14 years in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "Turks & Caicos Leading Resort" for the 4th year in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "The Caribbean"s Leading Family All- Inclusive" for the 2nd year in a row•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Resorts "Keeping it Green", American Academy of Hospitality Sciences•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Turks & Caicos for the Italian Village•Five Star Diamond Award- The Resort, Le Petit Chateau Restaurant and Mario's Restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Beaches Turks And Caicos
- Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa Turks And Caicos/Providenciales