“Awesome resort with sugar white sand”

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 13 December 2009

We visited Beaches Turks and Caicos for 5 days for our 25th wedding anniversary. The overall experience at this all inclusive resort was excellent. First of all, Grace Bay beach is incredible. The sand was very fine, white in color, and nearly devoid of any coral fragments, shells, etc. The water was classic turquoise- clear, and warm. The T & C islands are protected by a barrier reef (you can see the waves from shore), so the wave action is mild. Leave the surf board at home. The snorkeling right off Beaches is OK, and only because of artificial “reef balls” that coral will grow on. This is marked with an orange buoy. Still, there was a good variety of fish. The better snorkeling is about 15 minutes to the west (take a left facing the ocean), for a small coral reef literally a few feet right off shore. It is in front of Windsong resort/Coral Gardens. Also, walk a few minutes further, and you have a large stretch of wider beach all to your self. The one negative of Beaches beach section is it is very narrow, thus packing people into a smaller space. We did not mind, and spent every day at the beach. We learned to sail a Hobie Cat (included), and snorkeled every day. Ocean catamaran is another included option. You can pay for trips ($65 to 90) that go out on a Beaches boat for diving, snorkeling, glass bottom boat or large catamaran.
The drinks were good, offering what would normally be considered “call” brands- e.g. Beefeaters gin. The food was very good, providing either a buffet style, or theme restaurant with a menu to order from. We drank the house wine, but they offered more choices for purchase. The restaurant themes were anywhere from a 50’s diner to a French restaurant with escargot. There were lots of toddlers present, but there were numerous restaurants for adults only if you desired to escape. There is even a good coffee shop with French pastries/espresso. The Japanese steak house was the one restaurant that required reservations, but we did not go. A separate sushi bar was outstanding.
The grounds were immaculate, clean, well landscaped, and the pools were also well kept. There were plenty of towels. If you go with kids, there is a great water park with slides, rushing water pool (simulates boogie board surfing), and lazy river. The resort staff overall was friendly, helpful, and generally responsive.
We had a Caribbean “premium” king, and the room was decent. It had a trey ceiling, 4 poster bed, and single mattress on slats. The room had a pull out sleeper sofa. Our first room had double beds, the drain did not work, and the AC leaked water. I must say the maintenance was right on it trying to fix it. Newer parts of the resort (French, Italian) may have rooms in better shape.
My one bone to pick is the internet was not included- $14/day. Beaches joins a large group of luxury hotels that do this. It seems if you stay at a Hampton Inn, you get free internet, but if the hotel is “luxury”, they jack you for internet access. And after paying, the wireless only worked in the lobby, not my room (10 doors down from the main lobby). I only used it the last day to check my flights. Just include it in my room!
So I will definitely try to go back. Even though the crowd seemed to be mostly toddlers and wedding parties, we found plenty of seclusion for couples when desired. There is really no need to leave the resort for anything, so we did not see any of the T & C islands, but that opportunity was there.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jbc1013
Write a ReviewReviews (10,789)

Reviewed 12 December 2009

** I'M NOT TO GOOD AT THESE, SO I KEPT IT SHORT AND SWEET..ENJOY
family of 6 ( wife , twin's age's 8 , teenage 15 and myself ) we stayed in the Italian village room 3152 pool view 1st floor walked out to the pool ... staff was amazing !!!!! bartender's room service, EVERYONE !!! seems to bend over backwards to help and serve your family..We couldnt remember anyone saying NO to anything we asked for ...
I really cant see how anyone can write a bad review of this place ... i saw couples , families with children of all ages enjoying and commenting on how much they loved this place ..take advantage of all the activities the hotel has to offer ... KITTYCAT tour was awesome .. cost us around $500 for a family of 6 .. but worth every penny ..and bring some under water camera's .... great pic's and work well .. .. if u want to jetski ?? cost is around $120 and hr but u have to go off of beaches .. FOOD !! was awesome , from the icecream shops for the kids to Mario's (Italian) ,,coffee and expresso's in the french section .. food taste just like anywhere back home ( NY/NJ).. and u can also drink the water , not like Mexico lol ... they also have an Irish pub good burger's and beer ..you can play Texas hold'em tournaments ...
TRIP ... was expensive ballpark around 9 thousand for a family of 6 in the italian village .. shop around for good deals ..some agents were asking for 12 thousand for the same trip ... we stayed 7 days and WORTH EVERY PENNY !!!!!!
TRY TO BOOK YOUR TRIP WHILE SCHOOL IS IN SESSION .. YOU CAN SAVE AROUND 60% OFF UR TRIP ..MAKES A DIFFERENCE !!! kids miss school for a few days and can make up their homework when they get back... trust me not a big deal

OVERALL ... we will be back next year !!!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
6  Thank CLUELESSNJTRAVELER
Reviewed 11 December 2009

This was my family's 3rd trip to Beaches Turks in the past 13 months....and all I can say is that with the addition of the waterpark (which wasn't open on our last visit) and the new entertainment areas, the best family resort in the Caribbean has only gotten better.

1) We stayed in a walkout suite in the Italian Village. Rooms are very good size with perfect design for a family. Having the walkout made life very convenient for the kids to go in/out and we really didn't care about the views. Only negative for large families would be the 1 bathroom if you just get a concierge suite and not the 2 bathrooms for the butler rooms.

2) Food - All in all, the food on property is rather good. We had 2 excellent dinners at Schooners. Thanksgiving at Alabamas was great, especially considering we were a table of 18. The pizza and new snack bar behind Marios is a great addition and spot to grab something on the go - usually on our way between the beach and the water park. Only disappointment is breakfast (where we ate at Marios). Not enough variety in the options each day...would like to see some different options since it gets rather boring after a week.

3) Entertainment - the sesame entertainment is a huge hit for my 2 little ones (5/2) including the stage shows and parade. We did join a couple of the adult events like the poker and blackjack tournaments, but this resort is really about the family. Also, even if you don't stay, check out the new club - they did a really good job in designing it and we had a good time the 1 night we visited. Music was really good, although the place wasn't crowded.

We went snorkeling 3 times during the week and can't say enough about how amazing it is - sea turtles, squid, coral, fish....one of the top places in the caribbean and it's a free 5 minute boat ride from the beach.

Other notes:
- Character breakfast is a great experience if you have little ones. Although the food at the event isn't very good, the experience for kids makes it totally worthwhile.
- Resort staff - amazingly friendly from the managers down to the staff....I think we only heard "no" once all week when they ran out of mint at one of the bars.

All in all - this property is top notch. Glad to answer any/all questions about the property since we know it so well.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2009

Over the week of Thanksgiving I took my family (wife and 8 year old child) to Beaches Turks and Caicos for awell deserved vacation. To sum the experience up ni a word - Wonderful. There was plenty of variety of food to eat, activities for both my wife and myself and for our daughter. You could relax by the crystal blue ocean water or partake in one of the many water activites or go to the Pirates Cove water park and float in the lazy while the kids had plenty of slides and jungle gyms to play on. There were a large variety of daily activities and shows for all members of the family. Everyone was very polite ensured we enjoyed our stay! See ya there next Thanksgiving

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2009

The place was very, very nice. The staff were great in everyway. The scuba dive shop was really great going that extra mile to ensure the saftey of every divers. Helped me with a mess the last dive shop put me into, took the time to correct all mistakes. Carol who runs the shop was super in every way. The diving was really great alot of wildlife. The resturants were aree top notch, they offer a wide varity of cusine to anyones taste and the food was always very good and well prepaired. The grounds were very well manicured at all times. Everyone was there to help you no matter what the problem. The only problem we had was an over flowed toilet and it took three phone calls and three hours to fix, but everything else more than made up for it. Do not get room 147 since it is at the gate where the staff come out at all hours not too bad but was woke up on occasion at night. We will be back and going to bring our granddaughter. The activities for kids are second to none I only wish this place was here in the 80's so we could have brought our children. I strongly suggest this reasort for the price and is well worth what you pay.
Sincerly,
Jack Coffey

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank arrowheart123
Reviewed 6 December 2009

My wife and I were at Beaches Turks and Cacaos August 8-9-09 and overall
My Wife enjoyed her stay better than I did.
I have to say that I am not usually a negative person.

The Positive
The Property was great and I would go back for …. The Beach, Pools, Bars, Food,

The Negative
This is what is stopping me from returning .

Soon as we got our room, The safe did not work – We were told 5 minutes.
1 Hour of our vacation gone.

The other problem was the ac was a little loud, Maintenance worked on it while we were out. No time lost.
Workers adjusted the vents in another direction. Still Loud.
Even though you were able to see that the filter was Clogged with Dust ( I did take a picture of the clogged filter)

All the restaurants were Very Good,
Except for One “Sapodilla’s”
The people here seemed to go out of there way to waste your time here. And others guests said the same that we talked with.
At least 1 more hour wasted of our vacation
I can’t recall any other problems with the food or the service at the other resturants, Even at peak times

Water Sports

Scuba
To make a long story short
We went out about twice as far as the snorkelers (Still able to see the resort, Maybe 1-1/12 miles) for a 2 tank dive.
I still don’t know what the big deal is with Turks and Diving, unless you like rocks and sand.

Sailing
My Wife and I took out a sail boat, But before leaving shore I asked “Jonathan” about any that I needed to know. He said No and we went out having a good time.
Until about a 40 minutes later “Jonathan” comes out in the Rescue Boat a little disturbed and escorts us back to the resort.
When back on land I asked one of his assistants what the problem was?
He said that even though not all the sails boats were being used at that time, You only get the Sail Boat for ½ hour and if you want to stay out longer you have to take a 10 minute break before you get another ½ hour.

Overall You will have a great time…….. Just stay away from Sapodilla’s Resturant, and the Water sports.

I only have a few other complaints, But the really are not that big of a deal ….. I would probably have the same small complaints somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank kahunaa
Reviewed 5 December 2009

Went to Turks with my sister and 2 friends. Had a blast. Definitely the BEST BEACH i have ever been at in my life. Lucky enough to have a butler suite with Randy and Dacia, who were absolutely fantastic. Room was perfect for us and the DJ's at the Liquid Lounge were a lot of fun. Kendro at the piano bar was a real treat too.
Would recommend this resort to anyone, anytime.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends