We visited Beaches Turks and Caicos for 5 days for our 25th wedding anniversary. The overall experience at this all inclusive resort was excellent. First of all, Grace Bay beach is incredible. The sand was very fine, white in color, and nearly devoid of any coral fragments, shells, etc. The water was classic turquoise- clear, and warm. The T & C islands are protected by a barrier reef (you can see the waves from shore), so the wave action is mild. Leave the surf board at home. The snorkeling right off Beaches is OK, and only because of artificial “reef balls” that coral will grow on. This is marked with an orange buoy. Still, there was a good variety of fish. The better snorkeling is about 15 minutes to the west (take a left facing the ocean), for a small coral reef literally a few feet right off shore. It is in front of Windsong resort/Coral Gardens. Also, walk a few minutes further, and you have a large stretch of wider beach all to your self. The one negative of Beaches beach section is it is very narrow, thus packing people into a smaller space. We did not mind, and spent every day at the beach. We learned to sail a Hobie Cat (included), and snorkeled every day. Ocean catamaran is another included option. You can pay for trips ($65 to 90) that go out on a Beaches boat for diving, snorkeling, glass bottom boat or large catamaran.
The drinks were good, offering what would normally be considered “call” brands- e.g. Beefeaters gin. The food was very good, providing either a buffet style, or theme restaurant with a menu to order from. We drank the house wine, but they offered more choices for purchase. The restaurant themes were anywhere from a 50’s diner to a French restaurant with escargot. There were lots of toddlers present, but there were numerous restaurants for adults only if you desired to escape. There is even a good coffee shop with French pastries/espresso. The Japanese steak house was the one restaurant that required reservations, but we did not go. A separate sushi bar was outstanding.
The grounds were immaculate, clean, well landscaped, and the pools were also well kept. There were plenty of towels. If you go with kids, there is a great water park with slides, rushing water pool (simulates boogie board surfing), and lazy river. The resort staff overall was friendly, helpful, and generally responsive.
We had a Caribbean “premium” king, and the room was decent. It had a trey ceiling, 4 poster bed, and single mattress on slats. The room had a pull out sleeper sofa. Our first room had double beds, the drain did not work, and the AC leaked water. I must say the maintenance was right on it trying to fix it. Newer parts of the resort (French, Italian) may have rooms in better shape.
My one bone to pick is the internet was not included- $14/day. Beaches joins a large group of luxury hotels that do this. It seems if you stay at a Hampton Inn, you get free internet, but if the hotel is “luxury”, they jack you for internet access. And after paying, the wireless only worked in the lobby, not my room (10 doors down from the main lobby). I only used it the last day to check my flights. Just include it in my room!
So I will definitely try to go back. Even though the crowd seemed to be mostly toddlers and wedding parties, we found plenty of seclusion for couples when desired. There is really no need to leave the resort for anything, so we did not see any of the T & C islands, but that opportunity was there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dive into a one-of-a-kind, unbelievably exciting Beaches all-inclusive Turks & Caicos vacation for the whole family. A 45,000 square-foot waterpark; four magnificent villages, boasting the architecture and ambiance of Italy, France, the Caribbean and Key West; a 12-mile beach lapped by clear turquoise waters; endless fun activities for everyone, from tots to tweens and teens, featuring Sesame Street(R) characters, the new Xbox(R) Play Lounge and a sizzlin' teen disco, Liquid at Beaches-all located on one of the world's best beaches.19 Specialty dining options with everything from Caribbean to Japanese, Italian to French, Seafood to Sushi•7000-sq-ft retail village offering guests" high-end jewelry, fashion, candies, souvenirs•Our very own Pirates Island themed aqua-playground hosting one of the Caribbean"s most comprehensive water parks featuring nine slides, lazy river, surf simulator, water cannons, cranks and spray features•Kids of all ages can enjoy fun and games with Elmo and friends in our Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street(R)•X-BOX(R) Play Lounge with plasma screens and the latest games on the market •Voted Beaches Resorts "World"s Leading Family All-Inclusive" 14 years in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "Turks & Caicos Leading Resort" for the 4th year in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "The Caribbean"s Leading Family All- Inclusive" for the 2nd year in a row•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Resorts "Keeping it Green", American Academy of Hospitality Sciences•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Turks & Caicos for the Italian Village•Five Star Diamond Award- The Resort, Le Petit Chateau Restaurant and Mario's Restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Ebookers so you can book your Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Beaches Turks And Caicos
- Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa Turks And Caicos/Providenciales