“great for kids!”

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 23 February 2010

If you have a family or small children this resort is AMAZING! if you're looking to have fun and romance as a couple, go to sandals instead. The food is really good though.

Stayed: February 2010

Reviewed 22 February 2010

We had a terrific experience at Beaches Turks and Caicos. The service was top notch from the moment we arrived. Greeted with fresh towels and a cool drink, our bags were taken to our room and we were able to begin our vacation. We stayed in the Turquoise deluxe room which was more than enough space to accomodate my wife, myself, and two sons. Our room was centrally located and a short walk to the beach. Two pools were very close as well. A great variety of restaurants and snack foods as well. Drinks were fabulous and bartenders were always willing to make anything you wanted. The new water park was a huge hit with my sons. They couldn't get enough of it. We wish the water park could stay open a little later. Our least favorite part of the trip was a few cloudy days but the pool at the Italian Village is heated and a great place to be if it is a little cool. Sarah Meier-Sy is the Director of Guest Services and I would recommend speaking to her if you need anything. She made reservations for us at two restaurants including a table overlooking the ocean at Schooners. She truly made our family feel special and we can't thank her enough for the things she did for us. We hope to return in the near future. This is by far the best vacation we ever had.

1  Thank yankee4214
Reviewed 22 February 2010

We just returned from Beaches resort turks and caicos 7 day trip and had a wonderful time! Traveled with husband, two daughters 17 & 13. U S Airways 6am Boston to 9:30 charlotte, 10:45 connection to providenciales. Connection was a little tight, ran to gate& jumped right on next flight. Arrival at Provo(very small airport) , walked off plane right through customs, agent right outside the door,took our name & flagged down a van. A very short ride to resort ,9 minutes to be exact. We stayed in the French Village.Each village has its own check in.Our room was not ready upon arrival and we were escorted to the closest restaurant (Guseppies) for a very nice lunch.The room was ready as we finished lunch. We booked a ground floor , king with a trundle bed and that is what we received. Nice room, glad we chose the ground floor and king room! Seemed to have a little more room with just the king bed in it and extended feeling as we had a small patio just outside the sliding door. A small briefing about room keys,who to call for reservations... they offered a roll away bed if we wanted, we opted not and never felt we needed it during our stay.Trundell rolls completely out and can be moved wherever. Refrigerator ,coffee & coffee maker provided. Tray of snacks, beach tote, waterproof camera and 3 bottles of sun screen, these items are NOT FREE, YOU WILL BE CHARGED! Nice closet and plenty of drawer space. Vanity with sink ,then another vanity and sink inside bathroom area. Nice to be able to get ready while another in shower. service through out the resort was great! We only encountered slow service once, at Marios resturant , can not complain. Hate to admit this but we did try ALL resturants except for the two adult only. A fun filled and I do mean filled experiance! Found food to be the best I have had at an all inclusive . Always found something at each one that we were all pleased, and if one wasn't, we just finished up there and went to the next. They did ask for your name and room # when being seated. Arizonas had wonderful Jerk chicken. My husband loved the T-bone steak. My 13 year old ate pizza every night on our way back to the room.We ate at kimonos twice. Reservations not a problem. Our daughter turned 13 on that thursday night so she picked kimonos for her birthday dinner. I had let our chef Taylor know that we would be returning and he said that he would hook us up on thursday, and boy did he ever! Entertainment every night, some better than others but always a lot of fun! We have done some traveling and I cant say enough about the beauty of the ocean here! So incredibly beautiful! We did one excursion outside of Beaches, ATV ride with a company called Froggies. Pools are all lovely. Italian village is heated. French and carribean pools very nice. All depends what you are looking for. We bounced around alot.I did particapate in the towel on the chair game to reserve a good seat at the Ital village a couple of times. A must if you want a chair. But we always seemed to return back to the French village under a conopy for the afternoon nap.Grounds are all beautiful and well kept. I am trying to keep this short and sweet ,I am feeling like there is so much more detail and could go on and on. Just would like to put it out there that we had a wonderful time and would love to answer any questions for anybody with more detail. I know that it was a big decision for my family and needed alot of info making the decision then once plans were made wanted to hear from others about details. Have lots of info. to share!!!!!! Thank you to all the trip advisors out there that helped me with making the decision to choose Beaches Turks and Caicos.
massfamilyfun2007

5  Thank MassFamilyfun2007
Reviewed 22 February 2010

My family of four including a 9 &11 year old has stayed at many resorts including Sandals Royal Caribbean, Beaches Sandy Bay, RIU Negril, and The Reef at Paradise Island in the Bahamas. Beaches Turks and Caicos for me was the overall best for Mom and Dad time.

Kids Camp:
Excellent-- We were able to guiltlessly drop the kids off a few times for a quiet dinner alone and some relaxation time. That's because the camp staff was plentiful and was so good with all of the kids (I observed them). The kids all seemed to be very content.

The staff:
Super friendly and ready to please-- We met the General Manager in charge of all the restaurants. He was extremely attentive, accommodating and personable. He even gave us a follow up call the following day to see if we were satisfied or needed anything at all. You really feel appreciated on this resort.

The beach:
Best I've seen--
Even though the water was cool the color was beautiful and the sand was powdery.

The food:
Best I've ever had at an all inclusive-- The restaurants were well managed and they aimed to please. We only stayed for 6 days so we couldn't eat at all 16 of the restaurants. We really enjoyed our meal at Le Petit Chateau (adults only no reservations required). We enjoyed the burgers and Pizza in the Italian village, the beach grill in the Caribbean Village, and the service and Charm of the restaurant managers in the French Village was an absolute treat. I enjoyed the accommodating attitudes of the folks at Cricketers Pub. In fact, I will not stay at another Beaches property until their food is at least half as good as this one. Even the Pub food was good.

Caribbean Village:
Not as bad as some reviewers said depending on where you are......We had two rooms the first was in the higher 300's (better location in relation to the beach) We Liked the room (not the luxury that some family hotels offer now --, just a room), but the spring on the bed was broken so we asked to be moved. BIG MISTAKE, the room they moved us to was far worse. The 2nd room which was in the low 200's (a better location to other villages) was damp all the time, had slight damp odor, and had these tiny bugs in the bathroom.. Yikes! I called about an upgrade the 2nd day and just decided to stay because we were only in the room long enough to sleep and shower each day. Again, all of the rooms in the Caribbean village were not like this.

The weather:
Hot enough for me not hot enough for my Jamaica lovin’ husband. You will get sunburned on an 84 degree day in TCI. Bring sunblock and hat for the kids I spent about 60 dollars on hats for my sons at the gift shop. If it rains it most likely will clear up for most of the day. Don’t worry about the weather.

Family Photos:
--Excellent-- The photographers here are awesome the pictures on the beach are stunning. Do it! We had Jim but Ricardo is excellent too and very good with kids.

Local Market:
Just outside the gate in the Italian Village. And, on Wednesdays, at the fron’t entrance of the Caribbean Village.

Overall:
Like many review before, despite the room issues, we still managed to have a wonderful vacation. I liken it to a great party, if there’s good food, good people, good drinks and a good venue, at the end of the night you can’t complain too much.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank ire_Island
Reviewed 22 February 2010

I generally do not write reviews, but felt the need after some of the reviews I noted. FIRST OFF, I AM NOT BEING OFFERED ANY INCENTIVE, OR RAFFLE, TO POST MY COMMENTS. As a repeat traveler to the Beaches/Sandals chain (15 times), I have never heard of this incentive.

My husband and I have been to this resort on 5 occasions (once without children), and are scheduled to return at the end of this month (6th visit). Our most recent visit was in July of 2009 with my extended family (mom, brother/wife and his two children (ages 4 and 7 at the time). My husband and I travelled with our 5 year olf daughter.

This reosrt consistently offers outstanding service. Any issues that may occur can be easily resolved by speaking with management. Sadly, at times we noted guests shouting at management, which we do not believe is the necessary approach. My extended family had such an amazing trip last July, that we are all returning again this June. This resort offers amazing dining choices (if you don't like what's available at one restaurant, move on to another), a gorgeous beach, wonderful pool, great children's activities, and wonderful pools.

My husband and I have travelled throughout the Caribbean (Antigua, Jamaica, Barbados, Dominican Republic, and St. Lucia) and continue to return "home" to Beaches T & C. This resort is truly amazing!!! We can't wait to return in less than one week (my mother enjoyed it so much, she is returning with us in Feb. as well as June). Our travel agent, Jane, at Twinsburg Travel, is also amazing in helping us schedule our amazing vacations.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. You will not regret visiting this beautiful oasis.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank HLaw97
Reviewed 21 February 2010

Overview
Beaches is not for everyone. My wife and I are very easygoing easy to please people. We had an OK time, but honestly the value was just not there. The beach (our whole reason for going) is overrated by other reviewers and my god does buffet fare get old after a week. Beaches is not geared towards relaxation. There are usually DJs at the pools shouting over Lady Gaga and Bob Marley. There are loads of Kids around, but 99% of them were well behaved. I was often surrounded by 4-6 year olds in the jacuzzi. There are few rules at Beaches except at the water park.

Arrival
It's cattle call at the airport, but not at all confusing. After clearing customs, you are loaded group by group into private taxis. Upon arrival we were asked to provide something called a hotel voucher. We didn't have this whatever it is despite doing early check-in. We gave them the confirmation from the early check-in and they issued us a 'temporary voucher'. Never heard anything about it after that.

Beach
Beach is narrow and somewhat steep. Not ideal for sunbathing as you are at a 20 degree angle. Sunrise/Sunsets are obscured by the island, water a tad cold, substantial side to side current, windy every day. The 'good snorkeling place down the beach' is a 100 yard ring of ropes around a coral restoration site. You are not allowed inside, but you can follow the rope around. Sand is beige powder, water is a beautiful turquoise color, but all the buoy ropes and the surge and currents are not conducive to swimming.

XBox Lounge
They have a crapload of XBox 360s, but few interesting games. There was one copy of Guitar Hero and a couple of sports titles on particular systems (crowded), after that it was Crash Bandicoot, Lego Batman, Tetris, and you could play some selected demos that were all bad. The controllers were greasy and they supplied Purel, but the dispenser was empty when I was there. I really wanted to wash my hands when I left.

Elmo Show
Only 20 minutes long, but our son loved them.

Internet Access
Internet costs about 40 bucks a week and is PER COMPUTER. Because we have two laptops and 2 smart phones we blew 80 before we realized the pipe is only suitable for light web browsing and e-mail. The throughput is abysmal considering the cost (about a megabyte every 20 seconds when it is working at all). Skype didn't work well enough to make calls, ITunes TV programs took about 12 hours per. Hulu and Pandora will not stream to T&C. Connection bounced often in the room, better on the balcony.

Phone
Because we couldn't get Skype to work we asked the front desk to suggest a way for my wife to make a few business calls. They suggested using the room telephone. When we checked out we saw it was $5.35/minute. Yay.

Wine
The Stone Cellars by Beringer wines are about as good as Two Buck Chuck and will offend few and amaze none. I liked to turn the Pinot Grigio into a light sangria by having the bartenders add ice and fruit.

Beer
The local Turks Head beer is excellent. It is a lager style beer with notes of malted barley similar to a microbrewery lager in my opinion, very fresh also. There is also an amber which is sweeter and more malty.

Hard Alc
Chivas, Black Label for the Scotch drinkers, Crown Royal. Not much Bourbon. Decent Cognac. Most good brands of Vodka and Gin, even Port.

Le Petit Chateau

Arrived at around 9:00 two other couples were finishing up, otherwise the place was empty, they sat me in the bar for 10 minutes waiting for my table to 'be ready', but I did get a drink. I ordered the escargot, French onion soup, and the filet and daube of beef combo, filet rare. The escargot was very tender to the point of the flavor being gone and the texture seeming wrong, could have been pieces of long simmered mushroom for all I could tell, and was served in the pesto sauce that I was to learn is omnipresent at the restaurants. The French onion soup could have been made with a beef flavor ramen packet, the cheese on top was tasteless, probably mozzarella. The filet, however, was nicely charred outside, perfecty rare and VERY tender. I also loved the generous portion of beef daube (long cooked tender beef).

The atmosphere at LPC is like a phony Disneyland alpenhaus, the service competent and attentive.

Next visit, 8:20 packed, 45 minute wait, go figure. Went to Mario's instead.

Third visit, again a 10 minute wait, no drink served this time. Moderately busy. App of 'prawns' and gnocchi was not very good. Lamb loin main was perfectly cooked, but I am getting tired of lamb loin at this point.

Arizona's
Tried the lunch buffet. Arizona's is a bit of a dump, but it has a somewhat ocean facing outdoor seating area and it is just beautiful there at night. Their famous Jerk Chicken was excellent, but not traditionally spiced. The rest of the buffet items were awful. I tasted a beef stew that was seasoned with so much pepper it tasted like black pepper beef from Mr Chau's and a piece of BBQ pork which was hard to chew. The waitstaff was stellar, whisking your plate away as soon as you took your last morsel, in part to mitigate the flies that were craving the jerk chicken once it cooled enough to light on.

Cricketeers
There was never anybody in there except during the superbowl. Beer is served a tad on the warm side but they do have a nice selection of canned beer including Guiness. Shrimp cocktail was good and carved beef and potatoes was average.

Schooners
My wife did not like her snapper which she said had an odd texture. I liked the conch salad, but my crab cake was all bread dough and my stone crab claws were odd.

Marios
The indoor and outdoor spaces at Mario's are striking, and the first time I tried the buffet I was impressed. The next day it was SSDD and I wasn't so thrilled.

Meal 1 : Dinner was bread with omni pesto, antipasto from the buffet and wonderful 'finger burning' lamb chops. The lamb chops were as good as any big city fine dining. Portion smallish in contrast with the beef dish at LPC.

Meal 2 : Bread with omni pesto, more antipasto, and 'veal milanese' which was supposed to be a breaded veal cutlet served on a bed of creamy potatoes with a lemon caper sauce (picatta in my book) but instead was a couple of overcooked breaded 'veal' portions reminiscent of the school lunch program tenderness wise with a bit of nondescript brown sauce on the side and a chunk of cauliflower and broccoli straight from Clarence Birds-Eye. I kind of don't understand. They have the same menu every night, how could they get this dish so wrong?

Meal 3 : They are only doing buffet for dinner tonight and it is SSDD except for an overcooked strip loin carving station. I am ready to go home at this point.

Guiseppes
Mario's junior. Pasta to order or tired antipasto. One highlight is Gyro meat, nicely spiced tender lamb roasted on a skewer.

Barefoot by the sea
I had a nice filet mignon, wife's fish (soul) was oddly gelatinous. Conch salad app was delish.

Sushi Bar
I had sashimi, it was pretty good and a nice break from the Italian and French places. Words to the wise, good Japanese beers and sake here, AND conch sashimi. My wife enjoyed her rolled sushi quite a bit.

Soon Comeback beach party.
Save your appetite for this event. There is endless conch salad, real freshly grilled jerk chicken and pork and all manner of Caribbean stews, some better than others. Entertainment was mostly a bunch of yelling, like at the pools.

Waterpark
The waterslide was fun, and the lazy river would have been nice except it was usually full of rowdy teenagers. Couldn't get near the surf simulator all week as it was full of kids playing king of the hill.

Camp Sesame
We had not planned to put our 3 year old in Camp Sesame, but after 3 days of going to the windy beach, the pools and the waterpark, he was unhappy and bored. The first day at camp he cried for the first 15 minute and then reluctantly joined in. The next two days he loved it, and on the third day he was dancing all the way from the French Village. Having a 3 hour activity in the morning made him appreciate the water amenities more towards the end of the visit.

Dive Shack
The dive shack was about 1/3 mile from our room in the FV. They required us to walk over to sign up for activities and to check in. Both my wife's and my snorkel excursions were canceled and we had to find out by lugging all our gear from our room all the way over there. They claimed there were currents, but boat was nowhere around and it's a boat so it could go somewhere where the water is calm. It was a beautiful day and the least windy day of our stay. I guess it was out servicing VIPs.

The diving requires you to BRING YOUR CERT CARD, and to waste a day on a refresher course, but it is free. I forgot my card as we were hurrying out a day early to escape the huge winter storm.

Room
Our French Village Luxury walkout was everything we could have asked for. Minor quibbles were the smallish tub and in contrast to the perfect quiet of the walls and ceiling, every time somebody walked past the door to the room we were well aware of their conversation. They mowed the lawn in front one day, and I couldn't hear it until I opened the sliding door. Fix the room door!!! They even included a dehumidifier which we used more to dull the hall traffic noise than anything else. Maid service 2x a day was a treat with all the towel and sand mess but the service got wacky mid visit.

The first few days our room was done very nicely with normal maid service and then turndown service which we enjoyed. Day 4 came and no maid service at all. Day 5 came and we hung out the 'make this room' sign and were out of the room from 9 to 3, no service. We called the front desk and asked for service, we went to the Elmo show and to dinner, we get back and they are just starting our room around 7:00. Ok fine, we go out to our balcony to wait and the guy doing our room leaves with it half done and no explanation. We wait for a while and give up and start putting our son to bed. 8:00PM, a female maid knocks on the door and wants to finish, my wife starts to explain that our son is sleeping but the lady just walks in and starts arranging the sheets, a minute later the dude reappears and they finish quickly thank god.

Staff
The staff was wonderful with the exceptions noted except for a couple of junior Napoleons at the waterpark. We especially liked the ladies at Club Sesame. I did have one odd little interchange with a security guard that bothered me. I was walking from the dive shack when I was approached by someone wearing a white Beaches polo shirt. He asked me in a quiet voice whether I was staying on the property. I repled Yes in a normal conversational tone. He then asked me for my room number which I provided. He grunted and asked to see my key, which I gave him. Then he gave me my key back and looked at me and said the first two digits of my room number, I provided the last two, and then he looked at me like 'I don't like you and you just gave me your room number'. I was uncomfortable for a few hours wondering whether to change rooms and wondering whether this person was actually a Beaches security guard. Since you are reading this, I survived and am over it. If this happens to you, ask to see credentials so you are on a more even footing with the guard.

Insects
None to speak of except for flies by the beach. I got two mosquito bites in a week of not using bug repellent.

Departure
What an [--] nightmare. The line for security went about 200 yards outside the airport building. The 'departure lounge' was like a crowd scene from Soylent Green. The only space we could find was sitting on the floor in the duty free liquor store. Once we finally got on the plane, we sat on the tarmac for two hours. Apparently a big part of the problem is there is no taxiway and only one runway. To take off the plane has to go to the other end and turn around which stops inbound planes from landing.

What to bring that you may not have thought of
Shorty wetsuit - Water is a little cold.
Insulated cup - Drinks get warm rather quickly in those plastic cups.
Computer that can route wireless IP - pay once for all your devices.
AV Cable for Laptop - TV is local channels only no DVD in room (for us peons anyway).

3  Thank PhiloFarnsworth
Reviewed 21 February 2010

Beaches, TCI is one of the best Carribean destinations I have been. I have been to about 15 different islands in the region. I am writing however to regail the Red Lane Spa within Beaches. I have had over 20 theraputic massages and am very critical of the experience. I am usually let down and never really find the perfect massage. Until now! Claudette at the Red Lane Spa at the Beaches TCI performed their signature "West Indies" massage and treatment. To say I was happy would not do the experience justice. It was everything i was looking for in a whole body, swedish style massage. Claudette was extremely professional and made the experience very comfortable. All in all I HIGHLY recommend Claudette adn the Red LAne Spa Beaches, Turks and Caicos.