I travelled to Beaches Turks and Caicos with two children ages 4 and 7 during the first week of November. After extensive research on pricing and reading reviews on Trip Advisor, we booked our stay through Dream Makers Vacation Services, with Michael McHugh. Beaches doesn't discount its rooms but Dream Makers has a close partnership with the resort and has extensive knowledge of the resort, and I can't compliment enough the quality of service that we received from Michael. We booked a French Village room because that what was within our budget, and we were upgraded to an Italian Village Penthouse Suite - which costs thousands more. When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by Adrian, one of the managers, who welcomed us personally and who spoke so highly of Dream Makers Vacation Services. And he was right in every way. Not only did Michael answer every question I had in advance, but he made diving and restaurant reservations for us, and since we were there during Hurricane Tomas, he checked on us throughout our stay to make sure we were ok and that we were able to get home. Dream Makers Vacation Services was truly outstanding and I highly recommend that anyone who travels to Beaches use this agency.
Now about the resort - they say that you can best judge a hotel by how it acts during a crisis, and I must say that this is the case. We were there when Hurricane Tomas was supposed to hit, and I can't say enough good things about how the hotel managed the threat of the hurricane (which is all it turned out to be - a lot of rain). The manager had several meetings with hotel guests to update them the weather, the situation with the airport, the hotel's emergency facilities (they have a generator, enough food to last for weeks and weeks, etc.). The airport ended up being close for 2 days and the hotel staff in the concierge areas were bombarded by agitated, frustrated guests who were desperate to find alternate travel arrangements and they kept their cool and did an amazing job of helping each guest. In addition, they were in constant communication with the airport and the airlines and were able to let us know when American Airlines opened a new flight, which was the saving grace for us to get home. Lastly the hotel provided 2 complimentary nights to those guests who were stranded due to the airport closures, which was an unbelievable display of outstanding customer service. They arranged tons of indoor activities when the weather turned bad, and made sure that guests were entertained. The hotel is all about serving its guests, addressing their needs, and demonstrating outstanding professionalism - much like Dream Makers Vacation Services.
On to the actual facilities...there are a ton of restaurants. Le Petit Chateau, adults only, was amazing. We loved the BBQ at Arizona's for lunch. Lorna and Brian at Bobby Ds were lovely. The dive team was excellent, as were the guys who took us out on the Hobbie Cats. Our kids loved the waterslides, the beach, the fashion show, and the abundance of activities going on all the time. The place is like a wonderland between the cotton candy machines, the ice cream bar, and the halloween trick or treating. Everywhere we went staff smiled at us and said hello. The manager had commented during one of the hurricane meetings how much they take care of their staff and how they make sure that they are treated well. This was evident by the level of job satisfaction and customer service that came from 95% of the staff. Also the transfer to and from the airport was so smooth, down to the hotel actually providing a scale in the departure lounge so that you could make sure your luggage wasn't overweight. Our room was beautiful - housekeeping services were terrific and my kids loved the monkey and dog that the housekeeping staff made out of towels and left in the room.
I have very few criticisms of the hotel. My kids went to camp a few mornings and a couple of evenings. They were happy with the morning session and the camp enabled them to make friends that they played with throughout the week. I wasn't as pleased with the evening activities and when I let the staff know they went out of their way to address my concerns and thank me for providing feedback. I think the camp would benefit from having coloring and arts and crafts avaiable during the downtime between activities and having the capacity for free play activities besides xbox. But again my kids were happy and I was very pleased with the management's willingness to listen to our feedback. This is a sign of a truly exceptional hotel, one that is committed to excellence and making sure that guests are happy. Our only other issues were the shortage of towels - guests seemed to hoard them, we couldn't find them near the beach, and we had a lot of rain so they kept getting wet. I agree with other reviewers that it would be nice to have food and drink service at the beach and pool. However I can see how not doing this helps keep the place as immaculate as it is -from the lack of trash to the beautiful landscaped areas. The place is paradise.
We are looking forward to going back and hope that there are more flights and improvements at the airport!
It was a tremendous vacation, and I would like to thank Michael McHugh at Dream Makers Vacation Services and the manager Adrian for all that they did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dive into a one-of-a-kind, unbelievably exciting Beaches all-inclusive Turks & Caicos vacation for the whole family. A 45,000 square-foot waterpark; four magnificent villages, boasting the architecture and ambiance of Italy, France, the Caribbean and Key West; a 12-mile beach lapped by clear turquoise waters; endless fun activities for everyone, from tots to tweens and teens, featuring Sesame Street(R) characters, the new Xbox(R) Play Lounge and a sizzlin' teen disco, Liquid at Beaches-all located on one of the world's best beaches.19 Specialty dining options with everything from Caribbean to Japanese, Italian to French, Seafood to Sushi•7000-sq-ft retail village offering guests" high-end jewelry, fashion, candies, souvenirs•Our very own Pirates Island themed aqua-playground hosting one of the Caribbean"s most comprehensive water parks featuring nine slides, lazy river, surf simulator, water cannons, cranks and spray features•Kids of all ages can enjoy fun and games with Elmo and friends in our Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street(R)•X-BOX(R) Play Lounge with plasma screens and the latest games on the market •Voted Beaches Resorts "World"s Leading Family All-Inclusive" 14 years in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "Turks & Caicos Leading Resort" for the 4th year in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "The Caribbean"s Leading Family All- Inclusive" for the 2nd year in a row•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Resorts "Keeping it Green", American Academy of Hospitality Sciences•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Turks & Caicos for the Italian Village•Five Star Diamond Award- The Resort, Le Petit Chateau Restaurant and Mario's Restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Beaches Turks And Caicos
- Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa Turks And Caicos/Providenciales