“Amazing Travel Agent and Amazing Resort - What more could we want?”

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Closter, NJ
“Amazing Travel Agent and Amazing Resort - What more could we want?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2010

I travelled to Beaches Turks and Caicos with two children ages 4 and 7 during the first week of November. After extensive research on pricing and reading reviews on Trip Advisor, we booked our stay through Dream Makers Vacation Services, with Michael McHugh. Beaches doesn't discount its rooms but Dream Makers has a close partnership with the resort and has extensive knowledge of the resort, and I can't compliment enough the quality of service that we received from Michael. We booked a French Village room because that what was within our budget, and we were upgraded to an Italian Village Penthouse Suite - which costs thousands more. When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by Adrian, one of the managers, who welcomed us personally and who spoke so highly of Dream Makers Vacation Services. And he was right in every way. Not only did Michael answer every question I had in advance, but he made diving and restaurant reservations for us, and since we were there during Hurricane Tomas, he checked on us throughout our stay to make sure we were ok and that we were able to get home. Dream Makers Vacation Services was truly outstanding and I highly recommend that anyone who travels to Beaches use this agency.

Now about the resort - they say that you can best judge a hotel by how it acts during a crisis, and I must say that this is the case. We were there when Hurricane Tomas was supposed to hit, and I can't say enough good things about how the hotel managed the threat of the hurricane (which is all it turned out to be - a lot of rain). The manager had several meetings with hotel guests to update them the weather, the situation with the airport, the hotel's emergency facilities (they have a generator, enough food to last for weeks and weeks, etc.). The airport ended up being close for 2 days and the hotel staff in the concierge areas were bombarded by agitated, frustrated guests who were desperate to find alternate travel arrangements and they kept their cool and did an amazing job of helping each guest. In addition, they were in constant communication with the airport and the airlines and were able to let us know when American Airlines opened a new flight, which was the saving grace for us to get home. Lastly the hotel provided 2 complimentary nights to those guests who were stranded due to the airport closures, which was an unbelievable display of outstanding customer service. They arranged tons of indoor activities when the weather turned bad, and made sure that guests were entertained. The hotel is all about serving its guests, addressing their needs, and demonstrating outstanding professionalism - much like Dream Makers Vacation Services.

On to the actual facilities...there are a ton of restaurants. Le Petit Chateau, adults only, was amazing. We loved the BBQ at Arizona's for lunch. Lorna and Brian at Bobby Ds were lovely. The dive team was excellent, as were the guys who took us out on the Hobbie Cats. Our kids loved the waterslides, the beach, the fashion show, and the abundance of activities going on all the time. The place is like a wonderland between the cotton candy machines, the ice cream bar, and the halloween trick or treating. Everywhere we went staff smiled at us and said hello. The manager had commented during one of the hurricane meetings how much they take care of their staff and how they make sure that they are treated well. This was evident by the level of job satisfaction and customer service that came from 95% of the staff. Also the transfer to and from the airport was so smooth, down to the hotel actually providing a scale in the departure lounge so that you could make sure your luggage wasn't overweight. Our room was beautiful - housekeeping services were terrific and my kids loved the monkey and dog that the housekeeping staff made out of towels and left in the room.

I have very few criticisms of the hotel. My kids went to camp a few mornings and a couple of evenings. They were happy with the morning session and the camp enabled them to make friends that they played with throughout the week. I wasn't as pleased with the evening activities and when I let the staff know they went out of their way to address my concerns and thank me for providing feedback. I think the camp would benefit from having coloring and arts and crafts avaiable during the downtime between activities and having the capacity for free play activities besides xbox. But again my kids were happy and I was very pleased with the management's willingness to listen to our feedback. This is a sign of a truly exceptional hotel, one that is committed to excellence and making sure that guests are happy. Our only other issues were the shortage of towels - guests seemed to hoard them, we couldn't find them near the beach, and we had a lot of rain so they kept getting wet. I agree with other reviewers that it would be nice to have food and drink service at the beach and pool. However I can see how not doing this helps keep the place as immaculate as it is -from the lack of trash to the beautiful landscaped areas. The place is paradise.

We are looking forward to going back and hope that there are more flights and improvements at the airport!

It was a tremendous vacation, and I would like to thank Michael McHugh at Dream Makers Vacation Services and the manager Adrian for all that they did.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank NJFamilyCloster_NJ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,807)
  • Indonesian first
Bloomfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2010

First, let me say that we planned this entire vacation for the kids...otherwise, I would have been at Sandals. So, was everything perfect for me as an adult....no...but it was very very good. Now, ask my 9 year old...and she will tell you that it was a dream vacation for her...the best place ever and now that we are home, she is still talking about it. They had an area just for the the kids..with a restaurant that served chicken fingers..french fries...burgers...walk outside and there are two awesome slides...and a swim up bar for kids service smoothies.

My biggest complaint is that there is not much for adults to do at night...one bar/lounge..and it's pretty empty at ...but honestly, there was only one night I even had the energy to get there. I found the rooms to be clean...the restaurants to be good. The excursions are great..and beach...oh my..that can't be beat..ever...no matter where you go. The staff is friendly. Is everything perfect...no...but no vacation ever is. But I can tell you that this was as close to perfect that I've gotten.

We loved our family vacation...we will never forget it!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank mary6949
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2010

My husband and I stayed at Beaches Turks & Caicos for our Honeymoon and just returned home. We had a fantastic time!!

Honeymoon: Although it was a Beaches (family) Resort, we were not at all distracted by the children & families at the hotel and on the grounds. For anyone planning a honeymoon, if you're questioning whether or not to stay at this Beaches, I'd say go for it. Yes, there are families and children at the resort, but there are so many activities for kids which keeps them busy and mostly in the Italian Village area. You will certainly see kids daily, but again, you probably won't go to the kiddie pool, but rather grab a cabana on the beach with your spouse. You can still have a romantic dinner on the beach, or in one of the several restaurants, lounge by the pool, and go for a quiet walk at night.

When we first arrived, we made our way through the airport and were driven to the resort via taxi. Several "Beaches" employees are stationed at the airport to help you get around. Once we arrived, our bags were taken for us and we were able to check-in. Although we had to wait for our room, (about half an hour) we were given a tour of the resort and escorted to a restaurant to grab a bite to eat.

Food: There are 16 restaurants on the resort and they are all really good. There's a huge variety of food, and everything is CLEAN! Some of the restaurants have tablecloths on the tables and I saw more than once that when guests would leave after their meal, the entire table cloth was changed, not just brushed off! I'm a picky eater, and was able to find food that was very enjoyable.

The pools on the resort are very clean, and towels are provided. The beach is beautiful, and there are several lounge chairs and cabanas for everyone. Walking around the grounds themselves there were several staff who always said hi, and they were always working. The grounds were CLEAN and the upkeep was evident.

Rooms: We booked a Honeymoon Suite which was large, and nice. The second day we were there, it rained and we had a leak in our room. We called the front desk and within 20 minutes we had a staff member at our door to pick up our bags and were upgraded to a Villa with no hassle at all. The villa room was fantastic - very clean again, with sheets and towels in the room cleaned daily - sometimes even twice a day! It was very quiet at night, and we slept well every night (in both rooms we had!).

There is a spa on the resort which is second to none! Again, very clean and great service. There are shops on the resort which are very nice, but there is also a daily market just outside of the resort showcasing local merchants. Worth going to!

I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone! It was more expensive than other places we looked at, but you get what you pay for!! We arrived and left with several other guests that we met along the way, and there were no complaints that we heard of from them either.

Great place to stay!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dpalblue
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2010

FIRSTLY PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY GOING HERE! Please please please read this before spending your money. There are MUCH better value 5 star venues in the Caribbean than this !

We booked the concierge service at the Italian village, seriously not worth half the price. As for the other villages, I understand much worse.

One sesame character walks around once per day for about 10 mins. Always accompanied by the hotel photographer and ushered away quickly after one photograph. Sometimes you are restricted from taking your own photographs of your children to make u buy the hotel photographs! (at huge cost $250 for 20 on a cd)

The sesame street parade was later than 7.30 leaving most children tired and upset, but yet it is shown in daylight in the brochure, I'm told previous years were 6pm. Really not done with children in mind.

Childrens carts were charged at an additional $10 daily ! This was a luxury included childrens resort ?!

TLC phonecalls to ask how my holiday was at 11pm waking my already very tired children and destroying my evening. When I complained to the “concierge” I was told I would receive feedback, nothing.

We had a maid enter our room at 20:30, straight into the kids room, again waking them up! You could always try the do not disturb, but on several occasions this was ignored by cleaning staff!

Wi-fi costs an additional $15 per day PER device, "luxury included" ?! I can get free wi-fi in mcdonalds !

The "champagne" was  a £1 bottle of sparkling wine which was actually hard to find. The premium beer, 4 cans on the first day thereafter replaced with local beer. The wine, cheap undrinkable Chardonnay.

The lift in our block was out of order for the full 2 weeks meaning a lengthy walk to the next block to travel 5 floors. No attempt made to repair.

The whirlpool bath smelt like stagnant water posing a serious health risk for my family! Legionaires disease is very serious!!

Hovering waiters ruined almost every meal sometimes asking us up to 5/6 times in a few minutes if everything is ok and removing plates from the table before we had finished eating.

Not all 16 resturaunts are available, only on certain days of the week !

Our first week was over run by V.I.P’s (or rather travel agents rating the hotel) now surely the paying customer is the V.I.P ? not the case at Beaches. We found the resturaunt buffet dessimated by them. We waited for a lift, when it arrived a Beaches employee pushed past us and took the V.I.P’s to the lift ahead of us. Fundamentally rude without exception. In addition to this my family were plagued by questions from the travel agents, fortunately we were only too willing to give a much clearer picture.

Upon calling the concierge to enquire why I had not been informed a trip I had booked had been cancelled I was placed on hold for over 5 mins. Eventually I had to go there personally and found them not busy at all, so why was I on hold. Luxury service ?

However if you do decide to go, feel free to direct your complaints (you will have many) to the following people;

Mr John Hogg - this is the customer service executive for beaches london. He will refuse to talk directly. Staggering. Generally antagonistic and unhelpful. If you have issues with this guy, ask him for his manager, he will refer you to;

Deana Stefano - listed by most common contact sites on the Internet as a general secretary, referred to by Mr Hogg as his immediate manager. You can try but this one will just ignore you.

Karl Thompson - Karl is the director of Beaches/Sandals London. Has full confidence in his team of incompetents, which it would seem is led from the top! This guy didn't even investigate the complaint, really very poor customer service.

I can't advise strongly enough, there are far better all inclusive resorts in the Caribbean for less than half the cost!

We booked directly with beaches, they didn't book a ticket for my infant daughter. This left us footing a £500 bill at the airport. What they had actually done was passed my details to a third party tour operator who messed up the booking, then they blamed the operator!

Please, please don't be ripped off !
There really is NO "luxury included", they will grossly overcharge you and squeeze every penny.

• Stayed December 2009
10 Thank BeachesRipYouOff
England, Kent,
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2010

Flew with virgin, never again, food rubbish & staff were short therefore had no time for us. Dads seat was broke but flight was full & he couldn't move.
The virgin brochure led us to believe that this would be a holiday of a life time!! How wrong!!
The brochure states BRANDED drinks... not true, cheap local drinks and no bacardi only appletons rum (yuck)
The pictures on the beach and around the pool show nice big cushioned loungers....not true!
Plastic blue ones minus the cushions. There were a few nice ones by the jacuzzi but not on the beach, or if you paid extra for the butler you could use the ones by the pool.
The hotel now seems to cater for weddings and not holidays, plastic cups are fine in and around the pool, totally agree with that!! But I didn't agree with glasses being used for the wedding dinners on the pool side less then 3ft away from us with the plastic ones!
Also we had to move from out plastic loungers and stop playing water volly ball whilst the staff set up for the weddings just incase the ball went near!!
There were at least 3 weddings most days, and parts of the beach were used for these plus photos, and unless you want to be in the pictures complete with snorkel, you feel obliged to leave the beach!
I have to say though, the staff were fabulous, and will do whatever they can to make you feel like you are having a great time!
There is now a price list for what we would call our run of the mill wines, champagnes
The lobster is great and all the restaurants served good food, had a long wait at one though.
If you go to the bar and get your drink you are guaranteed alcohol in it, if the waiter (restaurant Arizona) brings it, then it comes as just sprite!
There is no waiter service at the pools or bars. There is a vending machine also with a charge.
Lots of Americans, not so many English.
And lots of American travel agents were staying, I spoke to several about Virgin... no one saw any of them, I spoke with the housing manager and she stated that they offer a FREE week for ALL travel agents selling Beaches holidays, and the virgin ones never attend.. hence the brochures not portraying the truth!!
And yes.. I would go back!! As the place is beautiful and so is the hotel..... but BA do a direct flight which is what you will see me on next time!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2010

I have travelled the Carribean quite extensively and have to say this was my wifes and my favorite island and resort . The food and service were top notch . The whole concept of this resort is unlike any other usual all inclusive . Everything from the room to the spa and fitness room were all first class . If you are having any doubts what so ever about booking a trip to Beaches Turks , don't you won't be dissapointed . Every meal we had was fantastic.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2010

After working with Dream Makers Vacation Services to book our family vacation, we decided to check out Beaches Turks and Caicos this past October. Amy, a co-owner of and agent for Dream Makers Vacation Services, worked round the clock on a weekend to answer all the questions I had about this resort. With Amy's advice, we decided to book a Governor's Suite in the Caribbean Village. I had originally read about Dream Makers Vacation Services on Trip Advisor when I was researching Beaches. After seeing all the positive reviews, I immediately contacted the agency. Amy's expertise, work ethic and quick follow up blew me away. Her guidance and advice was spot on!

Upon our arrival, we were pleased to discover that we had been upgraded 2-3 levels to a oceanview room in the Italian Village (this room cost $3,000 more than the room we paid for). Amy had mentioned she would request an upgrade, however we never expected that it would be to one of the most expensive suites at the resort! Needless to say, our two bedroom suite was immaculate, spacious, tastefully decorated and featured all the modern amenities you would expect at any 5 star hotel. Their cleaning standards were truly the best I have seen anywhere in the world. The minibar was fully stocked with plenty of alcohol, wine, bottled water, juice and sodas. There was also an Xbox and two plasma TVs.

There are sixteen restaurants on site. We ate most frequently at Marios, the Italian restaurant. The service here was very impressive. Their breakfast and lunch buffets were very tasty, with something for everyone. Their ala carte dinner service was great, as well as the Thursday night Italian buffet. Don't miss the desserts! We also enjoyed both of their pizzerias. Their sushi restaurant was great, and the service there was outstanding. Be sure to show up when they open at 6:30 p.m. if you don't want to wait, as they do not take reservations. Kimonos - a hibachi grill - was entertaining and excellent. This restaurant does require reservations, which you should make upon your arrival. Sopadillas was a romantic, adult only restaurant with good food. Arizona's was great for lunch. Our family was addicted to their soft serve ice cream, which you can get virtually any time of day or night at different locations throughout the resort.

In terms of family activities, I have to say this resort is a Disneyland of sorts. There is truly something for all ages. We have an 18 month old daughter who thoroughly enjoyed the nightly Sesame Street shows, the Character Breakfasts, and the water park. Their childcare program - Camp Sesame - was fantastic. The staff was caring, reassuring and clearly enjoy working with children. They take your children swimming, feed them lunch, snacks, put them down for naps and even call you on a cell phone (they provide these) should they feel your child needs mom or dad! They also provide private nannies at a rate of $15 for 1-2 kids, which we thought was extremely reasonable (other resorts on the island have quoted me a rate of $25 more per hour!). It seemed like all the staff members - from the servers and bartenders to the cleaning staff - loved all the kids and went out of their way to get to interact with them.

If you haven't been to Turks, I can say that the beach on Grace Bay is truly one of the best in the world. Beaches does a great job of roping off swimming and snorkeling areas, providing plenty of lounge chairs and shaded areas, and keeping everything clean and spotless! They have a wide array of water sports, ranging from daily snorkeling and dive trips to windsurfing. I took a windsurfing lesson with Roy, who was absolutely amazing. He knew what he was doing, was a great teacher, and spent 3 hours windsurfing with me and teaching me advanced techniques! The diving was good, however be sure to sign up for the two tank dives for the week as soon as you arrive. We had no problem finding spots on the single tank dives.

I had the opportunity to see rooms in both the French and Caribbean Villages. The rooms in these two areas did not compare to what we had in the Italian Village, however they are much less expensive. They were very clean, comfortable and spacious. Note that the French Village rooms do not have balconies, however the ground floor units have nice patios. The pool at the French Village is very nice, and it is also close to the water park. The Caribbean Village rooms were charming and clean, and the Presidential Suites were very nice and include Butler Service.

All in all this resort was very impressive. They do a great job with everything but truly seem to excel in providing a memorable family-friendly vacation. Although this was our first time there, we met many wonderful people who have been to the resort several times. Clearly Beaches does a great job, and there is nothing else quite like it on the island. Ditto for Dream Makers Vacation Services - they provide amazing service and treat their clients like family!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family