“For Families, beautiful beach, and activities galore..there is no other”

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 16 November 2010

As a travel agent, I was fortunate to be able to enjoy this resort on a familiarization trip and to be re-certified as a Sandals/Beaches specialist while there. I stayed in the Capri bldg. 6th floor, oceanfront, ----Siena Water's Edge, Family Suite w/ seperate kids room...to be exact. I was spoiled to say the least. It was 10 pm when I walked in my room after a rough day of touring in the Bahamas, and was treated to one of the best rooms in the resort. Needless to say, I cracked a Turks & Caicos brewed beer that was in the fridge, and got in the huge Jacuzzi. I could have slept right there in the Jacuzzi. Instead I climbed into the king sized mahogany 4-poster bed, turned on the 46' flat screen and fell asleep. I woke up to the sound of the ocean, I could see it from my bed.
The next day I was re- certified and did the tour. I saw several room categories in all three vlgs, experienced Barefoot by the Beach, the Sushi Bar, Sapodillas, Turtles Bar, the Italian Vlg. swim up bar, the nightclub, Cricketer's Pub, and the Chocolate buffet in the very short time I was there. I was also lucky enough to experience "Elmo's Tuck In". If you have small children, they will love this experience....literaly Elmo tucks them into bed along with a bedtime story....priceless. I have a ton of pic's if you don't see something I have posted, email me and I might have what you are looking for. I can't wait to bring my kids here, the activities are plentiful to say the least. The beach is beautiful and the sand feels like baby powder.There is so much to say about this resort, if you have any quesitons, please don't hesitate to email me.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (10,789)

Reviewed 13 November 2010

A nice pina colada by the bar or a swing down the Water slides, this is the nicest Beaches resort ever! My family went travelling with an 11 year old and a 14 year old and they absolutely loved it! The food was to DIE for and we loved the location! The beach was gorgeous and the chocolate tasting was one of the kids' highlights. GREAT entertainment! You will absolutely love this resort!
The only point I have to say is:
. THE BUGS WERE SOMEWHAT BAD especially if you have a room on the bottom floor. Be sure to bring bug spray
. BE SURE TO RESERVE A SPOT ON THE BEACH as the seats go quickly. You should probably wake up early (6:30 am) to place a towel on the seat or ask one of the employees.
. WE GOT SICK! Our whole family and others got sick one night after dinner at Kimonos, only it wasn't just that restaurant. We assume a bad batch of chicken must have gone around.
. BOOK EARLY! We loved the resort and wanted to go back this year although it was SOLD OUT! Make sure to book ahead for a vacation you will never forget.
. BOOK IN THE NICEST PART OF THE RESORT, THE ITALIAN VILLAGE because it was the nicest village and had the nicest suites and rooms. Another friend stayed in the French Village and said the rooms were not as fancy, clean, or nearly as nice. Plus, the Italian village is the newest addition to the resort and is extremely close to the beach.

We hope this review was helpful and we strongly encourage you to go to Beaches Turks and Caicos!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank WeLoveBeachesTurks
Reviewed 13 November 2010

We travelled to Beaches in October for 2 weeks, overall fantastic hotel and holiday , I will do best to give honest/fair review.
Flew via Nassau which we were not informed about when booking direct with Beaches, I believe all BA flights go via Nassau, not much of a problem however does make it approximate 12 hour flight.
We booked parrot cay 1 bedroom villa in Caribean Village which cost us extra £1200.00, and I had previously e-mailed resort requesting sea view room as it was for my 40th birthday, and if they could make the day any more special , (they seem to ignore e-mail) we were as far away from sea as possible in that class of room , and nothing was done for birthday!
Room was ok large king size bed with trunkle bed in lounge for kids which was comfortable a stocked mini bar , jacuzzi bath, shower and toilet, view from room was awful and location again awful, we paid extra for concierge service , waste of money! I pointed a out disappointment with room and they wanted to charge extra £3k to move us!! Needless to say we stayed put!
Restaurants
Wow- the restaurants here are fantasic (mostly) Francos pizza in Caribean Village they are to die for & what a character we built up good relation ship with him, a must at lunch time! Wanted to ship him home with us. Only problems we encountered was with spooners one night the service received from 2 head staff (Doreen and mclean)unforgivable the way they treated our family that night, we were made to wait 1 hour 30 for a table after being told 30 minutes, when we asked about table Doreen did not like it, after complaining several times we were finally shown to table the looks we were getting from to staff mentioned was making us very uncomfortable, so I asked if they had problem obviously this was denied, then they served our meal, not sure what they had done with scollops maybe came our of bin, maybe to long under hot plate, who knows they were rock hard and tasted discusting! We left at that point and did not return for rest of holiday! Be warned don't complian who's knows what they do to food! We did take the matter to Management not sure was action was taken. The only other restaurant which was terrible was the which everybody on site never good word was giuseppe's terrible food, atmosphere and staff , give it a miss!! Arizona's is superb, the staff in their are so friendly especially Sophia wonderful smily lady a real gem, food excellent too,
Our favourite restaurant however is sapodillas , oh my goodness me' White glove service with a smile and first class food , all in all the food at resort is wonderful you will be very spolit!
Scuba diving we did loads and loads 23 dives in 2 weeks my husband and son did! World class , hmm not sure about that but excellent none the same we saw sharks plentiful, turtles, eagle rays loads of fish life overall good diving, the dive shop is poorly managed by an English girl who never smiles and is quite arrogant, come on if lucky enough to be working in 5 star luxury in world class diving most people would be beaming!?
Quite a few at the dive shop are miserable , and goodness me' don't expect them to open up till bang on 8.15!! One or 2, of staff were really good however , English chris he turned our diving around for us made it really enjoyable also worth a mention Captain Jacket another character a pleasure to meet, Curtis lovely chap and good diver too- even though he gets picked on by other staff members, come on lads give him a break ! Quite a few good dive leaders hats off to you!
watersports are plentiful and free, we wanted to go deep sea fishing however but Island tours were not able to fill a boat? £ 295 each you think they would have just took us -no? Money is obviously not short on the island.
Shopping we nearly paid for the shopping trip with Island tours don't bother it's a waste of money, we took a Taxi to Salt mills $21 each way fraction of cost of trip, unfortunatly not alot of shops there if you want jewellery there is a good duty free shop called jays, however the same shop is in departure lounge at airport! Very few other souvenir shops at salt mills, I also believe you can walk to it along beach and it only takes around 15 minutes. There is a Market run by locals out the back of hotel which were managed to buy our souvenirs from, and a Market comes inside hotel one afternoon per week too, Turks & Caicos is not like other Caribean islands I have been to for shopping , basically if you like shopping it's not for you!
Back to hotel, kids club my daughter went every day while we were diving, the do open early to accommodate divers however we did feel this was a problem for them, and they did not like it, they would put her in games room alone and switch tv on, she would have to watch tv all alone for an hour before other kids arrived, I used to feel so mean leaving her!! On the positive my daughter loved Ruth one of the leaders, happy smily bubbly lady, a real gem!
Which brings me' to the staff at resort most of the staff are friendly and always have a smile, however some can be quite obnoxious and rude, we used to have a game spot the Jamacian, they were the rude ones always, there seem to be some competition with the staff local Turks &Caicos people against the Jamacians who think they are better at the job as they have been doing it longer! Let me' tell you the local people may not have been doing it as long but they are way friendlier and more pleasant with guests.
Hotel is in 3 parts as is always mentioned on here we stayed in Caribean part which is the older part BUT it is central for everything probably the best location, the French village is at the back of resort and very Disney looking well out of the way and long walks to get anywhere, it does have it own nice pool but your missing out on so much more if you just stay there, the best is un-doubtedly the Itlalian village beautifully set we made friends with people staying in kids den so I was able to look around room, if you can afford it book it , beautiful another class, pool at Itlalian village fantastic too, open to everybody,
Waterpark is good fun with lazy river, slides etc my kids had ball here , with bobby dees they could nip in any time for snack ice cream, candy floss, biscuit you name it they have it. Excellent
My only real bug bare is we met some complainers while there and they got up graded to same class room as us 2 x families and both families got up-graded and even given extra room too!! Un- fair we paid extra for our room and were not given our requests? It's very annoying for people who have paid before arrival to hear about others getting upgrades for free if they moan a little ? And for no real cause!
Beautiful hotel, staff mostly excellent, food first class , would I revisit yes in a jiffy, we have been very spolit and it will be hard to beat next year .

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank hadtra1
Reviewed 11 November 2010

I travelled to Beaches Turks and Caicos with two children ages 4 and 7 during the first week of November. After extensive research on pricing and reading reviews on Trip Advisor, we booked our stay through Dream Makers Vacation Services, with Michael McHugh. Beaches doesn't discount its rooms but Dream Makers has a close partnership with the resort and has extensive knowledge of the resort, and I can't compliment enough the quality of service that we received from Michael. We booked a French Village room because that what was within our budget, and we were upgraded to an Italian Village Penthouse Suite - which costs thousands more. When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by Adrian, one of the managers, who welcomed us personally and who spoke so highly of Dream Makers Vacation Services. And he was right in every way. Not only did Michael answer every question I had in advance, but he made diving and restaurant reservations for us, and since we were there during Hurricane Tomas, he checked on us throughout our stay to make sure we were ok and that we were able to get home. Dream Makers Vacation Services was truly outstanding and I highly recommend that anyone who travels to Beaches use this agency.

Now about the resort - they say that you can best judge a hotel by how it acts during a crisis, and I must say that this is the case. We were there when Hurricane Tomas was supposed to hit, and I can't say enough good things about how the hotel managed the threat of the hurricane (which is all it turned out to be - a lot of rain). The manager had several meetings with hotel guests to update them the weather, the situation with the airport, the hotel's emergency facilities (they have a generator, enough food to last for weeks and weeks, etc.). The airport ended up being close for 2 days and the hotel staff in the concierge areas were bombarded by agitated, frustrated guests who were desperate to find alternate travel arrangements and they kept their cool and did an amazing job of helping each guest. In addition, they were in constant communication with the airport and the airlines and were able to let us know when American Airlines opened a new flight, which was the saving grace for us to get home. Lastly the hotel provided 2 complimentary nights to those guests who were stranded due to the airport closures, which was an unbelievable display of outstanding customer service. They arranged tons of indoor activities when the weather turned bad, and made sure that guests were entertained. The hotel is all about serving its guests, addressing their needs, and demonstrating outstanding professionalism - much like Dream Makers Vacation Services.

On to the actual facilities...there are a ton of restaurants. Le Petit Chateau, adults only, was amazing. We loved the BBQ at Arizona's for lunch. Lorna and Brian at Bobby Ds were lovely. The dive team was excellent, as were the guys who took us out on the Hobbie Cats. Our kids loved the waterslides, the beach, the fashion show, and the abundance of activities going on all the time. The place is like a wonderland between the cotton candy machines, the ice cream bar, and the halloween trick or treating. Everywhere we went staff smiled at us and said hello. The manager had commented during one of the hurricane meetings how much they take care of their staff and how they make sure that they are treated well. This was evident by the level of job satisfaction and customer service that came from 95% of the staff. Also the transfer to and from the airport was so smooth, down to the hotel actually providing a scale in the departure lounge so that you could make sure your luggage wasn't overweight. Our room was beautiful - housekeeping services were terrific and my kids loved the monkey and dog that the housekeeping staff made out of towels and left in the room.

I have very few criticisms of the hotel. My kids went to camp a few mornings and a couple of evenings. They were happy with the morning session and the camp enabled them to make friends that they played with throughout the week. I wasn't as pleased with the evening activities and when I let the staff know they went out of their way to address my concerns and thank me for providing feedback. I think the camp would benefit from having coloring and arts and crafts avaiable during the downtime between activities and having the capacity for free play activities besides xbox. But again my kids were happy and I was very pleased with the management's willingness to listen to our feedback. This is a sign of a truly exceptional hotel, one that is committed to excellence and making sure that guests are happy. Our only other issues were the shortage of towels - guests seemed to hoard them, we couldn't find them near the beach, and we had a lot of rain so they kept getting wet. I agree with other reviewers that it would be nice to have food and drink service at the beach and pool. However I can see how not doing this helps keep the place as immaculate as it is -from the lack of trash to the beautiful landscaped areas. The place is paradise.

We are looking forward to going back and hope that there are more flights and improvements at the airport!

It was a tremendous vacation, and I would like to thank Michael McHugh at Dream Makers Vacation Services and the manager Adrian for all that they did.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank NJFamilyCloster_NJ
Reviewed 11 November 2010

First, let me say that we planned this entire vacation for the kids...otherwise, I would have been at Sandals. So, was everything perfect for me as an adult....no...but it was very very good. Now, ask my 9 year old...and she will tell you that it was a dream vacation for her...the best place ever and now that we are home, she is still talking about it. They had an area just for the the kids..with a restaurant that served chicken fingers..french fries...burgers...walk outside and there are two awesome slides...and a swim up bar for kids service smoothies.

My biggest complaint is that there is not much for adults to do at night...one bar/lounge..and it's pretty empty at ...but honestly, there was only one night I even had the energy to get there. I found the rooms to be clean...the restaurants to be good. The excursions are great..and beach...oh my..that can't be beat..ever...no matter where you go. The staff is friendly. Is everything perfect...no...but no vacation ever is. But I can tell you that this was as close to perfect that I've gotten.

We loved our family vacation...we will never forget it!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank mary6949
Reviewed 11 November 2010

My husband and I stayed at Beaches Turks & Caicos for our Honeymoon and just returned home. We had a fantastic time!!

Honeymoon: Although it was a Beaches (family) Resort, we were not at all distracted by the children & families at the hotel and on the grounds. For anyone planning a honeymoon, if you're questioning whether or not to stay at this Beaches, I'd say go for it. Yes, there are families and children at the resort, but there are so many activities for kids which keeps them busy and mostly in the Italian Village area. You will certainly see kids daily, but again, you probably won't go to the kiddie pool, but rather grab a cabana on the beach with your spouse. You can still have a romantic dinner on the beach, or in one of the several restaurants, lounge by the pool, and go for a quiet walk at night.

When we first arrived, we made our way through the airport and were driven to the resort via taxi. Several "Beaches" employees are stationed at the airport to help you get around. Once we arrived, our bags were taken for us and we were able to check-in. Although we had to wait for our room, (about half an hour) we were given a tour of the resort and escorted to a restaurant to grab a bite to eat.

Food: There are 16 restaurants on the resort and they are all really good. There's a huge variety of food, and everything is CLEAN! Some of the restaurants have tablecloths on the tables and I saw more than once that when guests would leave after their meal, the entire table cloth was changed, not just brushed off! I'm a picky eater, and was able to find food that was very enjoyable.

The pools on the resort are very clean, and towels are provided. The beach is beautiful, and there are several lounge chairs and cabanas for everyone. Walking around the grounds themselves there were several staff who always said hi, and they were always working. The grounds were CLEAN and the upkeep was evident.

Rooms: We booked a Honeymoon Suite which was large, and nice. The second day we were there, it rained and we had a leak in our room. We called the front desk and within 20 minutes we had a staff member at our door to pick up our bags and were upgraded to a Villa with no hassle at all. The villa room was fantastic - very clean again, with sheets and towels in the room cleaned daily - sometimes even twice a day! It was very quiet at night, and we slept well every night (in both rooms we had!).

There is a spa on the resort which is second to none! Again, very clean and great service. There are shops on the resort which are very nice, but there is also a daily market just outside of the resort showcasing local merchants. Worth going to!

I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone! It was more expensive than other places we looked at, but you get what you pay for!! We arrived and left with several other guests that we met along the way, and there were no complaints that we heard of from them either.

Great place to stay!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dpalblue
Reviewed 11 November 2010

FIRSTLY PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY GOING HERE! Please please please read this before spending your money. There are MUCH better value 5 star venues in the Caribbean than this !

We booked the concierge service at the Italian village, seriously not worth half the price. As for the other villages, I understand much worse.

One sesame character walks around once per day for about 10 mins. Always accompanied by the hotel photographer and ushered away quickly after one photograph. Sometimes you are restricted from taking your own photographs of your children to make u buy the hotel photographs! (at huge cost $250 for 20 on a cd)

The sesame street parade was later than 7.30 leaving most children tired and upset, but yet it is shown in daylight in the brochure, I'm told previous years were 6pm. Really not done with children in mind.

Childrens carts were charged at an additional $10 daily ! This was a luxury included childrens resort ?!

TLC phonecalls to ask how my holiday was at 11pm waking my already very tired children and destroying my evening. When I complained to the “concierge” I was told I would receive feedback, nothing.

We had a maid enter our room at 20:30, straight into the kids room, again waking them up! You could always try the do not disturb, but on several occasions this was ignored by cleaning staff!

Wi-fi costs an additional $15 per day PER device, "luxury included" ?! I can get free wi-fi in mcdonalds !

The "champagne" was  a £1 bottle of sparkling wine which was actually hard to find. The premium beer, 4 cans on the first day thereafter replaced with local beer. The wine, cheap undrinkable Chardonnay.

The lift in our block was out of order for the full 2 weeks meaning a lengthy walk to the next block to travel 5 floors. No attempt made to repair.

The whirlpool bath smelt like stagnant water posing a serious health risk for my family! Legionaires disease is very serious!!

Hovering waiters ruined almost every meal sometimes asking us up to 5/6 times in a few minutes if everything is ok and removing plates from the table before we had finished eating.

Not all 16 resturaunts are available, only on certain days of the week !

Our first week was over run by V.I.P’s (or rather travel agents rating the hotel) now surely the paying customer is the V.I.P ? not the case at Beaches. We found the resturaunt buffet dessimated by them. We waited for a lift, when it arrived a Beaches employee pushed past us and took the V.I.P’s to the lift ahead of us. Fundamentally rude without exception. In addition to this my family were plagued by questions from the travel agents, fortunately we were only too willing to give a much clearer picture.

Upon calling the concierge to enquire why I had not been informed a trip I had booked had been cancelled I was placed on hold for over 5 mins. Eventually I had to go there personally and found them not busy at all, so why was I on hold. Luxury service ?

However if you do decide to go, feel free to direct your complaints (you will have many) to the following people;

Mr John Hogg - this is the customer service executive for beaches london. He will refuse to talk directly. Staggering. Generally antagonistic and unhelpful. If you have issues with this guy, ask him for his manager, he will refer you to;

Deana Stefano - listed by most common contact sites on the Internet as a general secretary, referred to by Mr Hogg as his immediate manager. You can try but this one will just ignore you.

Karl Thompson - Karl is the director of Beaches/Sandals London. Has full confidence in his team of incompetents, which it would seem is led from the top! This guy didn't even investigate the complaint, really very poor customer service.

I can't advise strongly enough, there are far better all inclusive resorts in the Caribbean for less than half the cost!

We booked directly with beaches, they didn't book a ticket for my infant daughter. This left us footing a £500 bill at the airport. What they had actually done was passed my details to a third party tour operator who messed up the booking, then they blamed the operator!

Please, please don't be ripped off !
There really is NO "luxury included", they will grossly overcharge you and squeeze every penny.

• Stayed: December 2009