“Overall nice”

Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Toronto
“Overall nice”
Reviewed 22 November 2010

Stayed in a French Village walkout and thought the location next to the pool was great. Also, travelling with a 14 month old, the walkout gave us easy access in and out of the room.

Overall the resort was very nice. The service was top notch.There is a no tip policy which the employees adhered to. All the employees looked like they loved their jobs and took pride in the resort and experience... super friendly.

Food was excellent and we loved that all the restaurants, except for a couple, were a la carte. This took away from that cattle feeling one tends to get at most places. There was plenty of variety and my wife and I (foodies) looked forward to trying new things every day. The sushi was amazing.

The grounds and buildings were very nice but inside the rooms were a little bit of a let down. For the price one pays, they lacked a real premium luxury feel that we are used to elsewhere. We had a little problem with our initial room but after speaking to Wendi at the front desk she was able to move us and actually upgraded us for the trouble... very kind.

Kids love this place. There are penty of activities and Sesame Street characters running around to entertain them.

Overall, a great experience...Beaches does it right.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,883)
  • Indonesian first
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 22 November 2010

We spent 5 nights at the Italian Village, the newest part of Beaches resort in Turks/Caicos in mid November, 2010. The Italian village with butler service two bedroom suite was wonderful. Food was consistently very good, not excellent, but good to very good. The room was kept very clean and the butlers while uneven at times, were helpful. Friends staying at the French Village were not as pleased with their rooms, when they were moved to the Caribbean Village, things were better, but not anywhere near as nice as the Italian Village. Eat at the Italian restaurant, the sushi place, the japanese place, skip the food at the beach barbeque.

Orangeville
Reviewed 21 November 2010

mY bEST FRIEND AND i STAYED AT bEACHES FOR THE bEST fRIENDS gETAWAY AND HER 50TH BIRTHDAY. iT WAS THE MOST AMAZING TIME!!!The resort was awesome.The restaurants were amazing..the room was to die for (they gave us beachfront!)..the beach was HEAVEN!!! We had the most axazing time! No kids no husband..just us 2 best friends (for 35 years!)...it was soooo relaxing...fun catching up on life and not having to rush anywhere! The staff was INCREDIBLE!!!! Hats off to our room maids! Stevon and Lerma! They always had something special for us! On my friends birthday they filled the tub with bubbles and flower petals! There was always a warm friendly note and a towel friend! They were awesome! And your wonderful spa girls! LOVE THEM!!!! Arlene and Hermala!!! We had an amazing time with them...so much so that we passed up our farewell dinner with our group!Unbelievable woman! I could go on and on about the resort...The Italian Village is where we stayed...wow...we are already planning another BFF getaway my friend and I but will not be coming with the package of BFF's...on our own for a whole week....didn't want to leave!! I have travelled to many places in the Carribean but this one takes the cake!!!!! HEAVEN!!!!!! A little piece of undiscovered beauty!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Milford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 November 2010

October 16-23, 2010, This was our second visit to this resort and enjoyed the visit despite some issues with the dive shop and Beaches "Live it Up and Dive" in October promotion.

Room
We booked a French Luxury room but were fortunate enough to be upgraded to the Italian Village Venetian Family Suite (rm 3210). The room has a separate kids "room" that you need to walk through to get to the bath room and master bedroom. The location was great for us as we were seconds away from the dive shop.
Restaurants
We ate at most of the 16 restaurants at least for one meal with breakfasts split between Mario's and Reflections and lunches at Marios, Bella Napoli, and Gordon's Pizzeria. We tried most for dinner except Kimono's…..Barefoot by the Sea, Le Petit Chateau, Cricketer's Pub, Schooners and Sapodillas. Lots choices, so if you don't like one, you can try another. We normally went when the restaurants opened, so we did not encounter any waits.

Entertainment / Activities
Despite being promoted as a kid area, we along with several other adults without children enjoyed the lazy river and water slides. There was never a line to go down the slides but a short line for the surf simulator. Note: During our stay, the waterpark wasn't as busy when it first opened but did get more crowded as the day went on.

The gym has great aerobic equipment but the weights area may disappoint some people. Note: The fridge in the room has cool peppermint towels, great after a work-out as well as taking on the dive boat to freshen up.

The dive shop is definitely utilized by many of the people at the resort as two or three boats are out for the 1 and 2-tank dives. During this year's stay, there was an organized dive group which took over the majority of one of the boats. There was some chaos as all boats were trying to go out at the same time, instead of trying to stagger the departure times. Most of the dives we did were not on the website listing. In two years of diving, we have only done two on the list even with over a dozen dives completed there. One TA review said to ask to dive Thunderdome and we were glad we did. It was a fun dive with an underwater game dome broken up due to one of the hurricanes. Of the other dives we did, I really enjoyed Chimney which takes you through a chimney like tunnel.

You need to be aware of where the dives go to on each day as the ones that go to either NW point or West Caicos do take a bit longer than the ones that stay in Grace Bay. The boat trip to NW point can be almost an hour and going to West Caicos you take a shuttle to the south end of the island and then at least a 45 minute boat ride.

Return Guest Luncheon at Schooners
This event falls short in comparison to the dinners done by Sandals resorts. It really felt like just another meal at the resort, rather than a special event/dinner that you experience at any of the Sandals resorts. Management did go around (as well as Elmo) to check in on repeat guests.

Chocolate & Martini Extravaganza
Located at Gordon's Piazza, the desserts presented tasted as good as they looked. Do get there when it starts or the selection could be limited. We did not eat them then, but brought a plate back to enjoy the next day.

Manager's Cocktail party
This event was a bit disappointing as it was more geared to sales of spa, tours, gift shop product then the traditional "meet and greet" with the various managers to provide the feedback of your stay. Food samplings were good, but not much else to keep us there for more than a few minutes.

The Soon Come Back Party of Treasure Beach is fun, especially for the kids as the Sesame Street crew does a stage show. The staff does a great job setting up an elaborate buffet on the beach on Friday nights.

Concierge Events:
The Concierge Dept also has a weekly schedule of special events and we took part in two, Food and Wine Pairing class and the Adult Only Cruise along Grace Bay. Despite the noon time start, the class was informative and we got to try the "pay for" reds and whites. The 4pm cruise is definitely something to do….great appetizers and basic beverages (water, soda, beer) while cruising along gorgeous Grace Bay (turning around at Club Med). Everyone really enjoyed themselves and the staff had a few prizes to give away. Someone did complain that there was no wine or mixed drinks, so if you must have those beverages, please bring your own (in plastic) !! We understood that they can't bring a full compliment of drinks onto a dive boat for an hour, but apparently someone repeatedly made a comment about it!! LOL!!!

Pools / Beaches
The Italian pool had the most people using it with the French and Caribbean pools had a handful of people. Since the beach is so gorgeous here, we spent most of our time there and not at the pools. There was no issue obtaining lounges under the umbrellas on the beach. For those who are beachcombers, there are lots of small shells, in either direction on Grace Bay. The Where When How!! magazine (found at the airport as well as Beaches gift shops) has a great photo of all the shells that can be found in TCI. We were able to find quite a few listed.

Car Rental/Island touring
We did opt to tour the island one day during our stay. The concierge called Hertz for us and they picked us up to process the paperwork back at their site. The rental for the basic SUV was $81 including taxes and fees. They did tell us to be careful if we did go to Malcolm's or Five Cays beaches as there had been incidents. We did go to Sapodilla and Taylor Bays (thanks for the directions obtained here on TA) as well as Pelican Beach and the Conch Farm. Both Hertz and Beaches were not sure if the Conch Farm was open but we can confirm that they are and did give us an informative but brief tour of their operations along with "meeting" Sally & Jerry. It was $10 a person, but they are trying to rebuild after all the 2008 hurricane damage. We also went into the Blue Hills area and stopped a beach closed to the Conch Shack. The beach had several conch shells just sitting on the beach or in the water, so if you want to get a couple for souvenirs, you just need to clean them up a little bit.

Final Thoughts
Overall, our stay was wonderful. Most of the staff we encountered were friendly and made you feel very welcome. We saw our share of wedding, renewals during our stay as well as lots of photo shoots on the beach. I know some consider this a family resort, but we never felt out of place, enjoying the water park or any other area of the resort. If you are a diver, this place definitely adds to the value of your stay.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nikko4Me
Reviewed 20 November 2010

Staff is not always warm and welcoming but, they are always accommodating! Beaches will nickle and dime you on petty things like character pictures and shirts etc..... Food is a consistent "7" and they have great children menus. Stayed in French village, room was very nice but, I wish I stood in itallion village as this is by far the best place to stay for too many reasons to list. GREAT VACATION!!! We would go again with out hesitation. AWSOME for kids!!! Bring your bug spray, the Mosquitos are relentless!!!

• Stayed November 2010
Treasure Island, FL
Reviewed 17 November 2010

We have stayed at this resort 4 times and we all love it. We have three young children (ages 9,9, & 7) and find this resort to be the very kid friendly. We stay at the Italian Village, which is closest to the new pool and very close to the beach. It is the newer section, and each suite has a seperate kids room that sleeps 3 children. We never run out of things to do, we snorkel 3 or 4 times during the week. The water park is a so much fun. Turks and Caicos has the best water! We find the variety of food and drinks to be a huge asset. We check in, and don't feel the need to leave the resort until departure day. I tell everyone I know about Beaches Turks and Caicos.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed 16 November 2010

My husband and 2 boys (ages 7 and 9) just returned from what I would class as the best family trip we have ever taken. Admittedly, I went into the vacay with some concern based on my one and only experience I had on my honeymoon back in 1997. I had stayed at Sandals St Lucia in 1997 and the one part of the Sandals experience (back then) that I did not want to deal with was having to fight for dinner reservations and/or wait for an open tablet. PS - I have since learned that this is no longer an issue in St Lucia due to the third property being opened a few years back. Anyway, I had been reading and rereading the reviews here on Trip Advisor and found no hint of such problems but nonetheless needed to over research which is when I stumbled on the name of the best travel agent I have ever used - Michael McHugh of Dream Makers Vacation Services. Not only did Michael put all of my concerns to rest he took the time during evenings and weekends when I did not even expect a reply to my emails to really drill down on my litany of questions concerning which Beaches to pick and which village was best and so on and so on.....

Michael was "dead on" in his recommendations for us. After explaining to Michael the places that my family had visited in the past and explaining our likes and dislikes - he felt we would most enjoy the Italian Village and he was 100% correct. Not only did we love the accomodations but we were upgraded upon check in thanks to Michael and Dream Makers Vacation Services. They were wonderful to work with and clearly they hold some serious clout at the resort because we were treated like royalty from the start.. Also, Michael informed me that I was entitled to repeat stay discounts that I did not even know existed and so while a travel agent never adds to your cost for Beaches - this actually saved me! Wow.

So to dive into the actual trip experience - we were extremely impressed with the service. The Concierge staff was fabulous. A special thanks to Sarah and Gwendolyn who bent over backwards for us. We were brought by private transfer from the airport where we were greeted with champagne and cookies for the kids....happy faces and eager staff. We went for 7 nights Oct 30 through Nov 6 and had an adventure at the end in getting to experiencing Hurricane Tomas on our last 2 days. While is it never fun to be on vacation anywhere during a hurricane - to me it sold me on being a Sandals/Beaches fan for life. Every one of the 1200 employees (many of whom come from Haiti and had families of their own in danger to worry about) came to work (despite threats of 120 mile an hour winds) and ensured our safety and comfort. I dont want to spend this review talking about the rain but I have to say - crisis such as this puts a resort to the test and they ramped it up at a time that one would expect it to be lessened. Sarah (Manager of Concierge) personally reached out to me to assist me in rebooking airfare if needed and kept in constant contact with my airline for me so I did not have to waste my own time tied to a phone. She also hooked me up with extra xbox games for the room. Anyway, the resort held meetings to prepare us for the storm, stocked our rooms with extra waters, removed all loose deck chairs and furniture - and made us feel safe. All for naught because the storm was downgraded and not that big of a deal in the end but had it been necessary - Beaches was prepared to offer a free night to anyone that had issue getting out on time and did not skip a beat - leaving restaurants fully functional and planning lots to do activity wise. Anyone on a ground floor was upgraded to a safer height and so on. The really cool part about this chaotic experience is that all of the being staying at the resort seemed to bond in our fear while we waited and I had the pleasure of meeting folks from the Carribean Village who were moved to Italian (pre storm). This was particularly cool because had it not been Italian I would have chosen Carribean beach front and I met some folks who felt both were great but preferred Carribean for their own reasons. Next time, I may try Carribean just for a change. Anyway, I know I am all over the map in this review but the point of this entire paragraph is to impress upon you the fact that the service is STELLAR.

Rooms - like I said we stayed in Italian Villiage - in a Venetian Suite that was upgraded to Tuscan due to Dream Makers Vacation Services. Our view was of the Pool and the ocean....lovely. Having Xbox in the rooms was awesome. I was afraid my kids might end up glued to it all week which did not end up being a problem. It really came in hand when we were getting ready for dinner and/or caught indoors due to weather. My only complaint is that Beaches does not offer room service unless you stay in a butlered room. This is a big bummer during a rain storm but outside of that I did not mind the walk. I would say that for a resort of this price level - it would be nice if they included it - even if only for limited hours or for a surcharge - I would have paid.

Property - pristine grounds, rooms, pools, maid service did fab job leaving room spotless daily. The beach was one of the most beautiful I have seen and the kids were able to snorkle right there without issue. Upon recommendation we took a walk to a public beach for snorkeling as well (walk left on the beach). Here we saw lots more such as sea turles, baracuda, eel of and of course fish - lots of them. It was great.

Kids loved the water park, xbox garage, dj scratch and so on. They loved the food everywhere but of course Bobby D's all day icecream was a hit. PS - do yourself a favor and limt the shirley temples because that red sugar juice in endless quantites will turn you kids into lightning bolts. I guess that must be how they feel about me and my all day long latte and cappucino. LOL. .

Restaurants - my favorite was Sushi Bar, then Kimonos and then Schooners for the Red Snapper! Wow. We liked Marios for breakfast and French Cafe for round the clock expresso, cappucino and treats - like Dunkin Donuts for free all day long. Yay.

We never found issue with getting chairs at the pool or beach and except for rain days - no problems finding towels either. With my room category - I got a spa credit so treated myself to 80 min massage. Urie was my therapist and he was fab.

We decided to take one excursion while there - the catamaran ride to Iguana Island and then some snorkeling out a a reef. It was a definite highlgiht. Kids were able to watch Conch be caught, killed and then we ate them raw. Really! Tastes like chicken. LOL It was super cool. Snorkeling was a bit rough that day due to hurricane coming but it did not stop our enjoyment and I always love to get outside of a resort at least once during a stay to get a perspective of the island and see other hotels along the same coast.

My 9 year old really took to sailing and got private lessons back at the resort on the hobie cats (windsurfers). We took those out 1-2 times each day

Professional photography was fun to do and worth it for the quality and memories. A special thanks to James Bond and also our 2 fav bar tenders - Davee and Austin (Ital Pool)

All in all it is a trip we will not soon forget and will certainly return again. I cannot think of another resort, safer, more clean, more luxurious with as much to do for all ages as this. I had tossed around ideas of going to other places such as Atlantis or Riveria Maya and so on with kids but all in all they would have been bored or I would have been less safe and so the reasons are endless why this is truly the best place possible for families. My sons both liked it more than Disney and I really appreciated being able to read my book on the beach or have a drink at the swim up bar knowing my kids were happy and with me but yet enjoyed what they wanted to do without me having to worry.

Again, biggest learning experience for me was to use Dream Makers Vacation Services. I have not used an agent for many years (simply because internet seems easy enough) but I will never NOT use one again. I have run into issues on vacations in the past....and had to fend for myself and because we were endorsed as VIP customers we were treated better than the masses during the times that meant most....you cant put a price on that and luckily you dont have to.

3 Thank Ebby71